Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
152,981 - 153,000 of 201,253 Comments Last updated 38 min ago
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163010 Feb 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Do they get fountain pens too?
lol... that dispenses living water...
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163011 Feb 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who believe in Jesus shall have eternal life. When you are baptized you become a new creation in Christ, you are born again of the water and the Spirit, you become partakers in the life of God through grace, you become adopted children of God, and heirs to the Kingdom of Heaven.
You who blaspheme against the Holy Spirit shall be cast into the lake of fire, the second death!
This is VERY interesting!

I used to sell this idea but NEVER charged for it

BUT..your God's Pope GREGORY VI (1045-46) filled with holy Spirit was DEPOSED by Henry III FOR SIMONY (SELLING CHURCH PARDONS AND OFFICES)!!

You Holy Church had Pagan leaning thanks to Holy Ghost filled Pope Marcellinus (296-304) who abdicated or was deposed after complying with Roman Emperor Diocletian's order to OFFER SACRIFICE to PAGAN GODS!!!! Did the Satanic H/Ghost give him the "right" advice?!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163012 Feb 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Those who believe in Jesus shall have eternal life. When you are baptized you become a new creation in Christ, you are born again of the water and the Spirit, you become partakers in the life of God through grace, you become adopted children of God, and heirs to the Kingdom of Heaven.
You who blaspheme against the Holy Spirit shall be cast into the lake of fire, the second death!
You are making some weird claims Paul WV.
I asked for PROOF but you are unable to provide ANY besides talking about BVM who gave birth to Jesus.
She should have a special place as the woman who obeyed GOD and carried the Child.

I asked you to explain PRECISELY how YOU expected to have eternal life by believing in BJ's "sacrifice" while us "sinners" who don't beli eve in YOUR Church and in BJ's "sacrifice" would "die"!

Surely Paul what you say here is based on BLIND FAITH without an ounce of Proof!

1a. You say:
- Those who believe in Jesus shall have eternal life.

1b. I say:
- There are many who are suppposed to believe in your Jesus including many Popes but there is NO proof whatsoever that they have eternal life!
THIS IS BLIND FAITH.

2a. You say:
-When you are baptized you become a new creation in Christ, you are born again of the water and the Spirit, you become partakers in the life of God through grace, you become adopted children of God, and heirs to the Kingdom of Heaven.

2b. I say:

- "a new creation in Christ"? What happens? This is again BLIND FAITH.

- "born again"? What on earth is that supposed to mean. Any person can claim this!! There is NO proof yet again!

- "Heirs to the Kingdom of Heaven"?
Not a single person can vouch for this!!
This is BLIND FAITH with NO proof whatsoever.

3a. You say:
-You who blaspheme against the Holy Spirit shall be cast into the lake of fire, the second death!

3b. I say:
- You who blaspheme against GOD shall be cast into that lake of fire.
You HAVE to be ALIVE in that fire to feel ALL the PAIN for lying about God and for worshipping NAKED PAGAN SATAN WHO IS BLEEDING FROM A POLE BEGGING YOU TO EAT HIS FLESH AND DRINK HIS FRESH BLOOD.

YOU ARE THE BLASPHEMER FOR WORSHIPPING A MAN AS YOUR GOD.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#163014 Feb 11, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is VERY interesting!
I used to sell this idea but NEVER charged for it
BUT..your God's Pope GREGORY VI (1045-46) filled with holy Spirit was DEPOSED by Henry III FOR SIMONY (SELLING CHURCH PARDONS AND OFFICES)!!
You Holy Church had Pagan leaning thanks to Holy Ghost filled Pope Marcellinus (296-304) who abdicated or was deposed after complying with Roman Emperor Diocletian's order to OFFER SACRIFICE to PAGAN GODS!!!! Did the Satanic H/Ghost give him the "right" advice?!
You are ignorant Alex!
The Holy Catholic Church was Founded by the truth of God here on earth by Gods Son Jesus Christ, is attacked every day and every hour by Satan, and Satan's helpers, including Muslims who reject Gods Son Jesus Christ.
Peter an Apostle of Jesus was given the keys to the Church of God by Gods Son Jesus Christ.

International Standard Version (©2012)
"I tell you that you are Peter, and it is on this rock that I will build my congregation, and the powers of hell will not conquer it".

So your attacking the Catholic Church in trying to discredit the truth of God is nothing new Alex.

God Himself is the protector of the Holy Catholic Church.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163015 Feb 11, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked for PROOF but you are unable to provide ANY besides talking about BVM who gave birth to Jesus.
She should have a special place as the woman who obeyed GOD and carried the Child.
I asked you to explain PRECISELY how YOU expected to have eternal life by believing in BJ's "sacrifice" while us "sinners" who don't beli eve in YOUR Church and in BJ's "sacrifice" would "die"!
Surely Paul what you say here is based on BLIND FAITH without an ounce of Proof!
1a. You say:
1b. I say:
- There are many who are suppposed to believe in your Jesus including many Popes but there is NO proof whatsoever that they have eternal life!
THIS IS BLIND FAITH.
2a. You say:
-When you are baptized you become a new creation in Christ, you are born again of the water and the Spirit, you become partakers in the life of God through grace, you become adopted children of God, and heirs to the Kingdom of Heaven.
2b. I say:
- "born again"? What on earth is that supposed to mean. Any person can claim this!! There is NO proof yet again!
3a. You say:
-You who blaspheme against the Holy Spirit shall be cast into the lake of fire, the second death!
3b. I say:
You HAVE to be ALIVE in that fire to feel ALL the PAIN for lying about God and for worshipping NAKED PAGAN SATAN WHO IS BLEEDING FROM A POLE BEGGING YOU TO EAT HIS FLESH AND DRINK HIS FRESH BLOOD.
Let's see, you are a slave to an uneducated 7th century war lord and you are lecturing me on "BLIND FAITH with NO proof watsoever." One thing is for sure and that is you are self deluded along with all muslim leaders.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#163016 Feb 11, 2013
wuzluz wrote:
Hi you people I have a Question for anyone who can answer it?
How do you delete a comment if its a error posting?
Thanks people
You don't on this board.
though if it's really bad you could ask the moderator.
top of the post

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#163017 Feb 11, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Pope knows FOR SURE he goes back "home" to reside with his Lord after his "death" why does he go around in BULLET PROOF Popemobiles??? Surely he ought to make sure he goes as soon as possbile to sit on the right hand side of the right hand?
(I thought Popes conquered death & grabbed eternal life by accepting BJ's willing & "unconditional" sacrifice!)...
Emulating the suffering jesus, so heaven stays intact.
Binding and loosening and all that.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163018 Feb 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ignorant Alex!
The Holy Catholic Church was Founded by the truth of God here on earth by Gods Son Jesus Christ, is attacked every day and every hour by Satan, and Satan's helpers, including Muslims who reject Gods Son Jesus Christ.
Peter an Apostle of Jesus was given the keys to the Church of God by Gods Son Jesus Christ.
International Standard Version (©2012)
"I tell you that you are Peter, and it is on this rock that I will build my congregation, and the powers of hell will not conquer it".
So your attacking the Catholic Church in trying to discredit the truth of God is nothing new Alex.
God Himself is the protector of the Holy Catholic Church.
Delusion multiplies Skeptic Shamma Stones.
You are not doing anything to dispel my "ignorance" by proving to me that you are deluding yourself WITHOUT A SHRED of EVIDENCE!

1a. You say...

1b. I say...
Your "church" was probably founded by the lies of Satan here on earth who invented a son for god for pagans to worship. When the lies are challenged by seekers of truth you call them liars!
God by definition cannot turn up as a peeing pooing human subjecting self to the laws of universe! When god is controlled by the elements "he" ceases to be god!

2a. You say...

2b. I say...
Rubbish! No such keys were given. No proof whatsoever. Jesus was just a teacher struggling to convince the majority of Jews that he was their Messiah. They rejected him and got rid of him!
Jesus on earth could not even save himself. Peter abandoned him and ran away lying many times!
Do you want a liar and a coward for Pope? Oh well. I suppose you have had many of them as Popes!

Peter and Rome is a good story!!
The REAL Peter the PAGAN in Rome is....

The statue of "Peter enthroned" with SUN WHEEL above his head is most certainly a PAGAN statue of JUPITER, that was removed from the Pantheon in Rome (a PAGAN temple), and moved into St. Peter's AND renamed Peter!!!

Do you know that his extended right foot has been nearly worn away from the many pilgrims who KISS it???

Even the pattern on the wall behind the statue utilises the symbol of Baal / Shamash!!!

This is what YOUR Catholic Encyclopaedia online says about Portraits of the Apostles:

The famous bronze statue of St. Peter in the basilica of this Apostle in Rome is by some regarded as a work of the fifth or sixth century, by others as pertaining to the thirteenth.
The latter date is adopted by Kraus and Kaufmann among others; Lowrie, however, maintains that "no statue of the Renaissance can be compared with this for genuine understanding of the classic dress” and, therefore, this writer holds for the more ancient date.

The marble statue of St. Peter taken from the old basilica, now in the crypt of the Vatican, was originally, in all probability, an ANCIENT CONSULAR STATUE which was TRANSFORMED (!!...CHANGED? LOL...) into a representation of the Prince of Apostles.

You worship SATANIC lies.
Jesus is just a Jewish man. He is NOT God.
Peter has NO keys!

The lies must be challenged.

How can these be GOD's representatives guided by holy spirit?
These are SATAN'S AGENTS guided by an EVIL SPIRIT.

Your God's Pope GREGORY VI (1045-46) filled with holy (?) Spirit was DEPOSED by Henry III FOR SIMONY (SELLING CHURCH PARDONS AND OFFICES)!!

Location hidden

#163019 Feb 11, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
1a. You say:
1b. I say:
THIS IS BLIND FAITH.
2a. You say:
2b. I say:
3a. You say:
3b. I say:
You are ignorant Alex!
Jesus Himself stated:
John 8:24
New International Version (©1984)
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am [the one I claim to be], you will indeed die in your sins."

Jesus claimed that he is the Son of God.
John 9:35-38
New International Version (NIV)
35 Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and when he found him, he said,“Do you believe in the Son of Man?”

36 “Who is he, sir?” the man asked.“Tell me so that I may believe in him.”

37 Jesus said,“You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking with you.”

38 Then the man said,“Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.

You are filled with spiritual blindness Alex.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163020 Feb 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, you are a slave to an uneducated 7th century war lord and you are lecturing me on "BLIND FAITH with NO proof watsoever." One thing is for sure and that is you are self deluded along with all muslim leaders.
You have stopped thinking after stepping inside that Satan's palace!
You see Paul WV, you warped way of thinking misses many chunks of truth.

My "blind faith”.... There is ONE Most Merciful Most Gracious Eternal Self-subsisting Unique GOD who does not engage in human activities such as pagan procreation.
The God I worship by definition is UNLIKE "His" creation.
The God I worship has been represented by MANY human messengers on earth including Moses, Jesus and Muhammed PBUT.

Of course, you can say there is NO God and you may well be right.

But if you are claiming their is One Unique Merciful Eternal Self-subsisting God unlike "His" creation, then my model is just as good as any other model of GOD out there!

But your TOTALLY BLIND FAITH is full of stories.
You have taken a Jewish man, stripped him naked, nailed him to death, turned him into a Pagan pole dancer begging folks to eat his raw flesh and drink his fresh blood. Then you call him god!!!
How VILE!
Your belief is SATANIC and has taken worship away from TRUE God to a Jewish man.
On your head be it!!!!

I DON'T NEED YOUR OPINIONS BUT PROPER REPLIES!!

***I asked you to explain PRECISELY how YOU expected to have eternal life by believing in BJ's "sacrifice" while us "sinners" who don't believe in YOUR Church and in BJ's "sacrifice" would "die"!

1a. You say:
1b. I say:
- There are many who are supposed to believe in your Jesus including many Popes but there is NO proof whatsoever that they have eternal life!
THIS IS BLIND FAITH.
2a. You say:
2b. I say:
3a. You say:
3b. I say:
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163021 Feb 11, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Emulating the suffering jesus, so heaven stays intact.
Binding and loosening and all that.
Thank you Maat.
They refer to suffering Jesus but not the suffering servant!
When we say Jesus may have been the servant of God they get angry!
Also, have you seen my posts about the Popes who resigned or were forced to resign?
One was into Pagan worship.
Another Pope was SELLING Papacy and Offices.
What is this holy or evil spirit doing to them? lol
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#163022 Feb 11, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You have stopped thinking after stepping inside that Satan's palace!
You see Paul WV, you warped way of thinking misses many chunks of truth.
My "blind faith”.... There is ONE Most Merciful Most Gracious Eternal Self-subsisting Unique GOD who does not engage in human activities such as pagan procreation.
The God I worship by definition is UNLIKE "His" creation.
The God I worship has been represented by MANY human messengers on earth including Moses, Jesus and Muhammed PBUT.
Of course, you can say there is NO God and you may well be right.
But if you are claiming their is One Unique Merciful Eternal Self-subsisting God unlike "His" creation, then my model is just as good as any other model of GOD out there!
But your TOTALLY BLIND FAITH is full of stories.
You have taken a Jewish man, stripped him naked, nailed him to death, turned him into a Pagan pole dancer begging folks to eat his raw flesh and drink his fresh blood. Then you call him god!!!
How VILE!
Your belief is SATANIC and has taken worship away from TRUE God to a Jewish man.
On your head be it!!!!
I DON'T NEED YOUR OPINIONS BUT PROPER REPLIES!!
***I asked you to explain PRECISELY how YOU expected to have eternal life by believing in BJ's "sacrifice" while us "sinners" who don't believe in YOUR Church and in BJ's "sacrifice" would "die"!
1a. You say:
1b. I say:
- There are many who are supposed to believe in your Jesus including many Popes but there is NO proof whatsoever that they have eternal life!
THIS IS BLIND FAITH.
2a. You say:
2b. I say:
3a. You say:
3b. I say:
You are a slave to an uneducated 7th century war lord. he has you bowing to a city, worshiping the moon and seasons, kissing a black stone framed in a replicate of a female pudendum , torturing animals out of blood lust, etc.
Seriously

Wolverhampton, UK

#163023 Feb 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ignorant Alex!
Jesus Himself stated:
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am [the one I claim to be], you will indeed die in your sins."
35 Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and when he found him, he said,“Do you believe in the Son of Man?”
37 Jesus said,“You have now seen him; in fact, he is the one speaking with you.”
It means, worship; fall down and worship, kneel, bow low, obeisance.... the Bible, the English word "obeisance" does not carry sufficiently the act of worship due ...

35Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and, on finding him, he said:“Are you putting faith in the Son of man?”36The [man] answered:“And who is he, sir, that I may put faith in him?”37Jesus said to him:“You have seen him and, besides, he that is speaking with you is that one.”38Then he said:“I do put faith [in him], Lord.” And he did obeisance to him.39And Jesus said:“For [this] judgment I came into this world: that those not seeing might see and those seeing might become blind.”40Those of the Pharisees who were with him heard these things, and they said to him:“We are not blind also, are we?”41Jesus said to them:“If &#8203;YOU&#8203; were blind, &#8203;YOU&#8203; would have no sin. But now &#8203;YOU&#8203; say,‘We see.’ YOUR&#8203; sin remains.”

Definition:obeisance
1. an attitude of deference or homage
2. a gesture expressing obeisance
1. a gesture of respect, as a bow.
2. homage or an act of homage.
1. the act of obeying or behaving respectfully;
2. a show or sign of respect such as bowing. Synonyms: respect, courtesy, bow, homage, deference,...
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#163024 Feb 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ignorant Alex!
Jesus Himself stated:
Your spiritual enlightment has turned you into a backer of a lame horse.
You like to believe that a Jewish man died for your sins when he himself said he came only for his own people who were Jews.

You have put your shirt on BJ who is NOT God!

Look at your "John" which appeared long after the synoptic gospels.

1a. You say...
Jesus Himself stated:

1b. I say...
I agree! He is talking to HUMANS and he is NOT stupid. He knows ALL humans DIE!
So he is telling them "you will DIE as sinners or good people depending on what you do"

He also meant to say: "I tell you that you would die with a lot less sins; if you believe that I am your Messiah, you will indeed stand a chance of dying with a lot less sins."

2a. You say..Jesus claimed that he is the Son of God.

2b. I say.. John was written long after other gospels were formulated. The agenda here is to promote.."son of god" or even god!

To most "son of man"...Ben Adam refers to human being! There are no upper case "S" or upper case "M" in Aramaic Arabic or Hebrew.
Heve you seen a human being. YES!
Jesus is NOT saying he is son of god as clearly they have been deliberately playing with son of man, messiah and son of god!!
Messiah is not son of god per se.
Why are you so twisted?

Location hidden

#163025 Feb 11, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusion multiplies Skeptic Shamma Stones.
You are not doing anything to dispel my "ignorance" by proving to me that you are deluding yourself WITHOUT A SHRED of EVIDENCE!
1a. You say...
1b. I say...
Your "church" was probably founded by the lies of Satan here on earth who invented a son for god for pagans to worship. When the lies are challenged by seekers of truth you call them liars!
God by definition cannot turn up as a peeing pooing human subjecting self to the laws of universe! When god is controlled by the elements "he" ceases to be god!
2a. You say...
2b. I say...
Rubbish! No such keys were given. No proof whatsoever. Jesus was just a teacher struggling to convince the majority of Jews that he was their Messiah. They rejected him and got rid of him!
Jesus on earth could not even save himself. Peter abandoned him and ran away lying many times!
Do you want a liar and a coward for Pope? Oh well. I suppose you have had many of them as Popes!
Peter and Rome is a good story!!
The REAL Peter the PAGAN in Rome is....
The statue of "Peter enthroned" with SUN WHEEL above his head is most certainly a PAGAN statue of JUPITER, that was removed from the Pantheon in Rome (a PAGAN temple), and moved into St. Peter's AND renamed Peter!!!
Do you know that his extended right foot has been nearly worn away from the many pilgrims who KISS it???
Even the pattern on the wall behind the statue utilises the symbol of Baal / Shamash!!!
This is what YOUR Catholic Encyclopaedia online says about Portraits of the Apostles:
The famous bronze statue of St. Peter in the basilica of this Apostle in Rome is by some regarded as a work of the fifth or sixth century, by others as pertaining to the thirteenth.
The latter date is adopted by Kraus and Kaufmann among others; Lowrie, however, maintains that "no statue of the Renaissance can be compared with this for genuine understanding of the classic dress” and, therefore, this writer holds for the more ancient date.
The marble statue of St. Peter taken from the old basilica, now in the crypt of the Vatican, was originally, in all probability, an ANCIENT CONSULAR STATUE which was TRANSFORMED (!!...CHANGED? LOL...) into a representation of the Prince of Apostles.
You worship SATANIC lies.
Jesus is just a Jewish man. He is NOT God.
Peter has NO keys!
The lies must be challenged.
How can these be GOD's representatives guided by holy spirit?
These are SATAN'S AGENTS guided by an EVIL SPIRIT.
Your God's Pope GREGORY VI (1045-46) filled with holy (?) Spirit was DEPOSED by Henry III FOR SIMONY (SELLING CHURCH PARDONS AND OFFICES)!!
Gods truth cannot be contradicted.

Alex, The words dictated by Muhammad in the Muslim book the Quran contradict Gods Truthful words in Gods Holy Bible, written by the disciples that Jesus, the Son of God taught to them Himself.

Alex, nowhere in Gods Holy Bible is there a statement by God stating that -I God have no Son.

The information you call truth does not come out of Gods Holy Bible, so your information are falsehoods.

Location hidden

#163026 Feb 11, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your spiritual enlightment has turned you into a backer of a lame horse.
You like to believe that a Jewish man died for your sins when he himself said he came only for his own people who were Jews.
You have put your shirt on BJ who is NOT God!
Look at your "John" which appeared long after the synoptic gospels.
1a. You say...
Jesus Himself stated:
1b. I say...
I agree! He is talking to HUMANS and he is NOT stupid. He knows ALL humans DIE!
So he is telling them "you will DIE as sinners or good people depending on what you do"
He also meant to say: "I tell you that you would die with a lot less sins; if you believe that I am your Messiah, you will indeed stand a chance of dying with a lot less sins."
2a. You say..Jesus claimed that he is the Son of God.
2b. I say.. John was written long after other gospels were formulated. The agenda here is to promote.."son of god" or even god!
To most "son of man"...Ben Adam refers to human being! There are no upper case "S" or upper case "M" in Aramaic Arabic or Hebrew.
Heve you seen a human being. YES!
Jesus is NOT saying he is son of god as clearly they have been deliberately playing with son of man, messiah and son of god!!
Messiah is not son of god per se.
Why are you so twisted?
Gods truth cannot be contradicted.

Alex, The words dictated by Muhammad in the Muslim book the Quran contradict Gods Truthful words in Gods Holy Bible, written by the disciples that Jesus, the Son of God taught to them Himself.

Alex, nowhere in Gods Holy Bible is there a statement by God stating that -I God have no Son.

The information you call truth does not come out of Gods Holy Bible, so your information are falsehoods.

Seriously

Wolverhampton, UK

#163027 Feb 11, 2013
Some other instances where the Septuagint uses proskuneo to refer to bowing down as a mark of respect are:

· Genesis 33:3: Jacob bowed to his brother Esau

· Exodus 18:7: Moses bowed to his father-in-law

· Ruth 2:10: Ruth bowed to Boaz

· 1 Samuel 20:41: David bowed to Jonathan

· 1 Samuel 24:8: David bowed to King Saul

· 1 Samuel 25:3: Abigail bowed to David

· Daniel 2:46: Nebuchadnezzar bowed to Daniel
juan

Mumbai, India

#163028 Feb 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>Gods truth cannot be contradicted.
why u muslims try to prove da ur religion is superior , u just go around blasting buildings killing people trying to forcefully impose islam on others u know wat ur just frustrated coz u people did'nt contributed anything useful for mankind not even a toilet paper, u just are a crowd a mob nothing else ur da most violent people on earth nd still u say ur da best u believe in non-violence , u cant tolerate other religions nor dere culture so just go ------->

Location hidden

#163029 Feb 11, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
It means, worship; fall down and worship, kneel, bow low, obeisance.... the Bible, the English word "obeisance" does not carry sufficiently the act of worship due ...
35Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and, on finding him, he said:“Are you putting faith in the Son of man?”36The [man] answered:“And who is he, sir, that I may put faith in him?”37Jesus said to him:“You have seen him and, besides, he that is speaking with you is that one.”38Then he said:“I do put faith [in him], Lord.” And he did obeisance to him.39And Jesus said:“For [this] judgment I came into this world: that those not seeing might see and those seeing might become blind.”40Those of the Pharisees who were with him heard these things, and they said to him:“We are not blind also, are we?”41Jesus said to them:“If &#8203;YOU&#8203; were blind, &#8203;YOU&#8203; would have no sin. But now &#8203;YOU&#8203; say,‘We see.’ YOUR&#8203; sin remains.”
Definition:obeisance
1. an attitude of deference or homage
2. a gesture expressing obeisance
1. a gesture of respect, as a bow.
2. homage or an act of homage.
1. the act of obeying or behaving respectfully;
2. a show or sign of respect such as bowing. Synonyms: respect, courtesy, bow, homage, deference,...
The Scripture meaning is the word worship.
The man became enlightened to the the deity of Jesus.
{Son of God]
Worship-To honor and love as deity
wor·ship (wûrshp)
n.
a. The reverent love and devotion accorded a deity, an idol, or a sacred object.
b. The ceremonies, prayers, or other religious forms by which this love is expressed.
2. Ardent devotion; adoration.
3. often Worship Chiefly British Used as a form of address for magistrates, mayors, and certain other dignitaries: Your Worship.
v. wor·shiped or wor·shipped, wor·ship·ing or wor·ship·ping, wor·ships
v.tr.
1. To honor and love as a deity.
2. To regard with ardent or adoring esteem or devotion. See Synonyms at revere1.
v.intr.
1. To participate in religious rites of worship.
2. To perform an act of worship.
Seriously

Wolverhampton, UK

#163030 Feb 11, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ignorant Alex!
Jesus Himself stated:
You have changed verse 38 Shamma. verse 38 dose not say worshiped !(38 Then the man said,“Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.)
This is what it really says :
38 Then he said:“I do put faith [in him], Lord.” And he did obeisance to him.

Some other instances where the Septuagint uses proskuneo to refer to bowing down as a mark of respect are:

· Genesis 33:3: Jacob bowed to his brother Esau

· Exodus 18:7: Moses bowed to his father-in-law

· Ruth 2:10: Ruth bowed to Boaz

· 1 Samuel 20:41: David bowed to Jonathan

· 1 Samuel 24:8: David bowed to King Saul

· 1 Samuel 25:3: Abigail bowed to David

· Daniel 2:46: Nebuchadnezzar bowed to Daniel

These, and many other, occurrences of the verb proskuneo in the Septuagint help us to understand two points:

1. In a variety of cultures in Bible times it was customary to bow down before someone as a gesture of respect, with absolutely no religious meaning at all.

2. The verb proskuneo is frequently used to describe such actions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Aug 25 Ernie 117
Pagan community northern kentucky? (Nov '12) Aug 25 scorpion123 27
Reagan appointee sides with Wiccans: NM town mu... Aug 20 Kathwynn 5
Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Aug 13 Lady shay 8
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Aug 9 Kathwynn 11
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Aug 4 Emma 13
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••