Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,615)

Showing posts 152,281 - 152,300 of193,470
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
No they thought he was calling for the prophet.
And no we are not going to do a retake on all the version, in all the old languages and bibleversions.
We did that twice allready.
Just because BMZ adheres to islam, does not mean he is wrong all the time.
So don't project your ignorance.
They wanted to stone Him for saying He was God.

John 10:33 "We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus should not have been sent to Satan at all. It shows that the Father was not sure about his alleged son. And the Father thought Satan was the best person to judge and certify Jesus fit for preaching.
The mother of all questions is: Why did Jesus obey Satan and went with him to the highest point of the temple?
Obeying Satan was his biggest sin and that is why his mission flopped.
If Satan comes to you and tells you to follow him, will you go with him?
Jesus was fully man and had to be tempted and not sin, to set an example for all of us that we too can resist the tempter and overcome him.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
No they thought he was calling for the prophet.
And no we are not going to do a retake on all the version, in all the old languages and bibleversions.
We did that twice allready.
Just because BMZ adheres to islam, does not mean he is wrong all the time.
So don't project your ignorance.
A broken clock is right twice a day.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Jews who wanted to stone Jesus heard Him say He was God.
No!

That is another lie. Jesus never said that.

Jesus was quoting Psalms 82. In order to understand what he said, you must refer to Jewish translations done by Jews for their own Scripture. You cannot trust Christian translations.

This translation in John 10:34 is very poor, ridiculous and perverted.

"Jesus answered,“It is written in your law that God said,‘I said, you are gods."

The actual translation is: "I said: Ye are godlike beings, and all of you sons of the Most High."

The story in John 10 is absurd and was written long after Jesus was gone to show some absurd divinity, which he never claimed.

I don't know how can you accept foolish statements from those, who did could not even differentiate between a godly person or a godly man or godlike AND God's Son.

God's Son simply means God's son. Why don't you write God's children as God's Children.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No!
That is another lie. Jesus never said that.
Jesus was quoting Psalms 82. In order to understand what he said, you must refer to Jewish translations done by Jews for their own Scripture. You cannot trust Christian translations.
This translation in John 10:34 is very poor, ridiculous and perverted.
"Jesus answered,“It is written in your law that God said,‘I said, you are gods."
The actual translation is: "I said: Ye are godlike beings, and all of you sons of the Most High."
The story in John 10 is absurd and was written long after Jesus was gone to show some absurd divinity, which he never claimed.
I don't know how can you accept foolish statements from those, who did could not even differentiate between a godly person or a godly man or godlike AND God's Son.
God's Son simply means God's son. Why don't you write God's children as God's Children.
The Holy Bible clearly says Jesus told the Jews He was God. And as usual you claim differently. Not surprising. But the Holy Bible has authority over your ramblings.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Show where God will judge one on the number of books in their bibles?
So you are seriously stating that for instance the lack of a redemption theology in words or allusions, does not make one iota difference?

That the impossibility of having a son...scratch that, you people jucked up the translation anyway. And that makes a huge difference for understanding.
You never ever even noticed something was amiss.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Bible clearly says Jesus told the Jews He was God. And as usual you claim differently. Not surprising. But the Holy Bible has authority over your ramblings.
It's normal to quote the vrsion of the bible you use.
'The holy bible' still leaves us a choice of 30 versions or something like that.

I do not know one that makes that claim.
So it's an interpretation, you learned somewhere.
John, by the way is allready theology, telling you what to think.

But i'm not going into a yes/no discussion. That's daft.

What happened to the level here.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Go on, give us chapter and verse, so our Jewish posters can also respond!
I you can prove that BJ (let alone Jesus) claimed he was God, then we have no hesitation in saying he was nuts!
Neither Jesus nor BJ claimed there were GOD.
The Holy Quran has authority over your ramblings.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Since you people have allready added,we are in a weird position.
Deuteronomy 4:2 “You shall not add to the word which I command you, nor take anything from it”(also Deuteronomy 12:32). The reason God is so adamant on this is because “The entirety of Your word is truth”(Psalms 119: 160).

"Add thou not unto His words, lest He reprove thee, and thou be found a liar" Proverbs 30:6.

In our day there is the belief in “progressive revelation” that originates from outside the Word. What right does anyone have to teach what is not in Scripture as if it is Scripture? False teachers do not want to submit to its original intent, so they do not seek what Scripture actually (exegesis) means, instead, they conform it to what they want it to mean (isogesis). They will look to another source as their authority because they are not under God’s authority. This is why Paul admonishes us in 1 Corinthians 4:6:“not to think beyond what is written”(exceed or go past). Why? So pride will not have an opportunity to operate and puff us up. It is pride that makes one participate in false doctrine which makes him spiritually destructive to himself and others who listen to him.

The reason God is so adamant on this is because “The entirety of Your word is truth”(Psalms 119: 160). Proverbs 30:5-6:“Every word of God is pure; he is a shield to those who put their trust in Him.”

If we look at the context it saying “Every word of God.” God is stating for MAN not to add to his words. Adding does not only mean additional words, but can also mean changing them to mean what they do not. When you add new words as equal to Scripture you are really taking away from Scripture.

In the book of Revelation which is prophecy completes the Bible, just as Genesis began the Bible, it states "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this Book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this Book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the Book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the Book of Life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this Book" Revelation 22:18-19.

Of all the books Revelation has the strongest warning as it has to do with the end of world system and the coming of the Lord to restore righteousness
----
So take yours and take it to heart for you cannot undo it.
But there is a reason the two should not appear together in print.
G-D said so. You miss the truth otherwise.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

KJV cambridge edition. source

But notice that also with the gospel books the new warning was included.

To make it sound like the real one.
To give it the same authority.
The torah and Tanakh were afterall already known in the greek and rest of the word.
And i think for that reason it took of in Syria first.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
There are absolutely evil spirits on topix
In the folk religion there are evil spirits and worse. Google dybbuk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dybbuk
The midrash (agudah)(stories) have reference to evil spirits as well. But that is not theology. The theologic (i.e. halachic)texts do not have this concept. Though the tanakh obviously has ghosts, but with no theological significance.
I am giving you the honest answer. We have discussed the implications of midrash vs halacha in the past, and you havent grasped the difference. I fear you will lift my answer out of context as usual.
HughBe---Are there evil spirits in your religion?

Frijoles--There are absolutely evil spirits on topix

HughBe--- And you know this personally.

HughBe---In the FOLK religion there are evil spirits and worse. Google dybbuk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dybbuk

HughBe--- explain the difference between "FOLK religion" and your religion.

Frijoles--The midrash (agudah)(stories) have reference to evil spirits as well. But that is not theology. The theologic (i.e. halachic)texts do not have this concept..

HughBe---I have read where the high priest burnt incense in the most holy place to quell EVIL spirits among other things. The word may not have been QUELL but that is the essence of what I read based on memory. In any event, the practice demonstrates the ACCEPTANCE of the existence of EVIL spirits and the need to do something about them. So how then do YOU make such a FALSE claim that it is NOT a part of your theology?

Given that midrash is the interpretation of the LAW, explain the midrash on evil spirits. What is it INTERPRETING?

Frijoles---Though the tanakh obviously has ghosts, but with no theological significance

HughBe--- No doubt there is no theological significance because it would shake the foundation of your religion.

Frijoles--I am giving you the honest answer. We have discussed the implications of midrash vs halacha in the past, and you havent grasped the difference. I fear you will lift my answer out of context as usual.

HughBe--- Correct me if I am wrong but midrash is interpretation whereas halacha is law. It is my hope that I have not taken your words out of context.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Bi-"girls"
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are seriously stating that for instance the lack of a redemption theology in words or allusions, does not make one iota difference?
That the impossibility of having a son...scratch that, you people jucked up the translation anyway. And that makes a huge difference for understanding.
You never ever even noticed something was amiss.
Jesus gave us the Catholic Church and did not hand out bibles. The Catholic Church under the inspriation of the Holy Spirit, thought it would be nice to preseve the writings and Scriptures used by the early Catholic Church. It is the Catholic Church that has been given the Keys of authority in the Kingdom of God tell Jesus returns to take them back. Only the Catholic Church has the Keys to unlocking the mysteries of the Holy Bible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
A broken clock is right twice a day.
I really don't care how many repetitions and ways you need to express your prejudice and ignorance and that you are an equivocator.

We all got it in one.
You're still doomed.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
It's normal to quote the vrsion of the bible you use.
'The holy bible' still leaves us a choice of 30 versions or something like that.
I do not know one that makes that claim.
So it's an interpretation, you learned somewhere.
John, by the way is allready theology, telling you what to think.
But i'm not going into a yes/no discussion. That's daft.
What happened to the level here.
Sacred Tradition preseves for us how the early Christians interpreted the Holy Bible, and we hold to this Sacred Tradition to keep us from being tossed about by every wave of false doctrine. It the koran does not measure up to the Holy Bible then it is to be rejected.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Go on, give us chapter and verse, so our Jewish posters can also respond!
I you can prove that BJ (let alone Jesus) claimed he was God, then we have no hesitation in saying he was nuts!
Neither Jesus nor BJ claimed there were GOD.
The Holy Quran has authority over your ramblings.
The koran has as much authority over me as do the Harry Potter books. It is a work of fiction that fails to measure up to the Holy Bible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus gave us the Catholic Church and did not hand out bibles. The Catholic Church under the inspriation of the Holy Spirit, thought it would be nice to preseve the writings and Scriptures used by the early Catholic Church. It is the Catholic Church that has been given the Keys of authority in the Kingdom of God tell Jesus returns to take them back. Only the Catholic Church has the Keys to unlocking the mysteries of the Holy Bible.
The extended Roman empire after it's demise gave you Jesus in the shape of a state-religion. And then an actual devil.
But i can work with that definition, though that's debatable.

Roman Catholic.
Right. But then you must be aware of THE ENCYCLOPEDIA.
Ever read it?
And of concepts like DOGMA, CATHECHISMUS(look up the latin. There must be a loan in english. Articles of faith.) and TENETS OF BELIEVE.
But that these are not facts in the normal material world.

Get the difference? The Vatican does!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Sacred Tradition preseves for us how the early Christians interpreted the Holy Bible, and we hold to this Sacred Tradition to keep us from being tossed about by every wave of false doctrine. It the koran does not measure up to the Holy Bible then it is to be rejected.
Knock, Knock?
Would that be the Douay Rheims version?
Or the Vaticanus.
Or the Alexandrian?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

"Go on! Ask the wife...they usually know where to look.'

Even if it's in a bible.

Did you not state Paul VW that you did not need any reading?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Early christianity would be the ODES of SOLOMON.
Just look it up, especially verse 19.
And than we go to the 4th century!
Even the church-history was written then, and does not match up with f.i. the Eastern church. Given the same start, all sources from the earliest on should match. Right?
Well they do not.

So once you are confronted with such things, you apply even more scrutiny.

So what you have is a book that has been reworked countless times, to make it the comfortable thing, you presume it to be now.
But as you state it did not start out like that.

Nice, to have at least that admission accomplished.
---
The koran is a different kettle. MUQ is more fun.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 152,281 - 152,300 of193,470
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pagan/Wiccan Forum right now

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... 32 min Richie T 50
Wiccan Threefold Law Is Overrated Tue ZenMama1 6
Paganism still suffering from wounds inflicted ... Tue PINCH11 3
Woman Injured in Wiccan Ceremony (Jul '08) Tue PINCH111 3
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Mon Jumper The Wise 70
Celebrate Spring With an Egg in Your Cocktail Mon Jumper The Wise 1
Two guilty of 'ritualistic' abuse (Dec '12) Apr 11 Jumper The Wise 404
•••
•••