Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 254782 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Mahmood

Canada

#156983 Dec 31, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you the links so that you could go and buy more books. It was to considered a shopping list.
Earlier you had mentioned that Ibn Asshaq was the only source you had.
Ishaq is not my only source. All biographers agree that Mo was born around 570 AD. But why do you believe he was born in 570? It's not in the Koran.

By the way, I have read most of the material in your shopping list. Information about Mo in most biographies are all the same, the only difference is the opinion.
Mahmood

Canada

#156984 Dec 31, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not criticize William Muir in front of Our Friend Mahmood, he considers him a "far more reliable authority than all Muslim Scholars combined together"!!
Salaam
MUQ
When did I say that?
Mahmood

Canada

#156985 Dec 31, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't have asked me that, if you had read his volumes.
Most of the polemicists use material only from that bloody fool Ibn Ishaq, Hisham, Waqidi, Ibn Sa'ad and Tabari . Check it out!
It is so silly of ignorant fools to think that there were no people, who wrote before Ibn Asshaq.
Do you know the names of people, who wrote before Ibn Asshaq?
I dont know the names of people who wrote biography of Mohammad before Ishaq. All those bloody books in the shopping list are all post-Ishaq. What other material are you in possession of that others are not?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#156986 Dec 31, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know the names of people who wrote biography of Mohammad before Ishaq. All those bloody books in the shopping list are all post-Ishaq. What other material are you in possession of that others are not?
In your post #156821, you had written:

"From what I understand, all this information comes to us from Ben Issac unless you have some other sources that no else is aware of."

The problem is that all ignorant polemic fools think and say that the idiot Ibn Ishaq was the only man who wrote about the events and as if there was none before. That goes for you too, because you wrote that.

There were men, who wrote even long before Ibn Ishaq did. It is quite obvious that you are not aware of others, who lived before Ibn Ishaq and wrote.

Go and find out yourself. I will not name those persons, who wrote before Ibn Ishaq. A little research will help you.

It is really silly and idiotic to think that nobody wrote anything for a hundred years and then came only one person, who wrote. Writing stories about the battles (Maghazi) is not known as Seerah or Biography of the Prophet. I do not know how that bloody fool's book got that title.

Happy New Year
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#156987 Dec 31, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I say that?
MUQ was just being sarcastic.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#156988 Dec 31, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Some nonsense TheTorah, you got there, Rabbee. G-d does not have a dick, Rabbee.
This G-d of yours sounds abnormal.
rabbee: your antiG-D bigotry, calling TheTorah non-sense is worth what? so how is your imaginary vine, better than a real grape vine?

and your errant non-observations of G-D, are nothing more than an allusion of your own someone else's antiG-D mind. your religion being a lie, is one thing. but now you are personally committing, blasphemy against G-D directly. and by no stretch of the imagination, can you come up with the false conclusion you have by G-D. just like all the other religions on earth, your religion does not represent G-D truly at all.

and you and the rest of the worlds, abnormality against G-D. is the reason, not one person on earth can be considered as holy. and indicates, that all have been seduced by the darker sides.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#156989 Dec 31, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction, Buford
Should read:
No worries!
I write to assure you that the Muslim world rejects every gospel, as each is a forgery.
rabbee: and what makes your fabrications, any less evil and wicked?
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#156990 Dec 31, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
In your post #156821, you had written:
"From what I understand, all this information comes to us from Ben Issac unless you have some other sources that no else is aware of."
The problem is that all ignorant polemic fools think and say that the idiot Ibn Ishaq was the only man who wrote about the events and as if there was none before. That goes for you too, because you wrote that.
There were men, who wrote even long before Ibn Ishaq did. It is quite obvious that you are not aware of others, who lived before Ibn Ishaq and wrote.
Go and find out yourself. I will not name those persons, who wrote before Ibn Ishaq. A little research will help you.
It is really silly and idiotic to think that nobody wrote anything for a hundred years and then came only one person, who wrote. Writing stories about the battles (Maghazi) is not known as Seerah or Biography of the Prophet. I do not know how that bloody fool's book got that title.
Happy New Year
Your problem is that you have gotten yourself in a quagmire, and don't know how to get out of it. And then you are lying by saying that you have history on Mo prior to Ben Issac - bulls&hit!! You have nothing. You have no names, no books, nothing. If were any, people would be writing and referring to it. Unfortunately for you, Ishaq is the earliest existing source information. Whether his narratives are true or not we dont know.

Why do you believe earlier sources and not Ishaq? All these years, you have been rejecting any material outside the Koran. I have asked you numerous times to name books and authors, and now you came up with some stupid link. Sigmud Frued is right about people like you. Men of religion are guilty of intellectual dishonesty and intellecutal misdemeanor - you sir happens to be one of them.

Happy New Year,
Mahmood.
uhuh

Orense, Spain

#156991 Dec 31, 2012
on his night journey Muhammad was said to have met all the previous prophets at the Temple site
they were talking and the topic of the Last Hour was brought up:

all turned to Abraham, but he said "I don't know"
next they turned to Moses who also said "I don't know"
then they turned to Jesus who said,
"No one knows the Hour except the Father. But my Lord told me that before it happens, dajjal will come forth and I will defeat him. It shall be that every stone will say: O Muslim, behind me hides a kafir, come and kill him!" (Musnad Ahmad)
uhuh

Orense, Spain

#156992 Dec 31, 2012
in Sahih Muslim Muhammad allegedly said "I tethered the buraq to the ring used by the prophets"
this led muslim scholars to believe that the buraq pegasus was used by many prophets, not just Muhammad, for fast travel

"Abraham used to go every so often to check on Hagar and their son Ishmael in Mecca. It was said that he rode on al-Buraq, traveling there swiftly from Canaan" (Tafsir Ibn Kathir)

???!!!
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#156993 Dec 31, 2012
what to do - when everyone else's false doctrine appears false, according to your own false doctrines.

and what is the real difference, between being true to your religion, and being true to G-D? as i find no religion on earth today, really being true to G-D. and their distance from G-D, being too far away. to even closely represent G-D truly on earth as it is in HEAVEN of Heavens.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#156994 Dec 31, 2012
as far as i can see, everyone is being true to their religions. but nobody is being true to G-D, here in TheTorah actually in TheHappening again. as the world is only repeating, the very same old mistakes as the last time, here in this story of creation agains'es.

why is everyone on earth, using their religions. to run away from G-D, rather than toward G-D?
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#156995 Dec 31, 2012
uhuh wrote:
in Sahih Muslim Muhammad allegedly said "I tethered the buraq to the ring used by the prophets"
this led muslim scholars to believe that the buraq pegasus was used by many prophets, not just Muhammad, for fast travel
"Abraham used to go every so often to check on Hagar and their son Ishmael in Mecca. It was said that he rode on al-Buraq, traveling there swiftly from Canaan" (Tafsir Ibn Kathir)
???!!!
I heard from a reliable source that it was a flying carpet that Abraham used to visit his relatives in Mecca and even in Ur.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#156996 Dec 31, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction, Buford
Should read:
No worries!
I write to assure you that the Muslim world rejects every gospel, as each is a forgery.
Braindead Muslim Zealot,

Isn't it curious that your "prophet" Mohammad would affirm in his supposedly infallible Qur'an the existence, the words, and the deeds of a completely fictional person, namely, Jesus of Nazareth?

Absolutely hilarious! No one can deny this fact!
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#156997 Dec 31, 2012
bmz wrote:
Tell me Buford, why would the Romans take his clean garments, which he was wearing for two days or may be more?
Braindead Muslim Zealot,

Because they could.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#156998 Dec 31, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>I heard from a reliable source that it was a flying carpet that Abraham used to visit his relatives in Mecca and even in Ur.
rabbee: only because it looks funny, when any person flies without a personal car-pet.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#156999 Dec 31, 2012
bmz wrote:
How can you believe in that bullshit of four Roman soldiers dividing a condemned man's clothes and the fifth grabbed his tunic? Absolutely hilarious!
Braindead Muslim Zealot,

"Then the soldiers, when they had crucified Jesus, took His garments and made four parts, to each soldier a part, and also the tunic. Now the tunic was WITHOUT SEAM, woven from the top in one piece. They said therefore among themselves, "Let us not tear it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be," that the Scripture might be fulfilled which says:

"They divided My garments among them, and for My clothing they cast lots."

"Therefore the soldiers did these things." (John 19:23-24)
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#157000 Dec 31, 2012
Psalm 22:18 They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#157001 Dec 31, 2012
"Absolutely hilarious!" ~Braindead Muslim Zealot, Who Knows What Constitutes Absolute Hilarity
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#157002 Dec 31, 2012
But wait! If "every gospel is a forgery," as Braindead Muslim Zealot avers, then where is the original "gospel" that served as the basis for the forgeries?

Let me guess! The "original gospel" was revealed to Mohammad by Jibreel, and he in turn revealed it to his scribes, who in turn recorded it on bits and scraps of things that would eventually be compiled by Caliph Uthman and produced as the one and only infallible Qur'an!!!

Am I a good guesser, or what?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Curtis Brown column: Trick-or-Treat not to ever... (Oct '10) Sep 19 T Marie 10
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Sep 14 Pariah 4,886
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Sep 14 Bob of Quantum-Faith 843
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... Sep 13 Philbert 23
Anyone still at this forum Aug '16 Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug '16 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
More from around the web