Who Is Allah?

There are 20 comments on the Aug 24, 2007, The Brussels Journal story titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#157531 Jan 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened is this:
Brother Jesus threatened people with hell and eternal damnation and fire, etc.
However, as usual he forgot to go into details as he wasn't given much information.
WHY? WHY NOT? WHY DIDN'T ALLAH MAKE HIM?
Why didn't Allah send him back after saving him?....you stupid bluddy fool.

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#157532 Jan 5, 2013
jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you sick, sick thing.
Who cooked it up, Why, When, How?
You must convert to islam, Islam is the absolute truth

Bible is full of contradictions and illogical things which tell us " its corrupted book and cant be trusted anymore"

Holy Quraan is the same since it was revealed.....Welcome to islam

Jesus is a prophet of ALLAH

Jesus was a muslim like me,we are the true followers of prophets

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#157533 Jan 5, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---You and Hughbe have something else in common.You both have this private vocab that you assume everyone elese is in tune with.
HughBe--- You and your god-men of Judaism have something else in common.You both have this private TWISTED vocab that you assume everyone else including God Almighty is in tune with.
Using scriptures ONLY define who is a Jew.
Using scriptures ONLY tell me if God made any covenants with a people called Israel/Jews.
Using scriptures ONLY tell me when did the seed of Israel become Israelites.
Here is help:"And Pharaoh sent, and, behold, there was not one of the cattle of the ISRAELITES dead. And the heart of Pharaoh was hardened, and he did not let the people go." Exodus 9:7
Using basic common sense ONLY tell me who are Israelites.
Finally, quote the scripture that supports the idea that Jacob's name was changed to ISRAEL because of a COVENANT. In other words, demonstrate that the name Israel came about because of a COVENANT.
Nope

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#157534 Jan 5, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text> You must convert to islam, Islam is the absolute truth
Bible is full of contradictions and illogical things which tell us " its corrupted book and cant be trusted anymore"
Holy Quraan is the same since it was revealed.....Welcome to islam
Jesus is a prophet of ALLAH
Jesus was a muslim like me,we are the true followers of prophets
Hows that revolution going?

Are you free yet?

Since: Dec 12

UK

#157535 Jan 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You just proved my conviction that Christianity, her scripture, her Church were brought up by lying polemicists, who raised and brought up polemic Christians on the basis of a lying culture. You are a perfect example of that lying culture.
You misquoted verse 33:26 truly like a lying Christian Father. LMAO!
The actual translation is: "and He brought down from their strongholds those of the followers of earlier revelation who had aided the aggressors, and cast terror into their hearts: some you slew, and some you made captive; "
And this verse demolishes Bukhari!
Note the verse says: SOME YOU SLEW AND SOME YOU MADE CAPTIVE.
So, there weren't many!
I like to be corrected if I am wrong but when we say 'some he slew and some he made captive' it does not mean they were few in numbers. The word 'some' in this case clearly means that a proportion of the vanquished were killed, in this case the males, and another proportion of the vanquished, women and children, were taken as captives. It does not refer to any specific numbers.
jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#157536 Jan 5, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text> You must convert to islam, Islam is the absolute truth
NO, NO, NO.
That is what you have been brainwahed into thinking.

All the Bible Contadictions have been answered and no longer exist. If you believe the Bible has been edited, why did they leave all the contradictions in? Give me a contradiction and I'll look for the answer.

I can show you a Quran that was translated in 1880 with the words 'It is He who made the earth FLAT for you...'. All later translations have the word 'SUBSERVIENT' where 'FLAT' should be, so don't tell me that Quran hasn't changed.

PROVE TO ME THAT BIBLE HAS BEEN CORRUPTED! Prove to me that someone had enough money to gather every biblical manuscript in the world, change it, then give it back unnoticed.
jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#157537 Jan 5, 2013
Who changed the Bible knowing that there were older Bibles in existence to prove it forged?

WHO WOULD BE THAT FKN STUPID????????

Any differences are honest errors of a translator.
jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#157538 Jan 5, 2013
When did they change it?
Was it before Muhammed reead it or after?

We have thousands of manuscripts older than MY-HAM-HEAD THAT AGREE WITH OUT BIBLES TODAY.
jesus is

Blacktown, Australia

#157539 Jan 5, 2013
If the Bible was corrupted by the Jews after Jesus, why did the Christians not protest this change in scripture? And if it was the Christians corrupting the Bible, why did the Jews not protest? And if the Jews and Christians got together to change the Bible, why is there no record of this event?

The fact is, even the Qur’an makes no mention of changes in the Bible. All the Qur’an says is that the Jews and Christians didn’t obey what was written in their own scripture. It would be unreasonable for the Qur’an to say the Jews and Christians were not following their “corrupt” scriptures.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157540 Jan 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You just proved my conviction that Christianity, her scripture, her Church were brought up by lying polemicists, who raised and brought up polemic Christians on the basis of a lying culture. You are a perfect example of that lying culture.
The actual translation is: "and He brought down from their strongholds those of the followers of earlier revelation who had aided the aggressors, and cast terror into their hearts: some you slew, and some you made captive; "
So, there weren't many!
Idiot,
What is the difference between "some" and "many?" No matter the number, the fact, "that no one can deny," is that your prophet was a MURDERER of captives.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157541 Jan 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So, there weren't many!
http://quran.com/33/26

Sahih International
And He brought down those who supported them among the People of the Scripture from their fortresses and cast terror into their hearts [so that] a party you killed, and you took captive a party.

http://www.muslimaccess.com/quraan/arabic/033...

And those of the People of the Book who aided them - Allah did take them down from their strongholds and cast terror into their hearts.(So that) some ye slew, and some ye made prisoners.

http://www.masjidtucson.org/quran/noframes/ch...

He also brought down their allies among the people of the scripture from their secure positions, and threw terror into their hearts. Some of them you killed, and some you took captive.

http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/q...

YUSUFALI: And those of the People of the Book who aided them - Allah did take them down from their strongholds and cast terror into their hearts.(So that) some ye slew, and some ye made prisoners.
PICKTHAL: And He brought those of the People of the Scripture who supported them down from their strongholds, and cast panic into their hearts. Some ye slew, and ye made captive some.
SHAKIR: And He drove down those of the followers of the Book who backed them from their fortresses and He cast awe into their hearts; some you killed and you took captive another part.

Hurricane, WV

#157542 Jan 5, 2013
Is Braindead Muslim Zealot's argument that Mohammad was a TRUE prophet because he only murdered SOME captive Jews instead of MANY?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#157543 Jan 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
I judged you for that silly and idiotic post, Buford.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to judge in one go.
Imam Some vs. Many,

YOU would judge me as "silly and idiotic" for throwing your own sacred bullshit back in your snarling and uncomprehending face.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#157547 Jan 5, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot,
What is the difference between "some" and "many?" No matter the number, the fact, "that no one can deny," is that your prophet was a MURDERER of captives.
Another sillY and extremely absurd response to my post. Here it is once again:

"You just proved my conviction that Christianity, her scripture, her Church were brought up by lying polemicists, who raised and brought up polemic Christians on the basis of a lying culture. You are a perfect example of that lying culture.

So, there weren't many! "

And now you ask me if there is no difference between SOME and MANY? ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS.

Stop lying, please!
bmz

Singapore

#157548 Jan 5, 2013
jesus is wrote:
If the Bible was corrupted by the Jews after Jesus, why did the Christians not protest this change in scripture? And if it was the Christians corrupting the Bible, why did the Jews not protest? And if the Jews and Christians got together to change the Bible, why is there no record of this event?

The fact is, even the Qur’an makes no mention of changes in the Bible. All the Qur’an says is that the Jews and Christians didn’t obey what was written in their own scripture. It would be unreasonable for the Qur’an to say the Jews and Christians were not following their “corrupt” scriptures.
Since brother Jesus left no scripture, the Christians had nothing. They did not even have an exact copy of the Jewish Holy Scriptures with them. They knew nothing, so they could not protest at anything. They were clueless.

What they had was a very poor translation of the Torah, known as the Septuagint written in the non-scriptural market language Greek, which the Jews did not even read or recite. Even the Jews do NOT read or recite from the Christians' Old Testament. Most of them do NOT even touch it.

That translation was not an authorized and an approved translation. It was done for the private collection of Ptolemy.

The Jewish Holy Scriptures were edited, corrupted and forged by the early Church fathers, who were at them for a few centuries and came up with a "Reverse Engineered" book, known as the Old Testament. There was no such thing as the Old Testament and this book was plagiarized and copied wholesale by the Church, which needed to have a scripture of some sort, badly.

The Church fathers dug into the Greek translation and tried their level best to show Jesus in the Jewish Holy Scriptures and even a dry twig, was considered as pointing to Jesus. Corruption was rampant in the first ten centuries. It only stopped after the arrival of printing press.

The Jews did not protest because they knew the Old Testament was a forgery, full of perversions and they did not care, because they had the right ones with them. Also, the Christians had no access to their Holy Scriptures.

People did write books and presented them as if they were from God.
bmz

Singapore

#157549 Jan 5, 2013
jesus is wrote:
When did they change it?
Was it before Muhammed reead it or after?
We have thousands of manuscripts older than MY-HAM-HEAD THAT AGREE WITH OUT BIBLES TODAY.
They did it before the arrival of Muhammad. However, the corruption was at the peak during the first five centuries. The next five centuries saw a lot more.

You have thousands of manuscripts but not even two are alike. Let me present this from Wycliffe, who did the first translation of the Bible in English during the 14th Century:

John 1:

" 1 In the bigynnyng was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word.

2 This was in the bigynnyng at God.

3 Alle thingis weren maad bi hym, and withouten hym was maad no thing, that thing that was maad."

And now look at this fraud and forgery, which must have come after the 15th Century:

"John 1 Wycliffe Bible (WYC)

1 In the beginning was the word, and the word was at God, and God was the word.

[In the beginning was the word, that is, God's Son, and the word was at God, and God was the word.]

2 This was in the beginning at God.
3 All things were made by him, and without him was made nothing [nought], that thing that was made. "

See the fraud?

Wycliffe must have turned in his grave!!!

And now a great lie and distortion has a new translation: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. "

bmz

Singapore

#157550 Jan 5, 2013
El Morales wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to be corrected if I am wrong but when we say 'some he slew and some he made captive' it does not mean they were few in numbers. The word 'some' in this case clearly means that a proportion of the vanquished were killed, in this case the males, and another proportion of the vanquished, women and children, were taken as captives. It does not refer to any specific numbers.
Neither does it reflect a very large number. Some will always remain some. Some cannot be many.

You are right on one point. It could mean a party of men also.

Of course, it does not mean a few. However, it also does not mean 600-900.

The point is that those, who received the death sentence, had plotted to kill the Prophet and destroy the infant Islam, with the help of the pagans, whom they had approached and sided with.
bmz

Singapore

#157551 Jan 5, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Imam Some vs. Many,
YOU would judge me as "silly and idiotic" for throwing your own sacred bullshit back in your snarling and uncomprehending face.
In your post #157517, you deliberately misquoted:

"Qur'an:33:26 "Allah made the Jews leave their homes by terrorizing them so that you killed some and made many captive. And He made you inherit their lands, their homes, and their wealth. He gave you a country you had not traversed before." "

I judged you right when I rubbed dung in your face as advised in Malachi. And whenever I judge you, I always let you know.
bmz

Singapore

#157552 Jan 5, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot,
Why don't you consider that a summary trial of treacherous men, who had planned to wipe out the Prophet and the Muslims? It would be easy on you, if you did that.

Think of the summary trial of Banu Afghanistan. Was fast and justified, because 3,000 plus Banu America had died due to an action by a rogue. Right?
bmz

Singapore

#157553 Jan 5, 2013
Changing topic.

Let us discuss Banu Israel and their killing in Europe.

Question to Buford:

Why were millions of Jews murdered, beheaded, slaughtered, burned alive and boiled in oil by Banu Jesus, I mean the European Christians over centuries?

What was their fault? Had they sided with a particular Banu Europe? What wrong had they done?

Was it because they believed in one God, while the Banu Europe or Banu Church believed in three?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 13 min EdmondWA 14,607
Coincidence or some kind of sign? Fri ChristySoy 1
No, Easter does NOT have pagan origins Apr 3 Skeptical 1
News Iowa woman to make history with nation's first ... Apr 1 cindy mccurry 1
Great News for Pagans (Feb '07) Mar '15 Gary Coaldigger 278
News In far-flung US territories, gay marriage hasn'... Mar '15 Belle Sexton 2
News Ex-Lawmaker Sued for Religious Discrimination (Jan '11) Feb '15 Hammer 4
More from around the web