Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,449)

Showing posts 148,961 - 148,980 of193,556
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
suleman

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

george whyte wrote:
Let us examine below some valid questions and answers :
Did the Pagan Arabs in pre-Islamic times worship 360 gods? Yes
Did the pagans Arabs worship the sun, moon and the stars? Yes
Did the Arabs built temples to the Moon-god? Yes
Did different Arab tribes give the Moon-god different names/titles? Yes
What were some of the names/titles? Sin, Hubul, Ilumquh, Al-ilah.
Was the title “al-ilah”(the god) used as the Moon-god? Yes
Was the word “Allah” derived from “al-ilah?” Yes
Was the pagan “Allah” a high god in a pantheon of deities? Yes.
Was he worshipped at the Kabah? Yes.
Was Allah only one of many Meccan gods? Yes
Did they place a statue of Hubul on top of the Kabah? Yes.
At that time was Hubul considered the Moon-god? Yes.
Was the Kabah thus the “house of the Moon-god”? Yes.
Did the name “Allah” eventually replace that of Hubul as the name of the Moon god? Yes.
Did they call the Kabah the “house of Allah”? Yes.
Were al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat called “the daughters of Allah”? Yes.
Yusuf Ali explains in fn. 5096, pg. 1445, that Lat, Uzza and Manat were known as “the daughters of God [Allah]”
Did the Qur’an at one point tell Muslims to worship al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat? Yes. In Surah 53:19-20.
Have those verses been “abrogated” out of the present Qur’an? Yes.
What were they called?“The Satanic Verses.”
i agree.
let's worship Allah who is more fun than our Hashem
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

arab=bare
arabic rabic
read deference
bare=izokrenuti

be good neokreci
jer neznas zasto
3 kamen
3 znamen
arab
Greenland
where is 3=''?"

ARAB SANTA CLOSE HU HU HUUU BIG SOCK

Greenland=kamen stone
ti mene kamenon=stoning, ja tebe kruhom bread=drove stone if you without sin
sin=error throw stone if you without sin
builder reject stone
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

why builders reject stone..because they are sinfull
ti mene osudom=kamenom=ja tebe svojom dobrotom

Tko odbacuje dobrotu?
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

unuk or unuka
crveno i bilo
moje oko milo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Greenland_%...
skidaj sapu sa mojega kamena
grrrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
jel ja
da da da to ja tebi govorim
skidaj shapuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuu

prste sebi pogrdane
sram te bilo lopuzoooooooooooo

e bas tako
nema da se diraaaaaaaaa

e sad
huhnes u carape
sto cemo sa carapom

sa puracom po glavi
po vrh rogova
na ogledalo
http://www.google.com.au/search...

cujes nebi rada ja mnogo
viditi ce oni symbole

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---I posted FIVE - count them FIVE posts -explaining what I really meant by "ummm" and you keep deleting all mention of that.
HughBe--- Why not explain what you meant when you said YES to the question of FABRICATION by the rabbi? Why should I focus on "ummm"?
Below is YOUR entire post 158037. Tell me, do you see the word YES to my question about Rabbi Raphael FABRICATING the things that he wrote? YES. Explain the YES and not the "ummm"
Note, post 158037 shows that YOU did say that the esteemed rabbi FABRICATED the things that he wrote. You are DISHONEST, LYING, IDIOTIC and DECEPTIVE. Note your DECEPTION " I posted FIVE ...posts -explaining what I really meant by "ummm" and in saying this you lead others away from the FACT that you did say YES to the question of the rabbi FABRICATING his work.
POST 158037 follows.
HughBe--- Are YOU telling me that Rabbi Raphael, a TOP historian of Jewish history, and a man who "for the last generation .. has been the EDITOR of the quarterly journal, American Jewish HISTORY" FABRICATED the information that he wrote?
Frijoles----Um...YES
You have no understanding how the academic enterprise works.
Some one publishes something, Some one else examines, it, improves on it, criticizes it, etc etc...thats how progress is attained
I would be MUCH more impressed if YOU read BOTH books and came back with an informed critique or opinion on the issue, rather than defending an older work and ignoring future works.
You have a weak approach
HughBe--- Not only are you a LIAR you are a total JACKASS. I take it that in your world where jackasses live YES means NO.
That will be the end of my side of discussion on this topic

I cant converse in stupid.
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

u tom oku na om boku
su tempirane sa satom bummmm
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

he art every heart
marble=your planet
tiny child marble which is very easy posses or destroy from any place

its not mean you love me or not
i am not care
byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
truth

Perth, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

tvoja pitalica
moja cackalica= zemljina os
truth

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
That will be the end of my side of discussion on this topic
I cant converse in stupid.
when i can't answer...i end it!
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
All we have to do is to accept the Will of THE TRUE G-D of ALL Creation and SUBMIT to the Will of THIS TRUE GOD in peace.
If you do that, Eric, you will be Equal or EVEN better than me in the eyes of ALLAH!!!
I'm listening, Alex. How does one accept the Will of the True G-d?

What are the minimal requirements?

Tell me that the minimal requirement is not becoming a Muslim.

Tell me if a Baha'i who follows his faith has accepted the Will of the True G-d? As far as the Jews are concerned, a Baha'i who follows his faith is accepted by G-d.

And, being accepted by G-d is the ultimate position. There can be nothing greater than being accepted by G-d.
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
When a HUMAN becomes a Muslim, he/she has the same rights and obligations as all other Muslims.
Surely, if a person is more pious than me, then i am happy to say, "he/she is a better Muslim than me"...now that is supposed to be sign of humility too.
Peace.
This is exactly of which I speak. The minimal requirement of piety necessary as far as you are concerned is to become a Muslim. No other people on earth--no matter what else they believe--are acceptable to G-d. Everyone else in the world is going to one of the gates in Muslim Jahannam. Only Muslims get to go to Jannah. You either become a Muslim or go to Jahannam.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly of which I speak. The minimal requirement of piety necessary as far as you are concerned is to become a Muslim.

No other people on earth--no matter what else they believe--are acceptable to G-d. Everyone else in the world is going to one of the gates in Muslim Jahannam. Only Muslims get to go to Jannah. You either become a Muslim or go to Jahannam.
Wrong, Eric!

G-d has clearly stated that those who believe in G-d and have been righteous, have nothing to worry or fear. The Jews have been included by the word Yehudi in Qur'aan.

Belief in one G-d Almighty is the main requirement.

Even Muslims, who have committed horrible crimes and murders, will go to hell!!!
Eric

Arlington Heights, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, was the father supporting the arrest of his son?
Yes

Besides, it's apples and oranges. The arrest was not immoral. Slavery should have been always considered immoral. To send an escaped slave back to a master is immoral (and was illegal at the time as far as Mosaic law was concerned). One of the worst decisions in US law was that concerning Dred Scott. Paul's decision was the same.

Those who are Silent in the wake of tyranny are no better than those who commit the tyranny--especially when those who are silent are the moral leadership of the times. There is a children's book titled "Terrible Things". You might want to read it. Short but packs a punch.
faith

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, Eric!
G-d has clearly stated that those who believe in G-d and have been righteous, have nothing to worry or fear. The Jews have been included by the word Yehudi in Qur'aan.
Belief in one G-d Almighty is the main requirement.
Even Muslims, who have committed horrible crimes and murders, will go to hell!!!
Quran 4:150-151 Those who deny Allah and His messengers, and (those who) wish to separate Allah from His messengers, saying: "We believe in some but reject others": And (those who) wish to take a course midway,-
They are in truth (equally) unbelievers; and we have prepared for unbelievers a humiliating punishment.

The Jews don't believe to all prophets, they reject Mohammed and Jesus (peace and blessing upon them), so they will go to hell. Don't bastardize the words of Allah, you filthy Kafir, Muslim wannabe
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Quran 4:150-151 Those who deny Allah and His messengers, and (those who) wish to separate Allah from His messengers, saying: "We believe in some but reject others": And (those who) wish to take a course midway,-
They are in truth (equally) unbelievers; and we have prepared for unbelievers a humiliating punishment.
The Jews don't believe to all prophets, they reject Mohammed and Jesus (peace and blessing upon them), so they will go to hell. Don't bastardize the words of Allah, you filthy Kafir, Muslim wannabe
You gotta be sh*tting me......Who the fck are you..and why are you using my name, you muslim scumbag?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

Faith wrote:
<quoted text>You gotta be sh*tting me......Who the fck are you..and why are you using my name, you muslim scumbag?
How many people in the world have the same name, bloody fool of a christian?

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

faith wrote:
<quoted text>

Looks like you have never came across this verse:

"2:62 VERILY, those who have attained to faith [in this divine writ], as well as those who follow the Jewish faith, and the Christians, and the Sabians -all who believe in God and the Last Day and do righteous deeds-shall have their reward with their Sustainer; and no fear need they have, and neither shall they grieve."

It would have been better if you had read this. Your sin is forgiven!
Alex123 aka WM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Muslims and blacks are the buttlickers of the human race. Non Gentiles are God's chosen people.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
said the one who call himself rabbee, but he's not. Call himself yehoshooah adam, but is real and only name is jimmie, c. boswell, as your mum and dad called you. your Hashem came to you yesterday and cursed you and your mate in front of us. You are a lost soul rabbee, now even your god leave you. lol
rabbee: well all you lost souls, can pretend your not. and it is G-D WHO commanded, i shall be TheHisRabbee Again. even before i knew what in the hell, a HisRabbee is.

and my FATHER/MOTHER, calls me as their male child adam. and claims i have no biological earthly mother and father. all i physically have is, TheSurrogate Mother here on earth.

and my step father, never claimed me as his son. according to G-D all i have is an earthly stepfather. and was away at war, in europe for about a year after my birth.

and scripture supports, the idea. that neither Adam or adam, arrive on earth in the usual manner. and all you do with your denial of this, is prove you never ever believed in G-D.

since according to G-D, me and this woman. are the one you all ficticiously call jesus christ. and i may have been given a worldly name as jimmie cooper boswell. but G-D only calls me as, TheHisSon adam. TheHisOnly male child here on earth, over and over again and again.

and you can all, reject being here in ThisStory of Creation just again from G-D. but it shall cost you all, and your grandmother any chance at immortality.

and we have no idea, what would have happened. had this world of been, true to G-D here in TheTorah. because this world again, has never been actually true to G-D here in TheBook of Life.

so you can be the lost souls all you want. and only claiming, i am a lost soul. in order to hide the fact, it is all of you who have lost it. but i have been here, in ThisStory of Creation. everytime G-D has previously given it. so all of you are, non-existant newbees relative to me. and i shall be here, in TheTorah Happening. the very next time again also. but i cannot make that guarentee to all of you, and your grandmother.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 148,961 - 148,980 of193,556
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics (Aug '13) 18 hr PINCH111 284
Paganism still suffering from wounds inflicted ... 19 hr PINCH111 5
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... 19 hr PINCH111 54
Wiccan Threefold Law Is Overrated 19 hr PINCH111 8
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) 20 hr PINCH111 72
Create A Potted Plant Altar Wed Drake_Burrwood 1
Woman Injured in Wiccan Ceremony (Jul '08) Wed Ken Ra 5
•••
•••