Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
148,861 - 148,880 of 199,489 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Alex, to tell you the truth, I don't read more than 1% of the tripe that is spewed by either you or Buford. I do read a lot of Hugh's stuff; although some is skimmed. And, I was addressing Hugh's statements and not your or Buford's in my initial post. Once you interceded, I made an honest comment on how I see things.
You, BMZ and Buford have been going at it for quite some time. Almost all that is said is uncivil--on both sides. At one time Hugh and you were going round and round and now the allegiance has changed.
People make a living out of commenting on the social milieu. I was but doing the same. I haven't taken a position for or against either you or Buford, except to think that sometimes you both act childish. Since I haven't taken a position against you with Buford, does that mean I support you?
There is no tripe.
It's tripe because you are in denial eric.
READ your books!!
Do they look like books written by unbiased people? NO!
So please stop deluding yourself.
God will NEVER suck up to just one group of people!
Just look at good old judah...where did he suddenly make his appearance...how come other 11 tribes were coincidentally wiped off....
how come the GOD of multi-universes...becomes..god of jacob...and then of judah??lol...
The open seceret is this:
Non-gentiles "know" that they are the only favoured people of god!
No REAL God will be like that.
Therefore, non-gentiles have made up their own tribal, racist, sexist, bigoted, antigentile slave god of non-gentiles!
Just READ the opening of genesis...your minigod curses woman!
You know why?
it was OBVIOUSLY cooked up by a sexist male chauvinistic pig and NOT GOD!!
It is time for reality check...chuck the lies out and embrace the TRUE GOD of ALL CREATION, WHO ALLOWS ACCESS TO ALL CREATION ON EQUAL TERMS BECAUSE THE TRUE GOD IS MERCIFUL.
THANK YOU...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't quoting you I was paraphrasing you. It's what you told us all on Monday. These are the 3 examples I gave as to why the New Testament promoted slavery; and you told me that that wasn't so.
HughBe---First things first. Address the matter below. Thereafter I shall once again lighten your dark mind.

Eric--Hugh said that unless you voice positive support for an idea, you are not promoting it.

HughBe--- I am still waiting for your "CORRECTED" quote of my words.

Eric--I wasn't quoting you I was paraphrasing you.

HughBe--- Actually you were interpreting my words and NOT paraphrasing them. Also you should have phrased it differently. You should not have said "Hugh said..." when the truth is I said no such thing and it did not enter my mind.

Eric-- It's what you told us all on Monday.

HughBe--- WRONG. I said no such thing.

Eric--- These are the 3 examples I gave as to why the New Testament promoted slavery; and you told me that that wasn't so.

HughBe--- Let me tell you a story. Once there was a young man that was being arrested by the police. His father cried out to him and said, be respectful to the police and OBEY them. He then said to the police treat my son fairly and kindly.

Tell me, was the father supporting the arrest of his son?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Eric wrote:
Inpatient little cuss, isn't he.
Don't let the door hit you in the tush on the way out.
I trust that you did not have sweet, wonderful, lovable, magnetic Hugh in mind.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
We are waiting for non-gentile F to say:
---Um...YES!!!!!!!!!!
Alex--- Are YOU telling us that your writers may have FABRICATED the verses in your "holy" books?

HughBe--- Good question.
My question is, what other statistics on the HISTORY of the Jewish people have the rabbis FABRICATED?

Alex--We are waiting for non-gentile F to say:---Um...YES!!!!!!!!!!

HughBe --- Correct as well as to indicate the other FABRICATED statistics.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with those, who have judged you sooo well, Colonna. Did you even read and understand my post at all.
Even our in-house ignorant fool Buford, could not spot two things, which you wrote.
First the extremely hilarious part written by you:
"Let me take Mark's verses and substituite the Greek words with their English meanings.
Mark 15:43-45
"Joseph went to take Jesus and asked for his body. After getting a surprising shock that he had died SO FAST, Pilate gave him permission to take his corpse."
Mark 15:43-45???
I wrote that and now you have made it Mark 15:43. You made my day. How nice it would have been if you had not butted in the post that I ahd addressed to Buford, the clueless.
However, I must thank you for saying this: "In Greek soma means living body, while ptoma means corpse"
Check out if Buford agrees with you!!!
Regrettably, you have confirmed that you are still the arrogant and unteachable fool that you have ever been.

Go practice your Arabic recitations.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Many here disagree with you Non-Gentile..Bu(tteredButtTurd Lick)ford.
You have been caught with your pampers down..lol.
You are the lowest of the lowest of the lowest.....of...the.....lets keep going till infinity.
Have you ever had sex with a woman?
Eric

Lisle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no tripe.
It's tripe because you are in denial eric.
READ your books!!
Do they look like books written by unbiased people? NO!
So please stop deluding yourself.
God will NEVER suck up to just one group of people!
Just look at good old judah...where did he suddenly make his appearance...how come other 11 tribes were coincidentally wiped off....
how come the GOD of multi-universes...becomes..god of jacob...and then of judah??lol...
The open seceret is this:
Non-gentiles "know" that they are the only favoured people of god!
No REAL God will be like that.
Therefore, non-gentiles have made up their own tribal, racist, sexist, bigoted, antigentile slave god of non-gentiles!
Just READ the opening of genesis...your minigod curses woman!
You know why?
it was OBVIOUSLY cooked up by a sexist male chauvinistic pig and NOT GOD!!
It is time for reality check...chuck the lies out and embrace the TRUE GOD of ALL CREATION, WHO ALLOWS ACCESS TO ALL CREATION ON EQUAL TERMS BECAUSE THE TRUE GOD IS MERCIFUL.
THANK YOU...
The last time you and I had such a conversation, I said that the Jews believe that G-d will accept all who abide by 7 principles known today as the Nohide laws. You discounted that.

You then said the Muslims believe that G-d will accept all who show minimum piety. I asked what was that minimum piety (because to me it seemed similar to the idea of the Noahide laws). You never answered that question. Could it be that minimum piety means becoming a Muslim?
Eric

Lisle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe---First things first. Address the matter below. Thereafter I shall once again lighten your dark mind.
Eric--Hugh said that unless you voice positive support for an idea, you are not promoting it.
HughBe--- I am still waiting for your "CORRECTED" quote of my words.
Eric--I wasn't quoting you I was paraphrasing you.
HughBe--- Actually you were interpreting my words and NOT paraphrasing them. Also you should have phrased it differently. You should not have said "Hugh said..." when the truth is I said no such thing and it did not enter my mind.
Eric-- It's what you told us all on Monday.
HughBe--- WRONG. I said no such thing.
Eric--- These are the 3 examples I gave as to why the New Testament promoted slavery; and you told me that that wasn't so.
HughBe--- Let me tell you a story. Once there was a young man that was being arrested by the police. His father cried out to him and said, be respectful to the police and OBEY them. He then said to the police treat my son fairly and kindly.
Therefore, instead of speaking out against the evils of slavery, the New Testament told the slaves to capitulate. Instead of following Mosaic law, Paul told the escaped slave to go back to slavery. If you believe Alex, this is the promotion of slavery by silence--or worse because the early Christians aided and abetted the evil institution.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Therefore, instead of speaking out against the evils of slavery, the New Testament told the slaves to capitulate. Instead of following Mosaic law, Paul told the escaped slave to go back to slavery. If you believe Alex, this is the promotion of slavery by silence--or worse because the early Christians aided and abetted the evil institution.
I wouldn't say that the early Christians aided and abetted slavery, necessarily, but that they saw this life and its "enslaving" institutions as impermanent. They were pilgrims here, and going to a much better place, so that no matter what they had to endure in this frame of reference from "the world, the flesh, and the devil," to quote John, they could abide in the hope of a far better post-death eternity with God, one that could even make cruel martyrdom bearable.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
First-- Eric wrote--Hugh said that unless you voice positive support for an idea, you are not promoting it.

Second-- Eric wrote--If you believe Alex, this is the promotion of slavery by silence--or worse because the early Christians aided and abetted the evil institution.

Third-- HughBe writes-- So in speaking to Alex why not remind him of his words above? Why tell him about something that I did not say in the first place?

Outstanding matter
HughBe---Once there was a young man that was being arrested by the police. His father cried out to him and said, be respectful to the police and OBEY them. He then said to the police treat my son fairly and kindly.

Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
The last time you and I had such a conversation, I said that the Jews believe that G-d will accept all who abide by 7 principles known today as the Nohide laws. You discounted that.
You then said the Muslims believe that G-d will accept all who show minimum piety. I asked what was that minimum piety (because to me it seemed similar to the idea of the Noahide laws). You never answered that question. Could it be that minimum piety means becoming a Muslim?
I've asked Muslims if it is possible to be a Muslim while rejecting Mohammad as a false prophet.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Viewpoint: Pro-Life and Feminism Aren’t Mutually Exclusive
http://ideas.time.com/2013/01/03/viewpoint-pr...

Excerpt:

From its early beginnings, feminism was a young women’s movement. Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Alice Paul, Charlotte Lozier and so many others began their suffragist work in their 20s. These women — the original feminists — understood that the rights of women cannot be built on the broken backs of unborn children. Anthony called abortion “child murder.” Paul, author of the original 1923 Equal Rights Amendment, said that “abortion is the ultimate exploitation of women.”

So the pro-life movement hasn’t changed the meaning of feminism, as has been suggested. It was the neo-feminists of the 1960s and ’70s who asked women to prize abortion as the pathway to equality.
Not only does this young generation of pro-life women shun the notion that abortion somehow liberates women; it views abortion as the civil- and human-rights cause of our day. Abortion is an injustice that permeates our society. Forty years after Roe v. Wade, we realize that a third of our peers are not here to share our progress and our hopes. It is our loss as well as theirs.

In his letter from a Birmingham, Ala., jail, Martin Luther King Jr. wrote,“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.” It is in this same spirit of King and the original feminists that young pro-life women are rising up in increasing numbers to say abortion is a radical injustice that affects us all and must end. Achieving this will require more efforts to extend our understanding of the equal rights of the disabled unborn, prevent rape and make this crime against women a thing of the past, expand adoption and make the benefits of modern prenatal care and specialties like fetal surgery more available, so that even younger and sicker children can be spared an early death.

Our fight transcends elections and legislative battles because our fight is in our hearts. This is why, 40 years after Roe, our movement is still growing. We won’t give up; we can’t give up. Our fight is for life.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, did Rabbi Raphael, a TOP historian of Jewish HISTORY, and a man who "for the last generation .. has been the EDITOR of the quarterly journal, American Jewish HISTORY" FABRICATE the information or statistics in my quote?
Rabbi Raphael gave statistics, did he make them up?
Understand, these exchanges are saying OUR rabbis cannot be TRUSTED because they "CORRECT" or PERVERT truth and HISTORY.
Idiot I never said he fabricated anything. If I implied it, i didnt mean to.

WHAT I SAID (FOURTH TIME)

was that 16 years later another scholar looked into the issue and had a slightly different conclusion.]

This is how historical studies work.

Each work IMPROVES on the previous, and/or criticizes the previous.

If you have a problem with that, adress it to the second work 16 years later, NOT ME.

More importantly, read BOTH works. At this point you havent even read the first work. All you do it cut and paste, and ground your comments on reputation instead of CONTENT.

Moving on. i.e. please dont bother replying the same reply again.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-29

Chapter 61 : Parables

…There was a man who gave money to his neighbours that they might trade with it, and the profit should be divided in a just proportion. And some traded well, so that they doubled the money. But some used the money in the service of the enemy of him who gave them the money, speaking evil of him. Tell me now, when the neighbour shall call the debtors to account how shall the matter go? Assuredly he will reward those who traded well, but against the others his anger shall vent itself in reproaches. And then he will punish them according to the Law.

As God lives, in whose presence my soul stands, the neighbour is God, who has given to man all that he has, with life itself, so that,[man] living well in this world, God may have praise, and man the glory of paradise. For those who live well double their money by their example, because sinners, seeing their example, are converted to repentance; wherefore men who live well shall be rewarded with a great reward. But wicked sinners, who by their sins halve what God has given them, by their lives spent in the service of Satan the enemy of God, blaspheming God and giving offence to others tell me what shall be their punishment?" "It shall be without measure," said the disciples.

Note: Beautiful preaching indeed (MUQ)

Chapter 62

Then Jesus said: "He who would live well should take example from the merchant who locks up his shop, and selling guards it day and night with great diligence. And again the things which he buys he is fain to make a profit; for if he perceives that he will lose thereby he will not sell, no, not to his own brother. Thus then should you do; for in truth your soul is a merchant, and the body is the shop: wherefore what it receives from outside, through the senses, is bought and sold by it. And the money is love. See then that with your love you do not sell nor buy the small thought by which d work be all for you cannot profit. But let thought, speech, and love of God; for so shall you find safety in that day.

Truly I say to you, that many make ablutions and go to pray, many fast and give alms, many study and preach to others, whose end is abominable before God; because they cleanse the body and not the heart, they cry with the mouth not with the heart; they abstain from meats, and fill themselves with sins; they give to others things not good for them, in order that they may be held good; they study that they may know to speak, not to work; they preach to others against that which they do themselves, and thus are condemned by their own tongue. As God lives, these do not know God with their hearts; for if they knew him they would love him; and since whatsoever a man has he has received it from God,, even so should he spend all for the love of God."

Beautiful preaching indeed (MUQ)

(Abridged)
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot I never said he fabricated anything. If I implied it, i didnt mean to.
WHAT I SAID (FOURTH TIME)
was that 16 years later another scholar looked into the issue and had a slightly different conclusion.]
This is how historical studies work.
Each work IMPROVES on the previous, and/or criticizes the previous.
If you have a problem with that, adress it to the second work 16 years later, NOT ME.
More importantly, read BOTH works. At this point you havent even read the first work. All you do it cut and paste, and ground your comments on reputation instead of CONTENT.
Moving on. i.e. please dont bother replying the same reply again.
Post 158037

HughBe--- Are YOU telling me that Rabbi Raphael, a TOP historian of Jewish history, and a man who "for the last generation .. has been the EDITOR of the quarterly journal, American Jewish HISTORY" FABRICATED the information that he wrote?
Frijoles-----Um...YES

Frijoles ---Idiot I never said he fabricated anything

HughBe--- Not only are you a LIAR you are a total JACKASS. I take it that in your world where jackasses live YES means NO.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

MUQ,

Is it possible to be a Muslim while rejecting Mohammad as a false prophet?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

TURD,

This Bud's for you!
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

MUQturd.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Buford wrote:
MUQ,
Is it possible to be a Muslim while rejecting Mohammad as a false prophet?
What a silly, idiotic and an absurd question?

Is this how your mind works?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

bmz wrote:
What a silly, idiotic and an absurd question?
Is this how your mind works?
I see how your mind works, and it isn't pretty.

I asked an honest question, and expected an honest answer. You, being the braindead Muslim zealot that you are, gave it your best shot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••