Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 243143 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160431 Jan 27, 2013
Jesus commanded to go to all nations
Even though pre-resurrection, Jesus commanded the disciples not to go to the Gentiles, His post-resurrection stance was different. He commanded them to go to all nations: Mat 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Baptism was and is known to be a part of Gentile conversion to Judaism.Therefore Jewish: Yes. Conversion to Judaism: Very probable
Jesus was Jewish and he did effectevely 'leave' Judaism for his belief that he was the son of G-D. However he never proclaimed any other religion other than Judaism and still practised Pesach (passover) and the 'last supper' was Pesach anyway. Christianity was formed by Jesus's followers. They were 'the followers of Christ'. But they didn't convert to Christianity, they still practised Judaism, they simply formed 'a group' praising and believeing in Christ. Eventually, people started to turn 'followers of Christ group' into a religion, leaving Judaism behind and replacing the ONE G-D belief with Jesus being the son of G-D. This is why Judaism's belief's are simaler in ways with Christianity. However, Christian's should not convert to Judaism. Jews believe that Judaism is the right faith (naturally) but you should only ever convert if you stop believeing in your own faith and start to believe in Judaism. The major thing that sets Jews and Christians apart is the beliefs about Jesus. If you believe Jesus is the son of G-D then you belong to Christianity. If you don't, then maybe you should convert. To summarise: Jesus was Jewish, but Jews do not pray to him, so if you converted, you would no longer be practising and praying to Jesus so would be unhappy in Judaism.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#160432 Jan 27, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it better to do what man asks me to do or for me to do what God asks me to do? I will do what God asks me to do.
You are assuming that others share your notion of God

They dont

You believe you are on some sacred mission. To the rest of us you are behaving badly.

Again, bottom line is that my religious identity is not dependent on preaching to you, but your religious identity is dependent upon preaching to me. You are coming from a position of insecurity. To the rest of us, that is messed up.

Location hidden

#160433 Jan 27, 2013
Buford wrote:
"Preach the Gospel always, and if necessary, use words." ~ St. Francis of Assisi
We should note that in all the years you have been on this forum, I have never observed you preaching to me, Sharing and educating yes, but never preaching.

Location hidden

#160434 Jan 27, 2013
Buford wrote:
Does Jesus being Jewish suggest Judaism is the correct religion and the one to which people should convert?
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_Jesus_being_Je...
Answer: Conversion to Judaism was the intention of Jesus
It is difficult to affirm a concrete dogma considering all the New Testament data that may lead people to think contrary to conversion to Judaism. Nonetheless, based on the evidence I've uncovered thus far, I believe that conversion to Judaism was the intention of Jesus and His followers.Remembering that the New Testament scriptures are enveloped in first century culture, we can uncover how the first believers understood the words of Jesus by applying historical evidence.
First, the religion of Jesus and His followers was Judaism. Jesus clearly frequented the synagogue (as did Paul and the other disciples) and the festivals of the Jews - a clear sign of His religion.
Second, contrary to popular belief, the relationship between Jesus and the Pharisees was not thoroughly turbulent. There is much scholarly work to support that it was more of an intra-Jewish conflict. In fact Jesus endorses the Pharisees in Matthew Chapter 23. Close examination of the passage reveals that Jesus had a problem with Pharisees that did not practice what they preached, yet He did not totally disagree with their doctrine.
thats certainly how I understood it

Location hidden

#160435 Jan 27, 2013
Buford wrote:
Jesus commanded to go to all nations
Even though pre-resurrection, Jesus commanded the disciples not to go to the Gentiles, His post-resurrection stance was different. He commanded them to go to all nations: Mat 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"
Baptism was and is known to be a part of Gentile conversion to Judaism.Therefore Jewish: Yes. Conversion to Judaism: Very probable
Jesus was Jewish and he did effectevely 'leave' Judaism for his belief that he was the son of G-D. However he never proclaimed any other religion other than Judaism and still practised Pesach (passover) and the 'last supper' was Pesach anyway. Christianity was formed by Jesus's followers. They were 'the followers of Christ'. But they didn't convert to Christianity, they still practised Judaism, they simply formed 'a group' praising and believeing in Christ. Eventually, people started to turn 'followers of Christ group' into a religion, leaving Judaism behind and replacing the ONE G-D belief with Jesus being the son of G-D. This is why Judaism's belief's are simaler in ways with Christianity. However, Christian's should not convert to Judaism. Jews believe that Judaism is the right faith (naturally) but you should only ever convert if you stop believeing in your own faith and start to believe in Judaism. The major thing that sets Jews and Christians apart is the beliefs about Jesus. If you believe Jesus is the son of G-D then you belong to Christianity. If you don't, then maybe you should convert. To summarise: Jesus was Jewish, but Jews do not pray to him, so if you converted, you would no longer be practising and praying to Jesus so would be unhappy in Judaism.
Shmuely Boteach recently published the book Kosher Jesus. I never read it, but the idea is that Jews are making a big error by ignoring Jesus. They should be popularizing the fact that much/most/all of what Jesus taught (the non messianic aspects) was actually Judaism of the time. Therefore Jews should reclaim Jesus from the Christians.

Location hidden

#160436 Jan 27, 2013
Dont get me wrong, PaulWV - I still find you polite regardless if I think your behavior is offensive.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160437 Jan 27, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You are assuming that others share your notion of God
They dont
You believe you are on some sacred mission. To the rest of us you are behaving badly.
Again, bottom line is that my religious identity is not dependent on preaching to you, but your religious identity is dependent upon preaching to me. You are coming from a position of insecurity. To the rest of us, that is messed up.
My position is coming from a position of Truth. If I discovery a new atomic particle I would want to share this knowledge with everyone, whether they believe it or not. They may say I didn't find a new particle or they can perform the same experiment I performed to see if the particle truly exists. I found God and I will share the knowledge of Him to everyone, and they can say I am wrong or they can also seek God to see if I am right. As I said before there are many spiritual disciplines that may aid one in finding God.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#160438 Jan 27, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
The disciples taught what is contained in Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture and is now contained in the Cathecism of the Catholic Church.
I have already rejected that.

You did not answer the following:

Do you even know what were the disciples supposed to preach, as instructed by Jesus himself?

Answer this question if you can handle it!!!
bmz

Singapore

#160439 Jan 27, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: those who are quick to repent, shall have less to repent for in the end.
Excellent! I have judged thee well, Rabbee.

That is what all the messengers of God taught.

Also, that is exactly what Jesus taught, when he sent his disciples to preach. They went out and preached that people should repent.

The rest of the so-called Sacred Traditions are a hoax.

Thanks for an excellent point.
bmz

Singapore

#160440 Jan 27, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You ramble on creating a straw-man argument. I accept Jesus as my personal Savior and have been Born Again of the water and the Spirit. Jesus is the only Way to God. This being said God is free to save whom He choses to save. Though He has bond salvation to baptism, He has not bond Himself to it. As Jesus reached out to the non-Jews of His day He still reaches out to those who are not Born Again Christians. In fact the Born Again Christian will be judged harder then the non-Christian because to whom much is given much is required.
You ramble on water, spirit, fire, flames, tongues of fire, born again, baptism and what not!

All that simply means that Jesus preached repentance! You could not answer my questions earlier.

So, it is better that I let you know that Jesus sent his disciples to teach repentance. And you should have known well that it was said, "They went out and preached that people should repent." This was Jesus' main theme.

And before the arrival of Jesus on the Jordan, John the baptist was screaming his lungs out "Repent!!!"
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160441 Jan 27, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already rejected that.
You did not answer the following:
Do you even know what were the disciples supposed to preach, as instructed by Jesus himself?
Answer this question if you can handle it!!!
You can reject it all you want, but that is what it is. You not having the Holy Spirit does not allow you to discern the spirits; making your opinions moot.
bmz

Singapore

#160442 Jan 27, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What I dont get about Born Agains and other similar Jesus freaks is why their religious identity can not survive without imposing their views on others.
Brilliant!

You took the words out of my mouth and beat me to it. For a moment I thought I wrote that. Just wrote a note to Paul on the water, spirit, fire, flame, hot gas, etc.

I am sure you went through the irritation that I experience, when I hear the ugly words Born Again, etc.

Mark 6:12 "They went out and preached that people should repent."

Repentance is a very difficult word for the Church and Jesus freaks, hence the spin on Born Again.

Thanks
bmz

Singapore

#160443 Jan 27, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
No! We have been commissioned by Jesus to go out to the whole world preaching and baptizing in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. You are invited to the Heavenly Banquet but you are free to refuse the invitation, for there are others who will take your place.
Baloney!

Read Mark 6 and see what they did after Jesus sent them out!

"12 They went out and preached that people should repent."

So, forget everything and repent! That was Jesus' core message.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160444 Jan 27, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You ramble on water, spirit, fire, flames, tongues of fire, born again, baptism and what not!
All that simply means that Jesus preached repentance! You could not answer my questions earlier.
So, it is better that I let you know that Jesus sent his disciples to teach repentance. And you should have known well that it was said, "They went out and preached that people should repent." This was Jesus' main theme.
And before the arrival of Jesus on the Jordan, John the baptist was screaming his lungs out "Repent!!!"
St John baptized with water, while Jesus' followers baptized with water and the Holy Spirit. St John's baptism did not effect a change in the person. It did not make the person a new creation in Christ, an adopted child of God, heir to the Kingdom of God.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#160445 Jan 27, 2013
I see no one complaining about the "massive" cut and paste of our Buford the Great.....

But when I post one page a day, many people are "up in arms" against me.

Why this dual standard? May I ask?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160446 Jan 27, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant!
You took the words out of my mouth and beat me to it. For a moment I thought I wrote that. Just wrote a note to Paul on the water, spirit, fire, flame, hot gas, etc.
I am sure you went through the irritation that I experience, when I hear the ugly words Born Again, etc.
Mark 6:12 "They went out and preached that people should repent."
Repentance is a very difficult word for the Church and Jesus freaks, hence the spin on Born Again.
Thanks
The disciples could not baptize in the water and the Spirit till after Jesus' death, resurrection and the descent of the Holy Spirit.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160447 Jan 27, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Baloney!
Read Mark 6 and see what they did after Jesus sent them out!
"12 They went out and preached that people should repent."
So, forget everything and repent! That was Jesus' core message.
One could not be Born Again till after Jesus' death, resurrection and the descent of the Holy Spirit.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#160449 Jan 27, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
One could not be Born Again till after Jesus' death, resurrection and the descent of the Holy Spirit.
And why they "all born again" AFTER Jesus' death and resurrection? Is their a secret key?

And I have seen many "born agains", they are "worse" than before, what happened ? Some genetic mutation while being re-born?

Boy, you should get your head examined!!
bmz

Singapore

#160452 Jan 27, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
St John baptized with water, while Jesus' followers baptized with water and the Holy Spirit. St John's baptism did not effect a change in the person. It did not make the person a new creation in Christ, an adopted child of God, heir to the Kingdom of God.
It surely made Jesus a new person.

If his baptism had not been carried out by John, the heavens would not have opened, no voice would have shouted, no dove would have landed and he would not have been led and handed over to Satan. Right?

Baptism was itself a sign of repentance. That is why Jesus told his disciples to preach repentance.

Please Refer to Mark 6. You will understand for the first time what the Baptism Hullabaloo is all about.

John

Australia

#160453 Jan 27, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It surely made Jesus a new person.
If his baptism had not been carried out by John, the heavens would not have opened, no voice would have shouted, no dove would have landed and he would not have been led and handed over to Satan. Right?
Baptism was itself a sign of repentance. That is why Jesus told his disciples to preach repentance.
Please Refer to Mark 6. You will understand for the first time what the Baptism Hullabaloo is all about.
Do you ever get tired of talking shit?
You still haven't explained to us how a butchering corpse banging raping paedophile could be a prophet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 1 hr Just Saying 3,974
Interesting Satanic site 9 hr dGo mnDDae lyHo i... 2
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... Jan 29 Wrong problem 45
News Satellite images confirm: Iraq's oldest monaste... Jan 23 PATRIOT_TEXAN 4
News 5Ted Cruz: Evangelical darling or a pagan bruta... Jan 16 Elise In Seattle 1
News Annual crops protection ritual held at Hartley ... Jan 16 Elise In Seattle 1
News 7 Things Mindful People Do Before 9 A.M. Jan 16 Elise In Seattle 1
More from around the web