Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
151,141 - 151,160 of 199,498 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Now, why would Allah allow that a prophet should speak damned lies one day, and then the unvarnsihed truth the next day?

IOW, why would Allah deliberately CONFUSE us?

1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

IOW, Muslims, your "prophet" was trying to cover his own accomodating ass, and he didn't mind throwing every other prophet of God under the bus in the process, which makes him a coward, AT LEAST.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

CORRECTION:

Now, why would Allah allow that a prophet should speak damned lies one day, and then the UNVARNISHED truth the next day?

1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

IOW, Muslims, your "prophet" was trying to cover his own accomodating ass, and he didn't mind throwing every other prophet of God under the bus in the process, which makes him a coward, AT LEAST.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Muslims,

I would ask you to cite an instance or instances in the Tanakh or Injeel where "Satan" threw in some misunderstanding that was later corrected by that SAME prophet, or ANOTHER (excluding Mohammad, because he is himself compromised). Was Moses so afflicted? What about Isaiah? Jeremiah? Micah? Habakkuk? Jesus?

I want chapter(s) and verse(s), please.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

TURD,

I want chapter(s) and verse(s), please.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Now, why would Allah allow that a prophet should speak damned lies one day, and then the UNVARNISHED truth the next day?

Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

http://quran.com/22/52-53

And We did not send before you any messenger or prophet except that when he spoke [or recited], Satan threw into it [some misunderstanding]. But Allah abolishes that which Satan throws in; then Allah makes precise His verses. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.

[That is] so He may make what Satan throws in a trial for those within whose hearts is disease and those hard of heart. And indeed, the wrongdoers are in extreme dissension.

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

TURD,

Try a changeup.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

TURD,

Posting from a different IP won't win you any brownie points with Mohammad. He wants you to behead me because I have "hurt" his cause.

Are you up to the challenge?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

CORRECTION:

TURD,

Posting from a different IP ADDRESS won't win you any brownie points with Mohammad. He wants you to behead me because I have "hurt" his cause.

Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

I know that Muslims aren't allowed to think, because this could lead to apostasy. It's just that it would be nice for a change to actually discuss questions about where Mohammad clearly GOT IT WRONG.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

TURD,

Posting from a different IP ADDRESS won't win you any brownie points with Mohammad. He wants you to behead me because I have "hurt" his cause.

Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

http://quran.com/22/52-53

And We did not send before you any messenger or prophet except that when he spoke [or recited], Satan threw into it [some misunderstanding]. But Allah abolishes that which Satan throws in; then Allah makes precise His verses. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.

[That is] so He may make what Satan throws in a trial for those within whose hearts is disease and those hard of heart. And indeed, the wrongdoers are in extreme dissension.

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

I know that Muslims aren't allowed to think, because this could lead to apostasy. It's just that it would be nice for a change to actually discuss questions about where Mohammad clearly GOT IT WRONG.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Muslims,

I would ask you to cite an instance or instances in the Tanakh or Injeel where "Satan" threw in some misunderstanding that was later corrected by that SAME prophet, or ANOTHER (excluding Mohammad, because he is himself compromised). Was Moses so afflicted? What about Isaiah? Jeremiah? Micah? Habakkuk? Jesus?

I want chapter(s) and verse(s), please
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

TURD,

JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Salman Rushdie - alum of Cathedral School, Mumbai.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You on an islamic forum. Do you worship allah, that is what this thread is about.
What turnip truck did you just get off of?

There are multiple ways to access ANY thread on Topix. For all you know I am on the Pagan forum.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that this thread appears on a number of Topix Forums. I see it on the Judaism Forum, as Frijoles probably does also. It is on the Pagan/Wiccan forum. It is on the Islamic Forum. Also the Islamic, General Science, Archeology, Anthropology, General Religion, and Catholic Forums. You probably see it on the last one.
Ahhh you beat me to it....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••