Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 230311 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#157981 Jan 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
In summary there are no VIRGINS. Forgive each other and let US work towards creating a much better world for ALL of humanity.
Yes HughBe....It is time we create that world.
We all have EQUAL opportunity of access to God.
God is not a prejudiced, tribal, racist, sexist, bigoted, antigentile mini slave god of non-gentiles.
Peace.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#157982 Jan 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
As a group the rabbis have no truth in them and this is based on their disciples and their own words and works. The current case of Frijoles and his COUNTER source are examples.
You will be shocked to know my source which I have every intention of revealing. I wanted them/Judahites to come with their typical nastiness and that is why I have held it back.
Thank you.
When truth confronts falsehood, falsehood will always perish.
george whyte

Market Rasen, UK

#157983 Jan 8, 2013
Let us examine below some valid questions and answers :

Did the Pagan Arabs in pre-Islamic times worship 360 gods? Yes

Did the pagans Arabs worship the sun, moon and the stars? Yes

Did the Arabs built temples to the Moon-god? Yes

Did different Arab tribes give the Moon-god different names/titles? Yes

What were some of the names/titles? Sin, Hubul, Ilumquh, Al-ilah.

Was the title “al-ilah”(the god) used as the Moon-god? Yes

Was the word “Allah” derived from “al-ilah?” Yes

Was the pagan “Allah” a high god in a pantheon of deities? Yes.

Was he worshipped at the Kabah? Yes.

Was Allah only one of many Meccan gods? Yes

Did they place a statue of Hubul on top of the Kabah? Yes.

At that time was Hubul considered the Moon-god? Yes.

Was the Kabah thus the “house of the Moon-god”? Yes.

Did the name “Allah” eventually replace that of Hubul as the name of the Moon god? Yes.

Did they call the Kabah the “house of Allah”? Yes.

Were al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat called “the daughters of Allah”? Yes.

Yusuf Ali explains in fn. 5096, pg. 1445, that Lat, Uzza and Manat were known as “the daughters of God [Allah]”

Did the Qur’an at one point tell Muslims to worship al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat? Yes. In Surah 53:19-20.

Have those verses been “abrogated” out of the present Qur’an? Yes.

What were they called?“The Satanic Verses.”
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#157984 Jan 8, 2013
george whyte wrote:
Let us examine below some valid questions and answers :
Did the Pagan Arabs in pre-Islamic times worship 360 gods? Yes
Did the pagans Arabs worship the sun, moon and the stars? Yes
Did the Arabs built temples to the Moon-god? Yes
Did different Arab tribes give the Moon-god different names/titles? Yes
What were some of the names/titles? Sin, Hubul, Ilumquh, Al-ilah.
Was the title “al-ilah”(the god) used as the Moon-god? Yes
Was the word “Allah” derived from “al-ilah?” Yes
Was the pagan “Allah” a high god in a pantheon of deities? Yes.
Was he worshipped at the Kabah? Yes.
Was Allah only one of many Meccan gods? Yes
Did they place a statue of Hubul on top of the Kabah? Yes.
At that time was Hubul considered the Moon-god? Yes.
Was the Kabah thus the “house of the Moon-god”? Yes.
Did the name “Allah” eventually replace that of Hubul as the name of the Moon god? Yes.
Did they call the Kabah the “house of Allah”? Yes.
Were al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat called “the daughters of Allah”? Yes.
Yusuf Ali explains in fn. 5096, pg. 1445, that Lat, Uzza and Manat were known as “the daughters of God [Allah]”
Did the Qur’an at one point tell Muslims to worship al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat? Yes. In Surah 53:19-20.
Have those verses been “abrogated” out of the present Qur’an? Yes.
What were they called?“The Satanic Verses.”
The clueless cut/paste troll arrives!
Allah doesn't play slave to Arabs to the exclusion of the rest of the world!
Allah is not a tribal racist bigoted antigentile minigod of one tribe...lol
Be gone joker..
george whyte

Market Rasen, UK

#157985 Jan 8, 2013
Tabari IX:69 "Arabs are the most noble people in lineage, the most prominent, and the best in deeds. We were the first to respond to the call of the Prophet. We are Allah's helpers and the viziers of His Messenger. We fight people until they believe in Allah. He who believes in Allah and His Messenger has protected his life and possessions from us. As for one who disbelieves, we will fight him forever in Allah's Cause. Killing him is a small matter to us."
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#157986 Jan 8, 2013
george whyte wrote:
Tabari IX:69 "Arabs are the most noble people in lineage, the most prominent, and the best in deeds. We were the first to respond to the call of the Prophet. We are Allah's helpers and the viziers of His Messenger. We fight people until they believe in Allah. He who believes in Allah and His Messenger has protected his life and possessions from us. As for one who disbelieves, we will fight him forever in Allah's Cause. Killing him is a small matter to us."
There goes clueless troll again!!
Tabari is NOT God but hats off!

Simply look at the wisdom!!!!
Arabs have PROVED to the world that THEY are INDEED Noble.
They did NOT "edit"/"correct " God's revelation to turn Allah into a tribal racist bigoted antigentile slave god of Arabs to keep Allah for themselves!!!!!!!

Thanks to the NOBLE Arabs...they made sure that Allah gave the book to ALL mankind....so there!!!

Begone fool...
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#157987 Jan 8, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey mentally unstable one....
Do you believe that Jesus/yehoshooah) is Messiah?
Do you believe that Jesus/yehoshooah is God?
Do you believe that Jesus/yehoshooah is the only son of god?
rabbee: your instability, does not make me the one unstable. i do not believe, in the way this world brainwashes you to think.

and three questions, with an inclusive lie. shall never determine the truth about me, and the grandmother of this world just again. as you have only accepted, the lies of a regional idolatry.

and HaMosheeach, is the very same one. as the last time, G-D gave this same physical Story of Creation. and is almost finished, giving it again. if you want to know, Who is HaMosheeach. then look in TheTorah for your only true answers. not as this world, would have you, misbelieve. but as G-D, would have you believe.

same Story as last time, in this world refusing to believe in G-D. nothing has changed, with you all following, the subtle beasts of the fields.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#157988 Jan 8, 2013
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: your instability, does not make me the one unstable. i do not believe, in the way this world brainwashes you to think.
and three questions, with an inclusive lie. shall never determine the truth about me, and the grandmother of this world just again. as you have only accepted, the lies of a regional idolatry.
and HaMosheeach, is the very same one. as the last time, G-D gave this same physical Story of Creation. and is almost finished, giving it again. if you want to know, Who is HaMosheeach. then look in TheTorah for your only true answers. not as this world, would have you, misbelieve. but as G-D, would have you believe.
same Story as last time, in this world refusing to believe in G-D. nothing has changed, with you all following, the subtle beasts of the fields.
Please come back to planet earth and answer these thanks...
Do you believe that Jesus/yehoshooah) is Messiah?
Do you believe that Jesus/yehoshooah is God?
Do you believe that Jesus/yehoshooah is the only son of god?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#157991 Jan 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

Give me YOUR definition of PLAGIARISM.
The New Testament and the Quran.

(smiles)

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#157994 Jan 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Frijoles, you FALSELY claim that what I did was plagiarism notwithstanding that they were in quotation marks. I accept that you have not yet learnt the meaning of those marks. Notwithstanding please explain the implications of my words below.
HughBe---I knew from common sense that persons who were very much in trade etc. would also be a part of the African Slave trade. The proof took perhaps minutes to FIND.
Does the word FIND tell an IDIOT like you that I wrote it?
You are being dumb again. Second time for this post.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plagiarism

Academia

Plagiarism is defined in multiple ways in higher education institutions and universities. To name a few: Stanford sees plagiarism as “use, without giving reasonable and appropriate credit to or acknowledging the author or source, of another person's original work, whether such work is made up of code, formulas, ideas, language, research, strategies, writing or other form”; [36] Yale views plagiarism as “the use of another’s work, words, or ideas without attribution” which included “using a source’s language without quoting, using information from a source without attribution, and paraphrasing a source in a form that stays too close to the original”; [37] Princeton perceives plagiarism as the deliberate use of “someone else’s language, ideas, or other original (not common-knowledge) material without acknowledging its source”; [38] Oxford characterizes plagiarism as the use of “a writer's ideas or phraseology without giving due credit”; [39] and Brown explains plagiarism to be “appropriating another person's ideas or words (spoken or written) without attributing those word or ideas to their true source”.[40] As well-known institutions, they reflect a common academic definition of plagiarism. Lack of citation, giving credit, or attribution is considered to be plagiarism.
In academics, committing plagiarism comes down to failing to cite sources.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#157995 Jan 8, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Signor Tu Quoque
That is nonsense! Arabic does not have the absurdities of the Greek language.
One God means one God and even God is one, means only one God but that is not the case with the non-scriptural language Greek, in which God never gave any revelations.
Greek is a very poor and unfit language for Scripture. It is so bad that Christian scholars have been debating the confusing and confounding words for almost two thousand years and are still at it.
Even Latin is POOR and UNFIT for scriptures.
And this doesn't change the fact that the same problem Buford cited with Greek, you can find it with books translated to arabic.

As the list goes, you can add Latin, Greek and Arabic as POOR and UNFIT languages for scriptures.

By the way who told you greek is not a scriptural language? Who told you that no revelation was made in greek, when the Quran clearly said that god send messengers to all the nations?

Even in Greek one god means one god, what you fail to understand is the interpretation that a person does with scriptures, and we know well that in the Gospels there is no trace of any triune god.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157996 Jan 8, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Alex--This lying Bstd spends all day and all night insutling Islam and the Prophet using the most despicable and the most hateful unauthentic islamophobic links without batting an eyelid!!....
I'm not a bastard, you descendant of slaves.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157999 Jan 8, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
And this doesn't change the fact that the same problem Buford cited with Greek, you can find it with books translated to arabic.
As the list goes, you can add Latin, Greek and Arabic as POOR and UNFIT languages for scriptures.
By the way who told you greek is not a scriptural language? Who told you that no revelation was made in greek, when the Quran clearly said that god send messengers to all the nations?
Even in Greek one god means one god, what you fail to understand is the interpretation that a person does with scriptures, and we know well that in the Gospels there is no trace of any triune god.
I took issue with Braindead before about Greek "not being a scriptural language," as he insists it isn't, because God made no revelations to the Greeks, he argues! This is part and parcel of his unteachableness and arrogance, and the reason why I often respond to him with the dismissive, "Thus saith the LORD!"

The Braindead Muslim Zealot and LORD of Singapore simply won't be taught!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#158000 Jan 8, 2013
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-28A

Chapter 60 : What is Paradise?

Hell is one, and is contrary to paradise, as winter is contrary to summer, and cold to heat. Therefore, he who would describe the misery of hell must have seen the paradise of God's delights. O place accursed by God's justice for the malediction of the faithless and reprobate, of which Job, the friend of God, said: There is no order there, but everlasting fear! And Isaiah the prophet, against the reprobate, says: Their flame shall not be quenched nor their worm die.

And David our father, weeping said: Then lightning and bolts and brimstone and great tempest shall rain upon them." O miserable sinners, how loathsome delicate meats, costly raiment, soft couches, and [the] concord of sweet song shall seem to them! How sick shall raging hunger, burning flames, scorching cinders, and cruel torments with bitter weeping make them!"

And then Jesus uttered a lamentable groan, saying: "Truly, it is better never to have been formed than to suffer such cruel torments, for imagine a man suffering torments in every part of his body, who has no one to show him compassion, but is mocked by everyone;
tell me, would not this be great pain?" The disciples answered: "The greatest."
Then Jesus said: "This is a delight [in comparison] to hell. For I tell you in truth, that if God should place in one balance all the pain which all men have suffered in this world and shall suffer till the Day of Judgment, and in the other [balance] one single hour of the pain of hell, the reprobates would without doubt choose the worldly tribulations, for the worldly [tribulations] come from the hand of man, but the others from the hand of devils, who are utterly without compassion.

O what cruel fire they shall give to miserable sinners! O what bitter cold, which yet shall not temper their flames! What gnashing of teeth and sobbing and weeping! For the Jordan has less water than the tears which shall flow from their eyes every moment. Their tongues shall curse all created things, with their. father and mother, and their Creator, who is blessed for ever."
Note: These real teachings of Jesus are missing in Gospels (MUQ)

(Abridged)
The Koran is Holy

Bronx, NY

#158003 Jan 8, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Please come back to planet earth and answer these thanks...
Do you believe that Jesus/yehoshooah) is Messiah?
Do you believe that Jesus/yehoshooah is God?
Do you believe that Jesus/yehoshooah is the only son of god?
http://www.rewardsforjustice.net/
Cole

Papar, Malaysia

#158007 Jan 8, 2013
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>Islam limit the capabilities of Allah by denying his ability to have a Son.
It is disbelievers who say that Allah has bred or begotten a Son, or that God the Father has a Son who is also a God, and has a third being, the Holy Ghost who is also a part of God. Christians have a weird way of understanding God in that they believe God is is one, but at the same time ONE in THREE or THREE in ONE. I will give you a simple analogy: a THREE-IN-ONE Nescafe that is widely sold in the market nowadays. Scientifically, you can isolate the sugar, dairy creamer and coffee components mixed together in it. You cant say sugar is equal to dairy creamer, dairy creamer equal to coffee, and coffee equals sugar. It is absolutely wrong! Allah is one and ONLY. Allah has begotten no son, as this Christian understanding is tantamount to making Allah a homo sapien which procreate. And Allah is unlike anything in His vast universe of creations.... I have also read of a weak analogy being put forward in defense of Trinitarian God, namely, that God is like water... it exist in liquid form, frozen ice or as water vapor!!! The Quran says that Allah is unlike anything you can think of, because that would make Allah exist as his own creation-- water, ice, water vapor. Very weird. Do you get it?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#158012 Jan 8, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>I took issue with Braindead before about Greek "not being a scriptural language," as he insists it isn't, because God made no revelations to the Greeks, he argues! This is part and parcel of his unteachableness and arrogance, and the reason why I often respond to him with the dismissive, "Thus saith the LORD!"
The Braindead Muslim Zealot and LORD of Singapore simply won't be taught!
It is the other way round. I have noticed and I am sure the silent majority of the international readers also must have noticed that when you are unable to answer and offer an explanation, you always write:

"Thus saith the LORD!"

And I must say that it is a defeatist attitude.

I will give you another example of how silly, absurd and unfit is the Greek language for scriptures.
Please read Mark 15:43-45 on the Biblos Interlinear Bible.

Joseph went to take Jesus and asked for his Soma. After getting a surprising shock that he had died SO FAST, Pilate gave him permission to take his Ptoma.

One can see how crude that language is. Can I have Soma? Yes, you can have Ptoma.

Of course, the Church's Greek is weird too. To her Soma and Ptoma are the same.

It would have sounded not so crude and absurd, if he had asked for Soma and Pilate had let him carry away his Soma.

It would also not have sounded so crude and absurd, if he had asked for Ptoma and Pilate had let him carry his Ptoma.

What say ye now, Buford?

Will it be the usual "Thus saith the LORD!"?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#158014 Jan 8, 2013
Cole wrote:
<quoted text>
It is disbelievers who say that Allah has bred or begotten a Son, or that God the Father has a Son who is also a God, and has a third being, the Holy Ghost who is also a part of God. Christians have a weird way of understanding God in that they believe God is is one, but at the same time ONE in THREE or THREE in ONE.

I will give you a simple analogy: a THREE-IN-ONE Nescafe that is widely sold in the market nowadays.

Scientifically, you can isolate the sugar, dairy creamer and coffee components mixed together in it.

You cant say sugar is equal to dairy creamer, dairy creamer equal to coffee, and coffee equals sugar. It is absolutely wrong!

Allah is one and ONLY. Allah has begotten no son, as this Christian understanding is tantamount to making Allah a homo sapien which procreate.

And Allah is unlike anything in His vast universe of creations....

I have also read of a weak analogy being put forward in defense of Trinitarian God, namely, that God is like water... it exist in liquid form, frozen ice or as water vapor!!! The Quran says that Allah is unlike anything you can think of, because that would make Allah exist as his own creation-- water, ice, water vapor. Very weird. Do you get it?
Well said and well explained. Thank you.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#158015 Jan 8, 2013
@ Buford and Colonna

The link to Biblos Interlinear Bible for Soma and Ptoma.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#158020 Jan 8, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Please come back to planet earth and answer these thanks...
Do you believe that Jesus/yehoshooah) is Messiah?
Do you believe that Jesus/yehoshooah is God?
Do you believe that Jesus/yehoshooah is the only son of god?
rabbee: sorry but i cannot accept your, lying false evalutation of me. since me and the woman G-D appoints, are the HaMosheeach according to TheTorah.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... 5 hr Shizle 51
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 21 hr Reason Personified 14,712
Doris w/ Spells4free Aug 25 Redd 1
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Aug 19 Dude 12
News Nigeria: Religion, morality and politics Aug 12 jinxi 1
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jul '15 skylar 108
Shadows and sounds Jul '15 Dizy 1
More from around the web