Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 203,486

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163295 Feb 12, 2013
2 Peter 1:3-11

New International Version (NIV)

Confirming One’s Calling and Election

3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

10 Therefore, my brothers and sisters,[a] make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#163296 Feb 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.
10 Therefore, my brothers and sisters,[a] make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Wow! To participate in the divine nature! Does Mohammad's religion even come close to offering the same?

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#163297 Feb 12, 2013
Alex:
This Muslim Barnabas is older than all the Christian gospels proving early Christianity was much closer to today’s Islam than to today’s Christianity. Like the Qur’an, it is unitarian. Like the Qur’an, it suggests that Jesus was not actually crucified. And in anticipation of the Qur’an, it predicts the coming of the Prophet Muhammad.
In short...Bye-bye pagan Christianity and
Hello Islam and the true followers of Jesus.
Alex123 aka WM
London, UK
Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#163289 36 min ago
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
The Muslims them self are behind it Alex.
The Muslim followers of Muhammad is a political run establishment with an agenda to subdue and conquer the world for the glory of their hero Muhammad.
Like the VATICAn you mean?

end quote

Two peas in a pod, and indeed they are much closer than they are to judaism or budhism that also vigorated for a long time in those parts. As in between nowaday Turkey and India. As well as the fire-people.
(? uh, when we marry with gold bands that is a custom that comes from this now small group in Persia, as well as the handshake. They used to leave their dead on towers to be eaten clean by vultures, had a temple over fire in the pace were burning bushes and natural gass fires are normal and baptise in fire, at least the gesture is made to purify. Dualism. Ahriman, Avesta.(analysed that on FFI incuding the polemics islam wrote about those as well as the conquest and the origen of calling everybody dogs.)

They both have the most to loose given the way there theologies are conquest and empire-building directed.

Location hidden

#163298 Feb 12, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Again the martyr game. It is sheer nonsense,even if you try to reconstruct history, you find everybody else prosecuted and declared heretics but overallitwas an advantage to be a christian.
All sort of faiths were present in the first centuries under roman rule, only the church-fathers declared free-thinking, gnosticism , greek philosophy and judaism anathema, and they ordered the burning of libraries and killing of people.
---
You suffer if you do not follow the church.
If you stop the proselysing for a minute and think of the fact that not a generation ago you had better be part of a church or your job could be at stake and in America that is still the case.
Your case against the Christian Church is based on ignorance, and the teaching of the inspired word of God as presented to the Apostles through Gods Son Jesus Christ.

The world is no different today then it was back then.
The ignorance of people find away to commit evil deeds against humanity.

You are ignorant Maat, you are trying to find away to dis-credit the the moral teachings of God.

The teachings of moral law by the Christian Church come from the moral sayings God gave to Moses as to create a civil society among nations.

The evil done by many are by those that reject the moral teachings given to us by God.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#163299 Feb 12, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey HughBe!
Glad you are much better.
I know the kind of swelling you prefer and that is certainly not near your thumb area!
Take care!
Peace.
Thanks Alex for the sentiments expressed and indeed the swelling is certainly not near thumb area both in terms of location and AREA meaning length* breadth.

Have a blessed day.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#163300 Feb 12, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
This too
Jamaica - The Most Homophobic Place on Earth?
Time Magazine
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599...
Did you enjoy the video?

Why the need to inject BS?

It is my observation that the word Homophobic is a DISTORTION of the suffix PHOBIA.

Phobia is an IRRATIONAL fear. Check your shrink and he shall confirm its meaning. For example claustrophobia is an ABNORMAL or IRRATIONAL fear of being enclosed.

Applying it to this CRIMINAL use of the word Homophobia I would say that very very few if any Jamaicans have an IRRATIONAL fear of homosexuals.

The thing is the majority in all likelihood are in DISAGREEMENT with homosexual acts but there is no FEAR. Some DETEST same-sex intercourse BUT that is NOT FEAR.

Do you AGREE with pedophilia?

Do you DETEST pedophilia?

Location hidden

#163301 Feb 12, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
May i suggest that for you to even imagine that being a Muslim is being ignorant..then YOU ARE PIG IGNORANT.
I shall IGNORE your posts from NOW, UNLESS YOU APOLOGISE FOR YOUR STUPID REMARK.
False teachings of God.
Islam teaches that shari'a, as God’s revealed law, perfect and eternal, is binding on individuals, society and state in all its details. By logical extension, any criticism of shari'a is heresy. Muslims who deny the validity of shari'a in any way are labeled as non-Muslims (infidels) or apostates (those who convert to another religion) by traditionalists and Islamists. As such, they face the threat of being prosecuted for apostasy, a crime that carries the death penalty in shari'a.

The mandates of shari'a are extremely harsh compared to modern Western standards. They infringe on many modern principles of human rights, religious freedom, and equality of all before the law. For example:

Hudud punishments are the severe penalities prescribed by shari'a for offenses defined as being against God himself. The punishments for these crimes are seen as divinely ordained and cannot be changed by humans. These include 100 lashes or stoning to death as punishment for adultery; 80 lashes for false accusation of adultery; amputation of limbs for theft; 40 or 80 lashes for drinking alcohol; imprisonment, amputation or death (by crucifixion in serious cases) for highway robbery; and the death penalty for apostasy from Islam. Methods of execution for apostasy can include decapitation, crucifixion, burning, strangling, drowning, impaling, and flaying. Apostates are denied a decent burial after their deaths, and the Muslims who participate in killing them are promised an eternal reward in paradise.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#163302 Feb 12, 2013
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-51

Chapter 107 On Fasting

'And so the first thing that follows sorrow for sin is fasting. For he that sees that a certain food makes him sick, for that he fears death, after sorrowing that he has eaten it, forsaken it, so as not to make himself sick. So ought the sinner to do. Perceiving that pleasure has made him to sin against God his creator by following sense in these good things of the world, let him sorrow at having done so, because it deprives him of God, his life, and gives him the eternal death of hell. But because man while living has need to take these good things of the world, fasting is needful here.

So let him proceed to mortify sense and to know God for his lord. And when he sees the sense abhor fastings, let him put before it the condition of hell, where no pleasure at all but infinite sorrow is received; let him put before it the delights of paradise, that are so great that a grain of one of the delights of paradise is greater than all those of the world. For so will it easily be quieted; for that it is better to be content with little in order to receive much, than to be unbridled in little and be deprived of all and abide in torment…

Chapter 108 On Watching

…Then Jesus said: "Well have you answered, for truly I say to you that he who watches with the body and sleeps with the soul is frenzied. As the spiritual infirmity is more grievous than the corporeal, even so is it more difficult to cure. Wherefore, shall such a wretched one boast of not sleeping with the body, which is the foot of the life, while he perceives not his misery that he sleeps with the soul, which is the head of the life?

The sleep of the soul is forgetfulness of God and of his fearful judgment. The soul, then, that watches is that which in everything and in every place perceives God, and in everything and through everything and above everything gives thanks to his majesty, knowing that always at every moment it receives grace and mercy from God.

Wherefore in fear of his majesty there always resounds in its ear that angelic utterance "Creatures, come to judgment, for your Creator wills to judge you." For it abides habitually ever in the service of God.* Tell me, whether do you desire the more: to see by the light of a star or by the light of the sun?" Andrew answered: "By the light of the sun; for by the light of the star we cannot see the neighbouring mountains, and by the light of the sun we see the tiniest grain of sand. Wherefore we walk with fear by the light of the star, but by the light of the sun we go securely."…

(Abridged)
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#163303 Feb 12, 2013
bmz wrote:
Thanks for clarifying that, MUQ.

That kind of beautiful language cannot be found in the crude Greek language, unfit for any Scripture.

That is why one mostly sees "I and my" in the Christian Bible.

We see the word 'We' ONLY once in John 21:24 "This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true."

I have not yet seen the word "We' anywhere else in the gospels.

Salaams
BMZ
Ans.

Thank you brother for your clarifications and comments.

I wish that they publish Greek or Hebrew Original alongside the English Translations, so people could check this translation "Misdeeds"

Salaam

MUQ
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#163304 Feb 12, 2013
alex wrote:
I would even say "NATURALLY Christianity has become a Western religion because it was marketed to those in the West, by people from the West, who happened to be subjugating the people in the Middle East at that time!

The main reason why they dragged in the Jewish books was to give legitimacy to the divinity claim of their Gentile Pagan god, by confusing naive pagans, using as smoke screen an established religion like Judaism that had a history, credibility and authority.
Ans.

You are bright brother.

The West has still not finished their business of subjugating east.

The fight is still on.

Salaam

MUQ

Location hidden

#163305 Feb 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
You are bright brother.
The fight is still on.
Salaam
MUQ
Dr. Scott Hahn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch ...

Location hidden

#163306 Feb 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
You are bright brother.
The fight is still on.
Salaam
MUQ
Muslims False teachings of God:
Islam teaches that shari'a, as God’s revealed law, perfect and eternal, is binding on individuals, society and state in all its details. By logical extension, any criticism of shari'a is heresy. Muslims who deny the validity of shari'a in any way are labeled as non-Muslims (infidels) or apostates (those who convert to another religion) by traditionalists and Islamists. As such, they face the threat of being prosecuted for apostasy, a crime that carries the death penalty in shari'a.

The mandates of shari'a are extremely harsh compared to modern Western standards. They infringe on many modern principles of human rights, religious freedom, and equality of all before the law. For example:

Hudud punishments are the severe penalities prescribed by shari'a for offenses defined as being against God himself. The punishments for these crimes are seen as divinely ordained and cannot be changed by humans. These include 100 lashes or stoning to death as punishment for adultery; 80 lashes for false accusation of adultery; amputation of limbs for theft; 40 or 80 lashes for drinking alcohol; imprisonment, amputation or death (by crucifixion in serious cases) for highway robbery; and the death penalty for apostasy from Islam. Methods of execution for apostasy can include decapitation, crucifixion, burning, strangling, drowning, impaling, and flaying. Apostates are denied a decent burial after their deaths, and the Muslims who participate in killing them are promised an eternal reward in paradise.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#163307 Feb 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I said!
God Himself Said it.
Your thinking is based on the pagan beliefs of Muhammad.
I had written:

God is holy.

You cannot say that God has a holy spirit.

When your own Jesus said that God is spirit, why do you need to give God something so absurd as the so-called Holy Spirit?

And look at your silly reply. Where does God say, "I have a Holy Spirit"?

God always declared through the messengers: "I am the LORD". By the way this not the Christian "Lord".

Always remember to write LORD for God Almighty. You can call Jesus 'Lord', which I Am to my car drivers in the ME.

If you write "Lord" for God Almighty, then make "lord", so that we can differentiate.

Anyway, the Holy Ghost or the Holy Spirit of Christianity does not exist. If it had existed, then Christianity would not have taken centuries of fraud, forgery and misinformation to evolve to what it is now.

bmz

Singapore

#163308 Feb 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>They don't mean much to you because you follow the pagan beliefs of Muhammad.
Jesus fulfilled all the prophecies.
Saying that Jesus fulfilled all the prophecies, is not enough.

This is what I wrote and asked two important questions, which no cognizant polemic Christian has ever answered. Answer if you can:

What did Jesus prophesy? List up the prophesies by Jesus.

Tell me if Jesus prophesied about Paul to his disciples?

Paul fills up almost half of your New Testament. Jesus did not mention a word about Paul?

bmz

Singapore

#163309 Feb 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Now you are making up stories.
I WROTE:

Respond to what I wrote:

"I quoted the incident from your New Testament. That is why I asked if you would lean into my naked chest like the young boy did on Jesus. That should be normal for you. Right?

On one occasion, Martha whispered into her little sister's ears that Jesus wanted to meet her outside the village. Can you imagine why?

Now, tell me why did Jesus want to meet a young girl outside the village?"

Am I making stories? You have just confirmed that you are blissfully ignorant of your own New Testament.

Read and check out, where and when Martha whispered into her sister's ears! Do you need a hint?

bmz

Singapore

#163310 Feb 12, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: using your perverted mind, to blastpheme G-D and TheOUR SON Adam. is still you, blastphemy against G-D and Adam? Adam is TheOnly Complete Man, in TheTorah. because Adam is Both HE and She, in TheOUR IMAGE, and Likeness to G-D. no matter how many of you, give away your unholiness to someone else, and still have it. spreading around the bs, does not make the crap for brains go away.
Relax, Rabbee

Jesus is not your theAdam in your the Torah.

Martha whispering into her sister's ears that Jesus wanted to meet her outside the village is in the gospel. I did not make it up.

When she left, theJews also followed her just to check it out.

bmz

Singapore

#163311 Feb 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>You have no idea what paul is saying Maat.
This what Paul is teaching, learn it:
Suffering comes from simply following Jesus.
I don’t think you need to do anything to suffer with Him, the suffering will simply follow as a result of you following Jesus. You don’t have to seek it out, it will find you.
Our part is to not run from it, but to learn from it.
(Luke 9:23-24 NKJV) Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.{24} "For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it.
I don’t think you have to go out and look for suffering. I think that if you are honestly following Jesus with a whole heart, you will encounter plenty of difficulties.
Jesus is looking for people who will follow Him, even when it causes tough times in their own lives.
Some people get the mistaken idea that a Christian is not supposed to experience pain. I’m afraid that just the opposite is true.
(Phil 1:29 NKJV) For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,
Paul considered that part of knowing Jesus was being a part of suffering:
(Phil 3:10 NKJV) that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death,
:17 that we may also be glorified together.
glorified together – sundoxazo – to glorify together
There were three words in this verse that used the Greek preposition “sun”(“with”) in them:
“joint heirs”
“suffer with”
“glorified together”
When you are “with” Jesus, things happen in your life.
You become an heir-with Jesus, an heir of God because of your relationship with Jesus.
You will suffer with Jesus.
You will also be glorified with Jesus.
:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Oh, my God!

That is really all bullshit. That is why we call Paul, the self-loathing sinner and liar. How can you believe in his crap and lies, when Jesus is on record for saying this?

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” "

This verse demolishes and bursts all the crap from Paul.

Please read and study the gospels yourself. And truth will set you free. Paul never set any one free.

bmz

Singapore

#163312 Feb 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
If Jesus had divine power, it would not have left him, when a poor woman touched him. Do you remember reading that?

On his own Jesus could do nothing! Nada! Zilsch! He is on record for saying that.

"His divine power'" is nonsense and absurd!

Why don't you take Moses as God also. And why not make Moses' staff also a God?

bmz

Singapore

#163313 Feb 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
Apostates are denied a decent burial after their deaths.
In this particular case, a man, who wholly trusted in Jesus, was given an extra-decent treatment:

" "Trust wholly in Christ; rely captionogether on his sufferings; beware of seeking to be justified in any other way than by his righteousness."

John Wycliffe left quite an impression on the church: 43 years after his death, officials dug up his body, burned his remains, and threw the ashes into the river Swift. Still, they couldn't get rid of him. Wycliffe's teachings, though suppressed, continued to spread. As a later chronicler observed, "Thus the brook hath conveyed his ashes into Avon; Avon into Severn; Severn into the narrow seas; and they into the main ocean. And thus the ashes of Wycliffe are the emblem of his doctrine which now is dispersed the world over."

One more 'apostate':

"On 27 October 1553 Servetus was burned at the stake just outside Geneva with what was believed to be the last copy of his book chained to his leg. Historians record his last words as: "Jesus, Son of the Eternal God, have mercy on me." "

If you need more, tell me and I will fill the broadband width for you.

Christianity has civilized only in the modern times, after WWII and thank God, it has been tamed and contained.

bmz

Singapore

#163314 Feb 12, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Muslims False teachings of God:
Please read Jesus' father's book or your God Jesus' book that remains pasted on top of your New
Testament. Read the Sharia and Hudud Laws given by Jesus' father or your God Jesus in his past life. LMAO!

Western standards are not moral. A murderer, who kills, destroys the family of the victim and prevents future generations to come, is given only life sentence. The killer in Norway is free to live
and will be sent to live among you after a decade or two.

A rapist, is given a short sentence. One free, he rapes more. What morality do you see in Western laws, Drama Queen?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Oct 10 Liam R 3
Wiccan Arrested on Child Rape Charges (Apr '10) Oct 9 Lee County NC 46
I...(gulp) am a Pagan Agnostic Taoist Sep 28 Ol Fuddy Duddy 2
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... Sep '14 thetruth 21
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep '14 Kathwynn 14
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep '14 Kathwynn 503
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug '14 Only1Likeme212 347

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE