Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 255954 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#162926 Feb 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
What Jesus taught is contained in the Cathecism of the Catholic Church.
No, there is nothing in the Catechism of the RCC that can be called as 'The teachings of Jesus".

I have read it and I regret wasting my precious time that I spent reading it. It is just opinions of men, who never sat in the company of Jesus and his disciples.

There is nothing redeeming in it and it is far more worse than the tales in the gospels.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162927 Feb 11, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the church used to have claimed authority and wrote your book and considers itself god on earth, does not mean you are taught by god.
They saw their authority curtailed: only when the pope speaks for the chair!
Ayahtollah=pope=a word of god.
So iit's all so unbeleivably vain, and abbout worldly power.
Very little spiritual content.
It's all about spiritual content for the pope and bishops. The pope still holds the Keys to the Kingdom Heaven; whatsoever the pope binds and looses on earth will be bond and loosed in Heaven. The pope gets his authority from the Apostels through the laying on of hands.

The pope now speaks for God as any prophet in the past has spoken for Him. The Catholic Church, Mystical Body of Christ, is Immanunel, God with us; we are now taught by God.

bmz

Location hidden

#162928 Feb 11, 2013
@ Paul WV

Addendum for your expert spinning

This is from the Catechism of your RCC:

"73 God has revealed himself fully by sending his own Son, in whom he has established his covenant for ever. The Son is his Father's definitive Word; so there will be no further Revelation after him."

What say ye now? I would like to see how you spin this.

Can you please inform the RCC and tell them to tear away Revelation by John, please? Please get rid of that book.

Thanks a million in anticipation.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162929 Feb 11, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
No, let's take the word of the greatest war machine and empire ever seen, that ruled europe straight into the dark-ages.
I said it before, you have to read up on history
How did Moses enter the Promised Land? The past cannot be judged by today’s standards. It is through the influence of the Catholic Church, her teachings and Catholic culture that the U.N. Declaration of Human Rights came into being. These human rights are being eroded by islamic countries who do no hold up to the pledge they made to uphold these universal human rights. Why? Because secular movements are creating a moral vacuum that allows islam barbaric human rights to fill.

bmz

Location hidden

#162930 Feb 11, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Well christians and muslims can't say YHWH is my lord.
No way! You are right. Muslims will never say that, but I think Christians can train themselves to say that.

bmz

Location hidden

#162931 Feb 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
04. God NEVER said that He will come down as Messiah. God said that He will send a Messiah. Why you want to lower the majesty of God and want to bring Him down to a human' level?
MUQ,

Actually, God never even said in the Torah or elsewhere "I will send a Messiah".

I have not read any such direct statement in the Jewish Holy Scriptures.

Salaams
BMZ
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162932 Feb 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. This is a strange law that Holy Roman Catholic Church has "In built" power to declare any thing as Holy. It might be the "self given" power like that of St. Paul, who declared himself to the Apostle and Chief Spokesperson for Jesus!!
We deny the apostleship of St. Paul and Roman Catholic Church to that position.
02.Gospel of Barnabas on the face of it, looks like the true teachings of Jesus. It is as acceptable as any of the other three Gospels.
St Paul received his authority to go to the gentiles from the leaders of Jesus' Catholic Church. Every leader of the Catholic Church has gotten their authority form their predecessor going directly back to the apostles.

The 'gospel' of brarnabas is a 16th century fake and it is not surprising that you would accept it as gospel since you take the word of an uneducated 7th century war lord that some spirit told him what some god told him to tell him.

Where did mohammad's authority come from to speak for God. Some unknown spirit that some woman told him was Gabriel; we do know how reliable the word of a woman is; don't we?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162933 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there is nothing in the Catechism of the RCC that can be called as 'The teachings of Jesus".
I have read it and I regret wasting my precious time that I spent reading it. It is just opinions of men, who never sat in the company of Jesus and his disciples.
There is nothing redeeming in it and it is far more worse than the tales in the gospels.
Wherever two or more are gathered in Jesus' Name for a common porpoise Jesus said He will be in their mist. So you are wrong, at the councils that agreed on the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Jesus sat with them.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162934 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
@ Paul WV
Addendum for your expert spinning
This is from the Catechism of your RCC:
"73 God has revealed himself fully by sending his own Son, in whom he has established his covenant for ever. The Son is his Father's definitive Word; so there will be no further Revelation after him."
What say ye now? I would like to see how you spin this.
Can you please inform the RCC and tell them to tear away Revelation by John, please? Please get rid of that book.
Thanks a million in anticipation.
This shows how you lack exegeses of the Holy Bible when you take a verse out of the Catechism and twist it as you do. Do you think those who wrote this verse do not know about the Book of Revelation? Look for the error in your reasoning and get back with me.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#162935 Feb 11, 2013
When a pope retires, does he get a pocket watch?

bmz

Location hidden

#162936 Feb 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
How did Moses enter the Promised Land? The past cannot be judged by today’s standards. It is through the influence of the Catholic Church, her teachings and Catholic culture that the U.N. Declaration of Human Rights came into being. These human rights are being eroded by islamic countries who do no hold up to the pledge they made to uphold these universal human rights. Why? Because secular movements are creating a moral vacuum that allows islam barbaric human rights to fill.
Through the influence of the Catholic Church? Utter rubbish! Raed what Thomas Jefferson said:

"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own."

"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes."

"The clergy, by getting themselves established by law and in-grafted into the machine of government, have been a very formidable engine against the civil and religious rights of man."

Please do not insult the intelligence of the modern and educated man, who tamed Christianity.

bmz

Location hidden

#162937 Feb 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
This shows how you lack exegeses of the Holy Bible when you take a verse out of the Catechism and twist it as you do. Do you think those who wrote this verse do not know about the Book of Revelation? Look for the error in your reasoning and get back with me.
Of course, they did not know and still do not know.

The reason is that Catechism came late. The foolishness and the blunder of entering Revelation had already been done.

I would like to see more spin on this.

bmz

Location hidden

#162938 Feb 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Wherever two or more are gathered in Jesus' Name for a common porpoise Jesus said He will be in their mist. So you are wrong, at the councils that agreed on the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Jesus sat with them.
Ya! He was hopping from camp to camp. Arius to Athanasius, back to Arius and then on to Athanasius' camp in the wilderness.

bmz

Location hidden

#162939 Feb 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Normally, the Pope does not get anything but death. That is his reward and he goes back home to reside with his Lord.

A few resigned and a few were deposed but received nothing.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#162940 Feb 11, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Correction:
There are no full manuscripts of John not even of the other gospels, NOTHING PARTIALLY WRITTEN till well in the 4th century.
And i forgot to add the example of the codex sinaiticus. Which like the somewhat older Vaticanus was far from complete.
And the sinaiticus turns out to be a mix of various centuries.(which was not discovered immediately since it was devided up in parts and given to various researchers.)
Whether the same is the case with the Vaticanus i do not know. Haven't looked into that aspect.
The text deviating extremely from nowadays versions was more interesting.
Its amazing that with out any manuscripts the Christian Church has become the largest monotheistic religion in the world.

bmz

Location hidden

#162941 Feb 11, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
St Paul received his authority to go to the gentiles from the leaders of Jesus' Catholic Church. Every leader of the Catholic Church has gotten their authority form their predecessor going directly back to the apostles.
The 'gospel' of brarnabas is a 16th century fake and it is not surprising that you would accept it as gospel since you take the word of an uneducated 7th century war lord that some spirit told him what some god told him to tell him.
Where did mohammad's authority come from to speak for God. Some unknown spirit that some woman told him was Gabriel; we do know how reliable the word of a woman is; don't we?
We consider all gospels unreliable, not trust worthy and all of them as tales full of forgeries.

WE do not believe in GOB.

After reading and comparing 'em all, we feel GOB sounds better than the others. The standard of reporting is good in GOB. At least, we can see Jesus talking to his disciples.

bmz

Location hidden

#162942 Feb 11, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
Breaking News:

Pope Benedict XVI announced Monday that he would resign Feb. 28 - the first pontiff to do so in nearly 600 years.

Let us see what he gets.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162943 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Through the influence of the Catholic Church? Utter rubbish! Raed what Thomas Jefferson said:
"In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own."
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their own purposes."
"The clergy, by getting themselves established by law and in-grafted into the machine of government, have been a very formidable engine against the civil and religious rights of man."
Please do not insult the intelligence of the modern and educated man, who tamed Christianity.
What makes Jefferson an expert on Christianity or the Catholic Church. He was just giving his bigotted opinion. The proof is in the pudding and it was a Christian culture, formed by the teachings of the Catholic Church, that we now have the U.N. Declaration of Human Rights.

I can tell you one thing for sure, the U.N. Declaration of Human Rights did not come from any islamic culture.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162944 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
We consider all gospels unreliable, not trust worthy and all of them as tales full of forgeries.
WE do not believe in GOB.
After reading and comparing 'em all, we feel GOB sounds better than the others. The standard of reporting is good in GOB. At least, we can see Jesus talking to his disciples.
So anything that agrees with your koran came from God. Do you ever read what you post? You are self deluded!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162945 Feb 11, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya! He was hopping from camp to camp. Arius to Athanasius, back to Arius and then on to Athanasius' camp in the wilderness.
Jesus is with all His people who gather in His Name, but only the pope through the authority of the Keys can bind and loose both on earth and in heaven. No one else can speak with this authority, when the pope speaks from the Chair of St Peter, God speaks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sat Eagle 12 4,907
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Nov 25 Jillifitz 115
News Paganism no better than Atheism (May '10) Nov 17 Amused 30
News Why All Jews Should Hate Halloween - And So Sho... Oct '16 Hecate 1
Beauty spell worked last year but not anymore Oct '16 Prettyicy 1
Wiccan Coven Secrets Anyone? Oct '16 Julius the Jules 1
Need info Oct '16 Fraidy Cat 2
More from around the web