Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256357 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#162828 Feb 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>No! Jesus has a Father.
Being the Son of God Jesus is equal to His Father in essence and nature.
The Will of the Father is identical to Jesus.
Jesus says I and the Father are One.
The Father is in Me and I am in the Father.
John 1:12
12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name,[Jesus] he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
You lack understanding of the Scriptures Alex.
First, Jesus never said publicly, "I am the Son of God". So, that is out! You lack the true understanding of Jesus' original language.

Every body back then had a Father and that was used for God.

The Father was not Jesus' father.

Jesus did not say, "I and the Father are one and the same person."

Disciples never addressed him as God. They called him lord.

The problem is that his language was translated into Greek language, which is a very poor and unfit language for Scripture.

The figurative and metaphorical language in Hebrew and Aramaic cannot be accurately translated into Greek and in turn, when translated in English, it becomes more absurd!

The forgery mills have played with prepositions. God with me and I with God, became God in me and I in God. Even the Hindus, the pioneers of a well-defined Trinity of their own have an exactly similar saying "God in me and I in God" but not a single Hindu thinks that he is God or God is fully occupying him.

All this confusion was created by foreigners in John's gospel, which is the most corrupted of all the four gospels. Matthew is the 2nd most corrupted gospel.

You are reading a third class translation of third class Greek, in English. The Greek could not catch the true meanings of the native's (Jesus') language Aramaic.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162829 Feb 10, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is god? But Jesus NEVER claimed that title!!
Why do you keep calling Jesus God?
Just stop and think you fool.
Imagine Jesus is NOT God but Just a man of God or servant of God.
By worshipping this Jewish man, you are committing a GRAVE sin against God.
Don't you realise that the clueless pagans ended up worshipping the messenger instead of GOD and MASTER of that messenger!
Please stop worshipping that Jewish man because he NEVER asked you to do such a dumb thing.
By worsihpping him...
You make him a sinner who takes worship away from God.
You turn into a sinner by worshipping a man instead of God.
Double whammy and you are in big trouble Paul.
Run away from that demonic "church" of robots and liars.
Worship given to the Father, Son or Holy Spirit is worship given to all.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#162830 Feb 10, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Shamma. Challenge me on any form of christology..or even christianity with its non existent original scriptures.
Shamma please give me your background and the sort of exposure you have had to theology?
Did you ever wonder why Mark and Matt are "slightly" hesitant on the subject of God having a son?
Explain to us what you mean by "the only begotten son"?
The "Aramaic" bible is quite funny as it was translated into aramaic (not re translated)!!
Do you know what it means?
Do you believe that God is a man with genitals so he can have a human son?
/
I answered all your questions in that post.
You want to argue over the sovereignty of God, and there is no basses for an argument on the premise of Gods sovereignty.

The question is "what are you trying to prove by your questions?"

In Scripture God expresses his reasons for man to follow His laws, based on His own moral character.

The sovereignty of God allows God to express his will upon man.
Divine providence, or providence, is God's intervention in the world. "Divine Providence" (usually capitalized) is also used as a title of God. A distinction is usually made between "general providence", which refers to God's continuous upholding the existence and natural order of the universe, and "special providence", which refers to God's extraordinary intervention in the life of people.

Through general providence God brings things in order according to His Will by his Will.

In other words Alex you do not accept the providence of God.
You deny that God has the right to do things according to His own Will.
In my post by Gods own actions in Genesis in the garden of Eden, God expressed His will to Adam and Eve, and by His Will God expressed how He was going to accomplish things according to His own Will.

God is One!, But that does not limit God nor take away the power of His will to perform in ways UN-natural to man.

So who are you Alex to infer that God cannot have a Son nor Holy Spirit?

God chose the disciple to be a witness to Jesus, and spread the Gospels to all the nations of the world.

John 17:17-26
17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you have sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, so that they also may be sanctified in truth.

20 ”I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

22 The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one, 23 I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

24 Father, I desire that those also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory, which you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.
25 “Righteous Father, the world does not know you, but I know you; and these know that you have sent me. 26 I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”

Translations of the Bible Alex, must express the Will of God, and not the will of the translator.
bmz

Location hidden

#162831 Feb 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the BV Mary. God the Father was Jesus' Father and our adopted Father through Jesus' death and resurrection.
Can you please cut that out and simply say that the alleged Holy Spirit was the father of your Jesus and God was the Father of Jesus, his mother, the old hag Joseph and all others.

Do you understand the difference between Father and father?

Jesus only used the word Abba (Father) in Aramaic for hardly a few times and the Church used it frequently for deception.

The Jews were not using the word Father all day and night long. They used only HaShem in discourses and Adonai during prayers. They never even called God by the names Yahweh or Jehovah.

If we can understand, why do you fail to understand.

If a Christian says, "God is my Father", it does not mean that God is his father.

bmz

Location hidden

#162832 Feb 10, 2013
Shamma wrote:
<quoted text>I answered all your questions in that post.
You want to argue over the sovereignty of God, and there is no basses for an argument on the premise of Gods sovereignty.
The question is "what are you trying to prove by your questions?"
In Scripture God expresses his reasons for man to follow His laws, based on His own moral character.
The sovereignty of God allows God to express his will upon man.
Divine providence, or providence, is God's intervention in the world. "Divine Providence" (usually capitalized) is also used as a title of God. A distinction is usually made between "general providence", which refers to God's continuous upholding the existence and natural order of the universe, and "special providence", which refers to God's extraordinary intervention in the life of people.
Through general providence God brings things in order according to His Will by his Will.
In other words Alex you do not accept the providence of God.
You deny that God has the right to do things according to His own Will.
In my post by Gods own actions in Genesis in the garden of Eden, God expressed His will to Adam and Eve, and by His Will God expressed how He was going to accomplish things according to His own Will.
God is One!, But that does not limit God nor take away the power of His will to perform in ways UN-natural to man.
So who are you Alex to infer that God cannot have a Son nor Holy Spirit?
God chose the disciple to be a witness to Jesus, and spread the Gospels to all the nations of the world.
John 17:17-26
17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you have sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, so that they also may be sanctified in truth.
20 ”I ask not only on behalf of these, but also on behalf of those who will believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
22 The glory that you have given me I have given them, so that they may be one, as we are one, 23 I in them and you in me, that they may become completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.
24 Father, I desire that those also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory, which you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.
25 “Righteous Father, the world does not know you, but I know you; and these know that you have sent me. 26 I made your name known to them, and I will make it known, so that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”
Translations of the Bible Alex, must express the Will of God, and not the will of the translator.
God is one, simply means there is only one God. That is also clarified in your books.

In the case of Christianity, there is one Godhead, not one God.

If Christianity had taught there was only one God, it would not have talked about a Godhead.

The texts and the translations of the Bible only show the will of the men, who penned them down and the will of others, who forged them.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162833 Feb 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you please cut that out and simply say that the alleged Holy Spirit was the father of your Jesus and God was the Father of Jesus, his mother, the old hag Joseph and all others.
Do you understand the difference between Father and father?
Jesus only used the word Abba (Father) in Aramaic for hardly a few times and the Church used it frequently for deception.
The Jews were not using the word Father all day and night long. They used only HaShem in discourses and Adonai during prayers. They never even called God by the names Yahweh or Jehovah.
If we can understand, why do you fail to understand.
If a Christian says, "God is my Father", it does not mean that God is his father.
There are no scholars in the world that believe what you are saying. The only people that agree with you are those who follow an uneducated 7th century war lord.

You have no concept of God at all. You have a childish understanding of God. You think of God as some sort of super human being and not spirit as He truly is.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162834 Feb 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Baal hamolech and other clown baals have no place in Islam. Muhammad was no Israelite.
Moshe, Jesus and Muhammad served the same LORD.
rabbee: yeah riiight, that explains why syrian and other muslems are murdering each other today. and if muhammed was never a ysralee, then what the hell are muslems doing in what should be Ysrael today? is it really worth, all the vain hoopla, with hell and death for muslems to try to steal what land G-D has apportioned for returning Ysralees? when all muslems are so far, is a distraction away from G-D.

and as far as Moshe and Yeshooah serving the same g-d as muhammed. nah neither Moshe, nor Adam served an angel like muhammed did. Moshe and Yeshooah Adam, both spoke to G-D not just Angels or angels. nor do i believe that your g-d all-h, is TheSAME G-D, WHO came to speak with me, on any of the three occasions. however i may have spoken to the angel, that spoke to muhammed that i personally rejected. since i have personally rejected offers, from the angels hasatan, baal hamolech and halooseefer.

come on, your not even close to being in agreement with TheG-D of my visitations as adam. so do not try to snow me, that we both believe in TheSame G-D. more or less, that you believe in TheSame G-D, WHO visited with Moshe or Yeshooah Adam. different g-ds always result, in worldly differences.
bmz

Location hidden

#162835 Feb 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that you don't have the aptitude to understand the Holy Trinity. Jesus is God and our God is His God. Can't wrap your brain around that can you?
The problem is that everything that Christianity says has no support at all from Jesus himself.

For example:

"Jesus is the Son of God"......Nothing from Jesus!

"Jesus is God"..........Nothing from Jesus!

"Jesus is God in flesh"..........Nothjing from Jesus!

"God is a trinity or triune".....Nothing from Jesus!

So, all claims are absurd and are man-made.

John 17:3 bursts and disintegrates all lies! Lies upon lies and nothing but lies.

Explain Trinity in your own words, if you understand that absurdity. Do not give me links.

Explain yourself.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162836 Feb 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the BV Mary. God the Father was Jesus' Father and our adopted Father through Jesus' death and resurrection.
You keep talking nonsense...
PROVIDE PROOF!!
When did Jesus talk about the Trinity?
When did he say he was part of a Trinity of father, son and ghost?
We need DIRECT claim from the man himself, not from john paul george ringo, bill and josephus!!
Give us PROOF from Jesus!
You know you can't.
Anyway, you have already admitted that God Almighty is the God of Jesus.
If they are co-equal blah..blah...then Jesus is the God of god Almighty!!!!
Even you can see how nutty that is!!
Paul you are done!
This seals your fate!!
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TT8...
bmz wrote: Was God Almighty the God of Jesus or not?
Paul WV: He was.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162837 Feb 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no scholars in the world that believe what you are saying. The only people that agree with you are those who follow an uneducated 7th century war lord.
You have no concept of God at all. You have a childish understanding of God. You think of God as some sort of super human being and not spirit as He truly is.
May I point something out please?
You are NOT a scholar!
You are a "Church Robot"

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#162838 Feb 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for bringing up that, Shane.
It is amazing to see the thieves, who stole others' Scripture, explaining the same thing the wrong way!
Your welcome.

In the name of Allah, the most gracious and the most merciful.

The Jews and Christians knows that Islam is true but they don't want to believe since they don't have the freedom to drink or party. I showed this verse of the quran to my Christian friend.

[2:79]Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say: "This is from Allah" to traffic with it for a miserable price! Woe to them for what their hands do write and for the gain they make thereby.

He was shocked after seeing this yet he didnt want to accept because he fear that by knowing Islam he has to convert and after he might lose his freedom.

Location hidden

#162839 Feb 10, 2013
And dear Christians, Jews. Allah knows that you all will talk and mock against our religion that's why Allah mentioned in Quran.

[2:78] And there are among them illiterates, who know not the Book, but (see therein their own) desires, and they do nothing but conjecture.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162840 Feb 10, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realise that a person has to be a failing/rejected/struggling Jewish Messiah candidate to be a Christian "mangod"?
Now that says a lot about your "church"?
Job Title: Christian mangod.
Qualification: Struggling/rejected/failing Jewish Messiah candidate!
rabbee: so what you are saying, is nothing has changed in this failing world. since i was here, about 2000 years ago. but your success with the same old not here in TheTorah devil, does not mean i am the one failing G-D here in TheTorah. just because i reject, being the same successfull failure as all of you.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162841 Feb 10, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
May I point something out please?
You are NOT a scholar!
You are a "Church Robot"
At least I am not the slave of an uneducated 7th century war lord.
bmz

Location hidden

#162842 Feb 10, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: yeah riiight, that explains why syrian and other muslems are murdering each other today. and if muhammed was never a ysralee, then what the hell are muslems doing in what should be Ysrael today? is it really worth, all the vain hoopla, with hell and death for muslems to try to steal what land G-D has apportioned for returning Ysralees? when all muslems are so far, is a distraction away from G-D.
and as far as Moshe and Yeshooah serving the same g-d as muhammed. nah neither Moshe, nor Adam served an angel like muhammed did. Moshe and Yeshooah Adam, both spoke to G-D not just Angels or angels. nor do i believe that your g-d all-h, is TheSAME G-D, WHO came to speak with me, on any of the three occasions. however i may have spoken to the angel, that spoke to muhammed that i personally rejected. since i have personally rejected offers, from the angels hasatan, baal hamolech and halooseefer.
come on, your not even close to being in agreement with TheG-D of my visitations as adam. so do not try to snow me, that we both believe in TheSame G-D. more or less, that you believe in TheSame G-D, WHO visited with Moshe or Yeshooah Adam. different g-ds always result, in worldly differences.
Rabbee,

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict is political and has nothing to do with Islam or Judaism.

To me, both the Israelis and the Palestinians are idiots. G-d is not going to care a damn about the two fools.

Why would others settle their problems? It is in their own interest that this problems remains perpetual and it is amazing to see both bloody fools asking others to settle.

Location hidden

#162843 Feb 10, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
As expected your approach on Quran has nothing of scientific.
Quran is not a biology or chemistry or other Science book but a book with gives authentic message to mankind. It has all scientific miracle and is explained indirectly. God says he created brain eyes mouth and we have to use them.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162844 Feb 10, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that everything that Christianity says has no support at all from Jesus himself.
For example:
"Jesus is the Son of God"......Nothing from Jesus!
"Jesus is God"..........Nothing from Jesus!
"Jesus is God in flesh"..........Nothjing from Jesus!
"God is a trinity or triune".....Nothing from Jesus!
So, all claims are absurd and are man-made.
John 17:3 bursts and disintegrates all lies! Lies upon lies and nothing but lies.
Explain Trinity in your own words, if you understand that absurdity. Do not give me links.
Explain yourself.
No scholars agree with you, only the slaves of an uneducated 7th century war lord agree with you. There is nothing scholarly in your arguments, they are all so juvenile.

Tell me about the three goddesses found in the original koran.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162845 Feb 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
At least I am not the slave of an uneducated 7th century war lord.
Pot kettle...pot kettle!! Oh dear paul!
You are very naive....

You do know that 0 to 1st century is less advanced than 7th century, meaning nearly 600 years behind the 7th century people?

You realise that you worship a 1st century Jewish teacher who applied to become Jewish Messiah and was rejected by the majority of Jews?

You also realise that your failed candidate was SO educated that he NEVER left a SINGLE verse in his own handwriting?

Which to many means he was possibly pretty clueless/uneducated too?!
bmz

Location hidden

#162846 Feb 10, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>

This scholar used to be a Christian, a pastor, a professor, etc and he gave it up! He was never a Muslim and has nothing to do with Islam. So, listen to him and you will know how Jesus was misquoted by the men, who wrote and the Church, which forged.

Do you know why? When he went for his Ph. D. and did research, he found no truth but lies and misquotes.

Don't forget to explain Trinity to me. Trinity was inspired by Satan.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162847 Feb 10, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: so what you are saying, is nothing has changed in this failing world. since i was here, about 2000 years ago. but your success with the same old not here in TheTorah devil, does not mean i am the one failing G-D here in TheTorah. just because i reject, being the same successfull failure as all of you.
Thank you for being here Rabbee..
A bit disappointed that you are unable to use your power and influence to get a few copies of your TheTorah published on the net.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Apr 18 Jogirl 52
News Magic 101: Who was Aleister Crowley? (Mar '11) Apr 6 skeptic 176
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Feb '17 guest 119
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Feb '17 Not a modern Chri... 15
News Man wins OK to wear goat horns in driver's lice... Feb '17 stalk this 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb '17 Eagle 12 4,947
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Feb '17 Nicole Orsak 117
More from around the web