Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 230958 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

SamBee

Orlando, FL

#158661 Jan 14, 2013
Sodom: 6945 qadesh kaw-dashe' from 6942; a (quasi) sacred person, i.e.(technically) a (male) devotee (by prostitution) to licentious idolatry:-- sodomite, unclean.

Leviticus 18:22" Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination"

Lie:7901 shakab shaw-kab' a primitive root; to lie down (for rest, sexual connection, decease or any other purpose):--X at all, cast down,((lover-))lay (self)(down),(make to) lie (down, down to sleep, still with), lodge, ravish, take rest, sleep, stay.

7902 shkabah shek-aw-baw' from 7901; a lying down (of dew, or for the sexual act):--X carnally, copulation, X lay, seed.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158662 Jan 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words you can not answer my questions
They are not rhetorical - I can give you concise answers
This is exactly where we left off last time
You havent prooven squat
Correct I cannot answer non-questions. None of your statements change the facts/passages of scripture that speak against your consensual homosexuality.

Is your god a BB?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158663 Jan 14, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles is deluding himself into thinking that he actually has a "job" here correcting us!!
Poor man needs very strong anti psychotic drugs.
He needs a woman to SCREW his head, release tension out of his brains/balls and sit on his face. He should be restored after that but if not the process should be repeated as many times as required.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158664 Jan 14, 2013
SamBee wrote:
Sodom: 6945 qadesh kaw-dashe' from 6942; a (quasi) sacred person, i.e.(technically) a (male) devotee (by prostitution) to licentious idolatry:-- sodomite, unclean.
Leviticus 18:22" Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination"
Lie:7901 shakab shaw-kab' a primitive root; to lie down (for rest, sexual connection, decease or any other purpose):--X at all, cast down,((lover-))lay (self)(down),(make to) lie (down, down to sleep, still with), lodge, ravish, take rest, sleep, stay.
7902 shkabah shek-aw-baw' from 7901; a lying down (of dew, or for the sexual act):--X carnally, copulation, X lay, seed.
I am not sure if you are trying to answer my questions as well, but if so, you have come up short.

I'll give you both Tweedle Dees and Tweedle Dums additional help (rewording the questions to make it easier for the simple of minds):

Where in the native Hebrew does it say "sodomite" (i.e. dweller of sodom)? Where in the native Hebrew does it say "sodomy"? Are they they SAME Hebrew word or root?

Where in that SAME Genesis section is the negative mitzvot (prohibition) of anal sex?

Location hidden

#158665 Jan 14, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct I cannot answer non-questions. None of your statements change the facts/passages of scripture that speak against your consensual homosexuality.
Is your god a BB?
You are changing the goal post.

I noted that you have yet to proove that the sin of sodom was "sodomy". I believe it to be extreme inhospitality.

I never questioned the prohibitions against homosexuality in Leviticus.

Location hidden

#158666 Jan 14, 2013
moving on, unless you have something NEW to offer
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#158667 Jan 14, 2013

Know:3045 yada` yaw-dah'( lie by man)

Genesis 19

And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;

2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.

3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may (know them).

6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,

7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.

8 "Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof."

Why would Lot offer his daughters?
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#158668 Jan 14, 2013
Why did Lot say the men of Sodom wanted to do wickedness by wanting to know them,meaning the Angels?
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#158669 Jan 14, 2013
Genesis 4

1 And Adam (knew)Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from Yahuah.

2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

17 And Cain (knew) his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

25 And Adam (knew) his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For Yahuah, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

Knew:3045 in Hebrew this is dealing with sexual intercourse.

Location hidden

#158670 Jan 14, 2013
SamBee wrote:
Know:3045 yada` yaw-dah'( lie by man)
Genesis 19
And there came two angels to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
2 And he said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.
3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.
4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:
5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may (know them).
6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,
7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.
8 "Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof."
Why would Lot offer his daughters?
If I can imply something from your unstructured response (if that was it was) you are employing a circular explanation - Kadish are sodomites. However, nowhere in the text does it equate, IN HEBREW, the word s'doma (sodom) or men of sodom (anshe sdoma - i.e. sodomites) with kadisha. Two different words - in two different books of torah.

Why does lot offer his daughters?

1000 dollar question - noone knows for sure - I sure dont.

Location hidden

#158671 Jan 14, 2013
SamBee wrote:
Why did Lot say the men of Sodom wanted to do wickedness by wanting to know them,meaning the Angels?
Sodomy hadnt been invented yet. It was invented by Christian translaters only a few hundred years ago who coined the term and its implications.

Location hidden

#158672 Jan 14, 2013
http://www.home.roadrunner.com/~nickgier/sodo...

"Sodomy" and "sodomite" are some of the ugliest words in the English language. They of course are derived from the Canaanite city of Sodom, whose destruction along with Gomorrah is related in Genesis 19. Most people assume that homosexuality was the grounds for this divine retribution and that this is the reason that gay men have been branded "sodomites."

The word itself, used as implying a sexual sin, does not appear until A.D. 395 in letters between Saint Jerome and a priest Amandus, but the details of the act and the nature of the sin are not explained.

Location hidden

#158673 Jan 14, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy#Hebrew_Bi...

The primarily sexual meaning of the word sodomia for Christians did not evolve before the 6th century AD.

Roman Emperor Justinian I, in his novels no. 77 (dating 538) and no. 141 (dating 559) amended to his Corpus iuris civilis, and declared that Sodom's sin had been specifically same-sex activities and desire for them. He also linked "famines, earthquakes, and pestilences" upon cities as being due to "such crimes",[18] during a time of recent earthquakes and other disasters (see Extreme weather events of 535–536). It is understood by some[who?] that he was able to use the anti-homosexual laws he enacted upon personal as well as political opponents in case he could not prove them guilty of anything else

Location hidden

#158674 Jan 14, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodomy

In Ezekiel 16, a long comparison is made between Sodom and the Kingdom of Israel. "Yet you have not merely walked in their ways or done according to their abominations; but, as if that were too little, you acted more corruptly in all your conduct than they." (Ezekiel 16.47 New American Standard Bible)

Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy. Thus they were haughty and committed abominations before Me.(Ezekiel 16.49–50 NASB)

- but note that the Hebrew for the word 'thus' is the conjunction '&#1493;' which is usually translated 'and'- thus KJV. NIV and CEV omit the word entirely.

There is no explicit mention of any sexual sin in Ezekiel's summation, and "abomination" is used to describe many sins.

The Authorized King James Version translates Deuteronomy 23:17 as "There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel," but the word corresponding to "sodomite" in the Hebrew original, Qadesh (Hebrew:&#1511;&#1491; &#1513;) does not refer to Sodom, and has been translated in the New International Version as "shrine prostitute"; male shrine prostitutes may have served barren women in fertility rites rather than engaging in homosexual acts; this also applies to other instances of the word sodomite in the King James Version.[9][10]

Location hidden

#158675 Jan 14, 2013
I think you get the idea!
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#158677 Jan 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
I think you get the idea!
Leviticus 20:13

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he (lieth) with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."

Do you?

Lieth: 7901 shakab shaw-kab' a primitive root; to lie down (for rest, sexual connection, decease or any other purpose):--X at all, cast down,((lover-))lay (self)(down),(make to) lie (down, down to sleep, still with), lodge, ravish, take rest, sleep, stay.
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#158679 Jan 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
If I can imply something from your unstructured response (if that was it was) you are employing a circular explanation - Kadish are sodomites. However, nowhere in the text does it equate, IN HEBREW, the word s'doma (sodom) or men of sodom (anshe sdoma - i.e. sodomites) with kadisha. Two different words - in two different books of torah.
Why does lot offer his daughters?
1000 dollar question - noone knows for sure - I sure dont.
Homosexuality: What Does Turah Say?

Location hidden

#158680 Jan 14, 2013
SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 20:13
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he (lieth) with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
Do you?
Lieth: 7901 shakab shaw-kab' a primitive root; to lie down (for rest, sexual connection, decease or any other purpose):--X at all, cast down,((lover-))lay (self)(down),(make to) lie (down, down to sleep, still with), lodge, ravish, take rest, sleep, stay.
side show - doesnt address my point.

sdoma is not shachah in the text. They have different letters and hence word roots.
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#158681 Jan 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
side show - doesnt address my point.
sdoma is not shachah in the text. They have different letters and hence word roots.
I never said it was.

Sodoma is Greek.

4670. Sodoma sod'-om-ah plural of Hebrew origin (5467); Sodoma (i.e. Sedom), a place in Palestine:--Sodom.

5467 Cdom sed-ome' from an unused root meaning to scorch; burnt (i.e. volcanic or bituminous) district; Sedom, a place near the Dead Sea:-- Sodom.
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#158683 Jan 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
(Ezekiel 16.47 New American Standard Bible)

Behold, this was the guilt of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, but she did not help the poor and needy. Thus they were haughty and committed abominations before Me.(Ezekiel 16.49–50 NASB)
Show in the Torah were arrogance, abundant food and careless ease, not helping the poor and needy are abominations? The text says these were their sins and that they also committed abominations before Me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) 9 hr juicy 12
News Pagans Out Of The 'Broom Closet' In Southwest R... (Jan '10) Wed Kathwynn 241
News The Episcopal Church, Wiccans, and the Divine F... (Mar '10) Tue Really 64
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Aug 31 thetruth 14,715
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Aug 29 thetruth 59
Doris w/ Spells4free Aug 25 Redd 1
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Aug 19 Dude 12
More from around the web