Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 203,907

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#162276 Feb 7, 2013
JOEL wrote:
It'd have made no difference to the world at large had Jesus not been born. No great shakes about his teachings, deeds or personality. His mission was a colossal failure.
I suspect that the Islamotards applauded your post, which is odd considering that Mohammad expressed great admiration for Jesus.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162279 Feb 7, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on please Paul. Try your best. You do know that "john" was made up by a bunch of naive folks who made many errors tryingt to promote a flesh god word of mangod.
Please PROVE to US where Jesus claims he was God.
You know you can't.
Therefore, you are lying.
TRY AGAIN...
You even said the I was not a priest. Now prove to me you know more than me.
You have to respond quoting chapter and verse instead of escaping.
Come on Paul don't let the Church down!
You made a claim that BJ and/or Jesus said to Jews he was God.
Now prove it from your Gospels!
Go on, give us chapter and verse, so our Jewish posters can also respond!(PROOF NEEDED PLEASE)
I you can prove that BJ (let alone Jesus) claimed he was God, then we have no hesitation in saying he was nuts!(PROVE TO US!)
Neither Jesus nor BJ claimed there were GOD.
The Holy Quran has authority over your ramblings.
Your holy books written by 3rd/4th century pagans and non theologians has as much authority over me as do the Harry Potter books.
Your books have to be written many times by many people to make them look believable but they are works of fiction that fail to measure up to even Harry potter books.
Why do you force yourself on Hebrew Abraham, Hebrew Isaac and Half Hebrew Ishmael? What have they got to do with you? WHAT GIVES YOPU MORE RIGHT THEN HEBREW ISHMAEL?LOL..
Did they ever admit that you are linked to them spiritually?(PROOF NEEDED PLEASE)
Did you know allah never spoke to mohammad. mohammad talked to a spirit that a woman told him was gabrial. Don't have much there, hey fellow?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#162281 Feb 7, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
God's Catholic Church is familiar with the history of each book of the Holy Bible. This history can be found as a prologue to each book in many Bibles.
The Catholic Church gave us the Holy Bible; it is her book and she is its the guardian.
The "Problem" is Holy CAtholic Church came into existence in the Fourth Century of CE.

before that it was free for all! So how could the Holy Catholic Church undo which was already done.

They tried their best and muddled things more than they were earlier.

You said "prologue" to each book? Want me to read you for a few of those books?

How dumb you people get, one cannot fathom.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#162282 Feb 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I was pretty darn clear
You are truely an idiot
go play without someone else
Frijoles---The difference is that Halacha, as law is application,

HughBe--- The application that you speak of, is it legally binding? If so, what is meant by legally binding?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#162283 Feb 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not worthy of conversing with
see you later
YOU said, "Its all interpretation" so I take it that your sages were INTERPRETING "FICTION" or midrash. Brilliant of them.

Finally, your stories were meant for you to feel good and not to be transformative.

Excellent.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#162284 Feb 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I was pretty darn clear
You are truely an idiot
go play without someone else
Study what follows and LEARN what halakhah is.

"The root of the Hebrew term used to refer to Jewish LAW, halakhah, means "go" or "walk." Halakhah, then, is the "way" a Jew is DIRECTED to behave in EVERY aspect of life, encompassing civil, criminal, and religious LAW. "

http://www.myjewishlearning.com/practices/Rit...

Remind me of the BS that you spoke.

Read about YOUR FICTION/midrash.

"Midrash is an interpretive act, seeking the answers to religious questions (both practical and theological) by plumbing the meaning of the words of the Torah."

http://www.myjewishlearning.com/texts/Rabbini...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#162285 Feb 7, 2013
Frijoles, the Judahite---midrash is stories and homilies - much of it acknowledged as FICTION,

My Jewish Learning--"Midrash is an interpretive act, seeking the answers to religious questions (both practical and theological) by plumbing the meaning of the words of the Torah."

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#162286 Feb 7, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus told the Jews He was God. The first chapter of the Gospel of St John further proclaims Jesus is God.
That is a big lie, Paul. There is not a word from Jesus in story lines 1-15. Zilsch! Nada!

bmz

Singapore

#162287 Feb 7, 2013
@ ex-Father

Could you please let me know which verses of the gospels, irritated you most, when you were a Christian, ex-Father?

Thanks, ex-Father

bmz

Singapore

#162288 Feb 7, 2013
@ HughBe

Has the swelling of the thumb gone done, HughBe? Hope the pain is gone.

Have a nice weekend.

bmz

Singapore

#162289 Feb 7, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know allah never spoke to mohammad. mohammad talked to a spirit that a woman told him was gabrial. Don't have much there, hey fellow?
Allah spoke direct only to Moses.

With all others, through revelations and visions.

With the biblical Jesus, God never spoke with him.

Do you know why God did not speak to Jesus? You will not give an answer, so I will give the answer.

Jesus made a big mistake by obeying Satan, when he followed Satan for the trip. He should not have committed that great sin. That sin made God angry and that is why God never spoke with him.

And only today you come to know through me, why God did not respond, when Jesus shouted or cried out loud, "My God! My God! Why have you abandoned me?"
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162290 Feb 7, 2013
I hope Hugh's injured thumb turns septic and has to be surgically severed. He'll then be known as Thumbless Hugh.

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162291 Feb 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

Was it Hashem/YHVH or Allah who supposedly spoke directly to Moses?

So, your God talks directly to mass murderers like Moses.

Speaks volumes about the nature of your God.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162292 Feb 7, 2013
THE ISLAMIC HEAVEN - A murderer's paradise!
prasad

Guntur, India

#162293 Feb 7, 2013
i dont khow why chritians read the holy books by choosing only verses of the text. they are misunderstanding the holy books including bible by this method they should read the books as a whole and understand .
Jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#162296 Feb 8, 2013
CAN GOD HAVE A SON?

Why would He tell us that he can't have a son without a wife, yet tell Mary she can have a son without a husband because it is easy for Him?

SURA 6:100-101:
'Wonderful Originator of the heavens and the earth! HOW COULD HE HAVE A SON WHEN HE HAS NO CONSORT, and He (Himself) created everything, and He is the Knower of all things.' S. 6:100-101 Shakir

In Sura 19, Mary asks basically the same question when an angel comes to her and announces:

SURA 19:21:
'Mary asks: How can I have a son when I had no consort? Her question, "How can this be?", receives Allah's answer: "THIS IS EASY FOR ME!" (19:21)

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#162297 Feb 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Study what follows and LEARN what halakhah is.
"The root of the Hebrew term used to refer to Jewish LAW, halakhah, means "go" or "walk." Halakhah, then, is the "way" a Jew is DIRECTED to behave in EVERY aspect of life, encompassing civil, criminal, and religious LAW. "
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/practices/Rit...
Remind me of the BS that you spoke.
Read about YOUR FICTION/midrash.
"Midrash is an interpretive act, seeking the answers to religious questions (both practical and theological) by plumbing the meaning of the words of the Torah."
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/texts/Rabbini...
this shall be the last post to you for a while as you are going on my ignore list

but I wanted to make 2 points

1. Nothing I just said contradicts what you just posted.

2. Its moot because whatever I say you are going to argue - which is why I choose NOT to bother to respond to you. If you recollect, I told you earlier that I was responding to you in good faith that you would be interested in the topic. I was not interested in the latest version of Hughbe arguing against the world

Have a nice career here.

Dont bother to respond
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162298 Feb 8, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Have a nice career here.
LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#162299 Feb 8, 2013
Poor Thumbless Hugh.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162300 Feb 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
With all others, through revelations and visions.
With the biblical Jesus, God never spoke with him.
Do you know why God did not speak to Jesus? You will not give an answer, so I will give the answer.
Jesus made a big mistake by obeying Satan, when he followed Satan for the trip. He should not have committed that great sin. That sin made God angry and that is why God never spoke with him.
And only today you come to know through me, why God did not respond, when Jesus shouted or cried out loud, "My God! My God! Why have you abandoned me?"
Jesus, God, spoke to Moses and not something called allah.

God spoke to the Jews from the clouds confirming Jesus as being favored by Him and to obey Him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 18 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,389
Handfasting - Is it final, or can it be repeate... Oct 26 Kathwynn 2
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Oct 10 Liam R 3
Wiccan Arrested on Child Rape Charges (Apr '10) Oct 9 Lee County NC 46
I...(gulp) am a Pagan Agnostic Taoist Sep '14 Ol Fuddy Duddy 2
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... Sep '14 thetruth 21
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep '14 Kathwynn 14

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE