Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 214,751

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Read more

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#157732 Jan 6, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>One of Braindead's more astonishingly stupid arguments is that Jesus would have been as ruthless as Mohammad if only his disciples had been more supportive.
Sound like if he has never read or understood the Gospels.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157733 Jan 6, 2013
MUQ wrote:
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-27
Chapter 55 Day of Judgment
The Messenger of God shall go to collect all the prophets, to whom he shall speak praying them to go with him to pray God for the faithful. And every one shall excuse himself for fear; nor, as God lives, would I go there, knowing what I know. Then God, seeing this, shall remind his Messenger how he created all things for love of him, and so his fear shall leave him, and he shall go near to the throne with love and reverence, while the angels sing: "Blessed be your holy name O God, our God." …
Then every one of them shall answer: "There are with us three witnesses better than we are, O Lord." And God shall reply: "Who are these three witnesses?" Then Moses shall say: "The book that you gave to me is the first"; and David shall say: "The book that you gave to me is the second"; and he who speaks to you shall say: "Lord the whole world, deceived by Satan, that I was your son and your fellow, but the book that you gave me said truly that I am your servant; and that book confesses that which your Messenger affirms." Then shall the Messenger of God speak, and shall say: "Thus says the book that you gave me O Lord." ….
And when the Messenger of God has said this, God shall speak, saying:,All that I have now done, I have done in order that every one should know how much I love you." And when he has thus spoken, God shall give to his Messenger a book, in which are written all the names of the elect of God. Wherefore every creature shall do reverence to God, saying: "To you alone O God, be glory and honour, because you have given us to your Messenger.
Note: Much detail has been abridged ((MUQ)
Chapter 56 Day of Judgment
God shall open the book in the hand of his Messenger, and his Messenger reading therein shall call all the angels and prophets and all the elect, and on the forehead of each one shall be written the mark of the Messenger of God. And in the book shall be written the glory of paradise.
Then shall each pass to the right hand of God; next to whom shall sit the Messenger of God. and the prophets shall sit near him, and the saints shall sit near the prophets, and the blessed near the saints, and the angel shall then sound the trumpet, and shall call Satan to judgment.
Chapter 57 Day of Judgment
Then that miserable one shall come, and with greatest contumely shall be accused of every creature. Wherefore God shall call the angel Michael, who shall strike him one hundred thousand times with the sword of God. He shall strike Satan, and every stroke is heavy as ten hells, and he shall be the first to be cast into the abyss. The angel shall call his followers, and they shall in like manner be abused and accused. Wherefore the angel Michael, by commission from God, shall strike some a hundred times, some fifty, some twenty, some ten, some five. And then shall they descend into the abyss, because God shall say to them: "Hell is your dwelling-place, O cursed ones." …
…And he having said these words, all the angels and prophets, with all the elect of God no, why say I the elect? truly I say to you, that spiders and flies, stones and sand shall cry out against the impious, and shall demand justice. Then shall God cause to return to earth every living soul inferior to man, and. he shall send the impious to hell. Who, in going, shall see again that earth, to which dogs and horses and other vile animals shall be reduced. Wherefore shall they say: "O Lord God, cause us also to return to that earth." But that which they ask shall not be granted to them."
Note: We find these real teachings of Jesus missing in the Canonical Gospels (MUQ)
(Abridged)
We find these real teachings of Jesus missing in the Canonical Gospels (MUQ)

How do you know FOR A FACT that they are the real teachings of Jesus? Prove it, or admit that you are yet another Muslim LIAR practicing Taqiyya "for Allah and His Messenger."

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#157734 Jan 6, 2013
Moreover it does not matter if the Nazarene was not supported by his disciples because he was supported by Allah, who is more powerful of any disciple, but still he has not been ruthless.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157735 Jan 6, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>You may be right about the "ONLY Jews" thing, and their synagogue attendance. What is clear to me is that Braindead Muslim Zealot (bmz) MUST attack "biblical Jesus" as a way of deflecting critical attention away from the amply-documented-by-MUSLIMS murderous and thieving and enslaving ways of his preferred "prophet" Mohammad.
1. In the future I shall support my comment about ONLY Jews.

2. Christians have done evil to others and to their fellow Christians.

3. Others who appear or make out themselves to be virgins have also done great evil. One example is their involvement in the African slave trade and the rape, oppression etc. of Africans and their descendants.

Let us FORGIVE and move on.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#157736 Jan 6, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!
I don't like using that word about Jews others, but I will try now that you have given me a great idea.
They had been heavily k_icked and k-icked over centuries by the European Christians and the
k-icking only stopped around 20 years after WWII.
I have to admit that I had to stop and think about what exactly it was that Topix was censuring. Its not intuitive.

Location hidden

#157737 Jan 6, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles is not OUR boy, and you are not God.
Its funny and sad that this has to be stated.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157738 Jan 6, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
Moreover it does not matter if the Nazarene was not supported by his disciples because he was supported by Allah, who is more powerful of any disciple, but still he has not been ruthless.
According to the Gospel record, Jesus wept over Jerusalem (Luke 19:41) and from the cross asked his Father to forgive his murderers (Luke 23:34), but the record of Mohammad's life shows that he did not weep for his enemies and was pleased to have them murdered. The contrast could not be more stark. The wonder is that Muslims prefer the murderer to the forgiver...

Location hidden

#157739 Jan 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I said ,using scriptures ONLY tell me if God made any covenants with a people called Israel/Jews and you have now responded with your post above.
Now my dear Eric, don't let that dim-witted ass who judged your post as funny among other things lead you down the wrong path. There is nothing funny about your post.
I take it that in your mind scriptures are ONLY written as in your post above and as such I now say to you that you should take the English version and wipe you know where with it.
Curious response considering Eric answered your question directly.

And dont you at least respect the scriptures enough (as you spend 100% of your energy here promoting them) eas to not make a bathroom joke about them?

That seems very weird to me, to be blunt.
Eric

Addison, IL

#157742 Jan 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
And dont you at least respect the scriptures enough (as you spend 100% of your energy here promoting them) eas to not make a bathroom joke about them?
His response proves that he really didn't want an answer. He sought only to ridicule.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157743 Jan 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. In the future I shall support my comment about ONLY Jews.
2. Christians have done evil to others and to their fellow Christians.
3. Others who appear or make out themselves to be virgins have also done great evil. One example is their involvement in the African slave trade and the rape, oppression etc. of Africans and their descendants.
Let us FORGIVE and move on.
Forgiveness, first and foremost, entails an accurate accounting.

Christians were involved in the African slave trade based on what they knew from Paul and his advice to Philemon, but the very idea of one human owning another eventually became repugnant. Muslims have also been involved in the African slave trade, based on what they knew from Mohammad's own enslavements of captives from his myriad attacks on "disbelievers," but the idea of Muslims owning "disbelievers" never became repugnant to Muslims; it became unfeasible in the face of western Christian opposition.

Look it up.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157744 Jan 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I RESPECT the scriptures in whatever language they are written e.g. Hebrew, Greek, Latin, Spanish, French, English etc.

Now, Eric by his post seems to be implying that the scriptures are not in any other language except the one in his post and that is why I made my comment to him. It was really a MOCK as he knows very well that the English and other translations are still scriptures and he would not do as suggested because he knows better.

Your post tells me that the subtleties of my post went over your head , as usual.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157746 Jan 6, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Help:I take it that in your mind scriptures are ONLY written as in your post above and as such I now say to you that you should take the English version and wipe you know where with it.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157747 Jan 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
His response proves that he really didn't want an answer. He sought only to ridicule.
What a disingenuous and stupid comment.
Eric

Addison, IL

#157749 Jan 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
I RESPECT the scriptures in whatever language they are written e.g. Hebrew, Greek, Latin, Spanish, French, English etc.
Now, Eric by his post seems to be implying that the scriptures are not in any other language except the one in his post and that is why I made my comment to him. It was really a MOCK as he knows very well that the English and other translations are still scriptures and he would not do as suggested because he knows better.
Your post tells me that the subtleties of my post went over your head , as usual.
The only true way to understand scripture is to read it in its original form and interpret it for oneself. Frijoles and I have been trying to enlighten you as to that fact.

You asked a question. Your question was answered. You asked that it be only by scripture. You were answered only by scripture.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157750 Jan 6, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Forgiveness, first and foremost, entails an accurate accounting.
Christians were involved in the African slave trade based on what they knew from Paul and his advice to Philemon, but the very idea of one human owning another eventually became repugnant. Muslims have also been involved in the African slave trade, based on what they knew from Mohammad's own enslavements of captives from his myriad attacks on "disbelievers," but the idea of Muslims owning "disbelievers" never became repugnant to Muslims; it became unfeasible in the face of western Christian opposition.
Look it up.
1.Christians were NOT the only ones who were involved in the African slave trade.

2. Share the words of Paul that you speak of.

3. Do you find anything about slavery in the Tanach?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157752 Jan 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
The only true way to understand scripture is to read it in its original form and interpret it for oneself. Frijoles and I have been trying to enlighten you as to that fact.
You asked a question. Your question was answered. You asked that it be only by scripture. You were answered only by scripture.
And you quoted the scriptures in a language that I do not understand and call that an answer.

You are a joke.

Moreover Hebrew now is not what it was 4000 years ago and that undercuts your argument.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157753 Jan 6, 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/islam...

Excerpt:

The legality of slavery in Islam, together with the example of the Prophet Muhammad, who himself bought, sold, captured, and owned slaves, may explain why slavery persisted until the 19th century in many places (and later still in some countries). The impetus for the abolition of slavery came largely from colonial powers, although some Muslim thinkers argued strongly for abolition.
I can't help wondering if those Muslim thinkers who argued strongly THEN for abolition of slavery would TODAY be condemned as heretics and apostates and be subject to all manner of abuse and even death fatwas?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157755 Jan 6, 2013
HughBe wrote:
2. Share the words of Paul that you speak of.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
HughBe wrote:
3. Do you find anything about slavery in the Tanach?
I'm not a Tanach scholar. Ask Frijoles or Eric.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157757 Jan 6, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---His response proves that he really didn't want an answer. He sought only to ridicule.

Eric---The only true way to understand scripture is to read it in its original form and interpret it for oneself

HughBe--- How in the name of Jesus can YOU honestly make your first comment above when YOU know that I do not know Hebrew or any other language except English?
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157758 Jan 6, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
<quoted text>
I'm not a Tanach scholar. Ask Frijoles or Eric.
Not a problem.
Exodus 21: 20-21" And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished.
21 Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his MONEY."

I shall now read and respond to the other point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 6 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,489
Great News for Pagans (Feb '07) Mar 20 Gary Coaldigger 278
News In far-flung US territories, gay marriage hasn'... Mar 15 Belle Sexton 2
News Ex-Lawmaker Sued for Religious Discrimination (Jan '11) Feb '15 Hammer 4
News 'Monotheism inevitable but wasn't a break with ... Feb '15 Joe W 9
News A new guard for Asgard: Iceland building first ... Feb '15 freethinkradio do... 1
News Pastors agree: Being gay not a sin, Bible says ... (Jun '08) Jan '15 true fact 81
More from around the web