Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
151,221 - 151,240 of 201,016 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
This must come as a complete shock to you..The Holy Quran does not promote any Muslim sect or something called "salafi" or even "gadafi"!
If Quran refers to "hand" (eg: action/might/will) or "throne" (power/sovereignty/kingdom) of god it does not mean to real hands or throne!
The noun here should be seen in terms of adverbial clauses adjectives, verbs etc.
Allow me repeat for clarity....
Just like you make up your own "god given" RC Church and bible, now you are making up your own strange "muslim"!!!!
Please LISTEN carefully instead of making up your own stories..
I am NOT an apostate.
Now back to my question...can you point out one REAL muslim who believes god has hands, eyes , brains and sex organse like your "lord BJ".
I believe your god BJ had brains, eyes, ears and SEX organs.
I can see that you are struggling with this concept of squeezing unlimited GOD into a limited man.
Everytime you refer to "jesus" you refer ONLY to a man but you refuse ditch him from your image of GOD.
We are not talking abut men or doves. Those are in YOUr "bible"!
We have no problem with forcing a man on GOD or vice versa.
GOD and man are not the same.
This is why I gave you the story of a HUMAN pig farmer who took on the form of a pig to die for the sins of pigs. I know the story may have sounded absurd and insulting but it was to make a point.
It insults both man and pig.
Similarly the story about NON HUMAN GOD taking on the form of human is an insult to both GOD and man.
You need to reflect on this before you eventually become a Muslim.
Please use this TEST ON ANYTHING...and IF A "THING" PASSES the TEST then THAT "THING" IS GOD:
*** GOD, The ONE and ONLY.
*** GOD, the Eternal, Absolute in existence, not temporal or conditional or not dependant on any person or thing, but all persons and things are dependant on GOD.
*** GOD begets not, nor is GOD begotten.
*** And there is none like unto GOD."
We can call the above - the touchstone of theology.
Any candidate to divinity must be subjected to this ‘acid test’ using the unique attributes of GOD, so that false gods and pretenders to divinity can be easily dismissed.
I am sorry BJ gets booted without a question as god.
Did you just pull this out of your hat or can I find this in the koran?:
"Please use this TEST ON ANYTHING...and IF A "THING" PASSES the TEST then THAT "THING" IS GOD:
*** GOD, the Eternal, Absolute in existence, not temporal or conditional or not dependant on any person or thing, but all persons and things are dependant on GOD.
Any candidate to divinity must be subjected to this ‘acid test’ using the unique attributes of GOD, so that false gods and pretenders to divinity can be easily dismissed."

If you pulled this from the koran we can dismiss it since you've not proven the koran is of divine origin. Once having satanic verses in it makes it most like from the devil.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

FAMOUS ALUM OF CATHEDRAL SCHOOL MUMBAI IN THE FIELD OF MEDIA/CREATIVE WRITING:

1) Salman Rushdie - His second novel, Midnight's Children, won the Booker Prize in 1981 and besides he’s more famous novel Satanic Verses that earned him a death fatwa that stands till this day.

2) Geeta Anand - For her work at the Wall Street Journal she shared in 2003 Pulitzer Prize for explanatory reporting that was awarded to the Wall Street Journal staff.[2] Anand is the author of the book The Cure,[3] which has been adapted into the film, Extraordinary Measures.

3) Fareed Zakariya - From 2000 to 2010, he was a columnist for Newsweek and editor of Newsweek International. In 2010 he became editor-at-large of Time. He is the host of CNN's Fareed Zakaria GPS.(His brother, Arshad, alum of Cathedral School, is Founder and Chief Executive Officer of New Vernon Capital, a New Jersey-based hedge fund started in 2004. It has approximately $3 billion under management and focuses on emerging markets, particularly India. Prior to forming New Vernon Capital, Mr. Zakaria was an executive vice president of Merrill Lynch & Co. and president, and later chairman, of its Global Markets and Investment Banking Group).

4) Nisha Pillai - She is one of the main news anchors with BBC World News.

and more...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Strange Unanimity:
1. Do you not think that this is a strange behaviour. While these different groups are hardly united on any other issue, the thing they are united on is that "Quran is false and Our prophet is a false Prophet"
2. And this is what Quran said "After Truth, what is left, but the falsehood"? And our prophet said "All these who reject Islam are one group" and we see that all Non Muslims unite when there is any dispute with any Muslim country.
3. So is this situation scary? And Muslims should feel afraid? By no means, it is for good of Muslims, it is high time for them to come back to Islam and unite and pose a united front to enemies of Islam.
4. Had the situation been different and some of these Non Muslims were backing and supporting Muslims, there would have been some room for doubt.
PS:
And actually this "unanimity" of all Non Muslim religions and religious groups against Islam, has guided some people to Accept Islam!!
They were amazed to see so much anti Islamic bias in these diverse groups, who do not agree on any single issue.
This strange behaviour told them that Islam must be right and all these religious groups are 'afraid" of Islam!!
Typical muslim nonsense playing hypocrite victimism by making things up.

Let's look what Atheists were supposed to say, according to MUQ:

"They say "All these religions are man made and served needs to some vested interests in their times, they might have saved some societies from disintegration in times gone by……we think most of these religions have served their purpose and have nothing to offer in our times….

But one thing about which we are 100 % sure is that Quran is false and Your Prophet is a false Prophet."

If Atheist said religions are man made and has nothing to offer, that means that all religions are false, prophets too. No reason to underline Islam.

What Christians were suppossed to say, according to MUQ:

"They say "While we are not sure who actually wrote these Gospels and we are not sure how St. Paul got access to Jesus and there are so many sects and denominations in Christianity and we do not know "for sure" which one has "Holy Spirit" inside them and we are not "United on Homosexuality, Abortion, Divorce and a few other burning issues…..

But one thing about which we are 100 % sure is that Quran is false and Your Prophet is a false Prophet."

A Christian say that Gospels were written by the four evangelists, only researchers doubt it. A Christian don't question how St, Paul got access to Jesus. A Christians would never question which denomination has the Holy Spirit in. A Catholic would say we have it, a Protestant would say we have it, ect.

What is not understandable is why you left out what Muslims think about other religions.

Muslims say we have 72 different sects, which one is true? Why we don't have the original manuscripts? Who wrote the quranic version we have? How accurate it is? Muslims don't agree whether or not Hadiths are tales or reliable stories about Muhammad life.

But one thing about we are 100% sure other religions are false and their prophets are false, expect the ones present in Quran too. We got their stories right, unlike other abrahamic religions.

Ect for the other religions.

Well, at least now we have 100% of unanimity.

In case some Muslims will say something about the Muslim section I wrote, well I just used the bad standards of MUQ.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Ethics being universal values are an independent field of activity and need not be tied to religion.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

ETHICS & ADAPTATIONS:

1) I've yet to hear of a particular ethic like say compassion being exclusively Jewish, Christian, Islamic, Buddhistic or Hindu.

2) Compassion, for instance, is a universal value that is independent of religion though the various faiths take up a universal ethic and color it according to the teachings of the book or prophet they follow. These are the various readings of a universal like compassion but is not compassion in its essence.

3) Even that grand doyen of compassion, the Buddha, gave compassion a sectarian twist by linking it to acceptance of Buddha (Gautam Siddhartha the Enlightened One), Dharma (Laws that uphold Existence but seen through the Buddha's personal lens) and Sangha (Buddhist church).

4) Compassion, in the essence, would be far more potent and free from all sectarian or personal limitations than any modification of it.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Everything, subtle or gross, is an aspect of Existence and so to use labels like Man-made and Divine where religious teachings/scriptures are concerned is foolish. To set up artificial distinctions means to create a rupture in the unified field of consciousness-energy that defines existence on all levels of the Manifestation. There can exist a gradation of teachings, that's all.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

JOEL wrote:
Ethics being universal values are an independent field of activity and need not be tied to religion.
rabbee: whose ethics? when it appears, each diverse group has their own set of ethics. and can even vary, from individual to individual within each diverse group. universal to you, does not make it universal to everyone else.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you just pull this out of your hat or can I find this in the koran?:
"Please use this TEST ON ANYTHING...and IF A "THING" PASSES the TEST then THAT "THING" IS GOD:
Any candidate to divinity must be subjected to this ‘acid test’ using the unique attributes of GOD, so that false gods and pretenders to divinity can be easily dismissed."
If you pulled this from the koran we can dismiss it since you've not proven the koran is of divine origin. Once having satanic verses in it makes it most like from the devil.
If you care to open your eyes, you will see those verses.
Wow....you are seriously brainwashed...and MUQ is 100% right about consistency and in attacking Islam as of the Devil and Evil, by those who carry books that are not very "godly"!

I am sure you believe that your "church" and "bible" are divine, despite every piece of evidence to the contrary!!

You know that "your lord god" the good old BJ was associated with evil and devil in the Gospels by the learned Jewish elders of the time.
Your "lord god" could not convince the people to whom he was sent!
Thanks to "honest" paul, "your lord" god has been sold as a god of gentiles!!

How can I prove that Quran is from God to a person who believes Satan is his god!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi.
Just got in.
Good wishes.
Welcome to the den of equity or inequity!Hope your break was productive.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do admit allah has two true hands, two true eyes, face and limbs? Are they carboned based?
When it comes to eyes, hands, face, limbs, sex organs and throne, your "lord god bj" is the CLEAR winner and I give you that.
Meaning: Allah has no such appendages!
Get it?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
If you care to open your eyes, you will see those verses.
Wow....you are seriously brainwashed...and MUQ is 100% right about consistency and in attacking Islam as of the Devil and Evil, by those who carry books that are not very "godly"!
I am sure you believe that your "church" and "bible" are divine, despite every piece of evidence to the contrary!!
You know that "your lord god" the good old BJ was associated with evil and devil in the Gospels by the learned Jewish elders of the time.
Your "lord god" could not convince the people to whom he was sent!
Thanks to "honest" paul, "your lord" god has been sold as a god of gentiles!!
How can I prove that Quran is from God to a person who believes Satan is his god!
That is just a copout. You can not prove the koran is divine.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>

Welcome to the den of equity or inequity!Hope your break was productive.
Hi!

I'm good, thank you.

Best Regards.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>

That is just a copout. You can not prove the koran is divine.
The words divine or non-divine are misnomers.

There's nothing like a divine or non-divine book or teaching since existence is unified and has gradations in the becoming/manifestation.

By putting in the word God or by adding some details about OBEs and the like in a book doesn't make it divine and the absence of these terms does not render a book non-divine.

Everything, gross or subtle, is a natural phenomenon.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical muslim nonsense playing hypocrite victimism by making things up.
Let's look what Atheists were supposed to say, according to MUQ:
"They say "All these religions are man made and served needs to some vested interests in their times, they might have saved some societies from disintegration in times gone by……we think most of these religions have served their purpose and have nothing to offer in our times….
If Atheist said religions are man made and has nothing to offer, that means that all religions are false, prophets too. No reason to underline Islam.
What Christians were suppossed to say, according to MUQ:
"They say "While we are not sure who actually wrote these Gospels and we are not sure how St. Paul got access to Jesus and there are so many sects and denominations in Christianity and we do not know "for sure" which one has "Holy Spirit" inside them and we are not "United on Homosexuality, Abortion, Divorce and a few other burning issues…..
A Christian say that Gospels were written by the four evangelists, only researchers doubt it. A Christian don't question how St, Paul got access to Jesus. A Christians would never question which denomination has the Holy Spirit in. A Catholic would say we have it, a Protestant would say we have it, ect.
What is not understandable is why you left out what Muslims think about other religions.
Muslims say we have 72 different sects, which one is true? Why we don't have the original manuscripts? Who wrote the quranic version we have? How accurate it is? Muslims don't agree whether or not Hadiths are tales or reliable stories about Muhammad life.
But one thing about we are 100% sure other religions are false and their prophets are false, expect the ones present in Quran too. We got their stories right, unlike other abrahamic religions.
Ect for the other religions.
Well, at least now we have 100% of unanimity.
In case some Muslims will say something about the Muslim section I wrote, well I just used the bad standards of MUQ.
The ONLY sensible part of your post is "What Muslims say about other religions"?

Muslims say that all major world religions in the beginning were brought by the Prophets of God and they all preached the same basic message:

"Worship only One True Lord of this Universe, and do not make associate and partners in His worship and shun idol worship and worshipping false gods. Follow me and do good deeds so you are successful in the hereafter".

This is the basic teachings of all prophets of God and this is what is "Islam" in a nutshell.

But the followers of these prophets changed and corrupted the original message and got divided into different names and sects.

These names like Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism etc are chosen by the followers and not a single one was given by their Prophet.

Moses never hard the word Judaism in his whole life.

Jesus never heard the word Christianity in his entire life (No one ever called him Jesus or Emmanuel is another matter)

Buddha never heard the word Buddhism in his entire life.

And no prophet of ancient India heard the word Hinduism in their life time.

So Islam is the only true religion on the face of this earth and that is to what we Muslims invite everyone.

And that is WHY all these people who follow their own made religions have become enemies of islam and Muslims.

Got it?
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Get me a Muslim site with explanation from Muslims please instead giving links to poison sites that we have covered over and over.
Also need the exact verse in the Quran
Thank you.
I guess you just don't like me speaking the truth about the lying
deceiving Allah. Here's the proof, if you don't like it tough! Allah is the most DECEITFUL Sura 3:54 and in Sura 30:8 Let the truth be known to all!!!
Here is another site quoting Koranic verses where Mohammad himself calls Allah a deceiver and one who leads people astray, ie. Satan the greatest deceiver of all.
www.backend.ai-deutschland.de/authors/shamoun...
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely brilliant two posts brother.
What you modestly suggest as ......
"this "unanimity" of all Non Muslim religions and religious groups against Islam, has guided some people to Accept Islam!!"....
..should in my humble opinion read....
"this "unanimity" of all Non Muslim religions and religious groups against Islam, has guided MANY people to Accept Islam!!"
It describes Ex-Christians like me plus many I personally know who have embraced Islam.
Islam is the ONLY true religion if you claim that you believe in ONE God.
Ofocurse, people are at liberty to completely deny God and they may even be right, but if you profess to believe in ONE God, then Islam is the ONLY answer.
Salaams.
Thank you brother for appreciation.

I stand corrected!!

I knew of a "some cases" due to my limited knowledge and exposure. You come from the background and you have more information.

I wish that we meet in the Hereafter as Friends going to Paradise. Amen

Salaam

MUQ
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

"Healing means to make whole."

- Dr. Joel Kreisberg, Teleosis Institute
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
The words divine or non-divine are misnomers.
There's nothing like a divine or non-divine book or teaching since existence is unified and has gradations in the becoming/manifestation.
By putting in the word God or by adding some details about OBEs and the like in a book doesn't make it divine and the absence of these terms does not render a book non-divine.
Everything, gross or subtle, is a natural phenomenon.
It is of divine origin if God, Himself, was the author of the book. God has given us the Catholic Church with the authority, through the Keys given St Peter, to discern what works are of divine origin.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY sensible part of your post is "What Muslims say about other religions"?
Muslims say that all major world religions in the beginning were brought by the Prophets of God and they all preached the same basic message:
"Worship only One True Lord of this Universe, and do not make associate and partners in His worship and shun idol worship and worshipping false gods. Follow me and do good deeds so you are successful in the hereafter".
What the Muslims say can keep for themselves if they can't bring any evidence.

Who made you sure the true god said worship him? If god really exist, doesn't need to be worshipped, nor does promise an eternal brothel in heaven.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>This is the basic teachings of all prophets of God and this is what is "Islam" in a nutshell.
What sense does it make to believe in your own made up story and tell to others they are wrong or they have distorted the message?
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text> But the followers of these prophets changed and corrupted the original message and got divided into different names and sects.
In fact, let's not forget Islam is divided into 72 or 73 sects. I guess this is an unaware admission from you that Islam has changed and corrupted the original message.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>These names like Judaism, Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism etc are chosen by the followers and not a single one was given by their Prophet.
Moses never hard the word Judaism in his whole life.
Jesus never heard the word Christianity in his entire life (No one ever called him Jesus or Emmanuel is another matter)
Buddha never heard the word Buddhism in his entire life.
And no prophet of ancient India heard the word Hinduism in their life time.
Two things. It doesn't really matter whether or not those prophets have ever heard words like Buddhism, Induism, Christianity ect.

In the other hand, don't forget that these so called prophet never heard of something called Islam.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>So Islam is the only true religion on the face of this earth and that is to what we Muslims invite everyone.
And that is WHY all these people who follow their own made religions have become enemies of islam and Muslims.
Anyone who profess a religion thinks its religion is the only true one. Out of this subjectivism you have brought nothing, as your post shows it.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text> Got it?
I got that you are making things up.
Mengal

Karachi, Pakistan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Muahmmad Imran,

Q. What is Islam ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••