Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,557)

Showing posts 151,121 - 151,140 of198,579
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know people still follow him or his network. And I thought he hated Catholics.
Sensible folks are now keeping miles away from his sty.

I believe he hates all Christians, who do not help him with money and loves only rich Christians.

I have heard the donations are picking up again. There must be many Jesus freaks like him, who are helping him.

If Jesus had met him, he would have tied three millstones to his neck and would have thrown him off the Niagara falls.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Yet Another Imam finds Jesus is the way:
www.youtube.com/watch...
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know people still follow him or his network. And I thought he hated Catholics.
Sorry, forgot to add:

Self-loathers and lying sinners cannot love anyone.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Watch Faisal Malick's conversion testimony on Sid Roth- Its Supernatural, Praise God for revealing himself to muslims, only he could change their minds, because they think they have all the answers and they refuse to listen to the wisdom of men. But when Jesus reveals himself, their eyes are opened to his glorious truth:
www.youtube.com/watch...
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have nothing else resort to ad hominem.
So where did the Holy Bible come from?
Which holy Bible are you asking about?

The Jewish Bible or the Catholic Bible or the Protestant's Bible?

The Holy Spirit played out the Catholics and helped the Protestants to cut it down to 66 books.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Good night all!

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sensible folks are now keeping miles away from his sty.
I believe he hates all Christians, who do not help him with money and loves only rich Christians.
I have heard the donations are picking up again. There must be many Jesus freaks like him, who are helping him.
If Jesus had met him, he would have tied three millstones to his neck and would have thrown him off the Niagara falls.
Sensible folks never did keep company with him. Think about it....

The real issue is that the evangelical right wing in this country is now a "has been". The last election demonstrated that - or more specifically - the primaries to the last election.

One is just as likely to be a liberal evangelical these days than a conservative evangelical.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Joseph Smith is a Christian, so deal with him. To me, all Christian books are full of lies.
I am sure his book is better than your Bible. Please choose his book. lol!
His book comes from the Holy Bible. He did not have to claim the Holy Bible corrupt, like islam has to do.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not muslim so no need to drivelate to me on that topic.
I have no reason to believe, or desire to accept on faith, that you are a source of any authority. Source of opinions, certainly. But not authority. Ditto for your church.
You on an islamic forum. Do you worship allah, that is what this thread is about.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There were no Satanic verses. Qur'aan has no place for Satanic verses, only the New Testament has.
This absurd story, like many absurd stories of the New Testament came from Ibn Ishaq, who was a cocktail of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
And Satanic minds like Sir William Muir and other hardcore Christian missionaries brought it up and named them Satanic verses.
Read Surah 53. It is still there. Even a buffoon can read and understand it.
Satanic Verses must stand on their own and Satan's message would be loud and clear. I will give you the best example of a Satanic Verse and here it is:
"In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God."
That was Satan in the beginning with God. What can be more Satanic than John 1:1-3?
The satanic verses were removed from the koran meaning the koran is not of divine origin and thus allah is a fictional character.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Which holy Bible are you asking about?
The Jewish Bible or the Catholic Bible or the Protestant's Bible?
The Holy Spirit played out the Catholics and helped the Protestants to cut it down to 66 books.
Where did the Holy Bible come from? The Jews do not have a bible and the Protestants took the Holy Bible of the Catholic Church and deleted books from it. So, once again, where did the Holy Bible come from?
Eric

Lake Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You on an islamic forum. Do you worship allah, that is what this thread is about.
You do realize that this thread appears on a number of Topix Forums. I see it on the Judaism Forum, as Frijoles probably does also. It is on the Pagan/Wiccan forum. It is on the Islamic Forum. Also the Islamic, General Science, Archeology, Anthropology, General Religion, and Catholic Forums. You probably see it on the last one.
endtime

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

A N T I C H R I S T ------

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Vers...

The novel caused great controversy in the Muslim community for what some Muslims believed were blasphemous references. Rushdie was accused of misusing freedom of speech. As the controversy spread, the import of the book was banned in India and it was burned in demonstrations in the United Kingdom. In mid February 1989, following a violent riot against the book in Pakistan, the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, Supreme Leader of Iran and a Shi'a Muslim scholar, issued a fatwa calling on all good Muslims to kill Rushdie and his publishers, or to point him out to those who can kill him if they cannot themselves.

Although the British Conservative government under Margaret Thatcher gave Rushdie round-the-clock police protection, many politicians on both sides were hostile to the author. British Labour MP Keith Vaz led a march through Leicester shortly after he was elected in 1989 calling for the book to be banned, while Conservative MP Norman Tebbit, the party's former chairman, called Rushdie an "outstanding villain" whose "public life has been a record of despicable acts of betrayal of his upbringing, religion, adopted home and nationality". Meanwhile the Commission for Racial Equality and a liberal think tank, the Policy Studies Institute held seminars on the Rushdie affair. They did not invite the author Fay Weldon who spoke out against burning books, but did invite Shabbir Akhtar, a Cambridge philosophy graduate who called for "a negotiated compromise" which "would protect Muslim sensibilities against gratuitous provocation". The journalist and author Andy McSmith wrote at the time "We are witnessing, I fear, the birth of a new and dangerously illiberal "liberal" orthodoxy designed to accommodate Dr Akhtar and his fundamentalist friends."

Following the fatwa, Rushdie was put under police protection by the British government. Despite a conciliatory statement by Iran in 1998, and Rushdie's declaration that he would stop living in hiding, the Iranian state news agency reported in 2006 that the fatwa would remain in place permanently since fatwas can only be rescinded by the person who first issued them, and Khomeini had since died.

I wonder whay that is...
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

The Satanic Verses Summary
http://www.bookrags.com/The_Satanic_Verses/

The Satanic Verses Summary

The story of The Satanic Verses chronicles an ancient legend about the Prophet Muhammad, founder of the Islamic religion. Legend has it that Muhammad, who received the Word of God directly from the Archangel Gabriel, was one day tricked by the devil into including satanic verses in the holy book of the Qur'an. Salman Rushdie's fictional version of this tale features the Prophet Mahound, founder of a religion called Submission. The social and political pressures faced by the very human Mahound tempt him to speak false verses to the people of Jahilia in the hopes of gaining personal power and prestige. Mahound repents of his actions and recants the satanic verses. His disciples applaud his courage in standing up to the pressures placed upon him by the evil Grandee of Jahilia and his beautiful wife, Hind. As Mahound's power grows, he triumphs over his former enemies and all the citizens.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

CORRECTION:

Unmentioned in all of this nasty fatwa business and the murderous rage that it has stoked is that Allah has not yet struck Rushdie dead.

I wonder WHY that is...
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

The Satanic Verses in Qur'an
http://www.muhammadanism.org/Quran/SatanicVer...

Sura an-Najm (Star) 53:19-22
Now tell me about Al-Lat, Al-Uzza, and Manat,
The third one, another goddess.
What! For you the males and for him the females!
That indeed is an unfair division.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

When Muhammad and his community came under severe persecution, eighty-three of his followers who had no protection emigrated from Mecca to Ethiopia, taking refuge in the ancient Christian country, Abyssinia.1 Under increasing boycotts and pressure, Muhammad went through a time of weakness and compromised with the Meccan pagans by acknowledging the existence of three pagan goddesses alongside Allah: Lat, Uzza, and Manat.2 The Arabian goddesses are mentioned in Sura an-Najm (Star) 53:19-22.

The statement that Allah was involved with female goddesses while Muhammad and his people were left with men, was cynically discussed by author Salman Rushdie.3 He made the impure account even more obscene. His book was regarded as utterly blasphemous by all Muslims.

When the inhabitants of Mecca heard Muhammad's confess the importance of the ancient goddesses inside the Ka'aba, they immediately revoked their ban on him. Those who had immigrated to Abyssinia (Ethiopia) started to return home after hearing Muhammad's confession and his acceptance in Mecca. But when they arrived, they were shocked to hear that Muhammad had retracted his confession and admitted that he had fallen prey to the whispering of Satan. Thus, today Islam considers Sura an-Najm (Star) 53:19-22 are related to the time when Muhammad spoke the the Satanic Verses. Salman Rushdie did not invent the Satanic verses.

In Sura Hajj (Pilgrimage) 22:52-53, Muhammad confessed his mistake, alleging that all prophets were tempted by Satan who inspire them with demonic verses, as if they were actually revealed by God. But later on Allah abrogated those Satanic Verses with new revelations and instructs his prophets with new verses. According to Islam, Allah permits such demonic inspiration to test weak believers and to cut off those with hardened hearts.

Never did We send a messenger or a prophet before thee, but, when he framed a desire, Satan threw some (vanity) into his desire: but Allah will cancel anything (vain) that Satan throws in, and Allah will confirm (and establish) His Signs: for Allah is full of Knowledge and Wisdom:

That He may make the suggestions thrown in by Satan, but a trial for those in whose hearts is a disease and who are hardened of heart: verily the wrong-doers are in a schism far (from the Truth): Hajj (Pilgrimage) 22:52-53. Yusuf 'Ali's translation

The true, vital issue about the Satanic verses is this. If Muhammad were unable to distinguish Satan's voice from God's voice, then could there be verses in the Qur'an that Muhammad assumed were from God but were really from Satan? Maybe much of the Qur'an is Satanic in origin, in spite of Muhammad's conviction that it was entirely from Allah.

The Qur'an clearly states that Muhammad spoke in the name of God and that he said things that God had not commanded him! Next, he charges that all the prophets of God voiced Satanic statements! According to the holy law of God, Muhammad ought to have been put to death as a false prophet! According to the Holy Scriptures, if a prophet spoke anything in the name of LORD that was not from Him, the prophet must be put to death! Muhammad spoke in the name of Allah and then admitted that he had really spoken the words of Satan.

But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death. Deuteronomy 18:20 (NIV)
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

If Mohammad had never uttered "the Satanic verses," or Surah 53:19-22, then there would have been no need for him/Allah to add the qualifier of Surah 22:52-53, in which he SMEARS THE REPUTATIONS of ALL legitimate prophets who came before him.

Yes, Mohammad, that most cunning con man, would do such a thing to protect his own stinking reputation as a supposed "prophet" in the Hebraic tradition.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

http://quran.com/22/52-53

And We did not send before you any messenger or prophet except that when he spoke [or recited], Satan threw into it [some misunderstanding]. But Allah abolishes that which Satan throws in; then Allah makes precise His verses. And Allah is Knowing and Wise.

[That is] so He may make what Satan throws in a trial for those within whose hearts is disease and those hard of heart. And indeed, the wrongdoers are in extreme dissension.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 151,121 - 151,140 of198,579
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pagan High Priest Claims Discrimination by City... 2 hr ALLSEEINGEYE 4
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe 17 hr probably true 70
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Wed CShine 90
Ouija Board... SCARY STUFF! NEED HELP! (Aug '07) Wed CShine 1,015
Need Help - Shadow Person Protector or Harmful? (May '09) Wed Shawn 9
Novice needs Wiccan Friend..... Jul 7 Novice 1
Wiccan murderer is suing prison for not allowin... (May '13) Jul 4 Theological Studies 13
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••