Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256389 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158791 Jan 16, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
i am not concerned about the word "abomination" or other words at all
i am concerned about someone who says rape and mishkav zachar (lying with man) are "funny business"
<quoted text>
that is a reflection of how your mind works lol
if you have issue with my euphemisms I cant help you there. Thats beyond my scope here.

get a thicker skin I suppose

Location hidden

#158792 Jan 16, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
the thing is, not all Jewish sources vilify him (but OF COURSE you don't know that lol),
Lot was "the righteous man delivered from the fire which fell down upon the five cities" (Wisdom of Solomon 10:6)
"Lot accompanied our patriarch Abram and learned from his good deeds" (Pirke R.Eliezer)
"Lot was a wholly righteous man" (Alphabet of Sirach)
the same story of drunken Lot raped by his daughters were also read by christians, yet they still think of him as righteous ...because they do not have the mindset of: good is evil, evil is good
But Lot was not evil per se. Some of his actions were evil.

Basic difference between a lot of Christianity and a lot of Judaism. Character vs behavior.

I know more than you. I can at least understand the language.

Location hidden

#158793 Jan 16, 2013
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
that is a reflection of how your mind works lol
rich comment from the poster whose prima reason for posting is ALWAYS to put the other's religion down.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158799 Jan 16, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you this a few times already and I will ask you again
Where in the Genesis narrative regarding Sodom does it say that sex with men is an abomination?
Thats right. It doesnt.
There is a much stronger argument for hospitality - and even that is NOT singled out with that particular choice of language that you have BORROWED from another, later, section of bible.
Lets stay focused on the story.
HughBe--- Greetings Frijoles, I shall now be giving you and your rabbis the day's lessons.

Lesson 1--- Men having sex with other men whether or not rape is involved is an ABOMINATION to God.

Lesson 2--- God does NOT change and so what is an abomination from creation will remain an abomination for all times. Apply this to the Lot story.

Lesson 3-- God did not suddenly, with the giving of the Law to Israel, decided to classify somethings as abominations. What are abominations to God has not changed and will never change. Recall, you and your rabbis have learnt that He does not change.

Proof:"For all these ABOMINATIONS have the men of the land done, which [were] before you, and the land is DEFILED"

So the concept of ABOMINATIONS did not start with the giving of the law and every jackass knows this.

Lesson 4--- The law of God endures forever.

Frijoles---I asked you this a few times already and I will ask you again

HughBe--- Delusional. There is no question that you can ask that I would need to avoid.

Frijoles---Where in the Genesis narrative regarding Sodom does it say that sex with men is an abomination?

HughBe--- Lesson 5. Where in the Genesis account was Cain told that MURDER was wrong/sinful? Where in the Genesis account do you find that Joseph was told that SEXING Potiphar's wife was WICKEDNESS?

Get it?

Frijoles---Thats right. It doesnt.

HughBe--- Correct it doesn't. Lesson 6-- That does not mean that it was not known. Get it? see above with Cain and Joseph.

Frijoles---There is a much stronger argument for hospitality - and even that is NOT singled out with that particular choice of language that you have BORROWED from another, later, section of bible.
Lets stay focused on the story

HughBe--- Lesson 7. The bible does NOT speak about hospitality. YOUR rabbis do and inject it into the equation. What the bible clearly speaks about is SEX and in particular man to man sex. Plus using the concept of line upon line WE know that man to man sex is an ABOMINATION.

Why go to the Ezekiel passages 1000 years later to get the meaning of what happened in Genesis?

The very poor level of argument and reasoning that you have put forward is expected from you and your rabbis.I am not surprised.

Share the new information with them i.e. lessons 1-7.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158800 Jan 16, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
from the guy who never misses an opportunity to slide in there with a sexual innuendo
Rich.
I regard your habits and that of many of your rabbis as nastiness and not sex.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#158801 Jan 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. Qur'aan does not say that.
Only hardcore polemicists, Christian fanatics, sex maniacs, perverts and bloody ignorant fools say that.
Salaams, Mahmood
Nice way to show affection to your londoner buddy.
george whyte

Ilford, UK

#158805 Jan 16, 2013
Allah, the sadist

22:19-22 “These two antagonists dispute with each other about their Lord: but those who deny (their Lord, i.e. Allah), for them will be cut out a garment of Fire: over their heads will be poured out boiling water”

23:103,104 “… The Fire will burn their faces”

10:4 “…but those who reject Him will have draughts of boiling fluids, and a penalty grievous, because they did reject Him.”

6:70 “…they will have for drink (only) boiling water, and for punishment, one most grievous: for they persisted in rejecting Allah.”

44:45, 46, 48 “Like molten brass; it will boil in their insides,

“Verily, We have made this (Qur-an) easy, in thy tongue, in order that they may give heed.”

…“Moreover, We shall join them to Companions with beautiful, big, and lustrous eyes.”(believers)

…“Then pour over his head the Penalty of Boiling Water.”(unbelievers)

4:56 “Those who reject our Signs (i.e. Quran), We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.”

5:38 “As to the thief, male or female, cut off his or her hands: a punishment by way of example, from Allah, for their crime: and Allah is Exalted in Power. Full of Wisdom.”

Location hidden

#158806 Jan 16, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- Greetings Frijoles, I shall now be giving you and your rabbis the day's lessons.
Lesson 1--- Men having sex with other men whether or not rape is involved is an ABOMINATION to God.
Lesson 2--- God does NOT change and so what is an abomination from creation will remain an abomination for all times. Apply this to the Lot story.
Lesson 3-- God did not suddenly, with the giving of the Law to Israel, decided to classify somethings as abominations. What are abominations to God has not changed and will never change. Recall, you and your rabbis have learnt that He does not change.
Proof:"For all these ABOMINATIONS have the men of the land done, which [were] before you, and the land is DEFILED"
So the concept of ABOMINATIONS did not start with the giving of the law and every jackass knows this.
Lesson 4--- The law of God endures forever.
Frijoles---I asked you this a few times already and I will ask you again
HughBe--- Delusional. There is no question that you can ask that I would need to avoid.
Frijoles---Where in the Genesis narrative regarding Sodom does it say that sex with men is an abomination?
HughBe--- Lesson 5. Where in the Genesis account was Cain told that MURDER was wrong/sinful? Where in the Genesis account do you find that Joseph was told that SEXING Potiphar's wife was WICKEDNESS?
Get it?
Frijoles---Thats right. It doesnt.
HughBe--- Correct it doesn't. Lesson 6-- That does not mean that it was not known. Get it? see above with Cain and Joseph.
Frijoles---There is a much stronger argument for hospitality - and even that is NOT singled out with that particular choice of language that you have BORROWED from another, later, section of bible.
Lets stay focused on the story
HughBe--- Lesson 7. The bible does NOT speak about hospitality. YOUR rabbis do and inject it into the equation. What the bible clearly speaks about is SEX and in particular man to man sex. Plus using the concept of line upon line WE know that man to man sex is an ABOMINATION.
Why go to the Ezekiel passages 1000 years later to get the meaning of what happened in Genesis?
The very poor level of argument and reasoning that you have put forward is expected from you and your rabbis.I am not surprised.
Share the new information with them i.e. lessons 1-7.
nope - still didnt answer my original questions

just say uncle and be done with this Hughbe

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#158807 Jan 16, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice way to show affection to your londoner buddy.
Mahmood is an ex-Muslim and lives in Canada.

May I ask you why do you find my simple posts hard to understand?

That response was tailor-made for folks like you.

Location hidden

#158808 Jan 16, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I regard your habits and that of many of your rabbis as nastiness and not sex.
"many of my rabbis"?

do you realize what a frothing at the mouth lunatic you sound?

Location hidden

#158809 Jan 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you have also mastered the art of three sentence responses for the simple.
george whyte

Ilford, UK

#158810 Jan 16, 2013
Q: "no god but Allah?" Isn't "Allah" another word for "God?"

A:
The transliterated phrase from Arabic reads, "La ilaha illAllah." A word for word translation into English would read: La [no] ilaha [god] ill [except or but] Allah [Allah]. The important thing to note is that the word "Allah" is a name and is not the word for god. If "Allah" were the word for god, then the phrase would read, "there is no allah but allah. Clearly it does not. The Qur'an itself claims that Allah is the personal name of the Islamic god:(Qur'an 17:110) "Say, Call Him Allah or call Him Ar-Rahman; whatever the name you call Him, all His names are beautiful." If "Allah" were the word for god, then Islam's god is nameless. There is also no evidence that the word "Allah" is a contraction of the words "al ilah," which means, "the god." If it were, then again, the phrase would read, "there is no allah but allah." As part of the first "Pillar of Islam," this issue is critical as Islam claims that the God of the Bible (whose name is Yahweh) and Allah are one in the same and that we all, therefore, worship the same god.
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#158811 Jan 16, 2013

Isaiah 28
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

In verse 19:5 5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may (KNOW THEM.)

not who they were, and from whence they came, and what their business was; nor did they pretend anything of this kind to hide and cover their design from Lot, but they were open and impudent, and declared their sin without shame and blushing, which is their character,( Isaiah 3:9 ) ; their meaning was, that they might commit that unnatural sin with them, they were addicted to, and in common used, and which from them to this day bears the name of Sodomy. As lawful copulation with a man's wife is modestly expressed by knowing her,( Genesis 4:1 Genesis 4:17 Genesis 4:25 ) ; so this unlawful and shocking copulation of man with man is expressed by this phrase; and that this was their meaning is plain from Lot's answer to them.
( Genesis 19:8 )
elly

Bracknell, UK

#158812 Jan 16, 2013
Allah is Allah swt. there is no god but Allah#.
for all hose people out there who have difficulty understanding what ' there is no god but Allah' means...let me explain
it means there should not be any other gods worshiped and respected apart from Allah (swt).
Asking who is Allah, is not answerable. You can go all around the world...but there is not one person who can even begin to understand who Allah is.
i am a one love, one world sort of person. i respect each and everyone's belief, whether i believe the same or not. i don't want to start an argument... all i will do is state my beliefs...
i believe Islam is the religion which i should follow...
I respect every religion just as many other young muslims do.i understand the viewpoints of everyone on this forum...many have insulted me and my religion...but this is only because of very unfortunate experiences with SOME muslims.

Location hidden

#158813 Jan 16, 2013
SamBee wrote:
Isaiah 28
10 For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:
In verse 19:5 5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may (KNOW THEM.)
not who they were, and from whence they came, and what their business was; nor did they pretend anything of this kind to hide and cover their design from Lot, but they were open and impudent, and declared their sin without shame and blushing, which is their character,( Isaiah 3:9 ) ; their meaning was, that they might commit that unnatural sin with them, they were addicted to, and in common used, and which from them to this day bears the name of Sodomy. As lawful copulation with a man's wife is modestly expressed by knowing her,( Genesis 4:1 Genesis 4:17 Genesis 4:25 ) ; so this unlawful and shocking copulation of man with man is expressed by this phrase; and that this was their meaning is plain from Lot's answer to them.
all very interesting interpretation, but no where do you reference the actual passage as saying those magic words

thats because those words ARE NOT IN THE PASSAGE!

thats my point. The language of "abomination" is taken from somewhere else.

Location hidden

#158814 Jan 16, 2013
SamBee wrote:
Isaiah 28
Feast on this:
http://www.iwgonline.org/docs/sodom.html

What was the sin of Sodom?

A collection of classical Jewish texts
Compilation and commentary by Robert Kaiser

Classical Jewish texts concur that God did *not* destroy Sodom and Gemorrah because their inhabitants were homosexual. Not at all. Rather, the cities were destroyed because the inhabitents were nasty, depraved, and uncompromisingly greedy. Classical Jewish writings affirm that the primary crimes of the Sodomites were, among others, terrible and repeated economic crimes, both against each other and to outsiders. Saying "God killed them because they were gay" is, to say the least, not the Jewish teaching on the subject.

Consider the following texts:.......
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#158815 Jan 16, 2013
elly wrote:
Allah is Allah swt. there is no god but Allah#.
for all hose people out there who have difficulty understanding what ' there is no god but Allah' means...let me explain
it means there should not be any other gods worshiped and respected apart from Allah (swt).
Asking who is Allah, is not answerable. You can go all around the world...but there is not one person who can even begin to understand who Allah is.
i am a one love, one world sort of person. i respect each and everyone's belief, whether i believe the same or not. i don't want to start an argument... all i will do is state my beliefs...
i believe Islam is the religion which i should follow...
I respect every religion just as many other young muslims do.i understand the viewpoints of everyone on this forum...many have insulted me and my religion...but this is only because of very unfortunate experiences with SOME muslims.
GOCC DEBATING MUSLIMS
&pl aynext=1&list=PL3453CED1B1 43D6DB&feature=results_mai n

Location hidden

#158816 Jan 16, 2013
And then there is this:

http://rictornorton.co.uk/homopho2.htm

The Destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah

Essays by Rictor Norton on the Historical Roots of Homophobia from Ancient Israel to the End of the Middle Ages

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#158817 Jan 16, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You need a brain's transplant urgently.

I and Mahmood have never said in heaven women will have sex with boys, it was that ignorant fool of Alex. This is why I complimented with you to have called Alex with names.

And the fact you can't figure out simple posts tells a lot of the "well read" brain you possess.
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#158818 Jan 16, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
And then there is this:
http://rictornorton.co.uk/homopho2.htm
The Destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah
Essays by Rictor Norton on the Historical Roots of Homophobia from Ancient Israel to the End of the Middle Ages
Where in the Scriptures is it evil to know them? If your saying know them was not sexual.

The account — told in Genesis 19.4-11, and repeated in Judges 19.22 — in a nutshell goes thus: Lot decided to settle in Sodom, a city reputed to be as wicked as its neighbour, Gomorrah. In order to determine the truth of this reputation, God sent two angels to investigate. These two foreign travellers were met at the gate of the city by Lot, and they accepted his hospitable invitation to sojourn at his home. That night the inhabitants of Sodom clamoured round Lot's house, pounding on his door and demanding: "Bring the visitors out unto us, that we may know them." Lot refused to comply with this "evil" request, and instead offered them his two daughters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Splash X Damage (Apr '08) Sun Jahmahlol 6
News 'Everyone will be Muslim because of our stupidi... Jan 14 Einstein Nukes 16
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Dec 29 Sugar plum 50
News Who the Crusaders Are in 2016 Dec 28 Playa 7
confusion 3 Dec 26 taylor810 1
confusion Dec 26 taylor810 2
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Dec 26 Eagle 12 4,912
More from around the web