Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 214,673

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Read more

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#161871 Feb 5, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
St Peter was only talking about by whose authority one is baptized and not giving the fomula for baptism. He could say: "By the authority of Jesus Name, I baptize you:-In the Name of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.'"
Fortunately he did not say that. Acts 2 is quite clear. No trinitarian formula in there. The Church missed forging it.

Keep on spinning, Paul! That is what the lying Church did.

bmz

Singapore

#161872 Feb 5, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is about who/what allah is and not who Jesus is. Since islam lacks any substance the only thing muslims apologist can do is to try an discredit Christianity. Even if you could discredit Christianity, islam would still be an empty man made ideology and nothing more. It is a very carnal based philosophy with no redeeming qualities. Prove me wrong.
No one has to try to discredit Christianity. It does that itself very well. Nothing but lies and conjecture.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161873 Feb 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you hear that? Which God are you talking about? Your God or the God of the Jews and Muslims?
You said you follow the koran and mohammad ONLY. The koran is one version of the suppose dictation of mohammad of what a spirit said some suppose character allah told him to till mohammad. Sorry but that is not the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob; maybe it's some pagan moon god.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161874 Feb 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately he did not say that. Acts 2 is quite clear. No trinitarian formula in there. The Church missed forging it.
Keep on spinning, Paul! That is what the lying Church did.
And I am suppose to take the word of some unbaptized heathens word for that. Sorry, but once again you don't know what you are talking about.

How about how arius reformulated his Christology so that Constantine would let him go home? Constantine did not try to make any changes to the decision of the Council of Nicaea.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161875 Feb 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has to try to discredit Christianity. It does that itself very well. Nothing but lies and conjecture.
islam is the only ideology base on lies from the start; where it changes Isaac to ishmael for the oblation God asked of Abraham. islam has nothing. If Acts 2 is correct to make doctrine by then so is Genesis.

bmz

Singapore

#161876 Feb 5, 2013
MUQ wrote:
If Jews can follow their dietary laws then why Christians should also not follow them? Jesus did not abolish any of those laws.
That is very true, MUQ.

Jesus did not abolish any thing, not even an iota.

Jesus said, "What goes into a person's mouth doesn't make him unclean. It's what comes out of the mouth that makes a person unclean." "

He was defending his disciples, who did not wash their hands before taking meals.

He was teaching how to talk nicely, instead of hurting people. It was all about his disciples eating with dirty hands and in the end, he confirmed that to eat with unwashed hands did not defile a man. So, it was okay to eat with dirty or unwashed hands.

Salaams
BMZ

bmz

Singapore

#161877 Feb 5, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
And I am suppose to take the word of some unbaptized heathens word for that. Sorry, but once again you don't know what you are talking about.
How about how arius reformulated his Christology so that Constantine would let him go home? Constantine did not try to make any changes to the decision of the Council of Nicaea.
Many scholars, who have done research on the Great Contradiction between Acts 2 and Matthew 28, have concluded that the absurd line was inserted in Matthew 28:19 was ordered by Constantine.

Anyway, "in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost", is a forgery.

bmz

Singapore

#161878 Feb 5, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
islam is the only ideology base on lies from the start; where it changes Isaac to ishmael for the oblation God asked of Abraham. islam has nothing. If Acts 2 is correct to make doctrine by then so is Genesis.
Ishmael has nothing to do with all the pious fraud in Christianity. You can have Issac in place of Ishmael. I have no problem with that.

Under whose name did John baptise Jesus???
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161880 Feb 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is very true, MUQ.
Jesus did not abolish any thing, not even an iota.
Jesus said, "What goes into a person's mouth doesn't make him unclean. It's what comes out of the mouth that makes a person unclean." "
He was defending his disciples, who did not wash their hands before taking meals.
He was teaching how to talk nicely, instead of hurting people. It was all about his disciples eating with dirty hands and in the end, he confirmed that to eat with unwashed hands did not defile a man. So, it was okay to eat with dirty or unwashed hands.
Salaams
BMZ
Jesus was showing how silly and meaningless muslim dietary and washing rules are to God. You can do all these trivial things but if you don't have love of God and neighbor it's like a sounding dong signifying nothing.

bmz

Singapore

#161881 Feb 5, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The unbaptized heathens, the Greek philosophers gave you the Christian God, Paul. Be nice to them.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161882 Feb 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Many scholars, who have done research on the Great Contradiction between Acts 2 and Matthew 28, have concluded that the absurd line was inserted in Matthew 28:19 was ordered by Constantine.
Anyway, "in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost", is a forgery.
Once again, what's in the Holy Bible approved by the Catholic Church came from God. Any additions or editing was done by the Holy Spirit.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161883 Feb 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Ishmael has nothing to do with all the pious fraud in Christianity. You can have Issac in place of Ishmael. I have no problem with that.
Under whose name did John baptise Jesus???
Once again this thread is about allah, not Jesus. Who/what is allah? So far I am lead to believe he is a fictional character of islam. There is no evidence the koran was even dictated by mohammad. islam is based on a lie.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161884 Feb 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The unbaptized heathens, the Greek philosophers gave you the Christian God, Paul. Be nice to them.
We are nice to the heathen and pray that they will come to Jesus the Christ and be baptized, by authority of Jesus' Name, in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

bmz

Singapore

#161885 Feb 5, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
St Peter was only talking about by whose authority one is baptized and not giving the fomula for baptism. He could say: "By the authority of Jesus Name, I baptize you:-In the Name of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.'"
No, he could not even think of that. The problem is that you have not even really read your own New Testament.

Read this and tell me how can you dare spin anymore?

"Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. "

He did it again! The point is Matthew 28:19 IS A FORGERY.

bmz

Singapore

#161886 Feb 5, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, what's in the Holy Bible approved by the Catholic Church came from God. Any additions or editing was done by the Holy Spirit.
NO! There is nothing from God in the New Testament but everything from men.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161887 Feb 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he could not even think of that. The problem is that you have not even really read your own New Testament.
"Peter replied, "Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. "
There are no forgeries in the Holy Bible approved of by the Catholic Church. In the Name of Jesus the Catholic Church declares it free from all error.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161888 Feb 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
NO! There is nothing from God in the New Testament but everything from men.
You are confusing the Holy Bible with the koran.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#161889 Feb 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Knucklehead,
As usual, you are off-topic again. It has nothing to do with my post. I wrote this:
" Yes, that is true. It was a 4th Century forgery. This forgery was definitely introduced into Matthew, many years after the Council of Nicaea.
Matthew 28:18 falls under faith through forgery. IT CANNOT BE FOUND IN THE EARLIEST MANUSCRIPTS IN GREEK!!!
After the so-called Great Commission, where all the eleven were present, Peter, loaded up to his throat with the 'Holy Spirit' went and baptized people ONLY under Jesus' name.
Let us read Acts 2:
36 “So be sure of this, all you people of Israel. You nailed Jesus to the cross. But God has made him both Lord and Christ.”
37 When the people heard this, their hearts were filled with shame. They said to Peter and the other apostles,“Brothers, what should we do?”
38 Peter replied,“All of you must turn away from your sins and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then your sins will be forgiven. You will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 The promise is for you and your children. It is also for all who are far away. It is for all whom the Lord our God will choose.”
40 Peter said many other things to warn them. He begged them,“Save yourselves from these evil people.” 41 Those who accepted his message were baptized. About 3,000 people joined the believers that day."
Now, would you be kind enough to deplore the fraud and forgery in Matthews 28 after reading my post?
This is a very serious discrepancy. It shows clearly that the alleged Holy Spirit guided no one because it was the crooked Church which introduce 'in the name of the three'.
If Jesus had said that then why did Peter baptize only in Jesus' name?
This shows how the Satanic Spirit was lying to the Church fathers. You cannot put any spin on this.
Mental Blockhead,

http://carm.org/what-baptism-holy-spirit

The term "baptize with the Holy Spirit" occurs several times in scripture:

• Matt. 3:11, "As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
• Mark 1:8, "I baptized you with water; but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit."¯
• Luke 3:16, "John answered and said to them all,'As for me, I baptize you with water; but One is coming who is mightier than I, and I am not fit to untie the thong of His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire."
• John 1:33, "And I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, "He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the one who baptizes in the Holy Spirit."
• Acts 1:5, "for John baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now."
• Acts 11:16, "And I remembered the word of the Lord, how He used to say,'John baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit."
• Acts 19:1 While Apollos was at Corinth, Paul took the road through the interior and arrived at Ephesus. There he found some disciples 2 and asked them,“Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?”
They answered,“No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”
3 So Paul asked,“Then what baptism did you receive?”
“John’s baptism,” they replied.
4 Paul said,“John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” 5 On hearing this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6 When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied. 7 There were about twelve men in all.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#161890 Feb 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
Mental Blockhead,

Putting words into Jesus' mouth that he might not have ever actually uttered isn't limited to Christian "forgers."

Qur'anic baby Jesus delivered a sermon from his cradle, and this HAS TO BE TRUE, or else Muhammad is a false prophet, period.

No one can deny this fact.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#161891 Feb 5, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
My reference Judahite-- Judges 2:11 "And the children of Israel did evil in the sight of the Lord, and served Baalim:"
Study it.
Is the opinion of God of no value to YOU?
Why do YOU esteem the teachings of your rabbis ABOVE the words of God?
You know squat about my beliefs

and I suspect you know squat about your beliefs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 1 hr Lumatrix 14,488
Great News for Pagans (Feb '07) Mar 20 Gary Coaldigger 278
News In far-flung US territories, gay marriage hasn'... Mar 15 Belle Sexton 2
News Ex-Lawmaker Sued for Religious Discrimination (Jan '11) Feb '15 Hammer 4
News 'Monotheism inevitable but wasn't a break with ... Feb '15 Joe W 9
News A new guard for Asgard: Iceland building first ... Feb '15 freethinkradio do... 1
News Pastors agree: Being gay not a sin, Bible says ... (Jun '08) Jan '15 true fact 81
More from around the web