Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256291 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#157407 Jan 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
Frijoles wrote: like Nathanels idea - its particularism - the idea would be that Islam is for the Arabs only, and leave the rest of us the F alone.
It also allows for other religions - with the same caveat.
HughBe--- Is such a position in harmony with the Tanach?
If yes, support.
This resident non-gentile is a two-faced person....
Unlike his tribal, racist, bigoted, sexist, anti-gentile religion with a slave god created by evil non-gentile writers, Islam invites ALL humans.
It is very unfair for that non-gentile apologist to come up with such lies.
His books are concerned ONLY with the non-gentile superiority over "gentiles who should be UTTERLY destroyed".
Quran invites ALL Children of Adam.

The Holy Prophet Muhammed pbuh, clarified this in his last sermon....

"...All mankind is from Adam and Eve. An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab, nor does a non-Arab have any superiority over an Arab; white has no superiority over black, nor does a black have any superiority over white; [none have superiority over another] except by piety and good action. "

Let our resident non-gentile apologist produce such a statement from his "prophets" or even his "true" master Judah!!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157408 Jan 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I get the feeling you believe in a historically rooted frozen version of Judaism. From the middle ages.
However, out of curiosity, do you currently practice any form of Judaism?
Or do you just enjoy taking historical potshots against it?
"In the case of Jewish moserim, minim and apikorsim, it is a mitzvah to kill them with our own hands for they distress Israel and prevent the people from going in the way of the Lord [such as Yeshua ha-Notzri and his followers and Tzadok and Baytus and their followers (Sadducees and Boethusians)-may the name of the wicked rot]" (MT, Hilchot Avodah Kochavim 10:1)[...]

HughBe--- Based on their own words above what should be done to the god-men of Judaism who lead the Jewish people AWAY from God?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#157409 Jan 4, 2013
jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO CARES WHAT YOU THINK???????
Why did some 'misogynist' add it??????? So he could ignore the truth and hurt his own chances of an after-life?
WHERE'S YOUR FN PROOF?????
Do you have your own version of the Gospels full of "f"'s and "Schiitts"?
Well there are thousands of "versions" of Gospels...so you can make up your own..lol
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157410 Jan 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Misleading is a matter of opinion.
Its been my experience among modern Judaism that there is a breadth of diversity on this and other subjects.
For what its worth, very little in the Talmud stands without a counter opinion.
Uhuh---"It has been taught: Many prophets arose FOR Israel, double the number of the Israelites who came out of Egypt" (Megillah 14a)

Frijoles---very little in the Talmud stands without a counter opinion.

HughBe--- PLEASE give the counter opinion, in the Talmud. Thanks.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#157411 Jan 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
The wisdom of ensuring that the message was passed on "firsthand" for a longer period of time through a younger person like Mother Aisha, after the departure of the Holy Prophet is something that person will never understand.
Allah is Most Merciful, Wise and The Guide.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#157412 Jan 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- Based on their own words above what should be done to the god-men of Judaism who lead the Jewish people AWAY from God?
Dear HughBe, hope you realise you speak like a TRUE Believer.
This is what Holy Prophet Muhammed and Jesus said.
The god-men were making innovation..invention interpolation and insertion to make unlawful what God made lawful and to make lawful what God made unlawful.
This is the work of evil men.
They are doing it right now and many Gentiles haven't a clue!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157413 Jan 4, 2013
Tony Blair wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello HughBe, Happy New Year to you and family.
Good points....
In other words our resident non-gentile apologist says "We reject Jesus and we don't want anything to do with him"!!
Buford is happy to accept the "expert" opinion of our resident non-gentile apologist when it comes to Prophet Muhammed but Buford is ignoring our resident non-gentile apologist's take on Jesus and his mother!
That makes buford an ignorant fool.
HughBe---Greetings Alex and may God bless you and your family abundantly in 2013.

Alex--Buford is happy to accept the "expert" opinion of our resident non-gentile apologist when it comes to Prophet Muhammed but Buford is ignoring our resident non-gentile apologist's take on Jesus and his mother!

That makes buford an ignorant fool.

HughBe--- Certainly that is one way of looking at him but not the only way.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#157414 Jan 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhuh---"It has been taught: Many prophets arose FOR Israel, double the number of the Israelites who came out of Egypt" (Megillah 14a)
If we REALLY search our hearts, we will come to the conclusion that the non-gentiles were concerned ONLY with their superiority of Gentiles and they "corrupted" God's word accordingly.

When Gentiles realise this bitter truth, they will abandon the non-gentile books in an effort to reach out to the ONE TRUE GOD.

The non-gentiles through their books are standing in the way of Gentiles and GOD!
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157415 Jan 4, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
This resident non-gentile is a two-faced person....
Unlike his tribal, racist, bigoted, sexist, anti-gentile religion with a slave god created by evil non-gentile writers, Islam invites ALL humans.
It is very unfair for that non-gentile apologist to come up with such lies.
His books are concerned ONLY with the non-gentile superiority over "gentiles who should be UTTERLY destroyed".
Quran invites ALL Children of Adam.
The Holy Prophet Muhammed pbuh, clarified this in his last sermon....
"...All mankind is from Adam and Eve. An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab, nor does a non-Arab have any superiority over an Arab; white has no superiority over black, nor does a black have any superiority over white; [none have superiority over another] except by piety and good action. "
Let our resident non-gentile apologist produce such a statement from his "prophets" or even his "true" master Judah!!
Frijoles wrote: like Nathanels idea - its particularism - the idea would be that Islam is for the Arabs only, and leave the rest of us the F alone.

If yes, support.

Alex---Let our resident non-gentile apologist produce such a statement from his "prophets" or even his "true" master Judah!!

HughBe--- I am waiting with bated breath for his support from the Tanach.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#157416 Jan 4, 2013
correction ...superiority over Gentiles...
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157417 Jan 4, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
The god-men were making innovation..invention interpolation and insertion to make unlawful what God made lawful and to make lawful what God made unlawful.
Alex--- Dear HughBe, hope you realise you speak like a TRUE Believer.

HughBe--- Truthfully, that never entered my mind. TRUTH is what entered and is on my mind.

Alex---This is what Holy Prophet Muhammed and Jesus said.

HughBe--- flattering

Alex---The god-men were making innovation..invention interpolation and insertion to make unlawful what God made lawful and to make lawful what God made unlawful.

HughBe--- Correct.

Alex---They are doing it right now and many Gentiles haven't a clue!

HughBe--- Based on my experience here in Jamaica almost NOBODY is aware of the things that you speak of.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#157418 Jan 4, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
If we REALLY search our hearts, we will come to the conclusion that the non-gentiles were concerned ONLY with their superiority of Gentiles and they "corrupted" God's word accordingly.
When Gentiles realise this bitter truth, they will abandon the non-gentile books in an effort to reach out to the ONE TRUE GOD.
The non-gentiles through their books are standing in the way of Gentiles and GOD!
The corruption is found mainly in the Talmud but "CORRECTIONS" have been done to the scriptures to reflect CORRUPTED teachings.

One example, the replacement of the name Jehovah in some scriptures.

Note this quote "The MT was primarily copied, EDITED and distributed by a group of Jews known as the Masoretes between the 7th and 10th centuries CE."

Where can the UNEDITED scriptures be found?

Have the rabbis PRESERVED the UNEDITED texts? If not, why not?

Are they that CARELESS to the point that they did not PRESERVE the original scriptures or is it a matter that they are CORRUPT and want to HIDE things from the Jewish people?
Frijoles

United States

#157419 Jan 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
If yes, support.
Alex---Let our resident non-gentile apologist produce such a statement from his "prophets" or even his "true" master Judah!!
HughBe--- I am waiting with bated breath for his support from the Tanach.
Even easier - please demonstrate where in the tanach it says other peoples DONT have other prophets particular to them
Frijoles

United States

#157420 Jan 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
nope
Frijoles

United States

#157421 Jan 4, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what non-gentile bu(utteredbuttturdlick)ford posted....from an ANTI Muslim site....
Buford wrote:
Frijoles,
I regret to inform you that the skin burning off in hell forever and ever and ever and ever thing concerned unbelieving Jews, primarily, at least according to this site: http://prophetofdoom.net/Islamic_Quotes_Hell ....
Usually our resident non-gentile apologists will squeal.."Ah that is from a neo fascist or antisemitic site"
BUT...
I did NOT hear from our TWO FACED resident non-gentile apologist any cries like "Ah that is an ANTI Muslim site...!!"
Rock on two faced non-gentile.
let us know when you get a life
Frijoles

United States

#157422 Jan 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles--- i have no problem with accepting history that a man named jesus was around at that time.But that dosent mean I incorporate him into my religion.
HughBe--- Do you accept YOUR Jesus as your landsman?
Explain the meaning of "that dosent mean I incorporate him into my religion."
Do you wake up every morning thinking about Jesus?

I dont.
Frijoles

United States

#157423 Jan 4, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can get Hughbe to be a Muslim.

I look forward to your efforts.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#157424 Jan 4, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you wake up every morning thinking about Jesus?
I dont.
That is a good question.

I don't think HughBe or other Christians do that. Hardcore trinitarians might be doing that.

Folks will think of the LORD Almighty upon waking up.

For example, when I wake up, I praise only the LORD Almighty Allah straight away. I think HughBe will not think about Jesus but the LORD God Almighty. I am sure you do that too.
Frijoles

United States

#157425 Jan 4, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a good question.
I don't think HughBe or other Christians do that. Hardcore trinitarians might be doing that.
Folks will think of the LORD Almighty upon waking up.
For example, when I wake up, I praise only the LORD Almighty Allah straight away. I think HughBe will not think about Jesus but the LORD God Almighty. I am sure you do that too.
I didnt mean to get too intensive regarding the difference between worship and think - I was using think in its most inclusive form.

The point is that Hughbe LIVES to discuss Jesus (or his equivalent). I dont. My attitude (out of profound respect for other peoples philosophies) is benign neglect. I dont have an oppositional self concept.

I dotn even "accept" the querying language on Alex (He asked - do you "accept" Jesus?). Accepting Jesus is a theological philosophy straight out of (a version of) Christianity. I just ignore. To a evangelical Christian that would be non acceptance. But to me it is ignoral - I have no use to think in some other's religious terms.

Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#157426 Jan 4, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
The corruption is found mainly in the Talmud but "CORRECTIONS" have been done to the scriptures to reflect CORRUPTED teachings.
One example, the replacement of the name Jehovah in some scriptures.
Note this quote "The MT was primarily copied, EDITED and distributed by a group of Jews known as the Masoretes between the 7th and 10th centuries CE."
Where can the UNEDITED scriptures be found?
Have the rabbis PRESERVED the UNEDITED texts? If not, why not?
Are they that CARELESS to the point that they did not PRESERVE the original scriptures or is it a matter that they are CORRUPT and want to HIDE things from the Jewish people?
When you try to question them, they immediately pounce on you crying "fascist..antisemite...ho locaust denier..nongentile hater" and all sorts of names...It is as if they have been given a "standard sales script"!!!
To me "Edited" means "Corrupted" and "Corrections" point to "Corruptions".
These books in the hands of naive Gentiles is a recipe for global catastrophy.
The Books say destroy all non-gentiles utterly and this is based on superiority of a race/tribe/nation as opposed to difference in faith/belief...and like mules the Gentiles carry these books with them.
Very Good question! Where are the UNEDITED(Uncorrupted) texts!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loner wiccan Oct 1 birdy 2
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Sep 25 de_sheets 3
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Sep '17 dirt reynolds 121
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Sep '17 ABBB 54
the 7 great clans (Jun '07) Sep '17 blessed 479
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug '17 Nobody you know 14
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Aug '17 Trump Rules Zippy 6
More from around the web