Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 211,953

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158834 Jan 16, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Straw argument. I never said what behavior the rabbis supported - what I was asking was what the sin of sodomy was. I.E. what is the lesson of the passage.
You are getting confused, partly because, within these posts, I am also straying into the issue of homophobia.
Rephrased questions for your benefit.

1. Do your rabbis support homosexuality?
2. Do your rabbis think that homosexuality is wrong?
3. Do your rabbis teach that Lesbian sex is not condemned in scriptures?

Original questions below.

Why would they/rabbis teach and support a behaviour that they deem wrong?
They see nothing wrong with it and so why would they not indulge?
Who teaches the flock of Judahites that the bible does not speak against women eating and SERVICING each other? RABBIS. why?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158835 Jan 16, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Leviticus 18:22 and Leviticus 20:13 are from Hebrew tradition, and they clearly call homosexuality, as in a man lying with another man as he would with a woman, an abomination that "surely" will be punished with death for the two offenders.
!
and there are passages that also call incest, rape, violence, and inhospitality wrong as well.

We are back to the shellfish vs homosexuality issue. Which is a "worse" prohibition to violate? Its a matter of what you want to dwell on.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158836 Jan 16, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
and there are passages that also call incest, rape, violence, and inhospitality wrong as well.
We are back to the shellfish vs homosexuality issue. Which is a "worse" prohibition to violate? Its a matter of what you want to dwell on.
How about we dwell on what actually necessitated YHWH incinerating Sodom and Gomorrah? My guess is that it wasn't a flagrant and enduring violation of the shellfish prohibition. Umm, is that a capital offense?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158837 Jan 16, 2013
"Father, forgive me, I ate shellfish."

"Did you enjoy it?"
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158838 Jan 16, 2013
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158839 Jan 16, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But, many, if not most Jews, consider that article a dodge. It doesnt add any new evidence to the issue.
Its a matter of interpretation and opinion
As ever.

The point is this: Jews who want to make allowances for homosex would rather not take their own Scripture at face value, imo. Rather, for them it's all "a matter of interpretation and opinion."

Have some kosher shellfish.
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#158840 Jan 16, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
never said know wasnt sexual, hence my funny business remark
the question I posed wayback is what was the sin of sodom?
Now my question to you is this what was their abominations?

Ezekiel 16:49-51

49 Look, this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: She and her daughter had pride, fullness of food, and abundance of idleness; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. 50 And they were haughty and committed abomination before Me; therefore I took them away as I saw fit.

51 “Samaria did not commit half of your sins; but you have multiplied your abominations more than they, and have justified your sisters by all the abominations which you have done.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158842 Jan 16, 2013
CORRECTION:

TURD,

I KNOW that your "prophet" had a thing about black dogs. What about shellfish?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158841 Jan 16, 2013
TURD,

I knopw that your "prophet" had a thing about black dogs. What about shellfish?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158843 Jan 16, 2013
TURD,

Iran hangs homosexers from cranes, until dead. Does that please you?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158844 Jan 16, 2013
Pavlov's dog.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158845 Jan 16, 2013
Islamozombie.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158846 Jan 16, 2013
LOL!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#158847 Jan 16, 2013
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-33

Chapter 69 Jesus heals the demonic

…And when Jesus had said this, there was brought to him a demoniac who could not speak nor see, and was deprived of hearing. Whereupon Jesus, seeing their faith, raised his eyes to heaven and said: "Lord God of our fathers, have mercy on this sick man and give him health, in order that this people may know that you have sent me."

And having said this Jesus commanded the spirit to depart, saying: "In the power of the name of God our Lord, depart, evil one, from the man. The spirit departed and the dumb man spoke, and saw with his eyes. Whereupon every one was filled with fear, but the scribes said: "In the power of Beelzebub, prince of the demons, he casts out the demons."

Then Jesus said: "Every kingdom divided against itself destroys itself, and house falls upon house. If in the power of Satan, Satan be cast out, how shall his kingdom stand? And if your sons cast out Satan with the scripture that Solomon the prophet gave them, they testify that I cast out Satan in the power of God. As God lives, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is without remission in this and in the other world; because the wicked man of his own will reprobates himself, knowing the reprobation." …

(This is also recorded in Gospels-MUQ)

Chapter 70 : Reprimanding Peter

Jesus departed from Jerusalem after the Passover, and entered into the borders of Caesarea Philippi. Whereupon, the angel Gabriel having told him of the sedition which was beginning among the common people, he asked his disciples, saying: "What do men say of me?" They said: "Some say that you are Elijah, others Jeremiah, and others one of the old prophets." Jesus answered: "And you; what say you that I am?" Peter answered: "You are Christ, son of God."

Then was Jesus angry, and with anger rebuked him, saying: "Begone and depart from me, because you are the devil and seek to cause me offences And he threatened the eleven, saying: "Woe to you if you believe this, for I have won from God a great curse against those who believe this." And he was fain to cast away Peter; whereupon the eleven besought Jesus for him, who cast him not away, but again rebuked him saying: "Beware that never again you say such words, because God would reprobate you!" Peter wept and said: "Lord, I have spoken foolishly; beseech God that he pardon me."

Note: See the contrast of Jesus’ reply here and in other Gospels

Which seems "More Probable" coming from a Great Prophet of God ?- MUQ)

(Abridged)
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158848 Jan 16, 2013
Tabari VI:70 "He went to Khadija and said,'I think that I have gone mad.'"
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158849 Jan 16, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-33
Chapter 69 Jesus heals the demonic
…And when Jesus had said this, there was brought to him a demoniac who could not speak nor see, and was deprived of hearing. Whereupon Jesus, seeing their faith, raised his eyes to heaven and said: "Lord God of our fathers, have mercy on this sick man and give him health, in order that this people may know that you have sent me."
And having said this Jesus commanded the spirit to depart, saying: "In the power of the name of God our Lord, depart, evil one, from the man. The spirit departed and the dumb man spoke, and saw with his eyes. Whereupon every one was filled with fear, but the scribes said: "In the power of Beelzebub, prince of the demons, he casts out the demons."
Then Jesus said: "Every kingdom divided against itself destroys itself, and house falls upon house. If in the power of Satan, Satan be cast out, how shall his kingdom stand? And if your sons cast out Satan with the scripture that Solomon the prophet gave them, they testify that I cast out Satan in the power of God. As God lives, blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is without remission in this and in the other world; because the wicked man of his own will reprobates himself, knowing the reprobation." …
(This is also recorded in Gospels-MUQ)
Chapter 70 : Reprimanding Peter
Jesus departed from Jerusalem after the Passover, and entered into the borders of Caesarea Philippi. Whereupon, the angel Gabriel having told him of the sedition which was beginning among the common people, he asked his disciples, saying: "What do men say of me?" They said: "Some say that you are Elijah, others Jeremiah, and others one of the old prophets." Jesus answered: "And you; what say you that I am?" Peter answered: "You are Christ, son of God."
Then was Jesus angry, and with anger rebuked him, saying: "Begone and depart from me, because you are the devil and seek to cause me offences And he threatened the eleven, saying: "Woe to you if you believe this, for I have won from God a great curse against those who believe this." And he was fain to cast away Peter; whereupon the eleven besought Jesus for him, who cast him not away, but again rebuked him saying: "Beware that never again you say such words, because God would reprobate you!" Peter wept and said: "Lord, I have spoken foolishly; beseech God that he pardon me."
Note: See the contrast of Jesus’ reply here and in other Gospels
Which seems "More Probable" coming from a Great Prophet of God ?- MUQ)
(Abridged)
What seems "More Probable" to a Muslim slave like you, who is used to the idea of Mohammad, that "Great Prophet," CURSING anyone who opposed him, is that Jesus was JUST LIKE HIM.

Since: Dec 12

UK

#158850 Jan 16, 2013
Buford wrote:
Meanwhile, in "There is no compulsion in religion" Egypt,
Egyptian court sentences Christian family to 15 years for converting from Islam
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/01/16/egypt... -
These are terrible news, so much for freedomm and democracy in Egypt. To me my religion and to you yours should be completed by 'but if you do not choose mine I can kill you or imprison you'.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#158851 Jan 16, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
You need a brain's transplant urgently.
I and Mahmood have never said in heaven women will have sex with boys, it was that ignorant fool of Alex. This is why I complimented with you to have called Alex with names.
And the fact you can't figure out simple posts tells a lot of the "well read" brain you possess.
Hey idiot....simpleton...nutcase.. .village idiot...linguistically challenged moron...

The last time you accused me of stupidity...you were forced to make a swift retraction admitting you foolishly cocked it up, right? Even then showed your bias and ignorance by not challenging the person who made the remark!

Look fool...I am a trained Christian and my knowledge of Islam is second to none.
My responses were aimed at taking the "pith"!!!lol...

Now shut up and play with your seeds.
I did NOT say Quran promised such nonsense...
I said people who go to heaven may be given their wish..and who is going to stop women from having sex with virgin boys if they so wish?
Who told you when people go to heaven they are not virgins!!!

Who said the men who have sex with virgins are not virgins?
Hey ignorant fool...do you think they take the same body from here to heaven?lol..
Then they will have rotten willies!!!lol...
They will start fresh and all are likely to be virgin in heaven..as the folks have just entered the place in a different shape/form!

On a serious note...I made an important observation but you were incapable of understanding it!!

You NEED a new brain to learn English again.

Run along little boy.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#158852 Jan 16, 2013
El Morales wrote:
<quoted text>
These are terrible news, so much for freedomm and democracy in Egypt. To me my religion and to you yours should be completed by 'but if you do not choose mine I can kill you or imprison you'.
yes terrible news...!
why don't you join the mercenaries and kill a few egyptians, a few mali muslims and some libyans too...
you are an ignorant fool.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#158853 Jan 16, 2013
When non-gentiles lied about their "audience" with "god"....the HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMED MAINTAINED THAT HE WAS VISITED BY AN ANGEL.
HE COULD HAVE CLAIMED THAT GOD VISITED HIM!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ex-Lawmaker Sued for Religious Discrimination (Jan '11) Feb 19 Hammer 4
'Monotheism inevitable but wasn't a break with ... Feb 12 Joe W 9
A new guard for Asgard: Iceland building first ... Feb 3 freethinkradio do... 1
Pastors agree: Being gay not a sin, Bible says ... (Jun '08) Jan '15 true fact 81
"Juggalos" Speak Out After Arson Arrests (Sep '07) Jan '15 Hillbilly 49
My friendly neighbourhood witches (Jul '08) Jan '15 Kaitlin the Wolf ... 454
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Jan '15 You big dummy 20
More from around the web