Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 203,542

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#160851 Jan 30, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
Al-EX the Phallo-Mohammad-centric,
Monotheistic Religions
Religions Accepting the Existence of the Single God
http://altreligion.about.com/od/mythologicalf...
Judaism
Judaism is the original Abrahamic faith. It posits the existence of a single all-powerful, indivisible god. Jews address their god by a variety of names, including "God."
Christianity
Christianity also believes in a single all-powerful god, but most Christians believe the essence of God is divided into Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and that the Son took mortal form in the shape of Jesus, born to a Jewish woman named Mary. The most common term for the Christian deity is "God."
Islam
Muslims hold that their god is also the god of Jews and Christians, and they recognize the prophets of those religions as also prophets of theirs. Like Jews, the Islamic view of god is indivisible. Thus, while they accept jesus as a prophet, they do not accept him as a god or part of god. Muslims commonly call their deity Allah, although they sometimes anglicize it to "God."
Baha'i Faith
Baha'is believe that God is indivisible. However, he periodically sends down manifestations to communicate his will to humanity. These manifestations possess the knowledge of God and are "as God" to humans, but they are not actually pieces of God. They believe these manifestations have appeared in any religions across the world. Baha'is commonly refer to their deity as Allah or God.
Rastafari Movement
Rastas commonly address their god as Jah, short for the Jewish name YHWH, which is sometimes pronounced Yahweh or Jehovah by non-Jews.(Jews never utter that name, considering it the unpronounceable name of God.) Jah's follow the Christian belief that Jah has incarnated himself on earth. They accept Jesus as one incarnation but also add Haile Selassie as a second incarnation.
Zoroastrianism
The deity of Zoroastrianism is Ahura Mazda. He is indivisible. However, a variety of emanations descend from him, which represent various aspects of him. Zoroastrianism is not an Abrahamic religion, developing independently of Abrahamic mythology.
Sikhism
Sikhs call their god by a variety of names, but the most common is Waheguru. They accept that a variety of religions follow this deity by different names. Sikhs put more emphasis on the concept of Waheguru being a part of the universe itself, rather than being separate from it.
Vodou
Vodouisants accept the existence of a single god called Bondye. Bondye is a single, indivisible god who works his will on earth through spirits known as lwa or loa.
Eckankar
ECKists believe every human soul is a fragment of a single god, and their religious practices center or self-realization and understanding in order in regain awareness of that divine nature of the soul.
Tenrikyo
Tenrikyo teaches that humanity is the metaphorical child of God the Parent, Tenri-O-no-Mikoto. God the Parent desires humanity to live joyous, optimistic and caring lives. Tenrikyo developed within a polytheistic culture, however, so some older documents give the impression that Tenrikyo is polytheistic.
I don't need cut and paste of "world religions" as I am quite knowledgeable on the matter.

Ofcourse, people are at liberty to completely deny God and THEY MAY EVEN BE RIGHT, but if you profess to believe in ONE God, then Islam is the ONLY answer.
Thank you.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160852 Jan 30, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see that you are struggling with this concept of squeezing unlimited GOD into a limited man.
Everytime you refer to "jesus" you refer ONLY to a man but you refuse ditch him from your image of GOD.
We are not talking abut men or doves. Those are in YOUr "bible"!
We have no problem with forcing a man on GOD or vice versa.
GOD and man are not the same.
This is why I gave you the story of a HUMAN pig farmer who took on the form of a pig to die for the sins of pigs. I know the story may have sounded absurd and insulting but it was to make a point.
It insults both man and pig.
Similarly the story about NON HUMAN GOD taking on the form of human is an insult to both GOD and man.
You need to reflect on this before you eventually become a Muslim.
Peace.
Does allah have a brain? Eyes? Ears? Anxiously waiting your reply.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#160853 Jan 30, 2013
LEt me also add...nearest to Islam on the matter is Judaism.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#160854 Jan 30, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe your god BJ had brains, eyes, ears and SEX organs.
Let me remind you...
I can see that you are struggling with this concept of squeezing unlimited GOD into a limited man.
Everytime you refer to "jesus" you refer ONLY to a man but you refuse ditch him from your image of GOD.
This is why I gave you the story of a HUMAN pig farmer who took on the form of a pig to die for the sins of pigs. I know the story may have sounded absurd and insulting but it was to make a point.
Similarly the story about NON HUMAN GOD taking on the form of human is an insult to both GOD and man.

USE THIS TEST ON ANYTHING...AND IF A "THING" PASSES THE TEST THEN THAT "THING" IS GOD:

*** GOD, The ONE and ONLY.

*** GOD, the Eternal, Absolute in existence, not temporal or conditional or not dependant on any person or thing, but all persons and things are dependant on GOD.

*** GOD begets not, nor is GOD begotten.

*** And there is none like unto GOD."

We can call the above - the touchstone of theology.
Any candidate to divinity must be subjected to this Ďacid testí using the unique attributes of GOD, so that false gods and pretenders to divinity can be easily dismissed.

I am sorry BJ gets booted without a question as god.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#160855 Jan 30, 2013
USE THIS TEST ON ANYTHING...AND IF A "THING" PASSES THE TEST THEN THAT "THING" IS GOD:

*** GOD, the Eternal, Absolute in existence, not temporal or conditional or not dependant on any person or thing, but all persons and things are dependant on GOD.

Any candidate to divinity must be subjected to this Ďacid testí using the unique attributes of GOD, so that false gods and pretenders to divinity can be easily dismissed.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#160856 Jan 30, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
LEt me also add...nearest to Islam on the matter is Judaism.
Its a matter of perspective. To a Jewish theologian, nearest to Judaism on this matter is Islam.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160857 Jan 30, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me remind you...
Once again:

If you can't answer this question I can tell you muslims say he does have a face, hands and other limbs, but I don't think they say he has a brain.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#160858 Jan 30, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a matter of perspective. To a Jewish theologian, nearest to Judaism on this matter is Islam.
I fully appreciate what you say and have no disagreement on the issue.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#160859 Jan 30, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again:
If you can't answer this question I can tell you muslims say he does have a face, hands and other limbs, but I don't think they say he has a brain.
You must be speaking to some strange Muslims Paul WV.
I am a Muslim and I am saying this to you. Why can't you accept what I say?
Who are these expert Muslims?

I for the sake of completeness I have to repeat..

Please use this TEST ON ANYTHING...and IF A "THING" PASSES the TEST then THAT "THING" IS GOD:

Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160860 Jan 30, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be speaking to some strange Muslims Paul WV.
I am a Muslim and I am saying this to you. Why can't you accept what I say?
Who are these expert Muslims?
I for the sake of completeness I have to repeat..
Please use this TEST ON ANYTHING...and IF A "THING" PASSES the TEST then THAT "THING" IS GOD:
You must be an apostate muslim for muslims believe allah has "two real eyes, two real hands, a real face and other limbs." Other limbs? Does he have six arms maybe? muslims also believe allah is sitting on a throne above the sky.
truth

Perth, Australia

#160861 Jan 30, 2013
ah i can fill..
is first commandment is
be productive
is that replace your word .e3x
why you interesting..purity is within soul..pleasure is alwayes pleasure its human desire from real Creator.
Depend what you want..pure soul or any divinity..is that for sell to whom?

no can't be for sell
truth

Perth, Australia

#160862 Jan 30, 2013
its deference
in thinking and aproching
as well to know something

what you will choose for yourself
sseed from pure soul or something deference
regarding pleasure
anybody can think or do what so ever..
but soul pure soul is deference..you can't have that.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#160863 Jan 30, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be an apostate muslim for muslims believe allah has "two real eyes, two real hands, a real face and other limbs." Other limbs? Does he have six arms maybe? muslims also believe allah is sitting on a throne above the sky.
Just like you make up your own "god given" RC Church and bible, now you are making up your own strange "muslim"!!!!
Please LISTEN carefully instead of making up your own stories..
I am NOT an apostate.
Now back to my question...can you point out one REAL muslim who believes god has hands, eyes , brains and sex organse like your "lord BJ".
I am waiting....

For the sake of completeness I shall repeat what I said before...

Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160864 Jan 30, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like you make up your own "god given" RC Church and bible, now you are making up your own strange "muslim"!!!!
I am NOT an apostate.
Now back to my question...can you point out one REAL muslim who believes god has hands, eyes , brains and sex organse like your "lord BJ".
I am waiting....
For the sake of completeness I shall repeat what I said before...
Are you saying the salafis are not muslims? The koran agrees with them so you must be a heretic.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#160865 Jan 30, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to eyes, hands, face, limbs, sex organs and throne, your "lord god bj" is the CLEAR winner and I give you that.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#160866 Jan 30, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying the salafis are not muslims? The koran agrees with them so you must be a heretic.
This must come as a complete shock to you..The Holy Quran does not promote any Muslim sect or something called "salafi" or even "gadafi"!
If Quran refers to "hand" (eg: action/might/will) or "throne" (power/sovereignty/kingdom) of god it does not mean to real hands or throne!
The noun here should be seen in terms of adverbial clauses adjectives, verbs etc.

Allow me repeat for clarity....

I am NOT an apostate.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#160867 Jan 30, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>

Welcome, back!

Where have you been?

Hope all is well with you.

Cheers
Hi.

Just got in.

Good wishes.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160868 Jan 30, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to eyes, hands, face, limbs, sex organs and throne, your "lord god bj" is the CLEAR winner and I give you that.
So you do admit allah has two true hands, two true eyes, face and limbs? Are they carboned based?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160869 Jan 30, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
This must come as a complete shock to you..The Holy Quran does not promote any Muslim sect or something called "salafi" or even "gadafi"!
If Quran refers to "hand" (eg: action/might/will) or "throne" (power/sovereignty/kingdom) of god it does not mean to real hands or throne!
The noun here should be seen in terms of adverbial clauses adjectives, verbs etc.
I am NOT an apostate.
So you say, that is not what the salafi muslims say. Are you a heretic or using a different koran?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160870 Jan 30, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am NOT an apostate.
Did you just pull this out of your hat or can I find this in the koran?:
"Please use this TEST ON ANYTHING...and IF A "THING" PASSES the TEST then THAT "THING" IS GOD:
Any candidate to divinity must be subjected to this Ďacid testí using the unique attributes of GOD, so that false gods and pretenders to divinity can be easily dismissed."

If you pulled this from the koran we can dismiss it since you've not proven the koran is of divine origin. Once having satanic verses in it makes it most like from the devil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Oct 10 Liam R 3
Wiccan Arrested on Child Rape Charges (Apr '10) Oct 9 Lee County NC 46
I...(gulp) am a Pagan Agnostic Taoist Sep 28 Ol Fuddy Duddy 2
Respecting belief: why should you? And why shou... Sep '14 thetruth 21
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep '14 Kathwynn 14
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep '14 Kathwynn 503
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug '14 Only1Likeme212 347

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE