Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256295 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#158706 Jan 14, 2013
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-31

Chapter 65 Jesus heals the invalid man by pool

The Passover drew near, so Jesus, with his disciples, went up to Jerusalem. And he went to the pool called Probatica. And the bath was so called because every day the angel of God troubled the water, and whoever first entered the water after its movement was cured of every kind of infirmity. For this reason a great number of sick persons remained beside the pool, which had five porticoes. And Jesus saw there an impotent man, who had been there thirty-eight years sick with a grievous infirmity. So Jesus, knowing this by divine inspiration, had compassion on the sick man, and said to him: "Do you want to be made whole?"

The impotent man answered: "Sir, when the angel troubles the waters I do not have anyone to put me into it, but while I am coming [to the water] another steps down before me and enters." Then Jesus lifted up his eyes to heaven and said: "Lord our God, God of our fathers, have mercy upon this impotent man." And having said this, Jesus said: "In God's name, brother, be whole; rise and take up your bed."…(This is also in John Ch. 5:8 MUQ)

Chapter 66 Who is good?

One of them came to him, saying: "Good master, you teach well and truly; tell me therefore, what reward shall God give us in paradise?" Jesus answered: "You call me good, and do not know that God alone is good, even as Job, the friend of God, said: A child of a day old is not clean; yes, even the angels are not faultless in God's presence. Moreover he said: The flesh attracts sin, and sucks up iniquity even as a sponge sucks up water. The priest was silent, being confounded. And Jesus said: "Truly I say to you, nothing is more perilous than speech. For so said Solomon: Life and death are in the power of the tongue. "

And he turned to his disciples, and said: "Beware of those who bless you, because they deceive you. With the tongue Satan blessed our first parents, but the outcome of his words was miserable. So did the sages of Egypt bless Pharaoh. So did Goliath bless the Philistines. So did four hundred false prophets bless Ahab; but false were their praises, so that the praised one perished with the praisers.

Wherefore not without cause did God say by Isaiah the prophet: O My people, those that bless you deceive you. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees! Woe to you, priests and Levites! because you have corrupted the sacrifice of the Lord, so that those who come to sacrifice believe that God eats cooked flesh [in the manner of] a man.
Note: This is also recorded in Gospels but not in these words (MUQ)

(Abridged)
SamBee

Orlando, FL

#158707 Jan 14, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
all very interesting (not) but bypasses my point
At least Sambee got very close. With 1/16th of the amount of posting on the subject compared to you
Of course, if you could read the darn HEBREW you would of picked up my point immediately. But you dwell elsewhere.
What I got from your "understaning" was that you think its lawful for two men too have anal sex,thats an abomination in the eyes of Yahuah.

What was the abomination of the Sodomites?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158710 Jan 15, 2013
SamBee wrote:
<quoted text>
What I got from your "understaning" was that you think its lawful for two men too have anal sex,thats an abomination in the eyes of Yahuah.
What was the abomination of the Sodomites?
side show discussions

I was conversing/arguing with Huggy about the origin of the notion of sodomy, not the moral relevance of homosexual and/or anal sexual practices. That was beyond the scope of my initial topic.

That said, its funny how certain people here just cant keep the "details" out the conversation. One track minds, I guess.

Relax, I am not here to remove your right to be homophobic. Thats your issue, not mine to dwell with.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#158711 Jan 15, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Al-EX the Phallocentric,
You also like thinking about my butt, don't you, ex-priest?
Have you ever had sex with a woman?
clueless fool is so deep in non-gentile butts that he is not concentrating...
Nobody suggested he was licking his own butt (or... perhaps he does? hence his question?lol)...What makes him think that we were thinking about his butt?
blind bu(tteredbuttturdlick)ford is the lowest of worm forms...
Both questions should be addressed to his non-gentile master "F" who is promoting bum action between men, keepiong well away from women!!!!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#158712 Jan 15, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ot has exageration, but the Quran in this matter, is just less worst, in fact permit to muslim men to marry up to 4 women, and Muhammad as much as he wished!
Hey man you know how to give topix readers narcolepsy as they surrender to your mega boredom factor…lol..
There is no COMPULSION to marry more than one. It depends on the circumstances.
This verse is merciful giving man real responsibility.
Man MUST TOTALLY PROVIDE for the woman, He can’t chase her off to an “equal opportunity” job expecting her to take care of family! Even if she chooses to work, what a woman earns remains with her.
If a man cannot fulfil a whole load of STRICT conditions he cannot marry.
There are many men in the West (and I know a “few”) who sleep with many and go home to their ONE official wife. Now that is cowardice because they dip and run with no responsibility. Many rely on Social Services to take care of their “by-products” while playing “absent or “missing daddy”! This is disgraceful, irresponsible and unmanly.
The MOST HOLY PROPHET WAS A REAL MAN. He took responsibility and there is wisdom in his alliances.
Do you stop to wonder about the Prophets of OT who married more than you me and the HOLY PROPHET put together?lol

I repeat the OT has NO limit on wives. You can have AS MANY AS YOU WISH!
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
As Allah prescribed the Iddah for women, he can prescribe a Iddah for polynadry couples, after she has been with one of her hubbies. So they can know who the father is, if she gets pregnant.
It seems like if a woman has only one man, it's impossible to question about the paternity of the child? They may cheat even if they have only one hubby.
Hey man why are you like this? Let me be sickly and graphic…
I was not too bothered about paternity…lol…I was bothered about the their “outlests”!!
Imagine Four HEALTHY men (who NEED at least 3-4 times a week minimum) with huge erections waiting in a queue and the poor woman gets banged 12-16 times a week.
Now…with the first bang she ends up with a bun or even two in the oven!!
Even periods will be a huge inconvenience.
Now what do the men do with their enormous erections NEEDING 3 shots a week? Follow non-gentile “F”’s advice and enter through the back door??

Man is BIOLOGICALLY polygamous. Let me repeat…A man makes love to 100 different women over one month…..Assuming the 100 women and him are fertile and healthy, how many babies are expected to come out of those 100 women in 9 months or so?

If you apply the same logic with a woman making love to 100 men, how many babies are expected to come out of her?
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes you pretty much sexist, like if women don't have their needs.
What about heridity, where a man can take the double that is allowed to a woman.
I am NOT sexist. I am stating FACTS!
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Quran gives only to men houris, women just watch their husbands banging houris. Why he can't give them beautful men? because of pregnancy? Well, that's the paradise, there is no need to be pregnant there.
Now you are taking us to another dimension!!
I am not an authority on what happens in “heaven”.
We will talk about it when we get there!!!!
Islam says BOTH believing men and women performing good deeds etc will enter heaven.
If women stress on virgin men I am sure they can ask!
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#158713 Jan 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
clueless fool is so deep in non-gentile butts that he is not concentrating...
Nobody suggested he was licking his own butt (or... perhaps he does? hence his question?lol)...What makes him think that we were thinking about his butt?
blind bu(tteredbuttturdlick)ford is the lowest of worm forms...
Both questions should be addressed to his non-gentile master "F" who is promoting bum action between men, keepiong well away from women!!!!
rabbee: i think it is time, the both of you. cut down on your, antiG-D emotional cut downs. telling lies about each other, shall never determine the truth about each other. there is no point in your, sinning against each other with false wittness.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#158714 Jan 15, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: i think it is time, the both of you. cut down on your, antiG-D emotional cut downs. telling lies about each other, shall never determine the truth about each other. there is no point in your, sinning against each other with false wittness.
Dear Rabbee...you may mean well but you seem to accuse Muslims through irrational fear.
We must dump the tribal racist sexist bigoted antigentile "made up" mini slave G-d of non gentiles, who callously "rebranded" GOD to suit their evil needs.
Now we NEED to make GOD available to ALL Humans irrespective of their race colour nation or past affiliations!
Bu(tteredbuttturdlick)ford is an evil mutant.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#158715 Jan 15, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
spinning in sh.. and loving it.
That's the point!
They seem to love it..........lol
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#158716 Jan 15, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
I haven't suggested anything, mr "well read".
Yes, you have, Mr. "Less Read". You want a woman to have more men as husbands. lol!

Didn't I say earlier that you are beyond redemption?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#158717 Jan 15, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
When we are having direct discussions with each other, why do you want to involve a third party?
You post to me what queries you have with my replies and you deal directly with me.
I do not know why you want to confuse the whole issue?
I don't recall I made any query to you, aside that of deep spiritual matters that in European languages cannot be translated properly from arabic. I was talking with bmz, you jumped in and talked to me, and I answer you to your posts

The problem that you don't want understand is that we share a similar position about it, while bmz is trying to elevate arabic over other european languages.

According to you, it makes more sense to discuss with someone who has a similar opinion of yours or with someone who has a different opinion?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#158718 Jan 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Rabbee...you may mean well but you seem to accuse Muslims through irrational fear.
We must dump the tribal racist sexist bigoted antigentile "made up" mini slave G-d of non gentiles, who callously "rebranded" GOD to suit their evil needs.
Now we NEED to make GOD available to ALL Humans irrespective of their race colour nation or past affiliations!
Bu(tteredbuttturdlick)ford is an evil mutant.
rabbee: the post accused the both of you, of being anti-righteous and disrespectfull to each other. and i do not fear muslems, i fear The G-D WHO is not happy with any of you in this whole world. so your accusations against me are, all totally false wittness.

and what do you mean by "We", when all is see is you and the rest of the world obeying false g-ds. i do not judge according to, how true or not true you are to your religions. i judge all, according to how true or not true you are to G-D. what G-D said is true is my yard stick, not any of you. and there is no peace in diversity against G-D, there is only peace in Unity with G-D. i agree only with HaShem G-D, and not any of you idolators.

and your untrue personal attacking each other, is nothing but pure demonic vanity. if you have to attack someone, your attack must be true. and not just, for the sake of your religious vanity. i have had enough, of this evil and wicked lying vain childishness. trash can the witchraft, flying off at each other. even if someone else, does it first, is no excuse for you to corrupt yourself with it.
bmz

Location hidden

#158719 Jan 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey man you know how to give topix readers narcolepsy as they surrender to your mega boredom factor…lol..
Man MUST TOTALLY PROVIDE for the woman, He can’t chase her off to an “equal opportunity” job expecting her to take care of family! Even if she chooses to work, what a woman earns remains with her.
There are many men in the West (and I know a “few”) who sleep with many and go home to their ONE official wife. Now that is cowardice because they dip and run with no responsibility. Many rely on Social Services to take care of their “by-products” while playing “absent or “missing daddy”! This is disgraceful, irresponsible and unmanly.
The MOST HOLY PROPHET WAS A REAL MAN. He took responsibility and there is wisdom in his alliances.
Do you stop to wonder about the Prophets of OT who married more than you me and the HOLY PROPHET put together?lol
<quoted text>
Hey man why are you like this? Let me be sickly and graphic…
I was not too bothered about paternity…lol…I was bothered about the their “outlests”!!
Imagine Four HEALTHY men (who NEED at least 3-4 times a week minimum) with huge erections waiting in a queue and the poor woman gets banged 12-16 times a week.
Now what do the men do with their enormous erections NEEDING 3 shots a week? Follow non-gentile “F”’s advice and enter through the back door??
Man is BIOLOGICALLY polygamous. Let me repeat…A man makes love to 100 different women over one month…..Assuming the 100 women and him are fertile and healthy, how many babies are expected to come out of those 100 women in 9 months or so?
If you apply the same logic with a woman making love to 100 men, how many babies are expected to come out of her?
<quoted text>
I am NOT sexist. I am stating FACTS!
<quoted text>
Now you are taking us to another dimension!!
Islam says BOTH believing men and women performing good deeds etc will enter heaven.
You asked Colonna: "If you apply the same logic with a woman making love to 100 men, how many babies are expected to come out of her? "

Has Colonna answered this gem of a question yet?

Colonna will say, "Hundred babies because hundred men made love to the same women." You can expect this answer.

Location hidden

#158720 Jan 15, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you show your hipocrisy aka double standard. As far as Islam allows polygyny, all is fine, when it's the OT then it's a negative.
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text> man why are you like this? Let me be sickly and graphic…
Even eating is something biological, but then Allah came out with ramadan then you have to make sacrifies for it. The same can do Muslim men being in abstinence, and so the even women are allowed to have as much hubbies as they want.

A problem that come with polygyny you seem unware of is that when a man has many wives, say three or four, it happenes pretty often that he may have a special regard for one wife, which make jealous the others, and create friction, to say the least, in daily living.
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>I am NOT sexist. I am stating FACTS!
You are sexist in the very moment you don't recognize women's needs.

By reading your post I have the sensation that you live in 15th century and see women to be people that stay in home, doing home's stuff, waiting their men to come home.
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>Now you are taking us to another dimension!!
Don't try this card with me. We know from Quran men will enjoy sex with the everlasting virgin houris in Paradise, and we know women are left with nothing but to watch their husbands have sex with houris.

Location hidden

#158721 Jan 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you have, Mr. "Less Read". You want a woman to have more men as husbands. lol!
Didn't I say earlier that you are beyond redemption?
Apparently the "less read" understand better than the self claimed "well read".

What you written was never my point. I just underlined the hypocrisy of men can do it, women cannot, which is pretty much a stone age mentally endorsed by sexists and muslims like you.

Location hidden

#158722 Jan 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked Colonna: "If you apply the same logic with a woman making love to 100 men, how many babies are expected to come out of her? "
Has Colonna answered this gem of a question yet?
Colonna will say, "Hundred babies because hundred men made love to the same women." You can expect this answer.
Good to know you love to have mental masturbation, thinking about me.

Hope you enjoyed your "shortcoming".
bmz

Location hidden

#158723 Jan 15, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall I made any query to you, aside that of deep spiritual matters that in European languages cannot be translated properly from arabic. I was talking with bmz, you jumped in and talked to me, and I answer you to your posts

The problem that you don't want understand is that we share a similar position about it, while bmz is trying to elevate arabic over other european languages.

According to you, it makes more sense to discuss with someone who has a similar opinion of yours or with someone who has a different opinion?
There you go again accusing me foolishly of elevating Arabic over other languages. I have never done that.

I have always said that the Greek language is extremely poor and unfit for Scripture. Let me give you another example:

The word has reached my royal ears that the French have gone into Mali to help the government.

Do you wish to tell me through the Greek the following:

The Logos has reached my royal ears that the French have gone into Mali to help the government?

Was the Torah given in Greek? Were the Psalms given in Greek? Did the prophets of the distant yore write in Greek? Did Jesus speak only Greek?

Nothing was revealed in Greek.

Location hidden

#158726 Jan 15, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again accusing me foolishly of elevating Arabic over other languages. I have never done that.
Nah you have never done that...
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>I have always said that the Greek language is extremely poor and unfit for Scripture. Let me give you another example:
And you always failed to prove why Greek is poor and unfit while Quran is not. Let me destroy your example as I said with the others.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text> The word has reached my royal ears that the French have gone into Mali to help the government.
Do you wish to tell me through the Greek the following:
The Logos has reached my royal ears that the French have gone into Mali to help the government?
I did expect to see translated all the sentence in Greek, but wait a second, the person who claim Greek is poor and unfit for revelation knows nothing at all about greek language.

No reason to write logos, with the the letter l in cap. You know when there is the need to use the capital in Greek grammar, right? LOL

At this stage of the discussion is evident you are disqualified to say language is poor and unfit, seen your lmited knowledge and poor reasoning.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text> Was the Torah given in Greek? Were the Psalms given in Greek? Did the prophets of the distant yore write in Greek? Did Jesus speak only Greek?
Nothing was revealed in Greek.
The Tanakh was for hebrews, Jesus was fsent for Jews, right? But according to Quran Allah sent prophets to all nation, so each one had its own revelation. You go even against Quran, and call yourself a Muslim.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#158729 Jan 15, 2013
(hachnasat orchim

Hospitality mainly to guests from out of town, a very important mitzvot.

Given that it is a mitzva in the torah, it is automatically a fault against G-d if one does not.

Just google: mitzvot on hospitality to find loads of entries.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#158732 Jan 15, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>What about aural intercourse?
Nice one.

:)
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158734 Jan 15, 2013
MAAT wrote:
(hachnasat orchim
Hospitality mainly to guests from out of town, a very important mitzvot.
Given that it is a mitzva in the torah, it is automatically a fault against G-d if one does not.
Just google: mitzvot on hospitality to find loads of entries.
Let me share this with you, Maat.

If I were a stranger in Holland and you and dozens,not even ALL,but DOZENS of women in your area came out to SEX me I would say; very NICE, very GOOD and very HOSPITABLE.

Note, knowing Frijoles and Eric they would think that you are ALL SICK.

If I were a stranger in Holland and even ONE man much more an entire town came out to SEX me I would say what a SICK, NASTY set of "Bat..BOYS" and I would deem their behaviour as being very HOSPITABLE.

However, knowing Frijoles and Eric they would say very nice, very good and very HOSPITABLE.

So hospitality is relative. The rabbis that teach the FALSE doctrine are like Eric and Frijoles you would make them SICK.

Finally,men having sex with other men whether or not rape is involved is an ABOMINATION to God. Just google it and you shall find God's commandment on the matter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Poland's bishops say Halloween is harmful, pagan (Oct '12) Oct 30 Kim 21
can spells be done in the daytime? (Sep '06) Oct 30 Scarlet Hernandez 7
News Curtis Brown column: Trick-or-Treat not to ever... (Oct '10) Oct 26 RationalChick 11
News Out of the Broom Closet: DC Witches in Their Ow... Oct 25 Hajinon 1
News Bloomfield woman behind Ten Commandments monume... (Aug '14) Oct 25 GiveUpUDummies 8
Loner wiccan Oct '17 birdy 2
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Sep '17 de_sheets 3
More from around the web