Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 230949 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#159102 Jan 19, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's even MORE study help for you!
http://ad2004.com/prophecytruths/Articles/Pro...
Not more than 36 hours.

Went in Friday evening. Out by early Sunday morning. Count and see how many hours do you get!

My workout: Friday eve to Saturday eve: 24 hours

Saturday eve to midnight: 6 hours.

That gives a total of 30 hours. Assuming he went out early in the morning at Fajr time, we add six hours.

Total: 36 hours only.
bmz

Singapore

#159103 Jan 19, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
My dear BMZ, I have noted your opinion. Let me say that I am confident that in sitting on the fence you shall not fall backwards.
lol!

Sure, friend, I will not fall.
bmz

Singapore

#159104 Jan 19, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Like you, Peter was slow to comprehend that Jesus would rise from the dead, but he eventually "got it." I expect you to remain as clueless and uncomprehending as ever. Even so, here's another passage for your consideration and that of the "international readers."
Luke 24:13-35
13 Now that same day two of them were going to a village called Emmaus, about seven miles from Jerusalem. 14 They were talking with each other about everything that had happened. 15 As they talked and discussed these things with each other, Jesus himself came up and walked along with them; 16 but they were kept from recognizing him.
17 He asked them,“What are you discussing together as you walk along?”
They stood still, their faces downcast. 18 One of them, named Cleopas, asked him,“Are you the only one visiting Jerusalem who does not know the things that have happened there in these days?”
19 “What things?” he asked.
“About Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied.“He was a prophet, powerful in word and deed before God and all the people. 20 The chief priests and our rulers handed him over to be sentenced to death, and they crucified him; 21 but we had hoped that he was the one who was going to redeem Israel. And what is more, it is the third day since all this took place. 22 In addition, some of our women amazed us. They went to the tomb early this morning 23 but didn’t find his body. They came and told us that they had seen a vision of angels, who said he was alive. 24 Then some of our companions went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but they did not see Jesus.”
25 He said to them,“How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Did not the Messiah have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?” 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.
28 As they approached the village to which they were going, Jesus continued on as if he were going farther. 29 But they urged him strongly,“Stay with us, for it is nearly evening; the day is almost over.” So he went in to stay with them.
30 When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. 31 Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32 They asked each other,“Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?”
33 They got up and returned at once to Jerusalem. There they found the Eleven and those with them, assembled together 34 and saying,“It is true! The Lord has risen and has appeared to Simon.” 35 Then the two told what had happened on the way, and how Jesus was recognized by them when he broke the bread.
How foolish you are Buford and how slow you are in understanding?

The above passages show all the talks after the alleged resurrection.

What has this drama from Luke got to do with my question? Where is it written in the Scripture that Jesus is alleged to have referred to?

The New Testament is NOT THAT Scripture.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#159105 Jan 19, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you mention something like the names of people mentioned in Genesis?
Who wrote your thetorah?
Instead of bullcrapping...can you popint to the EXACT original and where is it?
rabbee: what you don't accept, what it says in TheTorah? that G-D wrote it on, the two tablets of stone to give to Moshe? not just once, but twice. and even if i did know, where it was at presently. why would i tell any of you, the enemies of G-D where it is at? when even all the jews, have also become the enemy of G-D too.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#159107 Jan 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The compact Torah is also present in the Qur'aan. However, it is not your TheTorah.
rabbee: ah just another, sophistications of vain men. and does not even accept the prophecy, of me and the woman being returned.
bmz

Singapore

#159108 Jan 19, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Writes the man who believes the hearsay testimony of some Arabian warlord who claimed to be some kind of prophet or messenger of Allah. It doesn't matter that this Arabian was SIX CENTURIES REMOVED from the events in question; what matters is that he said in his Big Book 4:157 that "Jesus" was neither crucified nor killed.

The obvious question is why anyone SHOULD believe that this Arabian warlord and self-proclaimed prophet's testimony is anywhere close to being true.
Actually, I came to that conclusion years ago after reading and analyzing the gospels. You should read MatthewLeaks to discover the leak and JohnLeaks to cover up that leak, if you are able to fathom what I mean.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#159109 Jan 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, MUQ
There is no question of if. The gospels do not tell us the truth. The four gospels are full of fabricated stories, cooked up reference to the Scripture and cannot be trusted.
If Jesus had really told his disciples that he would die and get resurrected within three days, not only the disciples but also even an ignorant fool would have remembered that 'big' statement.
That Peter went home wondering what had happened, clearly tells us that there was no such information given by Jesus earlier.
Gospels were engineered or say doctored later to accomodate the alleged resurrection.
Let us read this part from Luke 24:
"He said to them,“This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”
45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them,“This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, "
Please mark this part: "“This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, ""
This is NOT written anywhere in the Scripture. This is the engineered/doctored part.
My point is that the gospels cannot be trusted!
The tomb accounts tell us that Jesus stayed in there for hardly 36 hours.
Why don't they "THINK" about overwhelming number of "women" visitors?
Besides the cowardly, denying, "naked runner" disciples, did BJ not have any other male followers? LOL...

**** So they went to "anoint" thinking nobody would have moved the stone?? How will they "anoint" him from behind the HEAVY stone???******* What a classic!!!

Mark:
The first day of the week (Sunday Very early just after sunrise?). Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome.(3 women); brought spices to anoint the body.
Conversation on the way: "Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?"
When was the stone rolled away? The stone had been rolled away when they arrived.
Who was there?one young man.
When appeared? Waiting inside the tomb when the women entered.
Where appeared? Inside the tomb, on the right side.

Matthew:
The first day of the week (Sunday dawn?). Mary Magdalene and the other Mary(2 women); they went to look at the tomb.
When was the stone rolled away? AFTER they arrived, an angel appeared, rolled the stone away and sat on it.
Who was there?one angel.
When appeared? Came down in front of them to roll away the stone after they arrived
Where appeared? Sitting on the stone door outside the tomb.

Luke:
The first day of the week (Sunday very early in the morning?). Mary Magdalene, Joanna, Mary the mother of James, and the others with them
(> 3 women); took the spices they had prepared.
When was the stone rolled away? The stone had been rolled away when they arrived.
Who was there? Two men.
When appeared? After the women entered the tomb.
Where appeared? "Suddenly they stood beside them"

John:
The first day of the week (Sunday early whie it was still dark?). Mary Magdalene (1 woman).
When was the stone rolled away? The stone had been rolled away when Mary arrived.
Who was there? Two angels
When appeared? Waiting inside the tomb when Mary entered (but were not there earlier when Peter and John looked inside)
Where appeared? Sitting inside the tomb, one at the head and one at the foot of where Jesus' body had been

1 Cor.:
Third day after the Crucifixion!!!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#159110 Jan 19, 2013
**** So they went to "anoint" thinking nobody would have moved the stone?? How will they "anoint" him from behind the HEAVY stone??? Was she planning on moving the stone??******* What a classic!!!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#159111 Jan 19, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! So THIS is what your meds do to you!
Seems meds have given me my brain back! You ought to take yours pdq instead of burying your head inside non-gentile orifices!!!
frat brainwashed and dried braindead non-gentile bu(tteredbuttturdlick)ford....

WHAT ON EARTH IS GENTILE CHRISTIAN DOING WITH THESE "EDITED"/"CORRE CTED" NON GENTILE BOOKS??
THESE ARE
***NOT FROM THEM
***NOT ABOUT THEM (BESIDES INSULTING THEM)
***NOT TO THEM
***NOT BY THEM
***NOT OF THEM (BESIDES INSULTING THEM)
***NOT FOR THEM
INFACT THESE WANT THE GENTILE UTTERLY DESTROYED!!
NonGenesis- Genesis
NonGenExodus -Exodus
NonGentiLeviticus- Leviticus
NonGenNmbers- Numbers
NonGenDeuteronomy -Deuteronomy
NonGenJoshua - Joshua
NonGenJudges -Judges
NonGenRuth - Ruth
NonGen1st Samuel -1st Samuel
NonGen2nd Samuel – 2nd Samuel
NonGen1st Kings – 1st Kings
NonGen2nd Kings – 2nd kings
NonGen1st Chronicles - 1st Chronicles
NonGen2nd Chronicles - 2nd Chronicles
NonGenEzra -Ezra
NonGeNehemiah -Nehemiah
NonGenEsther -Esther
NonGenJob -Job
NonGenPsalms -Psalms
NonGenProverbs -Proverbs
NonGenEcclesiastes - Ecclesiastes
NonGenSong of Solomon – song of Solomon
NonGenIsaiah - Isaiah
NonGenJeremiah - Jeremiah
NonGenLamentations - LAmentations
NonGenEzekiel - Ezekiel
NonGenDaniel - Daniel
NonGenHosea - Hosea
NonGenJoel - Joel
NonGenAmos - Amos
NonGenObadiah - Obadiah
NonGenJonah - Jonah
NonGenMicah - Micah
NonGeNahum - Nahum
NonGenHabakkuk - Habakkuk
NonGenZephaniah - Zephaniah
NonGenHaggai - Haggai
NonGenZechariah - Zechariah
NonGenMalachi - Malachi
NonGenTobit - Tobit
NonGenJudith - Judith
NonGen1st Maccabees – 1st Maccabees
NonGen2nd Maccabees – 2nt Maccabees
NonGenWisdom - Wisdom
NonGenSirach - Sirach
NonGenBaruch - Baruch
NonGen1-4 Esdras – 1-4 Esdras
NonGen3rd Maccabees – 3rd Maccabees
NonGen4th Maccabees – 4th Maccabees
NonGenPrayer of Manasseh – Prayer of Manasseh
NonGenPsalm 151 (in the Septuagint)– Psalm 151
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#159112 Jan 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
Actually, I came to that conclusion years ago after reading and analyzing the gospels. You should read MatthewLeaks to discover the leak and JohnLeaks to cover up that leak, if you are able to fathom what I mean.
Hells bells, buddy, all that you can claim as "FACT" about miraculously conceived, miracle working, and rescued from death by crucifiction "Jesus" is what that so-called "prophet" of yours dictated to his scribes some SIX CENTURIES LATER.

My guess is that he got most of it from Waraqa the EX-Christian, but twisted it in the retelling to serve his own purposes.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#159113 Jan 19, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: what you don't accept, what it says in TheTorah? that G-D wrote it on, the two tablets of stone to give to Moshe? not just once, but twice. and even if i did know, where it was at presently. why would i tell any of you, the enemies of G-D where it is at? when even all the jews, have also become the enemy of G-D too.
Come on dear deluded rabbee....
"even the non gentiles??"....LOL... They wrote the books and they made themselves "special"...!

Where are the tablets?
Why did moses smash at the foot of the hill?
How dumb for little man to smash up "god"'s tablets?
Who has got these tablets in god's handwriting!!!!

All a load of bull made up by non gentiles to con the world!!

The Gentile Christian does not read or understand his/her scriptures. They were not even made avaialable to him in English until after 1600's...Even then the peasant classes didn't understand more than a couple of words!!

LOL..

You should get covered in chocolate so we can have a "whole nut" bar..!
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#159114 Jan 19, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not more than 36 hours.
Went in Friday evening. Out by early Sunday morning. Count and see how many hours do you get!
My workout: Friday eve to Saturday eve: 24 hours
Saturday eve to midnight: 6 hours.
That gives a total of 30 hours. Assuming he went out early in the morning at Fajr time, we add six hours.
Total: 36 hours only.
Braindead Muslim Zealot,

For starters, try considering the possibility of a week with two Sabbaths.
http://www.jesuschrist.com/jesus-christ-was-c...
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#159115 Jan 19, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Braindead Muslim Zealot,
LOL!!!!!!!!!
Why not THREE?
george whyte

Market Rasen, UK

#159116 Jan 19, 2013
Let us examine below some valid questions and answers :

Did the Pagan Arabs in pre-Islamic times worship 360 gods? Yes

Did the pagans Arabs worship the sun, moon and the stars? Yes

Did the Arabs built temples to the Moon-god? Yes

Did different Arab tribes give the Moon-god different names/titles? Yes

What were some of the names/titles? Sin, Hubul, Ilumquh, Al-ilah.

Was the title “al-ilah”(the god) used as the Moon-god? Yes

Was the word “Allah” derived from “al-ilah?” Yes

Was the pagan “Allah” a high god in a pantheon of deities? Yes.

Was he worshipped at the Kabah? Yes.

Was Allah only one of many Meccan gods? Yes

Did they place a statue of Hubul on top of the Kabah? Yes.

At that time was Hubul considered the Moon-god? Yes.

Was the Kabah thus the “house of the Moon-god”? Yes.

Did the name “Allah” eventually replace that of Hubul as the name of the Moon god? Yes.

Did they call the Kabah the “house of Allah”? Yes.

Were al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat called “the daughters of Allah”? Yes.

Yusuf Ali explains in fn. 5096, pg. 1445, that Lat, Uzza and Manat were known as “the daughters of God [Allah]”

Did the Qur’an at one point tell Muslims to worship al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat? Yes. In Surah 53:19-20.

Have those verses been “abrogated” out of the present Qur’an? Yes.

What were they called?“The Satanic Verses.”
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#159117 Jan 19, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Braindead Muslim Zealot,
You are brainless buttboy..!
The link is coming up with bullcrap from john made up 250 later!
Are you suggesting that Wednesday is a good day to murder false prophets as the non-gentiles murdered false prophets at leisure all the time as suggested by Jesus or even BJ?

Referring to 3 days and 3 nights about NonGenJonah is pathetic.
NonGenJonah was ALIVE before the whale grabbed him..he was ALIVE while in the whales belly and ALIVE when he was chucked out by the whale!
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#159118 Jan 19, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!!!!!!!
Why not THREE?
Al-EX the Phallocentric,

http://www.gotquestions.org/three-days.html

Excerpt:

The Wednesday opinion states that there were two Sabbaths that week. After the first one (the one that occurred on the evening of the crucifixion [Mark 15:42; Luke 23:52-54]), the women purchased spices—note that they made their purchase after the Sabbath (Mark 16:1). The Wednesday view holds that this “Sabbath” was the Passover (see Leviticus 16:29-31, 23:24-32, 39, where high holy days that are not necessarily the seventh day of the week are referred to as the Sabbath). The second Sabbath that week was the normal weekly Sabbath. Note that in Luke 23:56, the women who had purchased spices after the first Sabbath returned and prepared the spices, then “rested on the Sabbath.” The argument states that they could not purchase the spices after the Sabbath, yet prepare those spices before the Sabbath—unless there were two Sabbaths. With the two-Sabbath view, if Christ was crucified on Thursday, then the high holy Sabbath (the Passover) would have begun Thursday at sundown and ended at Friday sundown—at the beginning of the weekly Sabbath or Saturday. Purchasing the spices after the first Sabbath (Passover) would have meant they purchased them on Saturday and were breaking the Sabbath.

Therefore, according to the Wednesday viewpoint, the only explanation that does not violate the biblical account of the women and the spices and holds to a literal understanding of Matthew 12:40, is that Christ was crucified on Wednesday. The Sabbath that was a high holy day (Passover) occurred on Thursday, the women purchased spices (after that) on Friday and returned and prepared the spices on the same day, they rested on Saturday which was the weekly Sabbath, then brought the spices to the tomb early Sunday. Jesus was buried near sundown on Wednesday, which began Thursday in the Jewish calendar. Using a Jewish calendar, you have Thursday night (night one), Thursday day (day one), Friday night (night two), Friday day (day two), Saturday night (night three), Saturday day (day three). We do not know exactly what time He rose, but we do know that it was before sunrise on Sunday. He could have risen as early as just after sunset Saturday evening, which began the first day of the week to the Jews. The discovery of the empty tomb was made just at sunrise (Mark 16:2), before it was fully light (John 20:1).

A possible problem with the Wednesday view is that the disciples who walked with Jesus on the road to Emmaus did so on “the same day” of His resurrection (Luke 24:13). The disciples, who do not recognize Jesus, tell Him of Jesus' crucifixion (24:21) and say that “today is the third day since these things happened”(24:22). Wednesday to Sunday is four days. A possible explanation is that they may have been counting since Wednesday evening at Christ's burial, which begins the Jewish Thursday, and Thursday to Sunday could be counted as three days.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#159119 Jan 19, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are brainless buttboy..!
The link is coming up with bullcrap from john made up 250 later!
Are you suggesting that Wednesday is a good day to murder false prophets as the non-gentiles murdered false prophets at leisure all the time as suggested by Jesus or even BJ?
Referring to 3 days and 3 nights about NonGenJonah is pathetic.
NonGenJonah was ALIVE before the whale grabbed him..he was ALIVE while in the whales belly and ALIVE when he was chucked out by the whale!
Al-EX the Phallocentric,

Matthew 12:38 Then some of the Pharisees and teachers of the law said to him,“Teacher, we want to see a sign from you.”

39 He answered,“A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah. 40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."
george whyte

Market Rasen, UK

#159120 Jan 19, 2013
Buford he was using the jewish calender , a new day starts at sun set,,,remeber..

by this is an old debate, i remeber debating this with muslims 10 years ago
george whyte

Market Rasen, UK

#159121 Jan 19, 2013
we must conclude that since the Hebrew word for "mouse" is akbar, we should translate the Arabic sentence "Allahu Akbar" as

"Allah is a mouse"!
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#159122 Jan 19, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) 1 hr juicy 12
News Pagans Out Of The 'Broom Closet' In Southwest R... (Jan '10) 23 hr Kathwynn 241
News The Episcopal Church, Wiccans, and the Divine F... (Mar '10) Tue Really 64
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Aug 31 thetruth 14,715
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Aug 29 thetruth 59
Doris w/ Spells4free Aug 25 Redd 1
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Aug 19 Dude 12
More from around the web