Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 224828 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162255 Feb 7, 2013
JOEL wrote:
It'd have made no difference to the world at large had Jesus not been born. No great shakes about his teachings, deeds or personality. His mission was a colossal failure.
rabbee: hey just because you are a failure, in this second coming of Adam. does not mean i am, the failure that you thrice actually are aaagain. and all the same again people are not here, because your parents said so. you are all the exact same people here thrice again, because G-D said it so. to the third or fourth so visitations. so don't push your antiG-D, not luck too far.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162258 Feb 7, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You even said the I was not a priest. Now prove to me you know more than me.
You have to respond quoting chapter and verse instead of escaping.
Come on Paul don't let the Church down!
You made a claim that BJ and/or Jesus said to Jews he was God.
Now prove it from your Gospels!
Go on, give us chapter and verse, so our Jewish posters can also respond!(PROOF NEEDED PLEASE)
I you can prove that BJ (let alone Jesus) claimed he was God, then we have no hesitation in saying he was nuts!(PROVE TO US!)
Neither Jesus nor BJ claimed there were GOD.
The Holy Quran has authority over your ramblings.
Your holy books written by 3rd/4th century pagans and non theologians has as much authority over me as do the Harry Potter books.
Your books have to be written many times by many people to make them look believable but they are works of fiction that fail to measure up to even Harry potter books.
Why do you force yourself on Hebrew Abraham, Hebrew Isaac and Half Hebrew Ishmael? What have they got to do with you? WHAT GIVES YOPU MORE RIGHT THEN HEBREW ISHMAEL?LOL..
Did they ever admit that you are linked to them spiritually?(PROOF NEEDED PLEASE)
As soon as you’re backed into the corner you pull out your ace: "Oh, that verse is corrupt."

There are no scholars who say there are two different Jesus' as you claim there are; making your arguments foolhardy and nonsense to the intellectual.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#162259 Feb 7, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
God never approved your catholic church!
God only approves of His Catholic Church; founded on the rock of St Peter; who was given the Keys of authority in the Kingdom of God.
Alex123 aka WM

Chatteris, UK

#162260 Feb 7, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as you’re backed into the corner you pull out your ace: "Oh, that verse is corrupt."
There are no scholars who say there are two different Jesus' as you claim there are; making your arguments foolhardy and nonsense to the intellectual.
Come on please Paul. Try your best. You do know that "john" was made up by a bunch of naive folks who made many errors tryingt to promote a flesh god word of mangod.
Please PROVE to US where Jesus claims he was God.
You know you can't.
Therefore, you are lying.
TRY AGAIN...
You even said the I was not a priest. Now prove to me you know more than me.
You have to respond quoting chapter and verse instead of escaping.
Come on Paul don't let the Church down!
You made a claim that BJ and/or Jesus said to Jews he was God.
Now prove it from your Gospels!
Go on, give us chapter and verse, so our Jewish posters can also respond!(PROOF NEEDED PLEASE)
I you can prove that BJ (let alone Jesus) claimed he was God, then we have no hesitation in saying he was nuts!(PROVE TO US!)
Neither Jesus nor BJ claimed there were GOD.
The Holy Quran has authority over your ramblings.
Your holy books written by 3rd/4th century pagans and non theologians has as much authority over me as do the Harry Potter books.
Your books have to be written many times by many people to make them look believable but they are works of fiction that fail to measure up to even Harry potter books.
Why do you force yourself on Hebrew Abraham, Hebrew Isaac and Half Hebrew Ishmael? What have they got to do with you? WHAT GIVES YOPU MORE RIGHT THEN HEBREW ISHMAEL?LOL..
Did they ever admit that you are linked to them spiritually?(PROOF NEEDED PLEASE)
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#162261 Feb 7, 2013
That is not the real Alex, it's george whyte the indian. I came online only now. Please don't feed the troll.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#162262 Feb 7, 2013
MAAT wrote:
HB you are bound to get the context wrong...where is the context f.i.:)
Hit the mark or miss the mark. Easy to remember.
No duality as in good v. evil.
Peoples character are not defined by it.
You must strife to do better at hitting the mark.
Though Edomites did get on their nerves.
Maat---HB you are bound to get the context wrong...where is the context f.i.:)

HughBe--- My dear Maat, your strong affection for me has blinded you to the fact that I am not a Judahite or member of Judaism. So, your secret code "f.i" is appropriate for Frijoles but not me.

Maat---Hit the mark or miss the mark. Easy to remember.

HughBe--- I'll always hit the spot where you are concerned.

Why? Practice. Frijoles, Eric, Former et.al. will always miss the mark? why? it is not their habit but they will NOT miss Mark.

Maat---You must strife to do better at hitting the mark

HughBe--- There is no need for me to STRIVE to do it, it is my habit or custom.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#162263 Feb 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not familiar with your example. Could you provide me a reference so I know what you are referring to?
Frijoles--The midrash (agudah)(stories) have reference to evil spirits as well. But that is not theology. The theologic (i.e. halachic)texts do not have this concept..

HughBe---I have read where the high priest burnt incense in the most holy place to quell EVIL spirits among other things. The word may not have been QUELL but that is the essence of what I read based on memory.

Frijoles--I am not familiar with your example.

HughBe--- Please share the example that you are familiar with.

Frijoles---Could you provide me a reference so I know what you are referring to?

HughBe--- I read it on the Temple Institute site. Prior to your request I began my search for the exact page but I did not find it perhaps because I stopped too soon but it is there. Check a day in the Holy Temple or a year in the Holy Temple.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#162264 Feb 7, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
God only approves of His Catholic Church; founded on the rock of St Peter; who was given the Keys of authority in the Kingdom of God.
rabbee: i do not believe that G-D, approves of pedafile priests. when this indicates, something wrong with the church.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#162265 Feb 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect. Its all interpretation.
The difference is that Halacha, as law is application, while midrash is stories and homilies - much of it acknowledged as fiction, and not meant for application as law. Midrash is a different textual genre, and therefore has different uses, none of them to derive normative, universalistically accepted theology or canon.
Frijoles--I am giving you the honest answer. We have discussed the implications of midrash vs halacha in the past, and you havent grasped the difference. I fear you will lift my answer out of context as usual.

HughBe--- Correct me if I am wrong but midrash is interpretation whereas halacha is law.

Frijoles---Its all INTERPRETATION.

Frijoles---The difference is that Halacha, as law is application,

HughBe--- The application that you speak of, is it legally binding? If so, what is meant by legally binding?

Frijoles-- while midrash is stories and homilies - much of it acknowledged as FICTION, and not meant for application as law.

HughBe--- YOU said, "Its all interpretation" so I take it that your sages were INTERPRETING "FICTION" or midrash. Brilliant of them.

Finally, your stories were meant for you to feel good and not to be transformative.

Excellent.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#162266 Feb 7, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinion - doesnt add anything to this conversation
HughBe--- explain the difference between "FOLK religion" and your religion.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#162267 Feb 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles--I am giving you the honest answer. We have discussed the implications of midrash vs halacha in the past, and you havent grasped the difference. I fear you will lift my answer out of context as usual.
HughBe--- Correct me if I am wrong but midrash is interpretation whereas halacha is law.
Frijoles---Its all INTERPRETATION.
Frijoles---The difference is that Halacha, as law is application,
HughBe--- The application that you speak of, is it legally binding? If so, what is meant by legally binding?
Frijoles-- while midrash is stories and homilies - much of it acknowledged as FICTION, and not meant for application as law.
HughBe--- YOU said, "Its all interpretation" so I take it that your sages were INTERPRETING "FICTION" or midrash. Brilliant of them.
Finally, your stories were meant for you to feel good and not to be transformative.
Excellent.
I was pretty darn clear

You are truely an idiot

go play without someone else

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#162268 Feb 7, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- explain the difference between "FOLK religion" and your religion.
You are not worthy of conversing with

see you later
george whyte

Chatteris, UK

#162269 Feb 7, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
Peter was a liar and a coward. He did not go to Rome.
Paul is lying.
St Peter in Rome is a statue of a pagan character.
Satan cannot have key to heaven.
Christ called him Satan.
Peter was got rid of by Paul.
george whyte

Chatteris, UK

#162270 Feb 7, 2013
I am not the real Alex, it's george whyte the indian. I came online only now. Please don't feed the troll.
george whyte

Chatteris, UK

#162271 Feb 7, 2013
Christians Church people are liars.
They forced my Hindu relatives in India to become Christians so they could study free in Christian schools and convents.
They are now trying it on in Israel to convert Jews to Christianity before Jesus returns but we will not allow the Missionaries to lie to us.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#162272 Feb 7, 2013
bmz wrote:
My PROPHET never endorsed any absurd idea. He was extremely coherent and passed on the revelations exactly as he was told.
Of course your extremely coherent PROPHET never endorsed any absurd idea. It's his most devout and extremely incoherent followers who have endorsed absurd ideas, like jailing a teacher in Sudan for allowing her students to commit the "blasphemy" of naming a Teddy Bear "Mohammad," for example, or forcing school girls to burn to death in Saudi Arabia because they weren't following the Allah mandated dress code.

Yes, your PROPHET was PERFECT.(No one can deny this fact!) It's his "ignorant fool" followers who are the problem...
george whyte

Chatteris, UK

#162273 Feb 7, 2013
God did not mention catholics in the Holy Bible.
Christ laughs at catholics who lie about him every day.
Catholics worship a man as god.
We worship the god who made men like Isaac Abraham and Judah.
george whyte

Ilford, UK

#162274 Feb 7, 2013
It's not the real george. I am the real whyte. Don't feed the trolls.
george whyte

Ilford, UK

#162275 Feb 7, 2013
george whyte wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
Peter was a liar and a coward. He did not go to Rome.
Paul is lying.
St Peter in Rome is a statue of a pagan character.
Satan cannot have key to heaven.
Christ called him Satan.
Peter was got rid of by Paul.
Liar.
Muhammad was a liar and a coward. He did not have any contact with the real god.
Kaaba is pagan and so is the ritual performed by muslims.
Satan has the key to Mecca
Christ called Muhammad a false prophet
Muhammad is suffering in hell for eternity. Allah didn't save him

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#162276 Feb 7, 2013
JOEL wrote:
It'd have made no difference to the world at large had Jesus not been born. No great shakes about his teachings, deeds or personality. His mission was a colossal failure.
I suspect that the Islamotards applauded your post, which is odd considering that Mohammad expressed great admiration for Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sorry Witches, You Won't Be Able to Buy Spells ... Jun 23 Drake_Burrwood 1
News Illogical Religious Positions? Jun 15 Looney Tunes 1
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jun 14 Davglix 107
News Iowa woman to make history with nation's first ... Jun 12 MakesUBeGone 2
Jesus Christ, the Son of God Jun 5 Son of man 1
HELP Wicca Covens in my area! (Jun '09) Jun 4 isis 63
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Jun 2 Reason Personified 14,660
More from around the web