Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,480)

Showing posts 149,581 - 149,600 of193,727
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Al-EX the Phallocentric,
http://www.religionfacts.com/homosexuality/is...
Homosexuality in the Sharia
While there is a consensus that same-sex intercourse is in violation of Islamic law, there are differences of opinion within Islamic scholarship about punishment, reformation, and what standards of proof are required before physical punishment becomes lawful.
In Sunni Islam there are eight madhhabs, or legal schools, of which only four still exist: Hanafi, Shafi'i, Hanbali, Maliki. The main Shia school is called Ja'fari, but there are Zaidi and Ismai'ili also. More recently, some groups have rejected this tradition in favor of greater ijtihad, or individual interpretation. Of these schools, according to Michael Mumisa of the Birmingham-based Al Mahdi institute:
•The Hanafi school does not consider same-sex intercourse to constitute adultery, and therefore leaves punishment up to the judge's discretion. Most early scholars of this school specifically ruled out the death penalty, others allow it for a second offence.
•Imam Shafi'i considers same-sex intercourse as analogous to other zina; thus, a married person found to have done so is punished as an adulterer (by stoning to death), and an unmarried one, as a fornicator, is left to be flogged.
•The Maliki school says that anyone (married or unmarried) found to have committed same-sex intercourse should be punished as an adulterer.
•Within the Ja'fari schools, Sayyid al-Khoi says that anyone (married or unmarried) found to have committed same-sex intercourse should be punished as an adulterer.
Correction, Buford

Should read:

So, under which school of thought, should we try you. Thanks
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

SANE MESSAGE:

Dr Roger Penrose, the world renowned mathematician from the University of Oxford, has said in a profound message:

“The issue of ‘responsibility’ raises deep philosophical questions concerning the ultimate cause of our behavior...Is the subject of ‘responsibility’ merely one of convenience of terminology, or is there actually something else – a conscient ‘self’ lying beyond all such influences – which exerts a control over our actions? The legal issue of ‘responsibility’ seems to imply that there is indeed, within each of us, some kind of an independent ‘self’ with its own responsibilities – and, by implications, rights – whose actions are not attributable to (genetic) inheritance, environment or chance. If it is other than a mere convenience of language that we speak as though there were such an independent ‘self’, then there must be an ingredient missing from our present-day physical understandings. The discovery of such an ingredient would surely profoundly alter our scientific outlook.”

COMMENT: Obviously, consciousness and its finer aspects like supramental processes, mind, emotions, will, thoughts, feelings and life are beyond the ken of the crude inferential methods/analyzes of physical sciences and mathematics.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Judged:

SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
What prophecy did your prophet Mohammad predict that has come to pass?
Predict: 1.to declare or tell in advance; prophesy; foretell: to predict the weather; to predict the fall of a civilization.
2.to foretell the future; make a prediction.
Muhammad was not in the business of prophecy. That the prophets came to prophesy, is absurd.

They simply conveyed the messages of God to man.

"Son of man, if you do this then this will happen......." used to be an advice. I do not see anyone's so-called prophecies coming true in the Bible.

Nostradamus would have been the greatest prophet, if we count prophesies. Folks operating Nostradamus Department keep churning out prophesies under his name.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>No, fool, it is mockery.
How come you could not understand when I mocked and made fun of you first, Slave?

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
SamBee--Genesis 19:35--And they made their father drink wine that night also: and the younger arose, and lay with him; and he perceived not when she lay down, nor when she arose.
Frijoles--I dont buy he was unaware. How could he be? The guy ejac-ulated (pardon my language). I think of it more like willful ignorance.
HughBe--- What the material are you saying, Frijoles? Are you saying that the Tanach is WRONG? Are you really saying that Moses was wrong and that your rabbis are RIGHT?
Was Moses inspired in writing the account or was it dictated to by your rabbis?
Are you still off your medication?
Please answer the dodged questions below.
1. Do your rabbis support homosexuality?
2. Do your rabbis think that homosexuality is wrong?
3. Do your rabbis teach that Lesbian sex is not condemned in scriptures?
I really do not believe that Moses wrote all that account about Lot personally. To me, it appears to be a story inserted by some Lot-hating scribe.

Anyway, my two frank cents:

All religions of the world condemn homosexuality.

There is one thing very interesting though and that is we do not find lesbians mentioned in the Scripture, which shows that women in the ancient days were straight.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the info.
Even the other gospels also show that Peter was a fool. However, Peter was not the only one. Thomas and Philip were also fools.
We don't know much about all others. Neither does the Church nor Christianity. However, I am sure that the rest of the bunch were also fools.
To me, it appears that the biblical Jesus picked men, who were in their late teens and early twenties. I do not think there was any mature person among the twelve.
Salaams, MUQ
We do not criticize prophets of God. If Jesus selected them as his chosen disciples, there must be something in them.

So why should we assume something bad about them unless there is something in record.

I think there was some "some intentional downgrading" by the Gospel writers (after so many years of Jesus leaving the world) so that the status of that Super Apostle be raised!!

This is my hunch and Allah knows the Best.

Salaam

MUQ

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is one thing very interesting though and that is we do not find lesbians mentioned in the Scripture, which shows that women in the ancient days were straight.
"In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country," Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said at Columbia University last night in response to a question about the recent execution of two gay men there.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
My Jewish Perspective On Homosexuality
By Rabbi Shmuley Boteach

http://www.shmuley.com/news/details/my_jewish...

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
"In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country," Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said at Columbia University last night in response to a question about the recent execution of two gay men there.
I am sure there are gays in Iran and other Muslim countries. They may be like a little salt in a truck load of flour.

Also, no gay declares his/her 'gayness' in the society.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not criticize prophets of God. If Jesus selected them as his chosen disciples, there must be something in them.
So why should we assume something bad about them unless there is something in record.
I think there was some "some intentional downgrading" by the Gospel writers (after so many years of Jesus leaving the world) so that the status of that Super Apostle be raised!!
Salaam
MUQ
That is the impression that the gospels give.

Salaam
BMZ
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I really do not believe that Moses wrote all that account about Lot personally. To me, it appears to be a story inserted by some Lot-hating scribe.
BMZ---All religions of the world condemn homosexuality.

HughBe--- Are you sure? It is my understanding that it is commonly accepted in Judaism. Look/listen to Frijoles and Eric.

Also, lesbianism is female homosexuality and it is my understanding that Judaism supports it.

BMZ---There is one thing very interesting though and that is we do not find lesbians mentioned in the Scripture, which shows that women in the ancient days were straight.

HughBe--- I disagree and in a context where men turn to men it would be strange for women not to turn to women.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
By Rabbi Shmuley Boteach
Frijoles---My Jewish Perspective On Homosexuality
By Rabbi Shmuley Boteach

HughBe--- Are you saying that Boteach speaks for ALL of Judaism?

In any event you should STOP avoiding my post below and answer it NOW. Don't give me links to read just answer the simple questions, Dr. Frijoles. Answer by saying YES or NO.

Are you saying that the Tanach is WRONG? Are you really saying that Moses was wrong and that your rabbis are RIGHT?

Was Moses inspired in writing the account or was it dictated to by your rabbis?

Are you still off your medication?

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
By Rabbi Shmuley Boteach
From the American Rabbi:

"I am in favor of gay civil unions rather than marriage because I am against redefining marriage."

I find that very craftily written. That is his own view. I don't think Rabbis in Israel will agree with him.

Instead of a civil marriage, he is using the term 'gay civil unions'. I think he is trying to appease the Western audience, Frijoles.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
BMZ---To me, it appears to be a story inserted by some Lot-hating scribe.

HughBe--- What else have the scribes INSERTED into the scriptures out of hate?

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
BMZ---All religions of the world condemn homosexuality.
HughBe--- Are you sure? It is my understanding that it is commonly accepted in Judaism.

Look/listen to Frijoles and Eric.

Also, lesbianism is female homosexuality and it is my understanding that Judaism supports it.

BMZ---There is one thing very interesting though and that is we do not find lesbians mentioned in the Scripture, which shows that women in the ancient days were straight.
HughBe--- I disagree and in a context where men turn to men it would be strange for women not to turn to women.
Yes, I am sure, HughBe. Actually, I was sitting on the fence but was looking the other way.

Neither the religions nor the various cultures support it.

Judaism definitely does not support homosexuality. Neither does Christianity nor does Islam.

It is a different matter that in the modern times, people are now prepared to let the homosexuals live their way.

I think the societies are now more tolerant.
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
"if only they were to coax the guests into consensual sodomy, there wouldn't be any brimstones and fire"
Actually there is an element of truth to that.
finally it comes out; "Frijole's religion",
male-male sodomy by force, is forbidden
male-male sodomy between mutually consenting loving steamy men, why not? lol

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
BMZ---To me, it appears to be a story inserted by some Lot-hating scribe.
HughBe--- What else have the scribes INSERTED into the scriptures out of hate?
Esau and Ishmael. Hagar too.

My main point is that those stories were not written by Moses and were definitely not the part of the actual Torah.

We must keep in mind that the Torah was mostly kept oral.
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
The ketubah, Jewish marriage contract, stipulates that a husband must provide for his wife’s basic needs. But Jewish law also allows a woman to cancel that obligation.“If she said,‘I do not wish either to be maintained by you or to work for you,’ she is entitled to do so”(Ketubot 58b). The ketubah typically releases the husband of the obligation to sustain his wife, and allows her to keep her income.
http://www.jdate.com/jmag/2011/04/women-who-w...
when the wife is quite well off, she can opt not to receive maintenance from her husband, only then can she keep her income to herself,
"Like a master has the right to tell his Hebrew slave: I will maintain you, but you must work for me" (Ketubot 58b)

IOW, if the wife wants to keep her income, she must forfeit her right to receive maintenance
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am sure, HughBe. Actually, I was sitting on the fence but was looking the other way.
Neither the religions nor the various cultures support it.
Judaism definitely does not support homosexuality. Neither does Christianity nor does Islam.
It is a different matter that in the modern times, people are now prepared to let the homosexuals live their way.
I think the societies are now more tolerant.
A few questions, BMZ.

Does Judaism supports lesbianism?

Does Judaism condemn it as a sin?

What about this HOSPITALITY argument that is taught by the rabbis?

Why have they ignored the plain fact that HOMOSEXUALITY sex is the issue?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaam
MUQ
Braindead Muslim Zealot, or bmz for short, criticizes "BIBLICAL JESUS" for his poor choices of disciples. That is, bmz's "BJ" was an "ignorant fool" who chose "ignorant fools" as disciples, and consequently failed completely in his "mission," which was to muster troops and overthrow Roman rule and in that way convince the Jews that he truly was the "Messiah."

Yes, bmz's "BJ" "brought nothing new," even though he did perform an assorted number of miracles, as the Qur'an attests, but getting himself caught and then crucified (or not) didn't help matters, because either way, "BJ" fled the scene and abandoned his own "ignorant fool" disciples as well as his "ignorant fool" of a mother to their own miserable devices, which included establishing the Church based on a major lie: that "BJ" had in fact died on the cross and had risen from the dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 149,581 - 149,600 of193,727
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) Apr 22 Kathwynn 76
Triad Wiccans gather to meditate (Apr '07) Apr 22 Kathwynn 66
Two guilty of 'ritualistic' abuse (Dec '12) Apr 22 Kathwynn 405
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... Apr 19 Grumpy Guy 59
The Easter message is the Resurrection not the ... Apr 18 Sol 1
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Apr 18 Lmhw 9
Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics (Aug '13) Apr 17 PINCH111 284
•••
•••