Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 254914 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163390 Feb 13, 2013
Suhayl Hadar wrote:
<quoted text>You are mixing politics with spirituality. Such seems to be a mistake made by many who try to hold a monopoly on religion to control others. The scripture informs us "that without faith, it is impossible to please God." That being so, I assume it is your faith that validates the catholic church over the protestant church, right? I say that, because you were not around to see Peter give anyone any set of keys to do anything. Once again, you are inserting politics into religion. The only reason Catholics had a problem with King James, is because he took power from the Catholic church, via translating the word of God from Latin into English. I Guess that is what the catholic church refers to as heracy ?
When Jesus returns, do you think he will approve of your huge megaplexes called churches, and would he approve of the huge money maker that the church has become ? Would he approve of your using of politics to minipulate God's people ? Was it not Jesus who whipped the money changers out of the temples? When did religion turn into big business ? There is no one true church, just one true God. Those who love God and submit to him, are his beloved. anything else is politics, and I'm disgusted with political teachers.
Jesus established the Catholic Church and it is only in the Catholic Church that we have continuity between today’s leaders and the Apostles; this continuity is called Apostolic Succession through the laying on of hands from the present bishops to the Apostles. By the laying on of hands the Holy Spirit imparts a special grace on the recipient; giving the recipient a greater share in the life of God through grace.

King James had no authority from God to translate the Holy Bible into English or any other language. As can be seen from the many denominations of Christians the Catholic Church was right in knowing people would misunderstand the Holy Bible by interpreting it with a carnal mind and not the mind of God.

The temples of Jerusalem were richly furnished because they were the house of God as are the Catholic Churches are now. Catholics give but a small portion of their wealth to build fitting places for the tabernacles of the Lord to reside throughout the world. Jesus is now present physically in every Catholic Church tabernacle throughout the world.

muslims have built a large monument to a few black stones and muslims spend billions of dollars traveling across the world to gaze upon them; for what?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163391 Feb 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Paul,
Have mercy on your own soul!
Paul, according to Shamma's post, wants everyone to suffer. Jesus does not.
Not only the Catholic Church is blind but you are also are really blind.
Jesus set the example and we make up in our flesh what was lacking in the suffering of Christ for His Body the Church.

Suffering comes to everyone, the just and the wicked, but the just can gain grace through their suffering by offering it up for the conversion of sinners. Why would Jesus support fasting if it had no spiritual value?
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#163392 Feb 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, he does.
The revelations did not come to the Prophet from the God of Christians, who revealed nothing to the biblical Jesus.
The Christian God is not the God of Israel. Please make a note of this.
Thus saith the LORD!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163393 Feb 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad that you took the cue from my post.
But, but, but, Jesus never said, "God is the Holy Spirit". Please keep this Holy Spirit of yours, far, far away from God Almighty. Thanks
"No one can say 'Jesus is Lord' except by the Holy Spirit."1 "God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying,'Abba! Father!"'2 This knowledge of faith is possible only in the Holy Spirit: to be in touch with Christ, we must first have been touched by the Holy Spirit. He comes to meet us and kindles faith in us. By virtue of our Baptism, the first sacrament of the faith, the Holy Spirit in the Church communicates to us, intimately and personally, the life that originates in the Father and is offered to us in the Son.

You worship an unknown pagan god BMZ.

God, the creator of the world revealed Himself to us through His Son Jesus Christ.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#163394 Feb 13, 2013
Mental Blockhead,

In case you don't get it, which is what I know to be true in any case, I am mocking you.

P.S. International readers, please make a note of this.

Location hidden

#163395 Feb 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the teaching Jesus gave? You can see men doing the talking.
And who was Jesus centred on?
1. Yes!
2.The men talking are inspired by the Spirit of Jesus,
3. Jesus is centered on spiritually preparing His believers in Him to accept the trials in life for His sake, so that we can have life eternally in the family of God.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#163396 Feb 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Is is clearly visible from your post you lack understanding.
You boast that God is One, but one what?
You live the life of Muhammad as though Muhammad is God.
Is Muhammad God?
I have never boasted that way. I boast this way:

There is one and only one God almighty, the LORD, whom we call Allah in Arabic.

That God is one, is Christianity's boast and it is used to show the absurd "Oneness" of God.

You should actually boast this way for your Christian God: "God is oneness"

We have told you that we worship only Allah, the LORD Almighty God. Muslims consider Moses, Jesus and Muhammad as obedient SLAVES of Allah, the LORD Almighty God.

Muhammad is not God, ignorant fool! Who told you that? Must be the Christian evangelists, another bunch of clueless fools!

We do not have any Man God, Mother God or Father God or Ghost God. We do not believe in that stuff.
bmz

Singapore

#163397 Feb 13, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Thus saith the LORD!
Thanks, Buford. I Am pleased.
bmz

Singapore

#163398 Feb 13, 2013
Buford wrote:
Mental Blockhead,
In case you don't get it, which is what I know to be true in any case, I am mocking you.

P.S. International readers, please make a note of this.
Oh, they know the mockers well. They have already noted. I am kept informed via PMs.

The silent majority of the international readers, is taking down notes. No worries.

Buford,

Are you reading Shamma's sham?
bmz

Singapore

#163399 Feb 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
You worship an unknown pagan god BMZ.
God, the creator of the world revealed Himself to us through His Son Jesus Christ.
Muslims worship the LORD Almighty God of Abraham and the patriarchs.

So, who was that God, who revealed himself to Noah, Abraham, Jacob and Moses?

Please don't tell me it was your triune God!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163400 Feb 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims worship the LORD Almighty God of Abraham and the patriarchs.
So, who was that God, who revealed himself to Noah, Abraham, Jacob and Moses?
Please don't tell me it was your triune God!
The one true God is the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. He is the Creator of all things visible and invisible. Why do you skip Isaac? You cannot get to Jacob without Isaac! Isaac is the child of the promise.
bmz

Singapore

#163401 Feb 13, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>1. Yes!
2.The men talking are inspired by the Spirit of Jesus,
3. Jesus is centered on spiritually preparing His believers in Him to accept the trials in life for His sake, so that we can have life eternally in the family of God.
Shamma,

If this so-called Spirit of Jesus or the Holy Spirit had existed and had guided people well, there would have been no triune God and no Christianity.

Those men were fighting at the Church Forum, which had gone crazy during 3rd to the 6th Century.

Can you stop writing His, Him and He for Jesus, please? He is not God.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163402 Feb 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Shamma,
If this so-called Spirit of Jesus or the Holy Spirit had existed and had guided people well, there would have been no triune God and no Christianity.
Those men were fighting at the Church Forum, which had gone crazy during 3rd to the 6th Century.
Can you stop writing His, Him and He for Jesus, please? He is not God.
Jesus is God, Creator of all things visible and invisible.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#163403 Feb 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, they know the mockers well. They have already noted. I am kept informed via PMs.
The silent majority of the international readers, is taking down notes. No worries.
Buford,
Are you reading Shamma's sham?
Mental Blockhead,

What I note is that you are as arrogantly presumptuous as anyone that I have ever encountered online, even more than JOEL, who at least had the benefit of his informative "visions." You ONLY have a preference, one that was no doubt drilled into your thick skull by your parents, because it is clear that independent thought is NOT your strong suit.
uhuh

Spain

#163404 Feb 13, 2013
Zayd ibn Thabit said,
"I was his neighbor" (Tirmizi), "I used to write down the revelations as they came down to the Prophet. He would dictate and I would write. When I had finished writing, he would say 'Read', so I would read it back to him. If there was an error, he corrected it." (al-Tabarani)

al-Bara ibn Azib said,
"There was once revealed a verse. The Prophet said,'Get Zayd here and have him bring al-lauh, al-dawat and al-katif'. When Zayd ibn Thabit came, the Prophet said 'Write'" (Bukhari)

Zayd ibn Thabit was also one of the scribes appointed by Uthman
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#163405 Feb 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Buford. I Am pleased.
You would be.
uhuh

Spain

#163406 Feb 13, 2013
i see here Quran can be easily traced back to the source (Muhammad)
compared with the unidentified authors of gospels,

Irenaeus narrated from > Papias who heard it from > the presbyteroi > who claimed to have met > the apostles who have met > Jesus

the unidentified/imaginary "presbyters" are the missing links
bmz

Singapore

#163407 Feb 13, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is God, Creator of all things visible and invisible.
No, he is not. That Jesus is God is Satanic and this lie was spread by Satan.

This denies your false belief:

"Jesus said to him,“Away from me, Satan! For it is written:‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]”

11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him."

If Jesus had told "Him" (Satan) that he was God or the son of God, then "He" (Satan) would not have left him.

So, please worship the LORD your God. And if you keep on worshipping Jesus, Satan will not leave you and the Church, as long as you do that.
bmz

Singapore

#163408 Feb 13, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The one true God is the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. He is the Creator of all things visible and invisible. Why do you skip Isaac? You cannot get to Jacob without Isaac! Isaac is the child of the promise.
Once you have Abraham, all are covered. You do not need the absurd Genealogies by Matthew and Luke, who did not know their own grandfathers' names.

Ok, I will make it easier on you. We believe in the LORD God Almighty of Noah and Abraham. This covers all.

Ishaq (Issac) has also a place in our heart. He is mentioned in Qur'aan.

God granting babies to old and barren ladies is more factual. You should call the ladies as the Women of Promise. God gave one to old Zacchy and his old barren wife. So, Zacchy and his wife were the Couple of Promise.

What went wrong with the "children of promise" of the so-called "child of the promise"?

Bye now.

Location hidden

#163409 Feb 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never boasted that way. I boast this way:
There is one and only one God almighty, the LORD, whom we call Allah in Arabic.
That God is one, is Christianity's boast and it is used to show the absurd "Oneness" of God.
You should actually boast this way for your Christian God: "God is oneness"
We have told you that we worship only Allah, the LORD Almighty God. Muslims consider Moses, Jesus and Muhammad as obedient SLAVES of Allah, the LORD Almighty God.
Muhammad is not God, ignorant fool! Who told you that? Must be the Christian evangelists, another bunch of clueless fools!
We do not have any Man God, Mother God or Father God or Ghost God. We do not believe in that stuff.
You say there is only One God, The Lord whom Muslims call Allah in Arabic.
That is not the problem between Christians and Muslims.
Everyone has a right to worship God in their own manner of ways.

The problem is that Muhammad took his god that he called Allah and formed a religious government, and became a dictator in claiming all nations of the earth are to be under the rule of Muhammad's god Allah, under his newly formed religious government.

The other problem is, while the Church corrected its error of being a religious government, and abandoned its political ambitions of wanting to rule the nations of the earth, Muslims wrongly continue to express Muhammad's government religion as being Gods ruler on earth.

The error of the Church's political ambition of the past was an abomination to God, and so it is Muhammad's Muslim followers are an abomination to God in today's world.

We Called to love one another
It was the scene of the last supper. As the Lord Jesus finished telling His disciples that He would soon return to his Father, He gave them a new command:“Love one another, as I have loved you,
so you must love one another.” Then He added,“By this all men will know that you are my disciples”(John 13:34-35).

Notice that the Lord does not give them “a new suggestion” or “a good idea.” It is a command, not an option. But what is new about it?
Earlier, the Israelites had been given a clear command from God to “love your neighbours”(Leviticus 19:18).

But the Lord’s command to His disciples involves a new standard: not “love your neighbours as yourself,” but “love as I have loved you.”

Just imagine. Our new model is the love of Christ Himself!
The Lord presents this quality of love as a test before “all men” as to whether or not we are all Gods Children.

Raping, robbing, and murdering one another in the name of God is an abomination in the eyes of God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Curtis Brown column: Trick-or-Treat not to ever... (Oct '10) Sep 19 T Marie 10
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sep 14 Pariah 4,886
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Sep 14 Bob of Quantum-Faith 843
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... Sep 13 Philbert 23
Anyone still at this forum Aug '16 Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug '16 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
More from around the web