Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
150,401 - 150,420 of 199,892 Comments Last updated 24 min ago
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

TURD,

How nice to know that you are paying close attention for Allah and His Messenger! I mean, it might actually count for something...
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just a man and not God's Church. You have no divine authority to make claims regarding what God would and would not do.

The bishops of the Catholic Church have divine authority from Jesus through the laying on of hands from the Apostles.
Paul,

Jesus did not give any authority to any one. Aslo, he was not given any authority by God to declare that he was God or that Jesus was divine.

The Godless Church also had no authority to make that man divine or God.

We do not have Jesus on record for saying, "I am God" or "I am the Father" or "I am this" or "I am that".

If Jesus had ever said that, the story-tellers and the tale collectors would have surely mentioned but none did.

Everything from the Bishops and the Church, is silly, absurd and a pile of wild conjecture. Don't trust the Church.

End of the story.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the interesting part 39, MUQ
I was delighted to see Jesus talking to James. I have not seen Jesus talking to James at all in the other gospels.
The parable of the desert plant was super.
Salaams
BMZ
I think in GOB you will find Jesus talking to Most of his chosen disciples. It is very logical and reasonable.

In the four "canonical Gospels" most of Jesus' chosen disciples are "men without faces"....they do not ask any clarifications, they do not talk to Jesus and jesus does not talk to them.

Any question / observation they make, is ridiculous straight away. I do not know what they try to convey about those disciples of Jesus.

Why did Jesus chose them in the first place? If they were the "best of the lot", what can we say about the level of others who followed Jesus?

All these questions remain unanswered if we "only" read Canonical Gospels.

And they say "A Muslim wrote GOB".... it would have been a "strange Muslim" to know so much about Jesus and Christianity!!

Salaam

MUQ
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-40

Chapter 81 Jesus and the women from Samaria

.. And having said this Jesus made prayer; and after the prayer he said: "Tomorrow we needs must pass into Samaria;, for so has said to me the holy angel of God."

Early on the morning of a certain day, Jesus arrived near the well which Jacob made and gave to Joseph his son. Whereupon Jesus being wearied with the journey, sent his disciples to the city to buy food. And so he sat himself down by the well, upon the stone of the well. And, lo, a woman of Samaria comes to the well to draw water. Jesus says to the woman: "Give me to drink." The woman answered: "Now, are you not ashamed that you, being an Hebrew, ask drink of me which am a Samaritan woman?"

Jesus answered: "O woman, if you knew who he is that asks you for drink, perhaps you would have asked of him for drink." The woman answered: "Now how should you give me to drink, seeing you have no vessel to draw the water, nor rope, and the well is deep?"

Jesus answered: "O woman, whoever drinks of the water of this well, thirst comes to him again, but whosoever drinks of the water that I give has thirst no more; but to them that have thirst give they to drink, insomuch that they come to eternal life." Then said the woman: "O Lord, give me of this your water." Jesus answered: "Go call your husband, and to both of you I will give to drink." The woman said: "I have no husband." Jesus answered: "Well have you said the truth, for you have had five husbands, and he whom you now have is not your husband."

The woman was confounded hearing this, and said: "Lord, hereby perceive I that you are a prophet; therefore tell me, I pray: the Hebrews make prayer on mount Sion in the Temple built by Solomon in Jerusalem, and say that there and nowhere else [men] find grace and mercy of God. And our people worship on these mountains, and say that only on the mountains of Samaria ought worship to be made. Who are the true worshippers?"

(Contd.)
John

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

MUQ wrote:
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-40
Chapter 81 Jesus and the women from Samaria
.. And having said this Jesus made prayer; and after the prayer he said: "Tomorrow we needs must pass into Samaria;, for so has said to me the holy angel of God."
Early on the morning of a certain day, Jesus arrived near the well which Jacob made and gave to Joseph his son. Whereupon Jesus being wearied with the journey, sent his disciples to the city to buy food. And so he sat himself down by the well, upon the stone of the well. And, lo, a woman of Samaria comes to the well to draw water. Jesus says to the woman: "Give me to drink." The woman answered: "Now, are you not ashamed that you, being an Hebrew, ask drink of me which am a Samaritan woman?"
Jesus answered: "O woman, if you knew who he is that asks you for drink, perhaps you would have asked of him for drink." The woman answered: "Now how should you give me to drink, seeing you have no vessel to draw the water, nor rope, and the well is deep?"
Jesus answered: "O woman, whoever drinks of the water of this well, thirst comes to him again, but whosoever drinks of the water that I give has thirst no more; but to them that have thirst give they to drink, insomuch that they come to eternal life." Then said the woman: "O Lord, give me of this your water." Jesus answered: "Go call your husband, and to both of you I will give to drink." The woman said: "I have no husband." Jesus answered: "Well have you said the truth, for you have had five husbands, and he whom you now have is not your husband."
The woman was confounded hearing this, and said: "Lord, hereby perceive I that you are a prophet; therefore tell me, I pray: the Hebrews make prayer on mount Sion in the Temple built by Solomon in Jerusalem, and say that there and nowhere else [men] find grace and mercy of God. And our people worship on these mountains, and say that only on the mountains of Samaria ought worship to be made. Who are the true worshippers?"
(Contd.)
The "Gospel of Barnabas" is an islamic forgery created in Istanbul in the 1600s.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

What do we know about the “Gospel of Barnabas”?
http://answering-islam.org/Barnabas/

The Muslim scholar Cyril Glassé states:

As regards the "Gospel of Barnabas" itself, there is no question that it is a medieval forgery. A complete Italian manuscript exists which appears to be a translation from a Spanish original (which exists in part), written to curry favor with Muslims of the time. It contains anachronisms which can date only from the Middle Ages and not before, and shows a garbled comprehension of Islamic doctrines, calling the Prophet "the Messiah", which Islam does not claim for him. Besides its farcical notion of sacred history, stylistically it is a mediocre parody of the Gospels, as the writings of Baha'Allah are of the Koran.

The Concise Encyclopedia of Islam, Harper & Row, 1989, p. 64

See also: http://answering-islam.org/Barnabas/saleeb.ht...
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

“The Gospel of Barnabas”— A Muslim Fraud
http://www.truthmagazine.com/archives/volume4...

David Sox, on pages 13 and 14 in his book The Gospel of Barnabas writes:

“In conjunction with the London-based Union of Muslim Organizations in 1981 a handsome little volume for English-speaking Muslim children was published entitled The Prophets. The prefatory ‘Letter to Muslim Parents and Children’ states:‘This book has been written for your children so that they may know something about our great prophets.’ Chapter 9 deals with Isa (Jesus). Under the section ‘Isa (peace be on him) Is Taken Up’, we read:”

Some of the Israelites did not believe in Isa (peace be on him). They were jealous. They reported lies to the Roman governor against him. At last Judas, one of those disciples who were with him, decided to betray him. Saint Barnabas, one of his closest friends, has written about this. Isa (peace be on him) was staying in a disciple’s house. Judas had told the Roman soldiers that they should catch the man whom he would kiss on the cheek. He went and kissed Isa (peace be on him). But the whole room became dark and there was confusion. When the room became bright, the soldiers caught Judas because Allah had changed his features. He looked like Isa (peace be on him). He protested. He appealed. But the soldiers laughed. They put a crown of thorns on him and said, thinking he was Isa (peace be on him),“Now you are the King of the Jews.”

He was taken to the gallows and crucified.

Most of the disciples of Isa (peace be on him) were either confused or believed that it was Isa (peace be on him) who was crucified. Some of them went and buried him. Later on some of them dug up the grave and took away the dead body and told people that he had gone to Heaven.
Saint Barnabas, one of his nearest disciples, says in his written account, that he was not crucified and that he was alive. He came in the company of angels in order to tell his mother that he was alive so that she could get some peace of mind.

As stated, this story of the crucifixion is based on what these Muslims claim Barnabas wrote about Jesus. Thus we see why The Gospel of Barnabas is being touted by them as the “real” gospel.

David Sox tells the story of his investigations into the origins of this document. Here is a paragraph from his book which summarizes the story.

As we have seen, there is overwhelming evidence that Codex 2662 is a medieval production: the handwriting, paper and its watermark alone are enough to decide the issue for any museum. The internal evidence is equally decisive: the tell-tale clues given in the “Jubilee Year” and “true book of Moses” episodes (see pages 29 and 43-44); a medieval Italian flavor to much of the writing; spectacular geographical and historical errors no first-century Palestinian writer could have made; and the enthusiasm of a “convert” which sometimes make Barnabas more Muslim than the Koran (50).

The Gospel of Barnabas first appeared in the latter part of the sixteenth century in the hands of Fra Marino, a monk who had converted to Islam. The document was written in Italian. It is likely that Fra Marino himself put it together, using a number of sources. It did not become known until this century. The manuscript is now in the imperial library of Vienna.

In recent years Muslims have been claiming that The Gospel of Barnabas was written by the Barnabas of the Bible and is the true story of Jesus. They take great delight in charging Christians with “hiding” this “gospel.” It is worthwhile, therefore, for Christians to know at least a little bit about this fraudulent book.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul,
Jesus did not give any authority to any one. Aslo, he was not given any authority by God to declare that he was God or that Jesus was divine.
The Godless Church also had no authority to make that man divine or God.
We do not have Jesus on record for saying, "I am God" or "I am the Father" or "I am this" or "I am that".
If Jesus had ever said that, the story-tellers and the tale collectors would have surely mentioned but none did.
Everything from the Bishops and the Church, is silly, absurd and a pile of wild conjecture. Don't trust the Church.
End of the story.
And who are you to make claims about Jesus' Catholic Church. You are not baptized and have not the Spirit of God dwelling in you. Great Holy Spirit filled men and women do not agree with you, they have proven themselves approved by God through miracles performed through their intercession in the Name of Jesus.

The Holy Bible clearly states that Jesus will remain with His Holy Church tell the end of time and that the Holy Spirit will lead her in all Truth. Jesus is the only Way to union with God in Heaven.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Buford wrote:
What do we know about the “Gospel of Barnabas”?
http://answering-islam.org/Barnabas/
The Muslim scholar Cyril Glassé states:
As regards the "Gospel of Barnabas" itself, there is no question that it is a medieval forgery. A complete Italian manuscript exists which appears to be a translation from a Spanish original (which exists in part), written to curry favor with Muslims of the time. It contains anachronisms which can date only from the Middle Ages and not before, and shows a garbled comprehension of Islamic doctrines, calling the Prophet "the Messiah", which Islam does not claim for him. Besides its farcical notion of sacred history, stylistically it is a mediocre parody of the Gospels, as the writings of Baha'Allah are of the Koran.
The Concise Encyclopedia of Islam, Harper & Row, 1989, p. 64
See also: http://answering-islam.org/Barnabas/saleeb.ht...
Whatever!

I find the gospel of Barnabas far superior to the four gospels. I strongly recommend to every Christian that it should be read 'before and after reading' any other gospels.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever!
I find the gospel of Barnabas far superior to the four gospels. I strongly recommend to every Christian that it should be read 'before and after reading' any other gospels.
You guys complain about the Gospels be written a few years after Jesus' resurrection and then want them to read some 'gospel' written in the 16th century. You make no sense.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Gospel of Barnabas" is an islamic forgery created in Istanbul in the 1600s.
No, that is not correct. No Muslim will write a gospel.

If it were true, then there would have been Gospel, According to Mahmood; Gospel, According to Abu Isa; Gospel, According to Maryam, Gospel, Acording to Falaan Bin Falaan and so on.

Even the four gospels in the New Testament, are forgeries.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
And who are you to make claims about Jesus' Catholic Church. You are not baptized and have not the Spirit of God dwelling in you.

Great Holy Spirit filled men and women do not agree with you, they have proven themselves approved by God through miracles performed through their intercession in the Name of Jesus.

The Holy Bible clearly states that Jesus will remain with His Holy Church tell the end of time and that the Holy Spirit will lead her in all Truth. Jesus is the only Way to union with God in Heaven.
Paul, I do not make absurd claims as the Church and Christianity do. I state the facts, which no one can deny.

You said that I am not baptized. Even Jesus' won mother wasn't baptized and neither was john the Baptist baptized. Even King David wasn't baptized. Jesus' own disciples were not baptized. Not a single patriarch was baptized and neither were the Hebrews and the Jews were baptized.

Baptism was never an important requirement of mainstream Judaism. John was dipping members of his own sect and it so happened that he proposed to dunk Jesus in the river and Jesus, out of courtesy, agreed.

God dwells in everybody. Satan also dwells in everybody. That does not mean that God and Satan are really residing in the blood pump.

Jesus is not the way. He showed no way. You can read John and see how bored was philip, when he said,'Lord, show us the Father."

God is in my heart and my mind. I do not need a fictitious Ghost to tell me that.
John

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is not correct. No Muslim will write a gospel.
If it were true, then there would have been Gospel, According to Mahmood; Gospel, According to Abu Isa; Gospel, According to Maryam, Gospel, Acording to Falaan Bin Falaan and so on.
Even the four gospels in the New Testament, are forgeries.
Muslims are creepy rats who have forged and lied since the false paedophile prophet mo started preaching.
The "Gospel Of Barnabas" is a joke full of medieval anachronisms and has never fooled Christendom.
It was written to fool muztards, which it gas done so well.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys complain about the Gospels be written a few years after Jesus' resurrection and then want them to read some 'gospel' written in the 16th century. You make no sense.
I am not complaining, Paul.

I suggest that the four gospels be thrown out and replaced by a single comprehensive gospel. Barnabas would be the best choice.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think in GOB you will find Jesus talking to Most of his chosen disciples. It is very logical and reasonable.
In the four "canonical Gospels" most of Jesus' chosen disciples are "men without faces"....they do not ask any clarifications, they do not talk to Jesus and jesus does not talk to them.
Any question / observation they make, is ridiculous straight away. I do not know what they try to convey about those disciples of Jesus.
Why did Jesus chose them in the first place? If they were the "best of the lot", what can we say about the level of others who followed Jesus?
All these questions remain unanswered if we "only" read Canonical Gospels.
And they say "A Muslim wrote GOB".... it would have been a "strange Muslim" to know so much about Jesus and Christianity!!
Salaam
MUQ
Indeed, MUQ.

Thanks

Salaams
BMZ
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Paul, I do not make absurd claims as the Church and Christianity do. I state the facts, which no one can deny.
You said that I am not baptized. Even Jesus' won mother wasn't baptized and neither was john the Baptist baptized. Even King David wasn't baptized. Jesus' own disciples were not baptized. Not a single patriarch was baptized and neither were the Hebrews and the Jews were baptized.
Baptism was never an important requirement of mainstream Judaism. John was dipping members of his own sect and it so happened that he proposed to dunk Jesus in the river and Jesus, out of courtesy, agreed.
God dwells in everybody. Satan also dwells in everybody. That does not mean that God and Satan are really residing in the blood pump.
Jesus is not the way. He showed no way. You can read John and see how bored was philip, when he said,'Lord, show us the Father."
God is in my heart and my mind. I do not need a fictitious Ghost to tell me that.
You must be Born Again of the water and the Spirit. You make up wild claims with no proof. What proof have you that Jesus' mother and disciples were not baptized? You have none. Without accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior you have no life in you. You have the spirit of the anti-christ in you if you claim Jesus is not God in the flesh. You have no standing in the Body of Christ to make any claims about Jesus Church and His teachings.
John

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan certainly dwells in the raping murdering muztards.
Evil and hate are in your heart and mind like all muzzies.
Yeh, the butchering paedophile mo showed you the way huh?
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not complaining, Paul.
I suggest that the four gospels be thrown out and replaced by a single comprehensive gospel. Barnabas would be the best choice.
Who are you, a prophet of God? But you claim mohammad was the last prophet, so does he say to use the book of Barnabas as a gospel to replace the true Gospels of Christ Jesus? Since mohammad was the last prophet according to you there is no one in the muslim community that can speak for God. That makes the koran and hadiths as false since you don't have the original koran and the hadiths were written by men a hundred years after mohammad died.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

John wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims are creepy rats who have forged and lied since the false paedophile prophet mo started preaching.
The "Gospel Of Barnabas" is a joke full of medieval anachronisms and has never fooled Christendom.
It was written to fool muztards, which it gas done so well.
To us, all gospels are absurd. We find GOB better than the other junk and stuff of the New Testament.
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
To us, all gospels are absurd. We find GOB better than the other junk and stuff of the New Testament.
Why would we think you would think anything else? You have not the Holy Spirit of God.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••