Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,455)

Showing posts 149,081 - 149,100 of198,722
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

"The commentaries of the geonim, their responsa, the Talmud itself, both Babylonian and Jerusalem, the Sifra, Sifrei, and Tosefta; all of them require considerable study so that only a few individuals fully comprehend them. For this purpose I have intently studied all these works and put them together in plain language so that the entire Oral Law may be accessible to all" (intro to Mishneh Torah)

i wonder how much of the Sifra, Sifrei, and Tosefta have Frijoles learned that he now has a wide interpretation of his religion

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
"The following do not have any portion in the world to come, their souls are cut off forever:...koferim ba-Torah.
Koferim ba-Torah are those who maintain that God has replaced or nullified the mitzvot, such as the Muslims and Christians" (Mishneh Torah, hilchot Teshuvah)
but i guess Maimonides too had a "very narrow interpretation" of "Frijole's religion"
context is everything.

Pony up - are you muslim?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is Judahites want to feel special and important and in achieving this they will not stop at anything and so they will DECEIVE among other things.
We are called Jews. Everyone other than you and perhaps Alex calls us Jews. We call ourselves Jews.

Your private vocabulary only makes you look like a hater.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
In this economy, I know the meaning of working for reduced fees because clients are wanting.
Thats not even the least of it. Getting people to actually pay is the other challenge. Though I have pretty lucky in that regard. But my colleagues are always complaining about this.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
"The following do not have any portion in the world to come, their souls are cut off forever:...koferim ba-Torah.
Koferim ba-Torah are those who maintain that God has replaced or nullified the mitzvot, such as the Muslims and Christians" (Mishneh Torah, hilchot Teshuvah)
but i guess Maimonides too had a "very narrow interpretation" of "Frijole's religion"
and even if you ignored the legal context (what is opinion vs what is mitzvot)

the fact is most Jews today do not waste anytime worrying or even thinking that nonJews are unworthy of going to heaven or not.

So yes, your view would be a very narrow interpretation.
SamBee

Winter Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the name very well. So, what is your point?
Was Iblis an angel before he disobeyed God? According to Qur'aan, he was from the Jinns, a creation before man.
According to Qur'aan, the angels never disobey God and do as they are told.
Fallen angel is a Christian innovation.
The Quran, in many citations, portrays Satan or Iblis as an angel:

And (remember) when We said to the angels: "Prostrate yourselves before Adam." And they prostrated except Iblis (Satan), he refused and was proud and was one of the disbelievers (disobedient to Allah). S. 2:34

And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "I am going to create a man (Adam) from sounding clay of altered black smooth mud. So, when I have fashioned him completely and breathed into him (Adam) the soul which I created for him, then fall (you) down prostrating yourselves unto him." So, the angels prostrated themselves, all of them together. Except Iblis (Satan),- he refused to be among the prostrators. S. 15:28-31

And (remember) when We said to the angels: "Prostrate yourselves to Adam." They prostrated (all) except Iblis (Satan), who refused. S. 20:116

(Remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "Truly, I am going to create man from clay". So when I have fashioned him and breathed into him (his) soul created by Me, then you fall down prostrate to him." So the angels prostrated themselves, all of them: Except Iblis (Satan) he was proud and was one of the disbelievers. S. 38:71-74

The natural reading of the above texts is to see Satan as an angel who refused to obey Allahís order to worship Adam. The following passage brings out this point even more clearly:

And surely, We created you (your father Adam) and then gave you shape (the noble shape of a human being), then We told the angels, "Prostrate to Adam", and they prostrated, except Iblis (Satan), he refused to be of those who prostrate.(Allah) said: "What prevented you (O Iblis) that you did not prostrate, when I commanded you?" Iblis said: "I am better than him (Adam), You created me from fire, and him You created from clay." S. 7:11-12

Allah asks Iblis why he didnít obey his instruction to the angels to prostrate to Adam, which presupposes that he was one of the angels. The text does not say that Allah commanded some other group along with the angels to worship Adam, and therefore makes no sense for Allah to hold Iblis accountable for not obeying a command that was given to them if he wasnít an angel.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pakistanis are double dealing the US and the US is aware of it. The Pak army signals the Taliban when an attack imminent for them to hide. There was a documentry on this in the BBC. Not only that, my Pakistani friends themselves have acknowledged this fact. As long as the militants are around, Pakis will keep getting US aid.
Mahmood,

That is correct and the game is valid.

The US is itself double dealing with all the Muslims countries. It deserves what it gets from the Pakis.

I don't think Pakistan is running on American aid.

As long as the US remains in Afghanistan, it has to keep spending. An early exit will save the US billions of dollars that it keeps on wasting. The US is not sincere to Pakistan, so do not expect the Pakis to be sincere to US. Why should they be?

uhuh

Jumilla, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
context is everything
if you ignored the legal context (what is opinion vs what is mitzvot)
deniers of Torah will spend eternity in gehinnom

is the statement above a mitzvot? lol
the mishnah opens up the discusson, continued in the gemara and tosafot
and no there's not a single counter-opinion to the statement
just what is the real "context" Frijoles?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the name very well. So, what is your point?
Was Iblis an angel before he disobeyed God? According to Qur'aan, he was from the Jinns, a creation before man.
According to Qur'aan, the angels never disobey God and do as they are told.
Fallen angel is a Christian innovation.
Where does the Quran say explicitly that?

I've found this verse on Quran 7:11
And We have certainly created you,[O Mankind], and given you [human] form. Then We said to the angels, "Prostrate to Adam"; so they prostrated, except for Iblees. He was not of those who prostrated.

It implies Iblis was an angel, being the order given to angels.

Less matter if it was angel or a devil, the fact that such beings disobey to their god is silly and should be put together with tales since there is no difference between tales and those stories.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Quote the facts that are in evidence which support your position. Quote the facts that support the position that the arrest was moral, justified, merited and lawful.
asked and answered
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---The 7 are the prime laws that should apply to all.
BMZ---Thanks for your views, Eric. We can agree to disagree and agree where we can.
HughBe--- The 7 are an example of the LIES and DECEPTION of the Judahites and more so of their masters that have misled them.
Young Eric and other Judahites here are just as no good as their masters and I say this because they have no excuse or cannot claim that they don't know better.
Let us look at the 7. The same 7 are subdivided by the Judahites and applied to themselves. The fact is the same thing can be done for the non-Jews and therefore you would end up with MUCH more than 7 when .
The thing is Judahites want to feel special and important and in achieving this they will not stop at anything and so they will DECEIVE among other things.
Finally, I have pointed out to the half-wits i.e. Eric and company that Noah KNEW about the laws of clean and unclean otherwise he may have sacrificed his favourite DOG to God or for that matter his favourite food a PIG. These INCLUSION of these laws would also expand the 7. But no the Judahites must be SPECIAL.
You can't stand it that a Muslim and a Jew can talk to each other civilly and agree on a point. BMZ and I have discussed the topic of what is minimal piety that is required to be accepted by G-d and we have come to a consensus. And, you can't stand it.

What's interesting is that your position on what is the minimal piety necessary to be acceptable to G-d is to believe in the Triune. Which means that YOU believe that you are SPECIAL because YOU and your ilk are the only ones acceptable to G-d. What a hypocrite.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
deniers of Torah will spend eternity in gehinnom
is the statement above a mitzvot? lol
the mishnah opens up the discusson, continued in the gemara and tosafot
and no there's not a single counter-opinion to the statement
just what is the real "context" Frijoles?
that doesnt sound like a mitzvot to me

I alrady adressed what I meant by as context.

Why are you afraid to tell us your religion? What is worth hiding? we have muslims here on this forum. Your not the first.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
We are called Jews. Everyone other than you and perhaps Alex calls us Jews. We call ourselves Jews.
Your private vocabulary only makes you look like a hater.
HughBe---The thing is Judahites want to feel special and important and in achieving this they will not stop at anything and so they will DECEIVE among other things.

Frijoles---We are called Jews.

HughBe--- Deceiver YOU and others like you are Judahites.

Jews are a RACE of people.

Judaism is a RELIGION and its members are Judahites.
Judaism is a Religion and its members are Judahites.
Judaism is a Religion and its members are Judahites

Judaism does NOT give people a JEWISH NOSE.

RACE gives people a JEWISH NOSE

Many many Jews are NOT a part of your CORRUPTED religion that not even God or Moses would recognize. These people don't subscribe to your BS or better yet Chicken S.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't stand it that a Muslim and a Jew can talk to each other civilly and agree on a point. BMZ and I have discussed the topic of what is minimal piety that is required to be accepted by G-d and we have come to a consensus. And, you can't stand it.
What's interesting is that your position on what is the minimal piety necessary to be acceptable to G-d is to believe in the Triune. Which means that YOU believe that you are SPECIAL because YOU and your ilk are the only ones acceptable to G-d. What a hypocrite.
Eric---You can't stand it that a Muslim and a Jew can talk to each other civilly and agree on a point.

HughBe--- Simple Simon, Muslim = religious. Jews=RACE.
Stop your deceptive ploy of equating RACE/Jew with Religion/Judaism. It is a very DECEPTIVE PLOY or STUPID one.

The correct phrasing of your LIE should be a Muslim and a Judahite. There you have religion with religion or Islam with Judaism.

Once again, read and learn.

Eric---The 7 are the prime laws that should apply to all.

BMZ---Thanks for your views, Eric. We can agree to disagree and agree where we can.

HughBe--- The 7 are an example of the LIES and DECEPTION of the

Judahites and more so of their masters that have misled them.
Young Eric and other Judahites here are just as no good as their masters and I say this because they have no excuse or cannot claim that they don't know better.
Let us look at the 7. The same 7 are subdivided by the Judahites and applied to themselves. The fact is the same thing can be done for the non-Jews and therefore you would end up with MUCH more than 7 when .

Finally, I have pointed out to the half-wits i.e. Eric and company that Noah KNEW about the laws of clean and unclean otherwise he may have sacrificed his favourite DOG to God or for that matter his favourite food a PIG. These INCLUSION of these laws would also expand the 7. But no the Judahites must be SPECIAL.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
asked and answered
I speak sincerely and God is my witness I did not know that people and certainly adults could LIE with such ease and without remorse as you do. Indeed you are a true image of your father, Satan.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---The thing is Judahites want to feel special and important and in achieving this they will not stop at anything and so they will DECEIVE among other things.
Frijoles---We are called Jews.
HughBe--- Deceiver YOU and others like you are Judahites.
Judaism is a RELIGION and its members are Judahites.
Judaism is a Religion and its members are Judahites.
Judaism is a Religion and its members are Judahites
Many many Jews are NOT a part of your CORRUPTED religion that not even God or Moses would recognize. These people don't subscribe to your BS or better yet Chicken S.
Dont be a putz. Everyone else calls us Jews.

case closed

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I speak sincerely and God is my witness I did not know that people and certainly adults could LIE with such ease and without remorse as you do. Indeed you are a true image of your father, Satan.
You are getting really vitriolic. Have you adjusted your meds? or did you just get back from church?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont be a putz. Everyone else calls us Jews.
case closed
Then your DECEPTION has been successful. When I am speaking about RACE I shall say JEWS. When I am speaking about RELIGION/Judaism I shall say Judahites.

Learn/accept this fact DECEIVER, many many Jews don't belong to your religion.

Tell me this, does Judaism give a Jew his DNA?
Does Judaism give a Jew his NOSE?

When Jews/RACE turn from Judaism will their DNA change? Will their NOSE change? Will their lineage or RACE change?

Tired of you time waster.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You are getting really vitriolic. Have you adjusted your meds? or did you just get back from church?
UNSTABLE psychotic Judahite, shut up.

Again, I speak sincerely and God is my witness I did not know that people and certainly adults could LIE with such ease and without remorse as you do. Indeed you are a true image of your father, Satan.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Then your DECEPTION has been successful. When I am speaking about RACE I shall say JEWS. When I am speaking about RELIGION/Judaism I shall say Judahites.
Learn/accept this fact DECEIVER, many many Jews don't belong to your religion.
Tell me this, does Judaism give a Jew his DNA?
Does Judaism give a Jew his NOSE?
When Jews/RACE turn from Judaism will their DNA change? Will their NOSE change? Will their lineage or RACE change?
Tired of you time waster.
We are Jews. Everyone else calls us Jews.

Everyone else calls the religion that we practice Judaism

No need to post on this again. We all know you are looney. You dont have to continue to proove it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 149,081 - 149,100 of198,722
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••