Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,213

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158458 Jan 12, 2013
Meanwhile...

Beheading of an abused maid in saudi arabia.mp4

By Allah, Wahhabi style, she deserved it.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#158459 Jan 12, 2013
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
US does not owe Pakis a living. If not for US and Intl aid, Pakistan is incapable of sustaining itself. That country is suffering from hyper inflation and the people are feeling the pinch. In Karachi, you can have a man killed for $700.00 - thats all it takes.
What does this have to do with what I wrote? I wrote: " That is correct and the game is valid.

The US is itself double dealing with all the Muslims countries. It deserves what it gets from the Pakis.
I don't think Pakistan is running on American aid.

As long as the US remains in Afghanistan, it has to keep spending. An early exit will save the US billions of dollars that it keeps on wasting.

The US is not sincere to Pakistan, so do not expect the Pakis to be sincere to US. Why should they be?"

How much aid is given to Pakistan by the US and a few other countries? It is silly and absurd to suggest that the country is run on foreign aid.

In the US, you can have a man killed for USD 10,000/- or less, because the American can pay more and the killer knows that he can get more.

My point was that America is not sincere with the Muslim world and that is a fact. It plays a double game, so Pakis can play the same game. So, there is no point in whining and ranting about it.

You know well that politics is dirty. Don't you? Politics cannot be played without bigotry. Diplomacy is a fine word for bigotry and double standards. It applies to all.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#158460 Jan 12, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---Now we are into stereotypes and bigotry.
HughBe--- rabbi, be yourself. Truth and wisdom are not gifts given to you and other rabbis, speaking collectively.
Eric--I don't have a "Jewish Nose".
HughBe--- Some will say that such is the case because you are not a full Jew.
Oh, so that's how it goes, Hugh? Well stereotypes abound in this world:

All Blacks have broad noses and thick lips; All Blacks have the same skin pigmentation; All Blacks like fried chicken and watermelon; All Blacks have rhthym; All Blacks are good at sports, but when it comes to brains ........well you get the picture.

Stereotypes are horrible things.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

#158461 Jan 12, 2013
btw, Hugh, do the Lembas, Bet Israel, and Yemeni Jews have "Jewish Noses"?

bmz

Singapore

#158462 Jan 12, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
You became the lawyer of arabic language, but you missed my point.

Bmz was trying to elevate arabic over any other language, and I told him arabic isn't better or worst than many such Latin and Greek.

Ask to him what is criterion to enstablish which language is better than another.
I was not trying to elevate Arabic over any language.

My point is that Greek is a very poor and an unfit language for a scripture.

Christian scripture was not written in the language that Jesus spoke or was fluent in. Hence the absurdities, which even the Christian scholars continue to debate and disagree.

Time to educate you:

A simple word like Ruach was turned into Ghost.

Have you ever heard of the word Ghost for Ruach in the English translations of Jewish Holy Scriptures by Jewish scholars?

This silly word Ghost came courtesy the scripturally poor language Greek. It was changed into Spirit only in the modern times. Perhaps, it was changed because the kids were getting scared.

Now, if you can, show me if the Jews have ever used the silly word Ghost for Ruach.
Ignacio de Loyola

Medellín, Colombia

#158463 Jan 12, 2013
Both Jews and Muslims must see this video in the way to find the truth and co-exit between each other

bmz

Singapore

#158464 Jan 12, 2013
Ignacio de Loyola wrote:
Both Jews and Muslims must see this video in the way to find the truth and co-exit between each other
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6w3AVSNzxT4XX
Both do not have anything to do with Christians' most favorite delicacy. The pig isn't the problem. lol!
kebasi

Singapore, Singapore

#158465 Jan 12, 2013
the islamist/wahabi extremist have won in egypt saudi hanas azwad however they do not represemt true islam/muslims alqaeda and taleban and syiahs do not represent true muslims the true muslims are persecuted the ahli sunnah/conses moderate muslims are persecuted by the wahabi the son of israEL the wayward christians
kebasi

Singapore, Singapore

#158468 Jan 13, 2013
pls visit www.youtube.com/dajjal video islam bangladesh
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#158469 Jan 13, 2013
SC wrote:
You became the lawyer of Arabic language, but you missed my point.

Bmz was trying to elevate Arabic over any other language, and I told him Arabic isn't better or worst than many such Latin and Greek.

Ask to him what is criterion to establish which language is better than another.

You're right when you say there are Arabic words that cannot be translated into English, and from my personal experience I can say there are English words that cannot be translated into Italian and vice versa and I'm sure there are English words that cannot be translated into Arabic.

You touched an issue very important, why certain translators translate a word giving a meaning rather than another. Reading the Quran (English translation) and dealing with Muslims I learnt that Muslims tend to accept the translation that more make sense, rather the one who expose the fraud. One day out of curiosity I wanted to check onto Arabic dictionary what was the main meaning for that Arabic word and guess what, the meaning was something that the Muslims on net denied its meaning.
Ans.

01. First of all there is no advantage "per see" of any language over other. All languages are from God and He listens to prayers of His servants in every language.

02. In fact Quran speaks of differences in languages and colors as one of "signs" of Allah.

03. God did sent His revelation in different languages, so there is no preference per see of Arabic language. Torah given to Moses was in his language and Quran gives the same status to Torah as it gives to itself. It uses the same words of honor for Torah as it uses for Quran!!

04. The importance of Arabic is now, because the Last and Final Testament of God is in Arabic language and sayings of Last and Final prophet is in Arabic.

05. But in no way prophet told that every one must learn Arabic and only speak in Arabic tongue. He conducted so many negotiations and treaties with Non Arabic people, making use of translators.

06. So Islamic viewpoint regarding languages is very clear and we do not want to enter into debate as to which language is superior to other. To every people, their language is "best and sweetest" in the world!!

07. I told you translating Quran from Arabic to English is a human effort, every translators chooses the words that best convey the meanings of Quran according to him.

There is no dogma attached to any translation, but it should not go against the established interpretation of Quran as agreed by Great Quranic Scholars of earliest times.

And no translation is perfect and no translation can take the place of Arabic Quran. Every Muslim recites Quran in its original Arabic (it makes one's hairs to stand, even if he might not know a word of Arabic) and then looks into translations to know what they mean.

Allah Knows best.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#158470 Jan 13, 2013
Bufford wrote:
If someone learns how to read URDU, he learns to read it as it is written by those who know how to write URDU, "punctuation marks" and all, period.

Assuming that Caliph Uthman knew how to READ Arabic when he was rounding up the variant Qur'ans in an effort to produce one final authoritative version, I wonder how many of these "Authentic Reciters" of the Qur'an that he must have gathered together also knew how to READ Arabic, so that they wouldn't have to take his word for it, for example, that the letter X in the Qur'an means the same as X! when it is pronounced but not the same as !X.

Of course, the "Authentic Reciters" would have to all be in agreement about what Allah/Jibreel/Mohammad's Arabic SOUNDED LIKE even BEFORE they tried tackling its written form WITHOUT "puntuation marks."

Your argument is unconvincing.

See how you are "muddling up" your arguments. I said Almost ALL Urdu Books are written without any punctuation marks. And it is not the case with Urdu, But Persian and Sindhi are also written without punctuation marks.

I do not know Persian, but since it uses the same letters as Urdu, I can read it, but I make hundreds of mistakes, because I do not understand a word of it.

But if someone put punctuation marks, I will be able to read it correctly, even if I might not understand a word of it!!

Of Course, Caliph Othman and Arabs of his time, knew how to read Arabic without punctuation marks and without dots.

Quran was always recited in prayers, if you offer regular prayers in ANY Mosque, you will hear the full Quran many times during one year!! During Ramadan nights itself, Whole Quran is recited more than once from beginning to end!!

All of these Learned Reciters, learned and practiced their Quran in front of Companions of prophet and they were allowed to teach others, only after they got is perfected.

My arguments are not to convince you, because there is no cure for some one who has "sickness inside his hearts".

Your arguments show that you are an atheist.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158471 Jan 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
My arguments are not to convince you, because there is no cure for some one who has "sickness inside his hearts".
Is there something inherently sick, in your value system, for being an atheist?

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#158472 Jan 13, 2013
Eric wrote:
btw, Hugh, do the Lembas, Bet Israel, and Yemeni Jews have "Jewish Noses"?
And why doesnt our favorite wannabee Jew on this forum, Mr SamBee, have a "Jewish nose"?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#158473 Jan 13, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not trying to elevate Arabic over any language.
My point is that Greek is a very poor and an unfit language for a scripture.
Christian scripture was not written in the language that Jesus spoke or was fluent in. Hence the absurdities, which even the Christian scholars continue to debate and disagree.
Time to educate you:
A simple word like Ruach was turned into Ghost.
Have you ever heard of the word Ghost for Ruach in the English translations of Jewish Holy Scriptures by Jewish scholars?
This silly word Ghost came courtesy the scripturally poor language Greek. It was changed into Spirit only in the modern times. Perhaps, it was changed because the kids were getting scared.
Now, if you can, show me if the Jews have ever used the silly word Ghost for Ruach.
You cannot make a point only by affirming that a certain language is poor and unfit for a scripture, you need to back up your claims, and as far as I know all your examples are hilarious.

Take the last one, you are accusing Greek by using English language because they have translated ruach with ghost instead of spirit.

Lessons of the day:

In English language ghost means spirit:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/br...

At the end of the day you are not that "well read" and "educated" as you claim to be.

Since you love to criticize Greek, let me break this down for you. The Hebraic word ruach, that can be used to mean spirit, literally means to breath or blow, while the Greeks translated that word with pneuma that can be used to mean spirit, but literally means breath, air of vital blow.

At this point anyone can figure out your brain is POOR and UNFIT for Greek language.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#158474 Jan 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. First of all there is no advantage "per see" of any language over other. All languages are from God and He listens to prayers of His servants in every language.
02. In fact Quran speaks of differences in languages and colors as one of "signs" of Allah.
03. God did sent His revelation in different languages, so there is no preference per see of Arabic language. Torah given to Moses was in his language and Quran gives the same status to Torah as it gives to itself. It uses the same words of honor for Torah as it uses for Quran!!
04. The importance of Arabic is now, because the Last and Final Testament of God is in Arabic language and sayings of Last and Final prophet is in Arabic.
05. But in no way prophet told that every one must learn Arabic and only speak in Arabic tongue. He conducted so many negotiations and treaties with Non Arabic people, making use of translators.
06. So Islamic viewpoint regarding languages is very clear and we do not want to enter into debate as to which language is superior to other. To every people, their language is "best and sweetest" in the world!!
07. I told you translating Quran from Arabic to English is a human effort, every translators chooses the words that best convey the meanings of Quran according to him.
There is no dogma attached to any translation, but it should not go against the established interpretation of Quran as agreed by Great Quranic Scholars of earliest times.
And no translation is perfect and no translation can take the place of Arabic Quran. Every Muslim recites Quran in its original Arabic (it makes one's hairs to stand, even if he might not know a word of Arabic) and then looks into translations to know what they mean.
Allah Knows best.
I don't understand why you are writing such a long post to me and not to bmz. All I'm saying is that arabic language is not better or worst than other ones.

While bmz is saying that Greek language is poor and unfit for the scripture, this is why god has not revealed anything in that language, but as you said, and I said few days ago, Allah sent messengers to all nations. But he keeps ignoring, lying and denying anything goes against his wishes.

Since it's clear there is disagreement between you and him and time for you to educate him to what Quran said.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158475 Jan 13, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>IOW, light is fire, as seen.
Did Mohammad know this?
1.Not all lights that are seen by ME are fires.
2. My response was based on your question ONLY. I thought that it was a good question but was unaware of the background.
3. It is said that he was a prophet and if that is correct it is highly likely,but not necessarily so, that he knew.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158476 Jan 13, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Somehow, in "Allah's" matrix, this is THE difference between angels and jinn.
I haven't the foggiest.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158477 Jan 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
See how you are "muddling up" your arguments. I said Almost ALL Urdu Books are written without any punctuation marks. And it is not the case with Urdu, But Persian and Sindhi are also written without punctuation marks.
I do not know Persian, but since it uses the same letters as Urdu, I can read it, but I make hundreds of mistakes, because I do not understand a word of it.
But if someone put punctuation marks, I will be able to read it correctly, even if I might not understand a word of it!!
Of Course, Caliph Othman and Arabs of his time, knew how to read Arabic without punctuation marks and without dots.
Quran was always recited in prayers, if you offer regular prayers in ANY Mosque, you will hear the full Quran many times during one year!! During Ramadan nights itself, Whole Quran is recited more than once from beginning to end!!
All of these Learned Reciters, learned and practiced their Quran in front of Companions of prophet and they were allowed to teach others, only after they got is perfected.
I get it! All of the "Great Quranic Scholars of earliest times" got together with all of the "Authentic Reciters" and together they decided to clarify how Allah/Jibreel/Mohammad's Qur'anic Arabic SHOULD sound when recited -because that's what matters most of all- so they invented diacritical marks that everyone agreed on that have persisted to this day! The very thought makes my hair stand up! It's a miracle, I say!

http://www.quickarabic.com/pronunciation.html
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#158479 Jan 13, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so that's how it goes, Hugh? Well stereotypes abound in this world:
All Blacks have broad noses and thick lips; All Blacks have the same skin pigmentation; All Blacks like fried chicken and watermelon; All Blacks have rhthym; All Blacks are good at sports, but when it comes to brains ........well you get the picture.
Stereotypes are horrible things.
HughBe--First I shall deal with your current rubbish then you are being advised to STUDY my previous post as you have not grasped it.

Eric---All Blacks have broad noses and thick lips; All Blacks have the same skin pigmentation

HughBe--- Clearly you did NOT understand my post. In my post I said some will say that such is the case because you are not a FULL Jew.

Knowing that you will NEVER get it on your own I shall spell it out for you. Not all blacks are FULL blacks. I am NOT a FULL black in origin. I am mixed. In America where YOU live and in YOUR lifetime if a WHITE is known to have ONE drop of black blood they were regarded as black. I bet a WHITE American like you did not know this.

Eric---All Blacks like fried chicken and watermelon

HughBe--- In your mind diet is a function of RACE and not culture. So then the blacks in France eat differently than the whites. In addition your BS amounts to ALL Jews eat the same way and to this I can GUARANTEE you that Jews in Jamaica eat like Jamaicans. Your BS means all Jews eat Kosher and that explains Frijoles EATING of shrimps etc.

Eric--All Blacks are good at sports, but when it comes to brains .

HughBe--- Good relative to others, some will say. In terms of the brains thing it is plain to ALL that I am no match for your brilliance or that of Dr. Frijoles. The day that I discuss religion with the very BRIGHTEST of your rabbis in a PUBLIC forum their superiority shall be in greater evidence.

STUDY, STUDY, STUDY what follows.

Eric--I don't have a "Jewish Nose".

HughBe--- Some will say that such is the case because you are not a full Jew.

My points are repeated below with significant ADDITIONS for your LEARNING.

1.Judaism/religion does NOT give the Jews their DNA. Jewish DNA testings are NOT done to determine RELIGION.The tests are done to determine RACE.

2.RACE/LINEAGE gives Jews their DNA. Recall, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob/Israel etc. that is LINEAGE/race.

3.Jews are a RACE of people.

4.Judaism is a RELIGION and its members are Judahites.

5.Judaism/religion does NOT give the Jews a JEWISH NOSE.

6.RACE gives Jews, JEWISH NOSES

7. Jews were in existence LONG before Moses got the law.

8. God made a COVENANT with a people KNOWN as Israel/Jews.

9. The LAW or COVENANT did NOT make them Jews they were ALREADY Jews

10. Jews existed over a 1000 years before Judaism.

11. When Jews leave Judaism their DNA do NOT change.

12. When Jews leave Judaism they REMAIN the SEED of Abraham, Isaac and Israel and there is NOTHING that you and other rabbis can do about that REALITY.

13. When a CONVERT leaves Judaism, is s/he still a spiritual Jew? NO, NO, NO!

14. When a Jew,seed of Israel, leaves Judaism is s/he still a Jew. YES. The DNA does not change. Only DECEIVERS don't get this.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#158480 Jan 13, 2013
MUQ wrote:
MUQtard,

Not true! Your arguments really have CONVINCED me that you are an unteachable and unapologetically arrogant slave of the Spelunker from Mecca who had a "spiritual encounter with Jibreel" one day that transformed him over the next 23 years into a self-serving thief, murderer, rape-enabler, and enslaver of women and children, and whose "Allah" had an even fouler disposition than he did, especially when it came to dealing with "unbelieving" Jews, but if it makes you feel better about yourself to believe that your arguments HAVEN'T convinced me of anything, then I can't help you.

Incidentally, I believe in the possibility of one God who created everything, but it isn't Islam's "Allah," because the one God of possibility doesn't order the executions of Jewish poets who write and recite satirical verses about a certain Spelunker from Mecca.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) 13 min Tina 15
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Dec 10 God worships Sin ... 14,477
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov 22 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov '14 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov '14 GordonM 1
drawing with pen Nov '14 scribbles 1
Shadow Energy / Shadow Magic (Feb '08) Nov '14 scribbles 25
More from around the web