Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253481 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#159684 Jan 22, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Get help in understanding the post. Your quotient deficiency is PART of your problem. Try.
HughBe--Tell me the word that is used for NATION in YOUR Tanach. see passage below.
Frijoles--- I just did
HughBe-- Really? Please be kind and repeat your explanation as I am CONFIDENT that I shall not find it but YOU know your explanation so there should be no problems MON.
Frijoles--- What is GOWY? Goyim means nation plural. IF Israel is a nation, than it could be goy.
HughBe--- Thank you for your explanation. I have noted your IF.
Frijoles---What passage are you referring to?
HughBe--- Your question reflects the teachings received in your religion. I have REPEATED the passage MANY times and yet you ask, what passage?
Here it is again and please tell me the word for NATION.
"And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy NATION. These [are] the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel"
Again ---
1.Explain what you meant by "none of that has any Hebraic foundation".
2. Are YOU telling me that God Almighty did NOT call Israel GOY?
Frijoles--Part of the problem here is you are forcing 20th century political entities on a manuscript that dealt with tribalism.
HughBe--- Your darkness will be removed as soon as you have answered my questions. Your dodging my questions is part of your problem plus you cleave to POLITICS and DECEIT.
FRijoles--- Hence, the term people is probably more apropro than nation(state)
HughBe--- Tell God that. Tell your rabbis to INSTRUCT God Almighty so that He shall know the more appropriate word to use. CORRECT His foolish and inappropriate words.
I have better things to do than to wade into your posts

If you have a question, state it in single paragraph form and I will try to understand it.

Location hidden

#159685 Jan 22, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Bi-Frijoles, I must go now. See you in approximately 3 hours time, if possible.
You cant even get thru the early morning without some type of gay sexual innuendo

you have it bad.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#159686 Jan 22, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you can subsitute the Name of Jesus for God; they are the same.
Thank you ...
Allow me to help re-write your God's words.....

John 14:26
But the Comforter,[which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

BETTER PRESENTED VERSION -"god" inspired......

But JESUS,[which is] JESUS, whom JESUS will send in the name of JESUS, he, JESUS shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I, Jesus, have said unto you.

MAKES A LOT OF SENSE!!!!!!!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#159687 Jan 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I think he is on meth.
Answer the questions instead of making personal atacks O' Vile Non-Gentile Spin Doc!

Ah! We must ask the non- gentile spin doctor about this because you mentioned Messiah!!!

The non-gentile man,(jesus) claimed that he was messiah...

The non-gentile man did not say I have come for the Gentiles as King or leader, but I have come for non-gentiles as Messiah...

Does spin doctor wish to get involved in such trivia as he knows where his bagel is buttered?
Let's ask spin doctor:
- O' spin doctor...Is Jesus God?
- O' spin doctor...Is Jesus the Messiah?
- O' spin doctor...Is Messiah God?
Does the concept of Messiah belong to Gentiles or non-gentiles?
Thank you spin doctor...
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#159688 Jan 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I have better things to do than to wade into your posts
If you have a question, state it in single paragraph form and I will try to understand it.
Better things to do?
Make personal attacks...?
Spin your way out of control?
Defend NON-GENTILE liars?

You have NOTHING to do, besides watching posts 24/7 and jumping in here head first!!!
lying non-gentile...
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#159689 Jan 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
re: morning prayer of thank god she didnt make me a goy
as usual you interpret that thru the veil of antisemitism. The meaning of that prayer is that all of us have missions in life. AS Jews, we are glad of our mission. It doesnt berate the missions of others. Nowhere does it do that. That is SOLELY your bias.
That said, historically many PC Jews have been uncomfortable with the wording. The Reform, Reconstructionist, and Conservative movements have largely removed it from the liturgy to appease the goyim (pun intended) and to make themselves feel better.
The orthodox, who tend to have a more educated perspective on the liturgy, tend to leave it be. Myself, I substitute the more focused and benign wording of "thank God I am a Jew".
As usual, I expect you and UhUh to ignore this post as it clashes with your world view.
Any attempts to point out non-gentile excesses and arrogance is known as "anti semitism"!
The non-gentiles are blameless.
They never denied Jesus.
They never murdered him.
They never murdered the "new Christians".
Their books don't hijack god for themselves and insult Gentiles.
Their "books" and traditions...don't call Gentiles DOGS and PIGS.
Thank you spin doc.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#159690 Jan 22, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when English is your language, asian immigrant?
Anyway psychotic, I see you have no idea what pill means, I thought English was your native language, right?
Food for thought to Alexia the psychotic.
Definition of pill:
1.a small globular or rounded mass of medicinal substance, usually covered with a hard coating, that is to be swallowed whole.
2.something unpleasant that has to be accepted or endured: Ingratitude is a bitter pill.
3.Slang. a tiresomely disagreeable person.
4.Sports Slang. a ball, especially a baseball or golf ball.
5.the pill, birth-control pill.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pill...
So, seeing you are not progressing I am wondering if you have taken any pill? I guess you don't
Sick C*nt ...stop cutting and pasting.
Thank you for insulting asian immigrants to my country, but they are better than nutters like you.
Back to reality...
Stop murdering my language.
Did you take "the pill" this morning?
Good!....You won't get pregnant.
The world will be spared of Junior "stefano the deranged"!!
(please don't tell me you are a man!)

Location hidden

#159691 Jan 22, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Any attempts to point out non-gentile excesses and arrogance is known as "anti semitism"!
The non-gentiles are blameless.
They never denied Jesus.
They never murdered him.
They never murdered the "new Christians".
Their books don't hijack god for themselves and insult Gentiles.
Their "books" and traditions...don't call Gentiles DOGS and PIGS.
Thank you spin doc.
If that isnt excess, I dont know what excess is

get off the drugs
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#159692 Jan 22, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when English is your language, asian immigrant?
Anyway psychotic, I see you have no idea what pill means, I thought English was your native language, right?
Food for thought to Alexia the psychotic.
Definition of pill:
1.a small globular or rounded mass of medicinal substance, usually covered with a hard coating, that is to be swallowed whole.
2.something unpleasant that has to be accepted or endured: Ingratitude is a bitter pill.
3.Slang. a tiresomely disagreeable person.
4.Sports Slang. a ball, especially a baseball or golf ball.
5.the pill, birth-control pill.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pill...
So, seeing you are not progressing I am wondering if you have taken any pill? I guess you don't
The idiot keeps falling into cesspits!!!!!
I DID refer to THE Pill!!
I DID give her/him a huge clue about her/him being "pregnant"!
But will s/he learn?
Nope!

Location hidden

#159693 Jan 22, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Better things to do?
Make personal attacks...?
Spin your way out of control?
Defend NON-GENTILE liars?
You have NOTHING to do, besides watching posts 24/7 and jumping in here head first!!!
lying non-gentile...
add paranoia to your character traits as well

speaking of nothing to do, am I the one who babbles vitriol endlessly here?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#159694 Jan 22, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
No one believes that BS anymore.
No one?
How about No two, No three.....?
lol..
Give it a rest dumbass....You haven't a clue.

Location hidden

#159695 Jan 22, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the questions instead of making personal atacks O' Vile ..
I've done everything but beg Hughbe to ask me the question in simple terms.

Maybe you know what he is asking me.

I dont have the energy to wade into his posts.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#159696 Jan 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that you have named your favorite spirit.

Care to comment on this Non-Gentile attack on Poor GENTILE Christians?

Can you give a reason why Jews say Isaiah 9:6 does not refer to Jesus?

Answer: Christian theologians argue that the name "A wonderful counselor is the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the ruler of peace" refers to Jesus, who they ALLEGE combined human and divine qualities. They MISTAKENLY believe that such a name can only be applied to God Himself. Moreover, THE CHRISTIANS INCORRECTLY TRANSLATE THE VERBS IN VERSE 5 IN THE FUTURE TENSE, instead of the past, as the Hebrew original reads. Thus, the Christians render verse 5 as: "For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on his shoulders; and his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."
While admitting that "wonderful counselor" and "ruler of peace" can be applied to a man, Christian theologians argue that the phrases "mighty God" and "everlasting Father" cannot be incorporated as part of a man's name. Thus, they contend that Isaiah teaches that the Messiah has to be not only a man, but God as well.
That THIS ENTIRE REASONING IS INCORRECT may be seen from the name Elihu, "My God is He," which refers to an ordinary human being (Job 32:1, 1 Samuel 1:l, 1 Chronicles 12:21, 26:7, 27:18).
A similar CHRISTIAN MISUNDERSTANDING OF SCRIPTURE may be seen in their claims revolving around the name Immanuel, "God is with us." The simple fact is that it is quite common in the Bible for human beings to be given names that have the purpose of declaring or reflecting a particular attribute of God, e.g., Eliab, Eliada, Elzaphan, Eliakim, Elisha, Eleazar, Tavel, Gedaliah.
The fact remains that JESUS DID NOT literally or figuratively FULFILL ANY OF ISAIAH'S WORDS. A wonderful counselor does not advise his followers that if they have faith they can be agents of destruction (Matthew 21:19-21; Mark 11:14, 20-23). A mighty God does not take orders from anyone (Luke2:51, Hebrews 5:8), for no one is greater than he is (Matthew 12:31-32; John 5:30, 14:28).
Moreover, he does not ask or need to be saved by anyone (Matthew 26:39, Luke 22:42), for he cannot die by any means (Matthew 27:50, Mark 15:37, Luke 23:46, John 19:30). He who is called the Son of God the Father (John 1:18, 3:16) cannot himself be called everlasting Father. One cannot play simultaneously the role of the son and the Father; it is an obvious self-contradiction. He who advocates family strife (Matthew 10:34-35, Luke 12:49-53) and killing enemies (Luke 19:27) cannot be called a ruler of peace.

Thank you Spinner!
Sayer

Cheyenne, WY

#159697 Jan 22, 2013
We ARE a spirit being. We HAVE a soul. We LIVE IN a body.

We are made in God's image.

He IS a spirit being. He HAS a soul. He LIVES IN a body.

So, one can be three and three can be one. Go figure.

Since God AND Jesus AND the Holy Ghost are all wrapped up together (and yet apart), I see no reason Jesus can not be considered everlasting father, too.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#159698 Jan 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
add paranoia to your character traits as well
speaking of nothing to do, am I the one who babbles vitriol endlessly here?
Hey spin dryer...

We know how to get a reaction from you..

All we have to say is:

"Non-Gentile are LIARS"!!

and...you will be here like a shot!!

Now that says it all!
A good day to you spin boy.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#159699 Jan 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Only on that? You're too nice.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#159700 Jan 22, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I've done everything but beg Hughbe to ask me the question in simple terms.
Maybe you know what he is asking me.
I dont have the energy to wade into his posts.
Dear self appointed spin doc..
You don't have to use HughBe as an excuse for this...

We want your opinion about the non-gentile man,(jesus) who claimed that he was messiah...

I believe that the non-gentile man did not say "I have come for the Gentiles as King or leader", but he said "I have come for non-gentiles as their Messiah".

- O' spin doctor...Is Jesus God?
- O' spin doctor...Is Jesus the Messiah?
- O' spin doctor...Is Messiah God?

Does the concept of Messiah belong to Gentiles or non-gentiles?
Thank you spin doctor...
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#159701 Jan 22, 2013
Sayer wrote:
We ARE a spirit being. We HAVE a soul. We LIVE IN a body.
We are made in God's image.
He IS a spirit being. He HAS a soul. He LIVES IN a body.
So, one can be three and three can be one. Go figure.
Since God AND Jesus AND the Holy Ghost are all wrapped up together (and yet apart), I see no reason Jesus can not be considered everlasting father, too.
And this makes sense.....

But the Comforter,[which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

A BETTER PRESENTED VERSION -"god" inspired......

But JESUS,[which is] JESUS, whom JESUS will send in the name of JESUS, he, JESUS shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I, Jesus, have said unto you.

DOES IT MAKE A LOT OF SENSE TO YOU?

Location hidden

#159702 Jan 22, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for insulting asian immigrants to my country, but they are better than nutters like you.
Is it offensive this: "Since when English is your language, asian immigrant?"?

Do you have any issue with the words asian immigrants?

On a second thought you're right it's an insult for them to know you are an asian immigrant, in UK.

Location hidden

#159703 Jan 22, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
The idiot keeps falling into cesspits!!!!!
I DID refer to THE Pill!!
I DID give her/him a huge clue about her/him being "pregnant"!
But will s/he learn?
Nope!
Paranoia on display, Father Fraud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 6 hr Patrick 4,657
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul 21 thetruth 782
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul 14 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun 30 Wolf 1
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Jun 28 Friendly User17 348
News Ancient Spirituality and Commerce Clash in Mari El (Aug '10) Jun 25 yav1112 13
News Pastor: Church sign on Ramadan drew angry call,... Jun '16 The Prophet MO LIES 9
More from around the web