Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
147,961 - 147,980 of 199,882 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>This must be why the early Church was composed entirely of Jews, with 3000 being added to it on Pentecost, you BRAINDEAD MUSLIM ZEALOT.
That is another lie, Buford.

Those, who followed Jesus, were not the mainstream Jews but from sects far removed.

Was John the baptist a mainstream Jew? Were the Samaritans and others living in distant villages, where Jesus preached, mainstream Jews?

Pentecost in my view, is a hoax, which was generated by the braindead!

If you read Acts, you will find that the disciples and the followers still prayed at the Temple. They worshipped the LORD, not Jesus.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Buford wrote:
Hi Frijoles,
I hate to put you on the spot, but the Singaporean and supposed Hebrew scholar is making assertions, yet again, this time about what Psalm 22:19 REALLY means, to wit:
"They part my garments among them, and for my vesture do they cast lots."
The author of John's Gospel references this passage with regard to the disposition of the clothes that Jesus was wearing when he was led out to be crucified.
I should add that whether or not one even agrees that the event occurred, the question here concerns what ACTUAL and not PRETEND Hebrew scholars have to say about the meaning of this passage from Pslam 22.
Havent been paying attention to your discussion, but to answer your question....

Look at the first verse
1 For the Leader; upon Aijeleth ha-Shahar. A Psalm of David.

The psalm was written by David - he is the voice, and the psalm recounts experiences from his life, as well as proclamations based on those.

Aijelth ha-Shachar, btw is translated as gazelle of the dawn.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Mark 7

New International Version (NIV)

That Which Defiles

7 The Pharisees and some of the teachers of the law who had come from Jerusalem gathered around Jesus 2 and saw some of his disciples eating food with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed. 3 (The Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they give their hands a ceremonial washing, holding to the tradition of the elders. 4 When they come from the marketplace they do not eat unless they wash. And they observe many other traditions, such as the washing of cups, pitchers and kettles.)

5 So the Pharisees and teachers of the law asked Jesus,“Why don’t your disciples live according to the tradition of the elders instead of eating their food with defiled hands?”

6 He replied,“Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
7 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’(Isaiah 29:3)

8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.”

9 And he continued,“You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! 10 For Moses said,‘Honor your father and mother,’( Exodus 20:12) and,‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’( Deut. 5:16) 11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)— 12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

14 Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said,“Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. 15 Nothing outside a person can defile them by going into them. Rather, it is what comes out of a person that defiles them.”[16]

17 After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. 18 “Are you so dull?” he asked.“Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.”(In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)

20 He went on:“What comes out of a person is what defiles them. 21 For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come —sexual immorality, theft, murder, 22 adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23 All these evils come from inside and defile a person.”
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Buford wrote:
Oh, wait! Don't tell me! The Acts of the Apostles is FICTIONAL, right?
Indeed!

Yep! You got it right!

The braindead Gentiles wrote it.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

bmz wrote:
@ Alex
Another point
Jesus did not leave any scripture behind.
When he was presented to the Gentiles, the scripture was created and written by men, who did not even sit in the company of Jesus or his disciples.
Even the gospels do not know what all the disciples really did.
The poor ignorant gentiles who worship BJ have no cllue about Jesus or his disciples.
They refuse to educate themselves...
They continue to worship BJ after confining Jesus to a chair with gaffer tape thus preventing him from moving or speaking.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
awww...this fake gentile needs approval from a non-gentile who rejects his "mangod" as a liar and a false prophet!
lol...
Rock on bu(tteredbuttturdlick)ford...l ol
George the Phallus Phixated,

Do you know HEBREW?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex take your meds
Hey Frijoles...Happy New Year..(I have taken the meds just for you!lol)
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...hey moron...ask me..I am the ex priest.
How did the conmen become "apostles"?
Tell us about them...Especially about Mr paul who never met Jesus!
Phallus Phace,

Why did you become a sworn-to-celibacy priest?
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is another lie, Buford.
Those, who followed Jesus, were not the mainstream Jews but from sects far removed.
The early Christians were in fact Jews. There was already a split in Jewish society around that time between the Saduccees and the Pharisees, and the sect that followed Jesus was in fact that, a sect, not a different religion. That came afterwords, a few centuries afterwords.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

bmz wrote:
Pentecost in my view, is a hoax, which was generated by the braindead!
Of course that's your view, as thoughtless and uncomprehending as ever, you BRAINDEAD MUSLIM ZEALOT.
Frijoles

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Frijoles...Happy New Year..(I have taken the meds just for you!lol)
F-off

from a nongentile -

(smiles)
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
Thanks!

From the first link:

There are several Jewish perspectives on this psalm, all of which agree that King David composed it and is the “voice” throughout, and that it is historical, not messianic. However, they differ on the particulars. The view that is the most consistent with the plain reading of this psalm holds that it is David’s own personal story, in which he describes his own pain, anguish, and longing during those times when he was a fugitive from his enemies, believing that, at times, God had not heeded his pleas for intervention. He pleads with God to come to his aid since his persecutors are relentlessly pursuing him in their zeal to dispossess him of his kingdom and mantle of royalty.

I'd also found the sencond linked site. Excerpt:

"Unfortunately, I've found it nearly impossible to find commentary on Psalm 22 that doesn't very quickly turn into a debate over this line (JPS):

17 For dogs have encompassed me; a company of evil-doers have inclosed me; like a lion, they are at my hands and my feet.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Buford wrote:
Hi Frijoles,
I hate to put you on the spot, but the Singaporean and supposed Hebrew scholar is making assertions, yet again, this time about what Psalm 22:19 REALLY means, to wit:
The author of John's Gospel references this passage with regard to the disposition of the clothes that Jesus was wearing when he was led out to be crucified.
I should add that whether or not one even agrees that the event occurred, the question here concerns what ACTUAL and not PRETEND Hebrew scholars have to say about the meaning of this passage from Pslam 22.
Hey village idiot...
Why do you come up with utter rubbish...?
"John(s)" could have written a million things to "confirm" the meaningless contents of badly translated & badly written Jewish books nearly 200 years after the disappearance of the man.

Nobody saw this besides some liars who were making up stories to confirm "prophecy"..!

Now that is the same as drawing a bullseye around any arrow after it has landed somewhere...anywhere!

Load of bull...just like the donkey ride that is supposed to be "triumpal" entry into jerusalem!!Do you realise that he was being jeered?
ofcourse not..because you are a wood-buttboy...
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Buford wrote:
Hi Frijoles,

I have never claimed to be a Hebrew scholar.

The author of John ridiculously had his clothes, whatever he was wearing, taken by the Roman soldiers to get the so-called Psalm "prophesy" fulfilled. There is no prophesy at all.

In Psalms 22, David was lamenting! He was asking for the LORD's help. Jesus was not at all attacked by bulls, dogs and lions of Bashan. They were never at his throat and he was not under any threat. His bones were not disjointed, had no offspring and was not buried among the wicked.

Jesus himself never self-loathed! It was John, who self-loathed.

And why would the unbelieving Romans talk about a prophesy and fulfill the scripture for Jesus?

"They part my garments among them, and for my vesture do they cast lots.", simply means "They loot my wealth and property and divide amongst themselves".

When the Romans occupied, they did not force the Jews to take their clothes off and did not share their garments by balloting or lottery.

Why do you find it so hard to understand? Tell me what did they do with a man's torn and tattered clothes?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>George the Phallus Phixated,
Do you know HEBREW?
hello buttboy...seems you have moved from "back" to "front"...lol..
Do you stop to ask for expert opinion on Arabic?
You are a clueless bigoted buttlicker....
You are a failure...thats what you are..
Hebrew.. Arabic and Aramaic....I can safely say I know a "bit" more than you.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks!
From the first link:
There are several Jewish perspectives on this psalm, all of which agree that King David composed it and is the “voice” throughout, and that it is historical, not messianic. However, they differ on the particulars. The view that is the most consistent with the plain reading of this psalm holds that it is David’s own personal story, in which he describes his own pain, anguish, and longing during those times when he was a fugitive from his enemies, believing that, at times, God had not heeded his pleas for intervention. He pleads with God to come to his aid since his persecutors are relentlessly pursuing him in their zeal to dispossess him of his kingdom and mantle of royalty.
17 For dogs have encompassed me; a company of evil-doers have inclosed me; like a lion, they are at my hands and my feet.
get real buttboy....the non gentiles CANNOT agree with you just because youi like licking their butts!
Despite all their shortcoming...they worship One God.
They don't worship your "god".
Get real....and psalmxx has nothing to do with your pagan gentile claims.
time to stop butts...now that doesn't mean you get to the "forn" licking...
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The early Christians were in fact Jews. There was already a split in Jewish society around that time between the Saduccees and the Pharisees, and the sect that followed Jesus was in fact that, a sect, not a different religion. That came afterwords, a few centuries afterwords.
I can accept that. However, I do see him getting early followers from sects.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never claimed to be a Hebrew scholar.
The author of John ridiculously had his clothes, whatever he was wearing, taken by the Roman soldiers to get the so-called Psalm "prophesy" fulfilled. There is no prophesy at all.
In Psalms 22, David was lamenting! He was asking for the LORD's help. Jesus was not at all attacked by bulls, dogs and lions of Bashan. They were never at his throat and he was not under any threat. His bones were not disjointed, had no offspring and was not buried among the wicked.
Jesus himself never self-loathed! It was John, who self-loathed.
And why would the unbelieving Romans talk about a prophesy and fulfill the scripture for Jesus?
"They part my garments among them, and for my vesture do they cast lots.", simply means "They loot my wealth and property and divide amongst themselves".
When the Romans occupied, they did not force the Jews to take their clothes off and did not share their garments by balloting or lottery.
Why do you find it so hard to understand? Tell me what did they do with a man's torn and tattered clothes?
It is comical when bu(utteredbuttturdlick)ford makes spurious claims...
Surely the prophecy worked on almost all chaps who were hanged/"crucified".. .as they were often stripped naked..
so any one of them could have been fulfilling the meaningless prophecy!
What's new....let's make them all gods..lol
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
F-off
from a nongentile -
(smiles)
I don't think that Phallus Phace likes Jews at all, and your (smiles) makes me wonder what ever happened to our Man in Mumbai.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pagan/Wiccan Forum right now

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The Coming Christian Revolt 8 hr The_Box 181
Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe Jul 22 selatla 105
Pagan ritual bid to find Brighton and Hove lott... (Nov '13) Jul 20 abukar 3
Pagan High Priest Claims Discrimination by City... Jul 16 Travis Frey 28
Pat Robertson Blames 'Witchcraft In The Family'... Jul 15 Gremlin 2
Atheist to open NY meeting; top court OKed prayers Jul 15 Cordwainer Trout 1
Cosmic ordering (Nov '09) Jul 13 bren 3
•••
•••