Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256382 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#160748 Jan 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The prophet Joseph Smith has a much better story on how he got the Book of Mormons. He said he copied it from Golden Tablets that are now in Heaven. Also the prophet Joseph Smith did not have to claim the Holy Bible was corrupt. If I was to choose between the koran and the Book of Mormons being from God based on the story behind them I would chose the Book of Mormons.
Joseph Smith is a Christian, so deal with him. To me, all Christian books are full of lies.

I am sure his book is better than your Bible. Please choose his book. lol!
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160749 Jan 29, 2013
Imams and Islamic Scolars from all Islamic Countrys accepting the Lord Jesus Christ!
www.youtube.com/watch...

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#160750 Jan 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no sense going beyond who has the authority to now speak for God before we can move on. Without this question being answered all other arguements are moot. islam has no one now with divine authority to speak for God since according to their own "prophet" he was the last one who can speak for God.
I am not muslim so no need to drivelate to me on that topic.

I have no reason to believe, or desire to accept on faith, that you are a source of any authority. Source of opinions, certainly. But not authority. Ditto for your church.

Location hidden

#160751 Jan 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I can never forget his comments on the earthquake in Haiti.
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2010/01/13/...
Extremely disgusting. If Jesus were there he would have reduced him to ashes with his flaming tongue.
I didn't know people still follow him or his network. And I thought he hated Catholics.

bmz

Location hidden

#160753 Jan 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Here refresh your knowledge:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanic_Verses
So the satanic verses were included in the koran but later taken out. Taken out by who. Since the biographies of mohammad were written a hundred years after he died they cannot be relied on.
There is nothing about the koran to make one think it's of divine origin.
There were no Satanic verses. Qur'aan has no place for Satanic verses, only the New Testament has.

This absurd story, like many absurd stories of the New Testament came from Ibn Ishaq, who was a cocktail of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

And Satanic minds like Sir William Muir and other hardcore Christian missionaries brought it up and named them Satanic verses.

Read Surah 53. It is still there. Even a buffoon can read and understand it.

Satanic Verses must stand on their own and Satan's message would be loud and clear. I will give you the best example of a Satanic Verse and here it is:

"In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God."

That was Satan in the beginning with God. What can be more Satanic than John 1:1-3?
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160754 Jan 29, 2013
Part 5/6 - Son of Hamas leader converts to
christianity says Islam is collapsing:
www.youtube.com/watch...

bmz

Location hidden

#160755 Jan 29, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know people still follow him or his network. And I thought he hated Catholics.
Sensible folks are now keeping miles away from his sty.

I believe he hates all Christians, who do not help him with money and loves only rich Christians.

I have heard the donations are picking up again. There must be many Jesus freaks like him, who are helping him.

If Jesus had met him, he would have tied three millstones to his neck and would have thrown him off the Niagara falls.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160756 Jan 29, 2013
Yet Another Imam finds Jesus is the way:
www.youtube.com/watch...

bmz

Location hidden

#160757 Jan 29, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, forgot to add:

Self-loathers and lying sinners cannot love anyone.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160758 Jan 29, 2013
Watch Faisal Malick's conversion testimony on Sid Roth- Its Supernatural, Praise God for revealing himself to muslims, only he could change their minds, because they think they have all the answers and they refuse to listen to the wisdom of men. But when Jesus reveals himself, their eyes are opened to his glorious truth:
www.youtube.com/watch...

bmz

Location hidden

#160759 Jan 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
When you have nothing else resort to ad hominem.
So where did the Holy Bible come from?
Which holy Bible are you asking about?

The Jewish Bible or the Catholic Bible or the Protestant's Bible?

The Holy Spirit played out the Catholics and helped the Protestants to cut it down to 66 books.

bmz

Location hidden

#160760 Jan 29, 2013
Good night all!

Location hidden

#160761 Jan 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sensible folks are now keeping miles away from his sty.
I believe he hates all Christians, who do not help him with money and loves only rich Christians.
I have heard the donations are picking up again. There must be many Jesus freaks like him, who are helping him.
If Jesus had met him, he would have tied three millstones to his neck and would have thrown him off the Niagara falls.
Sensible folks never did keep company with him. Think about it....

The real issue is that the evangelical right wing in this country is now a "has been". The last election demonstrated that - or more specifically - the primaries to the last election.

One is just as likely to be a liberal evangelical these days than a conservative evangelical.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160762 Jan 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Joseph Smith is a Christian, so deal with him. To me, all Christian books are full of lies.
I am sure his book is better than your Bible. Please choose his book. lol!
His book comes from the Holy Bible. He did not have to claim the Holy Bible corrupt, like islam has to do.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160763 Jan 29, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not muslim so no need to drivelate to me on that topic.
I have no reason to believe, or desire to accept on faith, that you are a source of any authority. Source of opinions, certainly. But not authority. Ditto for your church.
You on an islamic forum. Do you worship allah, that is what this thread is about.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160764 Jan 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There were no Satanic verses. Qur'aan has no place for Satanic verses, only the New Testament has.
This absurd story, like many absurd stories of the New Testament came from Ibn Ishaq, who was a cocktail of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
And Satanic minds like Sir William Muir and other hardcore Christian missionaries brought it up and named them Satanic verses.
Read Surah 53. It is still there. Even a buffoon can read and understand it.
Satanic Verses must stand on their own and Satan's message would be loud and clear. I will give you the best example of a Satanic Verse and here it is:
"In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God."
That was Satan in the beginning with God. What can be more Satanic than John 1:1-3?
The satanic verses were removed from the koran meaning the koran is not of divine origin and thus allah is a fictional character.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160765 Jan 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Which holy Bible are you asking about?
The Jewish Bible or the Catholic Bible or the Protestant's Bible?
The Holy Spirit played out the Catholics and helped the Protestants to cut it down to 66 books.
Where did the Holy Bible come from? The Jews do not have a bible and the Protestants took the Holy Bible of the Catholic Church and deleted books from it. So, once again, where did the Holy Bible come from?
Eric

Schaumburg, IL

#160766 Jan 29, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You on an islamic forum. Do you worship allah, that is what this thread is about.
You do realize that this thread appears on a number of Topix Forums. I see it on the Judaism Forum, as Frijoles probably does also. It is on the Pagan/Wiccan forum. It is on the Islamic Forum. Also the Islamic, General Science, Archeology, Anthropology, General Religion, and Catholic Forums. You probably see it on the last one.
endtime

AOL

#160767 Jan 29, 2013

A N T I C H R I S T ------

Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#160771 Jan 29, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Vers...

The novel caused great controversy in the Muslim community for what some Muslims believed were blasphemous references. Rushdie was accused of misusing freedom of speech. As the controversy spread, the import of the book was banned in India and it was burned in demonstrations in the United Kingdom. In mid February 1989, following a violent riot against the book in Pakistan, the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, Supreme Leader of Iran and a Shi'a Muslim scholar, issued a fatwa calling on all good Muslims to kill Rushdie and his publishers, or to point him out to those who can kill him if they cannot themselves.

Although the British Conservative government under Margaret Thatcher gave Rushdie round-the-clock police protection, many politicians on both sides were hostile to the author. British Labour MP Keith Vaz led a march through Leicester shortly after he was elected in 1989 calling for the book to be banned, while Conservative MP Norman Tebbit, the party's former chairman, called Rushdie an "outstanding villain" whose "public life has been a record of despicable acts of betrayal of his upbringing, religion, adopted home and nationality". Meanwhile the Commission for Racial Equality and a liberal think tank, the Policy Studies Institute held seminars on the Rushdie affair. They did not invite the author Fay Weldon who spoke out against burning books, but did invite Shabbir Akhtar, a Cambridge philosophy graduate who called for "a negotiated compromise" which "would protect Muslim sensibilities against gratuitous provocation". The journalist and author Andy McSmith wrote at the time "We are witnessing, I fear, the birth of a new and dangerously illiberal "liberal" orthodoxy designed to accommodate Dr Akhtar and his fundamentalist friends."

Following the fatwa, Rushdie was put under police protection by the British government. Despite a conciliatory statement by Iran in 1998, and Rushdie's declaration that he would stop living in hiding, the Iranian state news agency reported in 2006 that the fatwa would remain in place permanently since fatwas can only be rescinded by the person who first issued them, and Khomeini had since died.

I wonder whay that is...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Everyone will be Muslim because of our stupidi... Jan 14 Einstein Nukes 16
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Dec 29 Sugar plum 50
News Who the Crusaders Are in 2016 Dec 28 Playa 7
confusion 3 Dec 26 taylor810 1
confusion Dec 26 taylor810 2
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 26 Eagle 12 4,912
News What's wrong with wishing others a Merry Christ... (Dec '08) Dec 26 Jesus Is 52
More from around the web