Ans.You became the lawyer of Arabic language, but you missed my point.
Bmz was trying to elevate Arabic over any other language, and I told him Arabic isn't better or worst than many such Latin and Greek.
Ask to him what is criterion to establish which language is better than another.
You're right when you say there are Arabic words that cannot be translated into English, and from my personal experience I can say there are English words that cannot be translated into Italian and vice versa and I'm sure there are English words that cannot be translated into Arabic.
You touched an issue very important, why certain translators translate a word giving a meaning rather than another. Reading the Quran (English translation) and dealing with Muslims I learnt that Muslims tend to accept the translation that more make sense, rather the one who expose the fraud. One day out of curiosity I wanted to check onto Arabic dictionary what was the main meaning for that Arabic word and guess what, the meaning was something that the Muslims on net denied its meaning.
01. First of all there is no advantage "per see" of any language over other. All languages are from God and He listens to prayers of His servants in every language.
02. In fact Quran speaks of differences in languages and colors as one of "signs" of Allah.
03. God did sent His revelation in different languages, so there is no preference per see of Arabic language. Torah given to Moses was in his language and Quran gives the same status to Torah as it gives to itself. It uses the same words of honor for Torah as it uses for Quran!!
04. The importance of Arabic is now, because the Last and Final Testament of God is in Arabic language and sayings of Last and Final prophet is in Arabic.
05. But in no way prophet told that every one must learn Arabic and only speak in Arabic tongue. He conducted so many negotiations and treaties with Non Arabic people, making use of translators.
06. So Islamic viewpoint regarding languages is very clear and we do not want to enter into debate as to which language is superior to other. To every people, their language is "best and sweetest" in the world!!
07. I told you translating Quran from Arabic to English is a human effort, every translators chooses the words that best convey the meanings of Quran according to him.
There is no dogma attached to any translation, but it should not go against the established interpretation of Quran as agreed by Great Quranic Scholars of earliest times.
And no translation is perfect and no translation can take the place of Arabic Quran. Every Muslim recites Quran in its original Arabic (it makes one's hairs to stand, even if he might not know a word of Arabic) and then looks into translations to know what they mean.
Allah Knows best.