Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
152,321 - 152,340 of 201,304 Comments Last updated 46 min ago
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#162296 Feb 8, 2013
CAN GOD HAVE A SON?

Why would He tell us that he can't have a son without a wife, yet tell Mary she can have a son without a husband because it is easy for Him?

SURA 6:100-101:
'Wonderful Originator of the heavens and the earth! HOW COULD HE HAVE A SON WHEN HE HAS NO CONSORT, and He (Himself) created everything, and He is the Knower of all things.' S. 6:100-101 Shakir

In Sura 19, Mary asks basically the same question when an angel comes to her and announces:

SURA 19:21:
'Mary asks: How can I have a son when I had no consort? Her question, "How can this be?", receives Allah's answer: "THIS IS EASY FOR ME!" (19:21)

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#162297 Feb 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Study what follows and LEARN what halakhah is.
"The root of the Hebrew term used to refer to Jewish LAW, halakhah, means "go" or "walk." Halakhah, then, is the "way" a Jew is DIRECTED to behave in EVERY aspect of life, encompassing civil, criminal, and religious LAW. "
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/practices/Rit...
Remind me of the BS that you spoke.
Read about YOUR FICTION/midrash.
"Midrash is an interpretive act, seeking the answers to religious questions (both practical and theological) by plumbing the meaning of the words of the Torah."
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/texts/Rabbini...
this shall be the last post to you for a while as you are going on my ignore list

but I wanted to make 2 points

1. Nothing I just said contradicts what you just posted.

2. Its moot because whatever I say you are going to argue - which is why I choose NOT to bother to respond to you. If you recollect, I told you earlier that I was responding to you in good faith that you would be interested in the topic. I was not interested in the latest version of Hughbe arguing against the world

Have a nice career here.

Dont bother to respond
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162298 Feb 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Have a nice career here.
LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162299 Feb 8, 2013
Poor Thumbless Hugh.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162300 Feb 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah spoke direct only to Moses.
With all others, through revelations and visions.
With the biblical Jesus, God never spoke with him.
Do you know why God did not speak to Jesus? You will not give an answer, so I will give the answer.
Jesus made a big mistake by obeying Satan, when he followed Satan for the trip. He should not have committed that great sin. That sin made God angry and that is why God never spoke with him.
And only today you come to know through me, why God did not respond, when Jesus shouted or cried out loud, "My God! My God! Why have you abandoned me?"
Jesus, God, spoke to Moses and not something called allah.

God spoke to the Jews from the clouds confirming Jesus as being favored by Him and to obey Him.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#162301 Feb 8, 2013
Jesus is wrote:
CAN GOD HAVE A SON?
No, God CANNOT, because God is not a man.

God can beget only a God from a Godess.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162302 Feb 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a big lie, Paul. There is not a word from Jesus in story lines 1-15. Zilsch! Nada!
The first chapter of the Gospel of St John says Jesus is God and that through Him all things came into being. What do you think, some angel was with God in the beginning and all things were made through an angel?
bmz

Singapore

#162303 Feb 8, 2013
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it Hashem/YHVH or Allah who supposedly spoke directly to Moses?
So, your God talks directly to mass murderers like Moses.
Speaks volumes about the nature of your God.
Many names have been given to God, so it does not matter.

Moses was not a mass murderer. And yes, God spoke directly with Moses.

Massive killings were carried out over centuries, for and in the name of the absurd Christian God, whatever it was and this a fact, which no one can deny!
bmz

Singapore

#162304 Feb 8, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus, God, spoke to Moses and not something called allah.
God spoke to the Jews from the clouds confirming Jesus as being favored by Him and to obey Him.
Another lie.

How silly and absurd it is to say that Jesus spoke to Moses!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162305 Feb 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, God CANNOT, because God is not a man.
God can beget only a God from a Godess.
Is that from one of the satanic verses in the koran? So, you are saying there are godess'? You see how mohammad came up with the satanic verses, he was backed into the corner and had to make up nonsense like you just posted. Who are these godess' you talk about allah having children by?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162306 Feb 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Moses was not a mass murderer. And yes, God spoke directly with Moses.
Massive killings were carried out over centuries, for and in the name of the absurd Christian God, whatever it was and this a fact, which no one can deny!
mohammad was a mass murder as is his followers to this day. One recent example of this mass murder by muslims is 9-11.
bmz

Singapore

#162307 Feb 8, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The first chapter of the Gospel of St John says Jesus is God and that through Him all things came into being. What do you think, some angel was with God in the beginning and all things were made through an angel?
The first chapter of John is absurd! There is no need to think. It is basically John's gibberish.

I don't see any truth in the gospel, according to John. Too childish!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162308 Feb 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Another lie.
How silly and absurd it is to say that Jesus spoke to Moses!
Jesus is God and thus it follows He spoke to Moses in the OT and spoke to him in the NT at Jesus' transfiguration.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162309 Feb 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

It does not necessarily mean that the names are synonymous with the same being.

It's possible, and it can be shown, that the different names of God are the distinct names of each individual being.

Don't get fooled by the appellation - God.

The word God can mean many things to many people and besides most importantly each being loves to style itself God.

How come the G-d of the Tanach differs in archetypal characteristics from the God (Allah) of the Quran?

Don't bring in the monotheism argument here as monotheism simply refers to the worship of one archetypal being to the exclusion of the others.

As such we read in the scriptures that a God of a particular book commands its human followers to only worship it and no other being - I am a jealous God!
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162310 Feb 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

Moses was not a mass murderer.
Moses was a murderer from youth.

He presided over many genocides and took part in numerous animal and human sacrifices.

Moses was a mass murderer and a sorcerer.

I see no difference among Moses, Mao, Hitler, Stalin - all of these were heavily into the negative aspects of the occult and were mass murderers.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162311 Feb 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

And yes, God spoke directly with Moses.
What a childish answer.

How do you know whether some archetypal being (styling itself as God) spoke to Moses or not?
bmz

Singapore

#162312 Feb 8, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that from one of the satanic verses in the koran? So, you are saying there are godess'? You see how mohammad came up with the satanic verses, he was backed into the corner and had to make up nonsense like you just posted. Who are these godess' you talk about allah having children by?
The point is that God is not a man to have a son.

Do not assign earthly relations to God. Yes, a man can beget a son from his wife but God cannot beget.

If you want to say that Jesus is the Son of your God, then you must accept that Mary was the Wife of God or the Concubine of God, with whom your God made love and produced Jesus.

It gets worse than this. Then you have Mary as the Goddess. lol!

So, stop this nonsense that Jesus is the Son of God. If you want to carry on saying that, then say the Mary was the Wife of God and we will still laugh at that Holy Family.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162313 Feb 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

Massive killings were carried out over centuries, for and in the name of the absurd Christian God.
Mass killings by Christians?- The misdeeds of the Church.

Jesus did not maim or kill anyone though he advocated violence at times and was, on the whole, a weak and powerless prophet.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162314 Feb 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

God spoke directly with Moses.
Really?

Could you share with me at least one truly original/profound cosmic teaching attributed to Moses?

All his teachings are too pedestrian and perverse, to say the least.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162315 Feb 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The first chapter of John is absurd! There is no need to think. It is basically John's gibberish.
I don't see any truth in the gospel, according to John. Too childish!
How many goddess are there and how many children by then did allah have? Doesn't the satanic verses say there are three goddess?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Aug 25 Ernie 117
Pagan community northern kentucky? (Nov '12) Aug 25 scorpion123 27
Reagan appointee sides with Wiccans: NM town mu... Aug 20 Kathwynn 5
Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Aug 13 Lady shay 8
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Aug 9 Kathwynn 11
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Aug 4 Emma 13
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••