Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,618)

Showing posts 152,341 - 152,360 of193,603
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. Its all interpretation.
The difference is that Halacha, as law is application, while midrash is stories and homilies - much of it acknowledged as fiction, and not meant for application as law. Midrash is a different textual genre, and therefore has different uses, none of them to derive normative, universalistically accepted theology or canon.
Frijoles--I am giving you the honest answer. We have discussed the implications of midrash vs halacha in the past, and you havent grasped the difference. I fear you will lift my answer out of context as usual.

HughBe--- Correct me if I am wrong but midrash is interpretation whereas halacha is law.

Frijoles---Its all INTERPRETATION.

Frijoles---The difference is that Halacha, as law is application,

HughBe--- The application that you speak of, is it legally binding? If so, what is meant by legally binding?

Frijoles-- while midrash is stories and homilies - much of it acknowledged as FICTION, and not meant for application as law.

HughBe--- YOU said, "Its all interpretation" so I take it that your sages were INTERPRETING "FICTION" or midrash. Brilliant of them.

Finally, your stories were meant for you to feel good and not to be transformative.

Excellent.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinion - doesnt add anything to this conversation
HughBe--- explain the difference between "FOLK religion" and your religion.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles--I am giving you the honest answer. We have discussed the implications of midrash vs halacha in the past, and you havent grasped the difference. I fear you will lift my answer out of context as usual.
HughBe--- Correct me if I am wrong but midrash is interpretation whereas halacha is law.
Frijoles---Its all INTERPRETATION.
HughBe--- The application that you speak of, is it legally binding? If so, what is meant by legally binding?
Frijoles-- while midrash is stories and homilies - much of it acknowledged as FICTION, and not meant for application as law.
HughBe--- YOU said, "Its all interpretation" so I take it that your sages were INTERPRETING "FICTION" or midrash. Brilliant of them.
Finally, your stories were meant for you to feel good and not to be transformative.
Excellent.
I was pretty darn clear

You are truely an idiot

go play without someone else

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- explain the difference between "FOLK religion" and your religion.
You are not worthy of conversing with

see you later
george whyte

Brandon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
God only approves of His Catholic Church; founded on the rock of St Peter; who was given the Keys of authority in the Kingdom of God.
Liar.
Peter was a liar and a coward. He did not go to Rome.
Paul is lying.
St Peter in Rome is a statue of a pagan character.
Satan cannot have key to heaven.
Christ called him Satan.
Peter was got rid of by Paul.
george whyte

Brandon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

I am not the real Alex, it's george whyte the indian. I came online only now. Please don't feed the troll.
george whyte

Brandon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Christians Church people are liars.
They forced my Hindu relatives in India to become Christians so they could study free in Christian schools and convents.
They are now trying it on in Israel to convert Jews to Christianity before Jesus returns but we will not allow the Missionaries to lie to us.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
My PROPHET never endorsed any absurd idea. He was extremely coherent and passed on the revelations exactly as he was told.
Of course your extremely coherent PROPHET never endorsed any absurd idea. It's his most devout and extremely incoherent followers who have endorsed absurd ideas, like jailing a teacher in Sudan for allowing her students to commit the "blasphemy" of naming a Teddy Bear "Mohammad," for example, or forcing school girls to burn to death in Saudi Arabia because they weren't following the Allah mandated dress code.

Yes, your PROPHET was PERFECT.(No one can deny this fact!) It's his "ignorant fool" followers who are the problem...
george whyte

Brandon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

God did not mention catholics in the Holy Bible.
Christ laughs at catholics who lie about him every day.
Catholics worship a man as god.
We worship the god who made men like Isaac Abraham and Judah.
george whyte

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

It's not the real george. I am the real whyte. Don't feed the trolls.
george whyte

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

george whyte wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
Peter was a liar and a coward. He did not go to Rome.
Paul is lying.
St Peter in Rome is a statue of a pagan character.
Satan cannot have key to heaven.
Christ called him Satan.
Peter was got rid of by Paul.
Liar.
Muhammad was a liar and a coward. He did not have any contact with the real god.
Kaaba is pagan and so is the ritual performed by muslims.
Satan has the key to Mecca
Christ called Muhammad a false prophet
Muhammad is suffering in hell for eternity. Allah didn't save him

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

JOEL wrote:
It'd have made no difference to the world at large had Jesus not been born. No great shakes about his teachings, deeds or personality. His mission was a colossal failure.
I suspect that the Islamotards applauded your post, which is odd considering that Mohammad expressed great admiration for Jesus.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on please Paul. Try your best. You do know that "john" was made up by a bunch of naive folks who made many errors tryingt to promote a flesh god word of mangod.
Please PROVE to US where Jesus claims he was God.
You know you can't.
Therefore, you are lying.
TRY AGAIN...
You even said the I was not a priest. Now prove to me you know more than me.
You have to respond quoting chapter and verse instead of escaping.
Come on Paul don't let the Church down!
You made a claim that BJ and/or Jesus said to Jews he was God.
Now prove it from your Gospels!
Go on, give us chapter and verse, so our Jewish posters can also respond!(PROOF NEEDED PLEASE)
I you can prove that BJ (let alone Jesus) claimed he was God, then we have no hesitation in saying he was nuts!(PROVE TO US!)
Neither Jesus nor BJ claimed there were GOD.
The Holy Quran has authority over your ramblings.
Your holy books written by 3rd/4th century pagans and non theologians has as much authority over me as do the Harry Potter books.
Your books have to be written many times by many people to make them look believable but they are works of fiction that fail to measure up to even Harry potter books.
Why do you force yourself on Hebrew Abraham, Hebrew Isaac and Half Hebrew Ishmael? What have they got to do with you? WHAT GIVES YOPU MORE RIGHT THEN HEBREW ISHMAEL?LOL..
Did they ever admit that you are linked to them spiritually?(PROOF NEEDED PLEASE)
Did you know allah never spoke to mohammad. mohammad talked to a spirit that a woman told him was gabrial. Don't have much there, hey fellow?
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
God's Catholic Church is familiar with the history of each book of the Holy Bible. This history can be found as a prologue to each book in many Bibles.
The Catholic Church gave us the Holy Bible; it is her book and she is its the guardian.
The "Problem" is Holy CAtholic Church came into existence in the Fourth Century of CE.

before that it was free for all! So how could the Holy Catholic Church undo which was already done.

They tried their best and muddled things more than they were earlier.

You said "prologue" to each book? Want me to read you for a few of those books?

How dumb you people get, one cannot fathom.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I was pretty darn clear
You are truely an idiot

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not worthy of conversing with
see you later
YOU said, "Its all interpretation" so I take it that your sages were INTERPRETING "FICTION" or midrash. Brilliant of them.

Excellent.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I was pretty darn clear
You are truely an idiot
Study what follows and LEARN what halakhah is.

"The root of the Hebrew term used to refer to Jewish LAW, halakhah, means "go" or "walk." Halakhah, then, is the "way" a Jew is DIRECTED to behave in EVERY aspect of life, encompassing civil, criminal, and religious LAW. "

http://www.myjewishlearning.com/practices/Rit...

Remind me of the BS that you spoke.

Read about YOUR FICTION/midrash.

"Midrash is an interpretive act, seeking the answers to religious questions (both practical and theological) by plumbing the meaning of the words of the Torah."

http://www.myjewishlearning.com/texts/Rabbini...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Frijoles, the Judahite---midrash is stories and homilies - much of it acknowledged as FICTION,

My Jewish Learning--"Midrash is an interpretive act, seeking the answers to religious questions (both practical and theological) by plumbing the meaning of the words of the Torah."

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus told the Jews He was God. The first chapter of the Gospel of St John further proclaims Jesus is God.
That is a big lie, Paul. There is not a word from Jesus in story lines 1-15. Zilsch! Nada!

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

@ ex-Father

Could you please let me know which verses of the gospels, irritated you most, when you were a Christian, ex-Father?

Thanks, ex-Father

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 152,341 - 152,360 of193,603
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... 11 min charles in charge 58
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) 20 hr Jumper The Wise 75
The Easter message is the Resurrection not the ... 23 hr Sol 1
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Fri Lmhw 9
Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics (Aug '13) Thu PINCH111 284
Paganism still suffering from wounds inflicted ... Thu PINCH111 5
Wiccan Threefold Law Is Overrated Thu PINCH111 8
•••
•••