Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,535

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160413 Jan 27, 2013
Here it is :

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Romans 10:9-13).

Those who call upon the name of Jesus Shall be saved, the hebrew name Jesus means Salvation. This is why it is the only name given unto men by which we must be saved. And those who call upon it, and believe in what He did on the cross will be saved.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#160415 Jan 27, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
?
What I dont get about Born Agains and other similar Jesus freaks is why their religious identity can not survive without imposing their views on others.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160416 Jan 27, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
What I dont get about Born Agains and other similar Jesus freaks is why their religious identity can not survive without imposing their views on others.
Christians are to preach the Word of God in season and out of season. The seed is cast out and its the soil, rain and son that gives it growth. If a Christian tries to impose God's Word on someone then they are wrong; but this does not mean they can not work within the political system to inact laws they feel are best for society.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#160417 Jan 27, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
We preach how to be saved, so that people like you, can have a chance to get to heaven, we certainly don't do it for own sake.

Location hidden

#160418 Jan 27, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
We preach how to be saved, so that people like you, can have a chance to get to heaven, we certainly don't do it for own sake.
There you go again.

You totally do it for your sake. Your theology dictates the presence of heaven, and as long as you follow the 12 steps then you are golden. Others like me dont believe in your theology and especially in your notion of heaven. Therefore all you are achieving by preaching to me is making yourself feel better by making you think you are doing social work.

Location hidden

#160419 Jan 27, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians are to preach the Word of God in season and out of season. The seed is cast out and its the soil, rain and son that gives it growth. If a Christian tries to impose God's Word on someone then they are wrong; but this does not mean they can not work within the political system to inact laws they feel are best for society.
Bottom line - Can you practice your religion without preaching to others?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160420 Jan 27, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
No! We have been commissioned by Jesus to go out to the whole world preaching and baptizing in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. You are invited to the Heavenly Banquet but you are free to refuse the invitation, for there are others who will take your place.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160421 Jan 27, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again.
You totally do it for your sake. Your theology dictates the presence of heaven, and as long as you follow the 12 steps then you are golden. Others like me dont believe in your theology and especially in your notion of heaven. Therefore all you are achieving by preaching to me is making yourself feel better by making you think you are doing social work.
By preaching to you we are doing the work Jesus commissioned us to do. You are free to turn and walk away as Jesusí disciples did when He told them they must eat His flesh and drink His blood to have life in them.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#160422 Jan 27, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus came so that God can be knowable to those seeking Him. There are many traditions in the Catholic Church that will help guide you in knowing God. Check into the many spiritual paths found within the Catholic Church, such as Carmelite Spirituality, and one of these may appeal to your longing to know God.
rabbee: does that include the worshiping, of pedophile priests in the church?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#160423 Jan 27, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: in rapturous euphoria, your cup just bubbleth over. aka: the rapture.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#160424 Jan 27, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: everyone is trying, to sell something. even if it is their own, pecular form of boredom.

if you watch closely, everyone on earth. is proselycizing their own faith, according to their g-d/s'es.

Location hidden

#160425 Jan 27, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
By preaching to you we are doing the work Jesus commissioned us to do. You are free to turn and walk away as Jesusí disciples did when He told them they must eat His flesh and drink His blood to have life in them.
Thats exactly point.

MY identity is not predicated upon your religious belief BUT your identity is predicated upon my religious belief.

Seems kind of f*ed up to me.

Location hidden

#160426 Jan 27, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
No! We have been commissioned by Jesus to go out to the whole world preaching and baptizing in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. You are invited to the Heavenly Banquet but you are free to refuse the invitation, for there are others who will take your place.
and you wonder why some people see your behavior as offensive (literally)?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160427 Jan 27, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats exactly point.
MY identity is not predicated upon your religious belief BUT your identity is predicated upon my religious belief.
Seems kind of f*ed up to me.
But of course, Jesus is my life. I would have it no other way. Jesus is my God, my Creator, my being. I will give all to Jesus who in turn gives all Himself to me.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#160428 Jan 27, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
and you wonder why some people see your behavior as offensive (literally)?
Is it better to do what man asks me to do or for me to do what God asks me to do? I will do what God asks me to do.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160429 Jan 27, 2013
"Preach the Gospel always, and if necessary, use words." ~ St. Francis of Assisi
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160430 Jan 27, 2013
Does Jesus being Jewish suggest Judaism is the correct religion and the one to which people should convert?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_Jesus_being_Je...

Answer: Conversion to Judaism was the intention of Jesus

It is difficult to affirm a concrete dogma considering all the New Testament data that may lead people to think contrary to conversion to Judaism. Nonetheless, based on the evidence I've uncovered thus far, I believe that conversion to Judaism was the intention of Jesus and His followers.Remembering that the New Testament scriptures are enveloped in first century culture, we can uncover how the first believers understood the words of Jesus by applying historical evidence.

First, the religion of Jesus and His followers was Judaism. Jesus clearly frequented the synagogue (as did Paul and the other disciples) and the festivals of the Jews - a clear sign of His religion.

Second, contrary to popular belief, the relationship between Jesus and the Pharisees was not thoroughly turbulent. There is much scholarly work to support that it was more of an intra-Jewish conflict. In fact Jesus endorses the Pharisees in Matthew Chapter 23. Close examination of the passage reveals that Jesus had a problem with Pharisees that did not practice what they preached, yet He did not totally disagree with their doctrine.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#160431 Jan 27, 2013
Jesus commanded to go to all nations
Even though pre-resurrection, Jesus commanded the disciples not to go to the Gentiles, His post-resurrection stance was different. He commanded them to go to all nations: Mat 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost"

Baptism was and is known to be a part of Gentile conversion to Judaism.Therefore Jewish: Yes. Conversion to Judaism: Very probable
Jesus was Jewish and he did effectevely 'leave' Judaism for his belief that he was the son of G-D. However he never proclaimed any other religion other than Judaism and still practised Pesach (passover) and the 'last supper' was Pesach anyway. Christianity was formed by Jesus's followers. They were 'the followers of Christ'. But they didn't convert to Christianity, they still practised Judaism, they simply formed 'a group' praising and believeing in Christ. Eventually, people started to turn 'followers of Christ group' into a religion, leaving Judaism behind and replacing the ONE G-D belief with Jesus being the son of G-D. This is why Judaism's belief's are simaler in ways with Christianity. However, Christian's should not convert to Judaism. Jews believe that Judaism is the right faith (naturally) but you should only ever convert if you stop believeing in your own faith and start to believe in Judaism. The major thing that sets Jews and Christians apart is the beliefs about Jesus. If you believe Jesus is the son of G-D then you belong to Christianity. If you don't, then maybe you should convert. To summarise: Jesus was Jewish, but Jews do not pray to him, so if you converted, you would no longer be practising and praying to Jesus so would be unhappy in Judaism.

Location hidden

#160432 Jan 27, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it better to do what man asks me to do or for me to do what God asks me to do? I will do what God asks me to do.
You are assuming that others share your notion of God

They dont

You believe you are on some sacred mission. To the rest of us you are behaving badly.

Again, bottom line is that my religious identity is not dependent on preaching to you, but your religious identity is dependent upon preaching to me. You are coming from a position of insecurity. To the rest of us, that is messed up.

Location hidden

#160433 Jan 27, 2013
Buford wrote:
"Preach the Gospel always, and if necessary, use words." ~ St. Francis of Assisi
We should note that in all the years you have been on this forum, I have never observed you preaching to me, Sharing and educating yes, but never preaching.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Dec 22 thefinestallmoved... 18
torn sash Dec 21 Wanderinsoul 1
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Dec 10 God worships Sin ... 14,477
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov '14 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov '14 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov '14 GordonM 1
drawing with pen Nov '14 scribbles 1
More from around the web