Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
151,621 - 151,640 of 199,488 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

From the Tanakh:
In these verses Jesus "the Son" is revealed.

Proverbs 30:4 (700 B.C.): "Who hath ascended up into heaven or
descended? Who hath gathered the wind in His fists? Who hath bound
the waters in a garment? Who hath established all the ends of the
Earth? What is His name, and what Is HIS SON'S NAME if thou canst tell?"

(Psalm 2:11-12) Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with
trembling.
KISS THE SON, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way,
when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put
their trust in him.

The Prophet Daniel see Jesus and called him the very name which
Jesus used "Son of Man", and declared that he would rule the earth:

"I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the SON OF MAN
(Jesus) came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of
days(Father), and they brought him near before him. And there was given
him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting
dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which
shall not be destroyed." (Daniel 7:13-14).

This is the very same "Son" who will rule God's earthly government:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the
government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be
called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and
peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his
kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with
justice from hence forth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts
will perform this." (Isaiah 9:6-7).
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

John Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
A Jew is a Jew is a Jew, and a Rabbi is Rabbi is a Rabbi. Why do you feel the need to contradict everything?
When I see misinformation and misreports, I quickly comment.

Any Rabbi, who accepts Jesus as the Messiah, is clearly not a real Jew.

The problem is that Messianic Jews aka the Christians call their fathers, Rabbis.

Messianic Judaism is actually Christianity trying to enter Israel through the backdoor. Centuries ago, the Church fooled the pagans and now, it is trying to fool the Jews in Israel but they remain alert.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

John Preacher wrote:
From the Tanakh:
In these verses Jesus "the Son" is revealed.
Proverbs 30:4 (700 B.C.): "Who hath ascended up into heaven or
descended? Who hath gathered the wind in His fists? Who hath bound
the waters in a garment? Who hath established all the ends of the
Earth? What is His name, and what Is HIS SON'S NAME if thou canst tell?"
(Psalm 2:11-12) Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with
trembling.
KISS THE SON, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way,
when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put
their trust in him.
The Prophet Daniel see Jesus and called him the very name which
Jesus used "Son of Man", and declared that he would rule the earth:
days(Father), and they brought him near before him. And there was given
him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting
This is the very same "Son" who will rule God's earthly government:
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the
government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be
called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and
peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his
kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with
justice from hence forth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts
will perform this." (Isaiah 9:6-7).
Again the same stuff. I believe I had addressed that.

No one would be more pleased than I, if you can show me anyone calling Jesus, called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace, in the gospel/NT texts and any Church.

It is an extremely twisted and distorted translation and I really do not know the Liars, who did it.

It is ridiculous and absurd.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why no one took up the challenge in past 1400 years? Does it not look to you as strange?
There is no point to make that challenge if a Muslim is unable to recognize the flaws on its own book, the Quran.

More or less this is the position of Muslims: Like a mum would say his son is perfect, good ect, while in reality any son has its strong and weak points, but for its mother he's perfect.

If a group of people present to the mother a child that is better than her own, she will keep saying her son is better, and point out the flaws of the other child.

It's just a waste of time. Moreover how long have you been here? People have showed you all the mistakes in Quran. Sometimes you gave good answers, other time that answers were not so convincing. In other cases you escaped from the questions, or just said Allah knows best when you were speechless in front of the evident mistakes.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text> As for Quran copying from Taurah and Injeel, let us listen to Quranic "Boast":
"Verily this Quran will explain most of the things on which these People of Book (i.e. Jews and Christians) have disputes..."
Not a small boast from a plagirized, riif raff, non chronologically arranged , book!!
What about the birth of Jesus that was taken from Infacy Gospels?
Allah confusing Gideon's story with Saul's one, and many others?
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Messianic Judaism is actually Christianity trying to enter Israel through the backdoor.
The Messiah is not a Christian concept, it is a Jewish one. God prophecied through David that he would be rejected by the Jewish heirachy:
"I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation(Yeshua-Jesus). The stone(the Rock of our Salvation) which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner. This is the LORDíS doing; it is marvellous in our eyes." (Psalm 118:21-23).

Prophet Isaiah also wrote that Messiah would be rejected by his own people:

"He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." (Isaiah 53:3-5).
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

No one would be more pleased than I, if you can show me anyone calling Jesus, called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace, in the gospel/NT texts and any Church.
Every Church sings praises to Jesus Giving him those very Titles, so to say that he is never called by those names is ridiculous.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Classic from a worthless clueless fool!
Ignorant fool,
There were no Hadith books for 350-500 years. We look at Hadith under the scrutiny of Qur'aan just like we look at the New Testament under the scrutiny of the Torah.
Please humour me more. I like Italian humour, Made in Italy!
You look at the Hadiths to understand what Quran is talking about.
Let's pick up one of the five pillars. The hajj. Give us references from Quran explains how to perform it.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

BMZ - look at this verse and tell me who is being given authority to rule the kingdom of God? It is the Son of Man-Jesus. I know you won't be able to answer, because you have a one word vocabulary-CORRUPTION! And the Jews can't deny that this scripture is the very Word of God.

days(Father), and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations,
and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
Hello, Link-copy-paste man
The silent majority of international readers know well that I construct some short posts to make a point.
You did not address my point and the question.
Did Jesus raise the pigs again? They belonged to others. Right? How could he destroy the stock of the poor farmers? Were they wild boars?
The point is that these are stupid, absurd and wild stories.
When Jesus had never said, "I am the Son of God", how the hell did the Demon know?
When the Church fathers could not find Jesus saying anywhere, "I am the Son of God", they fitted in in such absurd stories in the gospels, to show that the demons called him the Son of God, while the amn and people never said that.
And how can educated fools like you believe in those childish and absurd stories?
Mental Blockhead,

It isn't that you reject them as "stupid, absurd and wild stories," the point is that you repeatedly and deliberately MISREPRESENT the Gospel stories as written, making up your own preferred narrative as you go, which is why I call you a liar and a poor one at that; though you think yourself clever, you are the very definition of an "ignorant fool."

Moreover, you believe similarly "stupid, absurd and wild stories" that are in the Qur'an for no other reason than that they are in the Qur'an, and this because of your a priori assumption that Mohammad could not possibly have been an "ignorant fool" who recited damned nonsense that he heard in his travels but later attributed to Allah/Jibreel, such as baby Jesus delivering a sermon from the cradle and child Jesus' bestowal of life on clay birds episodes, not to mention the whole Satanic verses screwup wherein your "prophet" first commended the intercession of Allah's supposed daughters, and then repented, crying, "The devil made me do it!"

My guess is that the "silent majority of international readers" who even bother to read your posts agree with me that you are a mental blockhead.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think, the prophet's earliest disciples are from young and weaker members of society.
The elders and educated are "too puffed up" to listen to any New Prophet.
If you see the "Minor prophets as mentioned in Bible, you will appreciate what I wrote".
There is no fault of Jesus as he choosing the best of who hearken to his message.
These disciples were taught and trained by Jesus. If his mission would have been longer, he would have imparted much knowledge to them.
But seeing in the larger context, there was not much to be changed. Jesus did not bring any new religion. He and his disciples followed the law of Moses, which was almost complete.
A few things were to be changed , which he did.
Jesus knew and taught his disciples that a "New prophet whom the world is waiting far, shall come after him, and set every thing right".
The problem came when Christians under the influence of St. Paul tried to create a "new religion" and distanced themselves from laws of Moses. That was the problem because Jesus' teachings were not sufficient to start a new religion.
And then there was "character assassination" of Jesus' chosen disciples and negate their importance.
These Questions and answers between Jesus and his disciples are part of the training process and I find no fault in it.
Allah Knows best.
Salaam
MUQ
At long last I can actually thank you for something that you have written, and this regarding bmz of Singapore's trashing of Jesus' disciples, but do you honestly think that he will take correction from you or any other Muslim critic?

My bet is that you will find, as I have found, that bmz is "too puffed up" to be taught. You see, he already knows everything that there is to know about Jesus and his disciples and the Church and the Church fathers, etc, etc...
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Then it would be "all the easier" to plagiarise a zig zag, not chronological, riff raff of something in Arabic that can pass off as "Duplicate Quran".
Why no one took up the challenge in past 1400 years? Does it not look to you as strange?
So instead of describing all the faults of Quran, it would be easier to compose something "in a flash" would it not be?
So when we an expect a "New Quran" from you? In a few hours? A few days? A few months? A few years? Or next 1400 years?!!
As for Quran copying from Taurah and Injeel, let us listen to Quranic "Boast":
"Verily this Quran will explain most of the things on which these People of Book (i.e. Jews and Christians) have disputes..."
Not a small boast from a plagirized, riif raff, non chronologically arranged , book!!
Remember, the "Duplicate Quran" has to be written in Arabic WITHOUT diacritical marks so that readers are left to guess what the words actually mean until the scholars of ancient Arabic make a final determination. It also has to include as many historical and scientific falsehoods and logical errors and contradictions as the Original Quran for it to meet the challenge of producing a Quran "like it."
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

God clearly shows that it was his intention to make the unbelieving gentile nations his people as well:

"They (hebrews )have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God(idols); they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people(gentiles); I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation." (Deuteronomy 32:21).

"...I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people(gentiles), Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God." (Hosea 2:23).

Because the Jews rejected Christ God chose the gentiles/christians, but he did not forsake his people the hebrews, as the muslims say.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Dr. Barnabas,

http://quran.com/22/52-53

"And We did not send before you any messenger or prophet except that when he spoke [or recited], Satan threw into it [some misunderstanding]. But Allah abolishes that which Satan throws in; then Allah makes precise His verses. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.[That is] so He may make what Satan throws in a trial for those within whose hearts is disease and those hard of heart. And indeed, the wrongdoers are in extreme dissension."

By this declaration -or, "The devil made me do it!" defense- which Mohammad made to excuse his own screwup with regard to the supposed "daughters of Allah" whose intercession he commended and then revoked, Mohammad saw fit to not only accuse Allah of malicious INCOMPETENCE, but to also smear every other prophet of God who has ever walked the earth, and somehow it doesn't matter to Muslims that this is both libel and blasphemy.

What would "Jesus" of the Gospel of Barnabas think of Mohammad's "The devil made me do it!" defense?
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Keep preaching it Buford:
2 Corinthians 13:1 In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.
Moham-mad aka MadMo has no other prophet to back up his lying words. Therefore his words, according to Moses (Deuteronomy 17:6 and 2 Corith 13:1) can't be established. But every biblical prophet, is backed up by every other biblical prophet. So their words can be trusted. But Mohammads has no witness.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

If the Koran was admitted as evidence in a court of Law the Judge(God) would throw it out as Heresay. Because there is no one to support these Koranic allegations. NO WITNESSES. CASE DISMISSED, We the jury find in favour of the Bible. AT LEAST THEY HAD WITNESSES(PROPHETS)
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Ps. Don't try and claim our witnesses as yours, for you have already slandered their characters before the Judge by calling them false and corrupted, so you have no witnesses(Prophets)
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Sentence given: Hell. The Rich man finds himsef in hell and Jesus tells the story, of how the Rich man begs Abraham to warn his family that Hell is real. But:
Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead(like Jesus), they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead(like Jesus)." (Luke 16:29-31
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't YOU try your hand at it and write a "Newer Version" of Quran that beats the "old models".
That is WHAT this Quranic challenge is all about!!
Do not just stand on the road and pass useless comment, get active and order lots and lots of pens and ink and loads of papers!!
How much time it would take to pen down some thing as simple as Chapter 112 of Quran? A very short four verses....Try your hand at it and come up with some thing better!!
This short chapter, demolished the concept of Trinity, God's Son and God in flesh, and God taking Avatars and every other misconception and similes that any one can have about God.... can any human had do it?
Try and come with something snappier and better!!
You must not think much of the koran if you think I can do a better job at writing it. According to the koran a human being begins as a clot of blood, while scientific evidence shows that blood is not formed till the second week after conception. Looks like the koran is a big fail.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus himself say that he was God?
He did, but you will just say the Holy Bible is corrupt. The Jews were even going to stone Him for saying He was God!
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

John Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Every Church sings praises to Jesus Giving him those very Titles, so to say that he is never called by those names is ridiculous.
Even though, I am a Muslim, I have attended Church services. Besides 'Our Lord Christ and Son of God", I have not heard him being called the Wonderful Counsellor or the mighty God or the eternal Father.

May I ask why are you propagating this lie?

If Jesus is the mighty God or the eternal Father, then you do not need the silly and absurd Son of God and the ridiculous triune God.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••