Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
150,901 - 150,920 of 200,884 Comments Last updated 51 min ago
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 4
1 Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying,
2 “Speak to the sons of Israel, saying,‘If a person sins unintentionally in any of the things which the LORD has commanded not to be done, and commits any of them,
3 if the anointed priest sins so as to bring guilt on the people, then let him offer to the LORD a bull without defect as a sin offering for the sin he has committed.
22 ‘When a leader sins and unintentionally does any one of all the things which the LORD his God has commanded not to be done, and he becomes guilty,
23 if his sin which he has committed is made known to him, he shall bring for his offering a goat, a male without defect.
32 ‘But if he brings a lamb as his offering for a sin offering, he shall bring it, a female without defect.
33 ‘He shall lay his hand on the head of the sin offering and slay it for a sin offering in the place where they slay the burnt offering.
Sarah,

The Passover happened in Egypt. It had nothing to do with sin. Please read Exodus 11.

Leviticus came after the Hebrews had been delivered and had setlled.
Sarah

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
and none of this pertains to the paschal lamb. It was not a burnt offering. It was not a bull. It was a meal.
And, taking the idea that it was a sacrifice ad argumentum, how come you discount that it was a sacrifice for thanksgiving rather than a sacrifice for sin? There is no mention of sin in the passages.
The Paschal Lamb is both a regular sacrifice for redemption from sin and a special commemoration of the passover.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Physics is a science has professional standards as per what is worthy of teaching others. Your philosophy does not scientific standards, so your argument is a false equivalence.
The point remains, you are not preaching because you WANT to, you are preaching because you NEED to, in order to construct your indentity (i.e. be who you are). That is an absurd way to go though life, in my opinion, and certainly very codependendent.
There are many scholarly disciplines outside of natural science. Science and philosophy are becoming more interdisciplinary. It was the collaboration of a philosopher and experimental physicist that demonstrated that at the quantum level future events can affect past events.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sarah,
The Passover happened in Egypt. It had nothing to do with sin. Please read Exodus 11.
Leviticus came after the Hebrews had been delivered and had setlled.
Mental Blockhead,

If it is at all possible, educate yourself.

http://www.jewfaq.org/qorbanot.htm
Qorbanot: Sacrifices and Offerings

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
Mental Blockhead,
Excellent summation

related to the above point,

"...The word "qorbanot" is usually translated as "sacrifices" or "offerings"; however, both of these terms suggest a loss of something or a giving up of something, and although that is certainly a part of the ritual, that is not at all the literal meaning of the Hebrew word. The word qorbanot comes from the root Qof-Reish-Beit, which means "to draw near," and indicates the primary purpose of offerings: to draw us near to G-d..."
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Christainity sees these animal sin offerings as types of the one perfect human sacrifice for sin to come. It isn't a question of what we find offensive, but of what God would do to save us from the power of sin and death.
Christ’s Sacrifice Once for All
10 The law is only a shadow of the good things that are coming—not the realities themselves. For this reason it can never, by the same sacrifices repeated endlessly year after year, make perfect those who draw near to worship. 2 Otherwise, would they not have stopped being offered? For the worshipers would have been cleansed once for all, and would no longer have felt guilty for their sins. 3 But those sacrifices are an annual reminder of sins. 4 It is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins.
5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:
“Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but a body you prepared for me;
6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings
you were not pleased.
7 Then I said,‘Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—
I have come to do your will, my God.’”[a]
8 First he said,“Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings you did not desire, nor were you pleased with them”—though they were offered in accordance with the law. 9 Then he said,“Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool. 14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:
16 “This is the covenant I will make with them
after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
and I will write them on their minds.”[b]
17 Then he adds:
“Their sins and lawless acts
I will remember no more.”[c]
18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.
a.Hebrews 10:7 Psalm 40:6-8 (see Septuagint)
b.Hebrews 10:16 Jer. 31:33
c.Hebrews 10:17 Jer. 31:34
Was it necessary to quote from the forgery known as Hebrews 10?

Line 5 is the biggest lie in above.

That was not Christ, who said that, ignorant fool. Paul copied and pasted from Psalms 40:6-8 and the rest are all copy and paste from Jeremiah, Deuteronomy, Isaiah and Habakkuk.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
Mental Blockhead,
Forget Qorbanot. You dot even know what it is.

The Passover Lamb had nothing to do with sin.

Read Exodus 11, clueless fool!

The problem with you is that you are not well read.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many scholarly disciplines outside of natural science. Science and philosophy are becoming more interdisciplinary. It was the collaboration of a philosopher and experimental physicist that demonstrated that at the quantum level future events can affect past events.
But it was the scientific method that eventually demonstrated that idea.

Besides, what you are promoting is not even academic philosophy. It is religion, even less disciplined.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it necessary to quote from the forgery known as Hebrews 10?
Line 5 is the biggest lie in above.
That was not Christ, who said that, ignorant fool. Paul copied and pasted from Psalms 40:6-8 and the rest are all copy and paste from Jeremiah, Deuteronomy, Isaiah and Habakkuk.
Buford got you with that quote from Hebrews.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
He is well read. Better read than probably any other Christian here.

But Christian theology does a lot of this mixing and matching without regard to context. The important point is that the focus of korbanot is not to remove sin (that is a byproduct) but to provide a means for devekut, a type of worship. The second point is, of course, that the passover lamb had nothing to do with sin.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
wow.....wowdy wow!
Thank you for that profound observation.......
and for what it is worth.little "me" can demonstrate that at the discrete level past can affect future events.

God is eternal ....space and time won't affect God.

That is why it is absurd to assume that God would allow "Himself" to be subjected to laws of nature, which in itself is an admission that "He" is no longer God and no longer in charge.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But it was the scientific method that eventually demonstrated that idea.
Besides, what you are promoting is not even academic philosophy. It is religion, even less disciplined.
It is theology and revealed by God. The Shroud of Turin is an example of physical evidence that supports the teachings of the Catholic Church. To this day scientists’ are at a loss explaining it. We also have the Talmud of the Lady of Guadeloupe. These are just a couple of the most obvious examples bearing witness to God and His Catholic Church.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>

That is why it is absurd to assume that God would allow "Himself" to be subjected to laws of nature, which in itself is an admission that "He" is no longer God and no longer in charge.
Which is why we have science and we have religion. They look at different things. Not that they cant compliment each other, but they address different questions. The problem is when people confuse them with eachother - then you get junk science.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
wow.....wowdy wow!
Thank you for that profound observation.......
and for what it is worth.little "me" can demonstrate that at the discrete level past can affect future events.
God is eternal ....space and time won't affect God.
The Incarnation of Jesus proves He is charge and has power even over death. She was the first born of the dead and with His resurrection He destroyed the power of death.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
But of course, Jesus is my life. I would have it no other way. Jesus is my God, my Creator, my being. I will give all to Jesus who in turn gives all Himself to me.
rabbee: i do not believe you understand, how They Both gave life to all of you. my whole physical life, is not TheOur idea. but it is G-D'S Idea, for me completely. as all linages on earth, trace back to me and the woman here in always TheTorah. and if you don't believe this, G-D is going to have Us do this again. for however long it may take, to find the world not being this self prefered stupid.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...
I have mentioned this before but "anal butthead" is unable to comprehend.
- Have you ever come across a passover lamb that was nailed/no nailed to a cross?
- Have you ever come across a passover lamb that gets up, whacks seven demnons off a lady lamb, snatch broiled fish and honeycomb from the starving and run off to Costa del sol, Maldives, Monte Carlo, Singpore or even Martinique?
- How many passover lambs get "cursed"?
- Who "sacrificed" this lamb? Priest Pontius?lol...
Salaams.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
It is theology and revealed by God. The Shroud of Turin is an example of physical evidence that supports the teachings of the Catholic Church. To this day scientists’ are at a loss explaining it. We also have the Talmud of the Lady of Guadeloupe. These are just a couple of the most obvious examples bearing witness to God and His Catholic Church.
Paul do you really believe that The shroud of turin is not a fake, despite evidence to the contrary?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: no amount of mysticism can, explain how you all got here. by the one you errantly, call jesus christ. Who G-D has always had put to death, and returned as He and She, to give birth to this whole world again here in this story of physical creation, you all do not believe your all here in again.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: i do not believe you understand, how They Both gave life to all of you. my whole physical life, is not TheOur idea. but it is G-D'S Idea, for me completely. as all linages on earth, trace back to me and the woman here in always TheTorah. and if you don't believe this, G-D is going to have Us do this again. for however long it may take, to find the world not being this self prefered stupid.
?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

every one is here, in this story of physical creation again. with all of the same amount of true and false information available. and it is most unfortunate, you have all chosen all the false information available with your not being here in TheTorah again. this no matter, how many times you have all previously denied, being here in This Same again story all from G-D.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••