Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,654)

Showing posts 153,061 - 153,080 of198,678
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-50, God His Attributes

…Then Jesus said:'As God lives, in whose presence my soul stands, the universe before God is small as a grain of sand, and God is as many times greater [than it] as it would take grains of sand to fill all the heavens and paradise, and more. Now consider you if God has any proportion with man, who is a little piece of clay that stands upon the earth. Beware, then, that you take the sense and not the bare words, if you wish to have eternal life.' The disciples answered:'God alone can know himself, and truly it is as said Isaiah the prophet: "He is hidden from human senses."

Jesus answered:'So is it true; wherefore, when we are in paradise we shall know God, as here one knows the sea from a drop of salt water. Returning to my discourse, I tell you that for sin alone one ought to weep, because by sinning man forsakes his Creator. But how shall he weep who attends at reveling and feasts? He will weep even as ice will give fire! You needs must turn reveling into fasts if you will have lordship over your senses, because even so has our God lordship.…

Chapter 106 On Life and death

When he had finished the prayer of dawn, Jesus sat down under a palm tree, and thither his disciples drew near to him. Then Jesus said:'As God lives, in whose presence stands my soul, many are deceived concerning our life. For so closely are the soul and the sense joined together, that the more part of men affirm the soul and the sense to be one and the same thing, dividing it by operation and not by essence, calling it the sensitive, vegetative, and intellectual soul.

But truly I say to you, the soul is one, which thinks and lives. O foolish ones, where will they find the intellectual soul without life? Assuredly, never. But life without senses will readily be found, as is seen in the unconscious when the sense leaves him.'

Thaddaeus answered: "O master, when the sense leaves the life, a man does not have life."

Jesus answered: "This is not true, because man is deprived of life when the soul departs; because the soul returns not any more to the body, save by miracle. But sense departs by reason of fear that it receives, or by reason of great sorrow that the soul has. For the sense has God created for pleasure, and by that alone it lives, even as the body lives by food and the soul lives by knowledge and love.

This sense is now rebellious against the soul, through indignation that it has at being deprived of the pleasure of paradise through sin. Wherefore there is the greatest need to nourish it with spiritual pleasure for him who wills not that it should live of carnal pleasure. Understand you?..

Note: Search existing Gospels to find such teachings- MUQ

(Abridged)
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ignorant Alex!
Jesus Himself stated:
John 8:24
New International Version (©1984)
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am [the one I claim to be], you will indeed die in your sins."
Jesus claimed that he is the Son of God.
John 9:35-38
New International Version (NIV)
35 Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and when he found him, he said,“Do you believe in the Son of Man?”
36 “Who is he, sir?” the man asked.“Tell me so that I may believe in him.”
37 Jesus said,“You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking with you.”
38 Then the man said,“Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.
You are filled with spiritual blindness Alex.
About the "I am he":

The above just tells us that Jesus convinced the man that he was the 'son of man' or the man, who had helped him. That is all there is to it in above passage.

Everyone was a 'son of man' back then. The term simply meant man.

Jesus had not said to him, "I am God".
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ignorant Alex!
Jesus Himself stated:
John 8:24
New International Version (©1984)
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am [the one I claim to be], you will indeed die in your sins."
Jesus claimed that he is the Son of God.
John 9:35-38
On the "I am he" series of claims:

" 25 “Who are you?” they asked.

“Just what I have been telling you from the beginning,” Jesus replied. 26 “I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is trustworthy, and what I have heard from him I tell the world.”

27 They did not understand that he was telling them about his Father. 28 So Jesus said,“When you have lifted up[a] the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. 29 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.” 30 Even as he spoke, many believed in him."

The question in above: "“Who are you?”

The answer:“Just what I have been telling you from the beginning,” Jesus replied."

Now, please show us where and when did Jesus tell the Jews who he was, besides just telling them "I am he"?

I am he what?

The good thing in the above passage is that he confirmed that he was not HE, the God Almighty or the Father.

What about that "I am he", which he told the Samaritan woman at the well?

That is the only place far off from Jerusalem, where he hinted that he was the messiah by saying "I am he".

The problem was that he never told them openly that he was the messiah they were waiting for. And that was his mistake.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible was written in hebrew and greek.Then I would suggest that go and learn hebrew and greek.If you dont know the word meaning.
Thanks for the note.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
About the "I am he":
The above just tells us that Jesus convinced the man that he was the 'son of man' or the man, who had helped him. That is all there is to it in above passage.
Everyone was a 'son of man' back then. The term simply meant man.
Jesus had not said to him, "I am God".
Your concept of God is based on a saying "God is One".
And it ends there.

All the attributes to God in Islam are from the pluralistic view of God in the Holy Bible.

Just as the Jews cannot explain God in the Jewish Scriptures, Muslims cannot explain God in the Quran.
Yet both the Jews and Muslims speak of God as having a human character, the same as Christians.
(Those characteristics that belong to God and God alone)
(1) Independent (self-existent): Psalm 115:3, John 5:26; Romans 11:35-36
(2) Infinite: Psalm 90:1-2, Psalm 33:11; 93:2; 145:13; Hebrews 1:8-12;
(3) Eternal: Genesis 21:33; Nehemiah 9:5-6; John 8:58; Revelation 1:8
(4) Incomprehensible (beyond human understanding): Job 36:26; Isaiah 40:18-26; Matthew 11:27;
Romans 11:33-34
(5) Supreme (pre-eminent): Colossians 1:15-19; Exodus 15:1, 11, 18; Revelation 19:11-16
(6) Sovereign: Isaiah 46:10; Psalm 135:6; Daniel 4:35; Ephesians 1:11
(7) Transcendent (above and beyond man): Job 37:23; Exodus 33:20-23; Psalm 104:1-4; Isaiah
40:21-26; 1 Timothy 6:15-16
(8) The One and Only God: 1 Corinthians 8:6; Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 45:21-22; 1 Timothy 2:5
(9) Majestic: Exodus 15:6, 7, 11; Job 37:22; Psalm 8:1, 9; Jude 25
(10) Present everywhere: Jeremiah 23:23-24; 2 Chronicles: 2:6; Psalm 139:7-16; Acts 17:27-28
(11) All-knowing: 1 Kings 8:39; Psalm 139:1-6; Proverbs 3:19-20; 1 Corinthians 2:10
(12) All-powerful: Genesis 18:14, 1 Samuel 2:6-7; Psalm 18:13-15; Revelation 19:6
(13) Unchanging: Psalm 102:27; Malachi 3:6; James 1:17; Hebrews 13:8
(Those characteristics that God shares with man to some extent)
(1) Holiness: Psalm 77:13; Isaiah 6:3, 57:15; 1 Peter 1:15-16; Revelation 4:8
(2) Wisdom: Isaiah 28:29; Jeremiah 10:12; 1 Corinthians 1:30; Colossians 2:2-3
(3) Truthfulness: John 3:33; Numbers 23:19; Isaiah 45:19; John 14:6
(4) Love: Psalm 33:5, 18, 22; Exodus 15:13; Psalm 13:5-6, 89:2; Romans 8:38-39; Ephesians
3:17-19
(5) Goodness: 2 Chronicles 7:3; Genesis 1:31; Psalm 119:68, 145:9; Mark 10:18
(6) Faithfulness: Deuteronomy 7:9; Psalm 33:4, 100:5; 1 Corinthians 1:9; 1 Thessalonians 5:24
(7) Mercy: 2 Samuel 24:14; Nehemiah 9:31; Daniel 9:9; Luke 1:50-54
(8) Kindness: 2 Samuel 22:51; Isaiah 54:8; Jeremiah 9:24; Romans 11:22
(9) Patience (longsuffering): 1 Timothy 1:16; Nehemiah 9:30; Romans 3:25; 2 Peter 3:15
(10) Justice: Deuteronomy 32:4; Job 37:23; Psalm 99:4; Luke 18:7-8
(11) Righteousness: Isaiah 51:6; Psalm 89:14; Jeremiah 23:5-6; 1 Corinthians 1:30
(12) Wrath: Psalm 7:11; Deuteronomy 29:28; Isaiah 13:13; Romans 1:18, 5:9, 9:22; Revelation
19:1
(13) Jealousy: Exodus 34:14; Deuteronomy 4:24; Nahum 1:2; Zechariah 8:2; 2 Corinthians
11:2
(14) Grace: Nehemiah 9:17; Exodus 34:6-7; Isaiah 26:10; 2 Timothy 1:9; Titus 3:5-7

Man consist of
these 3 things.
body-soul-spirit.
Yet man is one person.

The Bible teaches Christians
God is One Spirit
Yet God expresses that He
is:
Father,Son, and Holy Spirit.
Through out all of Scripture God acts out his relation with man in that manner.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

watch. It is about Jamaican accent and lifestyle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I had to cut your post short yo get in my reply.
There are key verses that expose the true meaning of the text.
The parents believed Jesus was the Messiah.
38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
That the 'parents' believed he was the messiah, is incorrect. Even his so-called brothers did not believe him and told him to go and show miracles elsewhere.

Please read other translations to educate yourself and listen to Seriously's advice.

Some great tips for you:

YLT: John 9:38 and he said,`I believe, sir,' and bowed before him.“

GNT: "38 “I believe, Lord!” the man said, and knelt down before Jesus. "

GWT: " 38 The man bowed in front of Jesus and said,“I believe, Lord.”

Douay Rheimes: "38 And he said: I believe, Lord. And falling down, he adored him."

Darby: " 38 And he said, I believe, Lord: and he did him homage."

We do not see the disciples or anyone worshipping Jesus as one worships God and prays to God. We only see Jesus praying to God but we do not see the disciples praying to God and also, we do not see them praying to Jesus.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

MAAT wrote:
The KJV is not reliable.
By now they have a New KJV out.
Prince james put his stamp on the KJV.
It's just about the worst choice.
I agree with your assessment.

I am now into Wycliffe:

" CAP 1

1 In the bigynnyng was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word.

2 This was in the bigynnyng at God.

3 Alle thingis weren maad bi hym, and withouten hym was maad no thing, that thing that was maad.

4 In hym was lijf, and the lijf was the liyt of men; and the liyt schyneth in derknessis,
5 and derknessis comprehendiden not it."

Wycliffe shows it was truly all about God. No "the Word" in Wycliffe's 14th Century English translation.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
In many Shamma's posts I see Skeptic's expressions.
Yes, I am also beginning to think so.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
On the "I am he" series of claims:
" 25 “Who are you?” they asked.
“Just what I have been telling you from the beginning,” Jesus replied. 26 “I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is trustworthy, and what I have heard from him I tell the world.”
27 They did not understand that he was telling them about his Father. 28 So Jesus said,“When you have lifted up[a] the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. 29 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.” 30 Even as he spoke, many believed in him."
The question in above: "“Who are you?”
The answer:“Just what I have been telling you from the beginning,” Jesus replied."
Now, please show us where and when did Jesus tell the Jews who he was, besides just telling them "I am he"?
I am he what?
The good thing in the above passage is that he confirmed that he was not HE, the God Almighty or the Father.
What about that "I am he", which he told the Samaritan woman at the well?
That is the only place far off from Jerusalem, where he hinted that he was the messiah by saying "I am he".
The problem was that he never told them openly that he was the messiah they were waiting for. And that was his mistake.
Jesus is the God-Man:
Both fully God and Fully Man.

Since you cannot see Jesus as the God Man, you cannot see Jesus as God at all in Scripture.

Yet Gods truth is right there in front of your eyes in the Scriptures.

Jesus is the most important person who has ever lived since he is the savior, God in human flesh. He is not half God and half man. He is fully divine and fully man. In other words, Jesus has two distinct natures: divine and human. Jesus is the Word who was God and was with God and was made flesh,(John 1:1,14). This means that in the single person of Jesus is both a human and divine nature, God and man. The divine nature was not changed when the Word became flesh (John 1:1,14). Instead, the Word was joined with humanity (Col. 2:9). Jesus' divine nature was not altered. Also, Jesus is not merely a man who "had God within Him" nor is he a man who "manifested the God principle." He is God in flesh, second person of the Trinity. "The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word," (Heb. 1:3). Jesus' two natures are not "mixed together," (Eutychianism) nor are they combined into a new God-man nature (Monophysitism). They are separate yet act as a unit in the one person of Jesus. This is called the Hypostatic Union.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings, BMZ.
The pain is gone. The swelling is almost gone and there is literally a BLACK ring around the thumbnail.
Thanks for the expression of goodwill.
Glad to hear that, HughBe. You are welcome.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Your concept of God is based on a saying "God is One".
And it ends there.

All the attributes to God in Islam are from the pluralistic view of God in the Holy Bible.

Just as the Jews cannot explain God in the Jewish Scriptures, Muslims cannot explain God in the Quran.

Yet both the Jews and Muslims speak of God as having a human character, the same as Christians.
You have got it all wrong!!!

Our concept is based on:

There is only one LORD God Almighty, whom we call Allah in Arabic.

"God is one", has simply been deliberately chosen by Christianity to show a bunch of three Gods.

That one is used to show "oneness of God", which is another absurdity. The Church coined many words and oneness is the most absurd among them.

The Jews and the Muslims do not attribute a human character to God. Christians do that. So, please correct yourself.

There is no pluralistic view of God in Islam. Qur'aan condemns and refutes TRINITY openly, so how can we have pluralistic view?

It is a well-known fact that Christians cannot and can never explain their "plural" Triune God.

Will you go to a store an ask for "Oneness apple" or ask for "one apple"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That the 'parents' believed he was the messiah, is incorrect. Even his so-called brothers did not believe him and told him to go and show miracles elsewhere.
Please read other translations to educate yourself and listen to Seriously's advice.
Some great tips for you:
YLT: John 9:38 and he said,`I believe, sir,' and bowed before him.“
GNT: "38 “I believe, Lord!” the man said, and knelt down before Jesus. "
GWT: " 38 The man bowed in front of Jesus and said,“I believe, Lord.”
Douay Rheimes: "38 And he said: I believe, Lord. And falling down, he adored him."
Darby: " 38 And he said, I believe, Lord: and he did him homage."
We do not see the disciples or anyone worshipping Jesus as one worships God and prays to God. We only see Jesus praying to God but we do not see the disciples praying to God and also, we do not see them praying to Jesus.
adored past participle, past tense of a·dore (Verb)

Verb
1.Love and respect (someone) deeply.
2.Worship; venerate.

You are a parrot.
You repeat scripture without understanding it.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is the God-Man:
Both fully God and Fully Man.
Since you cannot see Jesus as the God Man, you cannot see Jesus as God at all in Scripture.
Yet Gods truth is right there in front of your eyes in the Scriptures.
Jesus is the most important person who has ever lived since he is the savior, God in human flesh. He is not half God and half man. He is fully divine and fully man. In other words, Jesus has two distinct natures: divine and human. Jesus is the Word who was God and was with God and was made flesh,(John 1:1,14). This means that in the single person of Jesus is both a human and divine nature, God and man. The divine nature was not changed when the Word became flesh (John 1:1,14). Instead, the Word was joined with humanity (Col. 2:9). Jesus' divine nature was not altered. Also, Jesus is not merely a man who "had God within Him" nor is he a man who "manifested the God principle." He is God in flesh, second person of the Trinity. "The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word," (Heb. 1:3). Jesus' two natures are not "mixed together," (Eutychianism) nor are they combined into a new God-man nature (Monophysitism). They are separate yet act as a unit in the one person of Jesus. This is called the Hypostatic Union.
That is all absurd and nonsense.

There is no such thing as Fully God and Fully man.

There were and there still are many godly men and many godly women, who were devoted and devout to God. Jesus was one of them. Another term used was 'men of God'.

The Church fathers distorted and twisted that to God man and man God.

See, I have been saying that the Church coined new words to explain her own confusion. You have used most of them in your post.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
adored past participle, past tense of a·dore (Verb)
Verb
1.Love and respect (someone) deeply.
2.Worship; venerate.
You are a parrot.
You repeat scripture without understanding it.
Can I have "oneness" example, where Jesus said, "I am fully God and fully man."?

Just give me oneness statement from him!(By oneness, I mean the 'one' of Christianity.)

How horrible would it have been, if you guys had come up with threeness instead of three?

That would have been a disaster. Right?

Do you have oneness parrot at home? I mean, "Do you have one parrot at home"?
uhuh

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
Pope Gregory VI (1045-46) was deposed by Henry III for SIMONY selling church pardons and offices)
interesting
these "indulgences" can write off temporal punishment due to venial sins
different pricing for partial, full, 40-days, 120-days or 1-year indulgence
20% discount if you order on the internet
uhuh

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

confession and absolution only remove the guilt of sin
the sinner is forgiven but temporal punishment still awaits him, either in this world or in purgatory

Moses sinned by hitting The Rock (Jesus) instead of just speaking to it/him; he was then forgiven but still denied entry into the promised land
David sinned by committing adultery; he was then forgiven but YHWH still struck his baby dead (2Sam 12:15)

without self-flagellattion, repentance is very hard to get in christianity
uhuh

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

to remit/cancel temporal punishment,

a) he may himself do "penance" (sounds nasty), also called "satisfaction" (to satisfy the vindictive God)
or,
b) he may ask the Catholic church to grant him indulgence, taken from the "bank" of accumulated sufferings of Christ and the saints
yep their sufferings can write off temporal punishment, and only Pope holds the KEY to this bank

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is all absurd and nonsense.
There is no such thing as Fully God and Fully man.
There were and there still are many godly men and many godly women, who were devoted and devout to God. Jesus was one of them. Another term used was 'men of God'.
The Church fathers distorted and twisted that to God man and man God.
See, I have been saying that the Church coined new words to explain her own confusion. You have used most of them in your post.
Like I said You are incapable of knowing God.
John

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Tone!
There are no full manuscripts of John not even of the other gospels till well in the 4th century.
We are not saying that to play with your mind but to make it clear that their is a difference between the real date of a manuscript and when for instance BAR (organisation for historicbible research, a leading authority)enthousiastically reports that the idea for the 7th c. CE text, found in 1956, might have very well been conceived in 80 CE.
All the papyri Orynchus f.i. come from the 3rd century.
The actual dating process leaves noroom for speculation.
Some reputable universities and musea will never send a text out for dating but rely entirely on the way the text compares to other texts, that since they do no actual C14 dating are thought to have also come from the same time. So it's circular reasoning and perpetuated mistake.
And then we also have all the forgeries. Really good ones at that.
Like the bonebox with jesus name on it f.i..
Finkelstein stated that all objects and texts that have not come from a reliable dig, straight from the earth with actual archeologists so to say, and that do not have progeny that can stand scrutiny, of the last 25 years are to be seen as forgeries.
People are so desperate to proof the bible right that they pay huge sums of money for such object.
In the meantime believers have not kept up with the news and we end up indefinitely correcting those reports.
Seriously, do you wogs understand anything you read??????
It's like talking to animals.
"Well in the 4th century" IS the mid 300s just like I said you stupid muztard.
There are fragments that go back to the 1st century.
Face it idiot, the Gospel of John was most probably written by John the Apostle just as has always been maintained by the church.
Not that it makes any difference.
You either believe it or you don't.
Christianity is a good religion.
Islam on the other hand is the creation of mad mo the butchering raping paedophile and is a force for evil.
Islam is a bad religion.
This is self evident.
How anybody could push this shit without shame is almost beyond belief.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 153,061 - 153,080 of198,678
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••