Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 202,076

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#158853 Jan 16, 2013
When non-gentiles lied about their "audience" with "god"....the HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED MAINTAINED THAT HE WAS VISITED BY AN ANGEL.
HE COULD HAVE CLAIMED THAT GOD VISITED HIM!!
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158854 Jan 16, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
When non-gentiles lied about their "audience" with "god"....the HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED MAINTAINED THAT HE WAS VISITED BY AN ANGEL.
That terrified fool of a "prophet" of yours needed his wife's cousin Waraqa to tell him that it was Gabriel/Jibreel who tried to crush the life out of him in the cave, since Mohammad's new life-long friend and OWNER didn't introduce ITself by name.

This doesn't mean that it was actually Gabriel/Jibreel that Mohammad conjured up, but that Mohammad's handlers were shrewd enough to embrace this "truth" that has persisted to this day.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158855 Jan 16, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
What matters most, slave, is that your "prophet" ordered the MURDERS of people who opposed him.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158856 Jan 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>How about we dwell on what actually necessitated YHWH incinerating Sodom and Gomorrah? My guess is that it wasn't a flagrant and enduring violation of the shellfish prohibition. Umm, is that a capital offense?
No, how about rape, incest, promotion of violence, lack of respect for property and personal boundaries?

ALL of those behaviors were promoted by the Sodomites in that series of passages. WHY do people dwell on homosexuality as an exclusive?

REALLY, Mr Buford, how many times do I need to RESTATE this observation to everyone here before it is acknowledged? You dont have to agree with the interpretation, but at least acknowledge it?

Location hidden

#158857 Jan 17, 2013
SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Now my question to you is this what was their abominations?
Ezekiel 16:49-51
49 Look, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: She and her daughter had pride, fullness of food, and abundance of idleness; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. 50 And they were haughty and committed abomination before Me; therefore I took them away as I saw fit.
51 “Samaria did not commit half of your sins; but you have multiplied your abominations more than they, and have justified your sisters by all the abominations which you have done.
Haughtiness - what an abomination!(pretty much covers 98% of the people here)

That certainly supports much of what I was saying.

However, I was basing my personal definitional argument based on a plain reading of the primary text - no outside citations - no Ezekial, no Leviticus. However, when posting what other Jewish exegesis on the subject, it did include this and other outside citations.

What keeps getting lost is that I was NOT arguing religious morality per se (that topic is obviously well defined thru multiple books of the torah), I was arguing about the USE of sloppy definitions in our western culture.

Whatever the Sodomite's sin was, it is clear to me that homosexuality wasnt the exclusive one. This has implications to what the commonly held definition of a sodomite/sodomizer is, from a biblical purist perspective. All these years people assume it has to do with anal intercourse, all I am saying is that it has to do with a whole lot more, or a whole lot less.

Location hidden

#158858 Jan 17, 2013
As an afternote - please note that haughtiness in the Hebrew text has no sexual underpinning

the word in the text in Hebrew is v'tegb'henna. Word root is gbn - which means hill.

Adding on the Prefix (te') the word means "someone who hills you" i.e. someone who elevates themselves over you.

Its a nonsexual verb usage.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#158859 Jan 17, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you have also mastered the art of three sentence responses for the simple.
lol! I am glad you noticed!

Yes, I learnt that from Buford, Colonna and some others.

It is no use writing and explaining more to posters, who cannot comprehend and offer red herrings and silly replies.

I am trying that out and looks like it works.
bmz

Singapore

#158860 Jan 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
"Father, forgive me, I ate shellfish."
"Did you enjoy it?"
I enjoyed that but never knew that Jesus was into shellfish also and that the Father had made it Haraam or forbidden.
bmz

Singapore

#158861 Jan 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>What matters most, slave, is that your "prophet" ordered the MURDERS of people who opposed him.
That is not true. Stop lying, please!
bmz

Singapore

#158862 Jan 17, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-33
Chapter 69 Jesus heals the demonic
…And when Jesus had said this, there was brought to him a demoniac who could not speak nor see, and was deprived of hearing. Whereupon Jesus, seeing their faith, raised his eyes to heaven and said: "Lord God of our fathers, have mercy on this sick man and give him health, in order that this people may know that you have sent me."
And having said this Jesus commanded the spirit to depart, saying: "In the power of the name of God our Lord, depart, evil one, from the man. The spirit departed and the dumb man spoke, and saw with his eyes. Whereupon every one was filled with fear, but the scribes said: "In the power of Beelzebub, prince of the demons, he casts out the demons."
Then Jesus said: "Every kingdom divided against itself destroys itself, and house falls upon house. If in the power of Satan, Satan be cast out, how shall his kingdom stand? And if your sons cast out Satan with the scripture that Solomon the prophet gave them, they testify that I cast out Satan in the power of God. As God lives, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is without remission in this and in the other world; because the wicked man of his own will reprobates himself, knowing the reprobation." …
(This is also recorded in Gospels-MUQ)
Chapter 70 : Reprimanding Peter
Jesus departed from Jerusalem after the Passover, and entered into the borders of Caesarea Philippi. Whereupon, the angel Gabriel having told him of the sedition which was beginning among the common people, he asked his disciples, saying: "What do men say of me?" They said: "Some say that you are Elijah, others Jeremiah, and others one of the old prophets." Jesus answered: "And you; what say you that I am?" Peter answered: "You are Christ, son of God."
Then was Jesus angry, and with anger rebuked him, saying: "Begone and depart from me, because you are the devil and seek to cause me offences And he threatened the eleven, saying: "Woe to you if you believe this, for I have won from God a great curse against those who believe this." And he was fain to cast away Peter; whereupon the eleven besought Jesus for him, who cast him not away, but again rebuked him saying: "Beware that never again you say such words, because God would reprobate you!" Peter wept and said: "Lord, I have spoken foolishly; beseech God that he pardon me."
Note: See the contrast of Jesus’ reply here and in other Gospels
Which seems "More Probable" coming from a Great Prophet of God ?- MUQ)
(Abridged)
Thanks for the info.

Even the other gospels also show that Peter was a fool. However, Peter was not the only one. Thomas and Philip were also fools.

We don't know much about all others. Neither does the Church nor Christianity. However, I am sure that the rest of the bunch were also fools.

To me, it appears that the biblical Jesus picked men, who were in their late teens and early twenties. I do not think there was any mature person among the twelve.

Salaams, MUQ

bmz

Singapore

#158863 Jan 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
Tabari VI:70 "He went to Khadija and said,'I think that I have gone mad.'"
If Jesus came to you today out of the blue, you would say exactly the same.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158866 Jan 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
If Jesus came to you today out of the blue, you would say exactly the same.
Thus saith the LORD!
bmz

Singapore

#158867 Jan 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>What seems "More Probable" to a Muslim slave like you, who is used to the idea of Mohammad, that "Great Prophet," CURSING anyone who opposed him, is that Jesus was JUST LIKE HIM.
Actually, you cannot compare Jesus with Muhammad. The biblical Jesus achieved nothing, his mission flopped, he had no success and he was taken off, I mean recalled.

Muhammad completed the mission ordained.

When I examine the biblical Jesus closely, I do find that he was up to something great but his lousy disciples were not willing to give him full support and told him they had two swords. The man knew his disciples were stingy and he was helpless.

If the disciples and the free food munchers had bought swords as recommended by Jesus, he would have stood up against the Romans to free his people and would have been successful in getting recognized as the Messiah, the Deliverer, the Jews were waiting for.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158868 Jan 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I enjoyed that but never knew that Jesus was into shellfish also and that the Father had made it Haraam or forbidden.
http://quran.com/5/3

Prohibited to you are dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah , and [those animals] killed by strangling or by a violent blow or by a head-long fall or by the goring of horns, and those from which a wild animal has eaten, except what you [are able to] slaughter [before its death], and those which are sacrificed on stone altars, and [prohibited is] that you seek decision through divining arrows. That is grave disobedience. This day those who disbelieve have despaired of [defeating] your religion; so fear them not, but fear Me. This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion. But whoever is forced by severe hunger with no inclination to sin - then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

IOW, if you're starving to death, it is permissible to eat dead pigs and even dead humans.

http://www.paklinks.com/gs/religion-and-scrip...

Q. "Can someone please tell me what type of shell fish is haraam and what type is halal, and why this is the case."

A. "Any creature that drinks blood is haraam. Some argue that its makrooh, not haraam. However, the consensus is, that its not advisable to eat any creature that drinks blood.
Blood is consumed by animals of prey. On the land, we have animals like the tiger, lion, etc. In the sky we have eagles, falcons, buzzards etc. These classifications have some further classifications as well. But specifically talking about seafood here, first of all you have to look for creatures of prey.
Very few fish are actually vegetarians. Most fish eat smaller fish. So the division here is made in how they eat them. Most fish eat smaller fish by swallowing them whole. And they are allowed. But fish like the shark, whale, octopus, etc, bite into their prey and make them bleed, and then eat them. That makes their consumption by humans haraam or makrooh, depending on who you are talking to. But nonetheless, its not advisable.

The only shellfish that meet this criterion are shrimps/prawns. Lobsters cut into their prey, hence are termed haram or makrooh by different scholars. I believe squids have the same process of capturing and eating their prey, except they have beaks for biting into their prey instead of teeth, hence they too are haraam/makrooh."

Again, if you're starving to death, it is permissible to eat dead sharks and even dead humans.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158869 Jan 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you cannot compare Jesus with Muhammad. The biblical Jesus achieved nothing, his mission flopped, he had no success and he was taken off, I mean recalled.
When I examine the biblical Jesus closely, I do find that he was up to something great but his lousy disciples were not willing to give him full support and told him they had two swords. The man knew his disciples were stingy and he was helpless.
If the disciples and the free food munchers had bought swords as recommended by Jesus, he would have stood up against the Romans to free his people and would have been successful in getting recognized as the Messiah, the Deliverer, the Jews were waiting for.
You remain as clueless and uncomprehending as ever.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#158870 Jan 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>That terrified fool of a "prophet" of yours needed his wife's cousin Waraqa to tell him that it was Gabriel/Jibreel who tried to crush the life out of him in the cave, since Mohammad's new life-long friend and OWNER didn't introduce ITself by name.
This doesn't mean that it was actually Gabriel/Jibreel that Mohammad conjured up, but that Mohammad's handlers were shrewd enough to embrace this "truth" that has persisted to this day.
Thus saith the non-gentile bu(tteredbuttturdlick)ford the resident moron.
(a bit surprised you are having a go at bum loving "F" on homosexuality...you seem to talk some sense...unless you are bluffing!)
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#158871 Jan 17, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Only way to attribute all success to BJ, is to suspend disbelief...accept blind faith, ignorance and superstition.
BJ was incapable of running even a tiny tea boutique, let alone all kingdom heaven earh and everything created!!!!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#158872 Jan 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>What matters most, slave, is that your "prophet" ordered the MURDERS of people who opposed him.
The judge orders the murder of criminals.
Moses and David ordered no murder because they are non-gentiles!
To a non-gentile bu(tteredbuttturdlick)ford.... anything gentile is unacceptable..
Why don't you call BJ.."Jewsus"...?
Why don't you call non-gentile mini slave god..."Jewhovah"?
PAthetic non-gentile ass-worshipper!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#158873 Jan 17, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Al-Ex the Phallocentric and Model Muslim,
How many scientists believe in the existence of your "firey pit of hell?"
Take your meds.
Atlest you admit that you are uneducated.

Hey buttboy, entertain me with you angel light and satan fire challenge!

You are the fake "christian".... have you forgotten loads of reference to fiery pit that is ready for YOU!!

Matt 5:22 "But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother shall be guilty before the court; and whoever shall say to his brother,'Raca,' shall be guilty before the supreme court; and whoever shall say,'You fool,' shall be guilty [enough to go] into the FIERY HELL.

Matt 5:29 "And if your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out, and throw it from you; for it is better for you that one of the parts of your body perish, than for your whole body to be thrown into HELL. 30 "And if your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off, and throw it from you; for it is better for you that one of the parts of your body perish, than for your whole body to go into HELL.

Matt 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body, but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in HELL.

Matt 18:8 "And if your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life crippled or lame, than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the ETERNAL FIRE. 9 "And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out, and throw it from you. It is better for you to enter life with one eye, than having two eyes, to be cast into the FIERY HELL.

Matt 23:15 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you travel about on sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of HELL as yourselves.

Matt 23:33 "You serpents, you brood of vipers, how shall you escape the sentence of HELL?

Mark 9:43 "And if your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life crippled, than having your two hands, to go into HELL, into THE UNQUENCHABLE FIRE,

Mark 9:45 "And if your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life lame, than having your two feet, to be CAST INTO HELL...47 "And if your eye causes you to stumble, cast it out; it is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes, to be CAST INTO HELL FIRE,

Luke 12:4 "And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 "But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who after He has killed has authority to cast into HELL; yes, I tell you, fear Him!

James 3:6 And the tongue is a fire, the [very] world of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of [our] life, and is SET on FIRE by HELL.

HELL IS FIERY (Mt 5:22)

The FIRE is "ETERNAL" and it is "HELL". It is so bad that it would be better to cut off a part of your body to avoid going there.(Mt 5:29-30; 18:8-9; Mk 9:43-48) Does that sound like "the grave" to you?

HELL is FOR the SOUL as well as the BODY.(Mt 10:28)

Some people are sentenced to HELL (Mt 23:33)

They are then CAST INTO HELL.(Mk 9:45,47)

Those who only kill the body do not cast anyone into hell; they merely cast someone into their grave. Only the Lord has the authority to cast a person into HELL.(Luke 12:4)
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#158874 Jan 17, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you show your hipocrisy aka double standard. As far as Islam allows polygyny, all is fine, when it's the OT then it's a negative.
Really? I thought you were insulting Muslims as usual without using your pause button!
Then I reminded you of OT. You then continued to attack Islam carefully avoiding any OT bashing.
So who is showing hypocrisy? May be you? Lol..

I did say you knew how to give topix readers narcolepsy through boredom…lol..
There is no COMPULSION to marry more than one. It depends on the circumstances.
This verse is merciful giving man real responsibility.
Man MUST TOTALLY PROVIDE for the woman, He can’t chase her off to an “equal opportunity” job expecting her to take care of family! Even if she chooses to work, what a woman earns remains with her.
If a man cannot fulfil a whole load of STRICT conditions he cannot marry.
There are many men in the West (and I know a “few”) who sleep with many and go home to their ONE official wife. Now that is cowardice because they dip and run with no responsibility. Many rely on Social Services to take care of their “by-products” while playing “absent or “missing daddy”! This is disgraceful, irresponsible and unmanly.
The MOST HOLY PROPHET WAS A REAL MAN. He took responsibility and there is wisdom in his alliances.
Do you stop to wonder about the Prophets of OT who married more than you me and the HOLY PROPHET put together?
I repeat the OT has NO limit on wives. You can have AS MANY AS YOU WISH!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pagan caught performing naked ritual with teena... (Nov '12) Sep 8 Kathwynn 14
Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... Sep 7 Kathwynn 2
Who exactly was Gjoub, and should I trust him? (Mar '09) Sep 1 Kathwynn 503
SHADOW PEOPLE... i need help (May '07) Aug 25 Only1Likeme212 347
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Aug 25 Ernie 117
Pagan community northern kentucky? (Nov '12) Aug 25 scorpion123 27
Reagan appointee sides with Wiccans: NM town mu... Aug 20 Kathwynn 5
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••