Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 205,953

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#156249 Dec 18, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Because there are no more prophets. Miracles were only shown through them to the men of the distant past. No one has been able to bring back a dead person to life, after Jesus was gone. I think he showed one miracle on this subject by the power of God working behind him. On his own, he could not do anything.
This stroy of Jesus bringing back a person to life is borrowed from pagan mythology.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#156250 Dec 18, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
This stroy of Jesus bringing back a person to life is borrowed from pagan mythology.
No.

There is no evidence of any pagan resurrecting anyone. No one takes myths and mythology seriously.

Jesus did exist, while the mythical characters did not.

bmz

Singapore

#156251 Dec 18, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an arrogant and willfully ignorant fool.
How's that for an on-topic one-liner?
Wasn't great at all. Not impressed.

Still off-topic!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#156252 Dec 18, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
There is no evidence of any pagan resurrecting anyone. No one takes myths and mythology seriously.
lol....
If not for Islam 2billion more people will be drawing cartoons of a naked man klilled off by non-gentiles!
It takes us to defend his existence and the DIGNITY of both his mother and him!
Salaams.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#156254 Dec 18, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an arrogant and willfully ignorant fool.
How's that for an on-topic one-liner?
hey uneducated village idiot carpenter...
are you gentile or non gentile today?
lol..

bmz

Singapore

#156255 Dec 18, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>
https://sites.google.com/site/christadelphian...
The Gospel of Barnabas contains many gross errors of history and geography:-
• It says that Jesus was born when Pilate was governor of Judea
• It tells us that Nazareth is a seaport and has Jesus sail there from Jerusalem
• It has Jesus preaching from the pinnacle of the Temple
• It describes Jesus as going UP to Capernaum from Nazareth
• It describes Elisha talking to the Pharisees, despite the centuries between them
• Similarly it has Hosea talking to Haggai
• It describes Herod as an infidel, whereas he was actually Jewish by religion
• It describes Summer as a time of fruit and harvest - In Israel it is too hot for these.
The Gospel of Barnabas also contains many anachronisms:
• It contains short quotations from Dante
• It describes the Jubilee as taking place every hundred yrs - correct in Catholic Italy and Spain but not in classical Judea
• The social environment is a mediaeval feudal system, not first century Palestine.
• It has wine stored in casks, not amphorae or wineskins
• Men wear "hosen", mediaeval leggings, rather than tunics and cloaks.
Origins of the Gospel of Barnabas
The manuscript of the Gospel of Barnabas was originally produced by one Mustafa of Aranda who had been forced to convert to Catholicism by the inquisition. He claimed to have translated it from a manuscript given to him by one Fra Marino, a person who was never produced. In view of the failings of the document, it is almost 99.9% certain that it was Mustafa of Aranda who invented the whole document as a way of getting at the Catholics who had forced him to convert. Certainly the language and history in it identifies southern Europe, and probably Spain, as the place of origin of the work.
Incidentally, did you know that the Qur‘an really does endorse the canonical Gospels?
Let the people of the Gospel (Injil) judge by what God has revealed therein. If any do fail to judge by what God hath revealed they are those who rebel.(Q 5:50)
If thou wert in any doubt as to what we have revealed unto thee, then ask those who have been reading the Book before thee (Q10:94)
see also Q5:46,47; 7:169,170; 40:69,70.
These passages are very clear in what they say. The Gospels were available at the time of Muhammad, and they were considered to be inspired by God. We know from manuscript evidence that the New Testament of the 7th century was the same as the current New Testament (and the Old Testament is similarly unchanged).
Forget it. All gospels are not reliable.

An example:

John says Jesus carried his cross, while the other three gospels say that Simon carried the cross.

The point is that gospel accounts cannot be trusted.

It is strange and funny to note that while Rome has no records on Pilate's life, only Christianity has bits and pieces through the gospels.

bmz

Singapore

#156256 Dec 18, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
lol....
If not for Islam 2billion more people will be drawing cartoons of a naked man klilled off by non-gentiles!
It takes us to defend his existence and the DIGNITY of both his mother and him!
Salaams.
Indeed!

Thanks, bro.

Salaams
BMZ
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#156257 Dec 18, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: TheTorah is over, 20billion years old. so i do not see, how your lie can call it modern, in any sense of your evil imagination.
and it's still the same story G-D, is giving with all of us actually here in IT again. and all you talking critters can do, is make it worse here in IT for everyone else.
and i have no doubt, that your an idolitor. and G-D has actually paid me, with more visits than you have. even the three wise men, have paid me with more visits than you.
Who wrote it 20billion years ago? What about "word" who was with god who was "word" and who is now god or "word" nobody knows!!

Back to reality...
Cross is a death instrument...so are knives and guns.

If BJ was stabbed or shot will the lovely worshippers of BJ be wearing a "knife" or a "gun" round their necks with the Pope worshipping/blessing knives or guns?

Using a "cross" to mark a grave is the same as using a "knife" or a "gun" to mark a grave.

Both are death instruments.

How sick is that!!

*** Also when a person who is full of Jesus dies, what happens?

Does the "Jesus" inside them "die again" or abandon the dead and run off back to the comforts of heaven to sit on Lord's right hand and watch the fun??

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#156265 Dec 18, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is strange and funny to note that while Rome has no records on Pilate's life, only Christianity has bits and pieces through the gospels.
It's not a big deal to not find any record of Pilate's life in Rome, although you can find him recorded on other documents.

For example it was found a latin inscription about Pilate in Judea, Caesarea Maritima, that says "S TIBERIÉUM PO]NTIUS PILATUS PRAEF]ECTUS IUDA[EA]E FECIT D]E[DICAVIT"

Translated into modern english means "...Tiberius, Pontius Pilate prefect of Judea has dedicated..." The rest was damage thus impossible for me to translated what it says before and after that.

Moreover there is a letter from King Herod Agrippa I (in Philo, Legatio to Caium, 38) describes Pilate as "relentless, without respect, stubborn".

Not to speak that in central Italy there are a lot of stories about him and about his death place, but since they are all oral tradition with no objective facts, I'll treat them as other oral tradition, thus of no historical value. So your point is totally pointless.

We know that there is no proof of the existence of Umar, Ali, Muhammad's wives ect. Does this mean they never existited? No, it does not mean anything, though it's strange and funny that Arabs have no recorded any relevant islamic figures on documents...

Of course Hadiths and oral traditions are of no value.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#156266 Dec 18, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget it. All gospels are not reliable.
An example:
John says Jesus carried his cross, while the other three gospels say that Simon carried the cross.
Who carried the cross?
It is time we reminded the readers!!
lol...
FROM 1:19:55..........lol
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#156267 Dec 18, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a big deal to not find any record of Pilate's life in Rome, although you can find him recorded on other documents.
For example it was found a latin inscription about Pilate in Judea, Caesarea Maritima, that says "S TIBERIÉUM PO]NTIUS PILATUS PRAEF]ECTUS IUDA[EA]E FECIT D]E[DICAVIT"
Translated into modern english means "...Tiberius, Pontius Pilate prefect of Judea has dedicated..." The rest was damage thus impossible for me to translated what it says before and after that.
Moreover there is a letter from King Herod Agrippa I (in Philo, Legatio to Caium, 38) describes Pilate as "relentless, without respect, stubborn".
Not to speak that in central Italy there are a lot of stories about him and about his death place, but since they are all oral tradition with no objective facts, I'll treat them as other oral tradition, thus of no historical value. So your point is totally pointless.
We know that there is no proof of the existence of Umar, Ali, Muhammad's wives ect. Does this mean they never existited? No, it does not mean anything, though it's strange and funny that Arabs have no recorded any relevant islamic figures on documents...
glugg...gluggg...Colonic Irrigation at full speed...
What is...Non crapitum suum januum

bmz

Singapore

#156268 Dec 18, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>

Translated into modern english means "...Tiberius, Pontius Pilate prefect of Judea has dedicated..."

The rest was damage thus impossible for me to translated what it says before and after that.
Once again, you just jumped in without even understanding my point.

I have read about that stone but it does not give any period of his governorship.

Do you have any record of Pilate in Roman archives? None, is the correct answer!

In his post # 156247, Buford wrote:

"The Gospel of Barnabas contains many gross errors of history and geography:-

• It says that Jesus was born when Pilate was governor of Judea"

This statement is based on Christianity's own Department of History. Pilate is only known through Christianity and her books.

It is said that the Romans kept records of everything and they were perfect in doing that. Where are those records, which talk about Pilate?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#156274 Dec 18, 2012
* When a person who is full of Jesus dies, what happens?

Does the "Jesus" inside them "die again" or abandon the dead and run off back to the comforts of heaven to sit on Lord's right hand and watch the fun??
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#156277 Dec 18, 2012
Makesure100 wrote:
<quoted text>
Freakshow......you are full of hate...your buddies are full of hate. We Americans will not stand for a hatefull organization as yours. Die along the roadside..........
rabbee: and just what, organization do you fantacize i am in?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#156279 Dec 18, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, all gospels contradict Qur'aan. Can't trust any of them.
Not only that but they also contradict each other. For example, the three synoptic gospels do not agree with anything that John says.
Please inform answering-islam.
rabbee: then according to their gospels, the quran can never be trusted either. and according to TheTorah, neither the quran, their gospels, nor new testament tanach, nor anyother writtings in this world, can be trusted. cause their world view, is all only make believe.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#156280 Dec 18, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: why just becaise none of you, who don't even know my name. claim, you were not around then? even when you were born again here in TheTorah for this third Torot time. as you strain at a gnat, and miss all of your being resurrected thrice agains.

this is not, the first time me and this worlds grandmother, sarah faye ann carney, gave birth to all of you all precisely and accuratly again. and your grandmother sarah faye ann carney, is not the first mate, i have done this third or fourth resurrections with either.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#156281 Dec 18, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: then according to their gospels, the quran can never be trusted either. and according to TheTorah, neither the quran, their gospels, nor new testament tanach, nor anyother writtings in this world, can be trusted. cause their world view, is all only make believe.
Who wrote your "TheTorah"?
"TheLiars" who deliberately turned "TheGOD" into "TheSlave" minigod of "TheNon-gentiles".
"ThePeriod"!
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#156282 Dec 18, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who wrote it 20billion years ago? What about "word" who was with god who was "word" and who is now god or "word" nobody knows!!
Back to reality...
Cross is a death instrument...so are knives and guns.
If BJ was stabbed or shot will the lovely worshippers of BJ be wearing a "knife" or a "gun" round their necks with the Pope worshipping/blessing knives or guns?
Using a "cross" to mark a grave is the same as using a "knife" or a "gun" to mark a grave.
Both are death instruments.
How sick is that!!
*** Also when a person who is full of Jesus dies, what happens?
rabbee: well then i guess your quran, does not tell how G-D always writes this and gives TheStoneTablets to Moshe on mt seeanee. every other time, G-D has always given this same story of creation.

and i can count the number of people, who actually get to visit HEAVEN of Heavens, without even taking my socks off. but since this is your third Torot time

where do you think you were, while you were waiting to be physically born again? if you wern't in HEAVEN of Heavens, you were not, here in your own rather hell on earth, and you were not sent into oblivion, what place is left for you to be stored, untill your next occurance here in TheTorah? while you are now here presently squandering away, your second physical resurrection.

i have seen this same happen, way too many times before. with way too many other thousands and thousands of grandmothers, and all of their grandchildren. where G-D is still, giving this same story of creation again. and you and they have all rejected being actually here in IT. so that eventually, G-D gives TheHisSon adam with another mate. and all of you, cease to exist, the very next time G-D gives this same story of creation again. as you all snuff out, you own eternal existance, with your believing in everything and everyone but G-D, here in TheTorah actually happening. with the only survivors, being the his direct lingage of Noach to Adam to Noach again.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#156283 Dec 18, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who wrote your "TheTorah"?
"TheLiars" who deliberately turned "TheGOD" into "TheSlave" minigod of "TheNon-gentiles".
"ThePeriod"!
rabbee: check out the very next post, below your's. G-D'S story of creation here in it, has never changed, and neither do the answers to all you pagans of other g-ds.
Mahmood

Woodstock, Canada

#156284 Dec 18, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
The concept is borrowed from pagan mythology. Whether Jesus existed or not is a matter of debate since there is no hard evidence that he did. Pagans believed in those myths.

When did Abraham, Noah, Moses, Shoaib, Joseph live and die, do have the dates?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 19 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,456
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Nov 22 buckwheat 12
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov 22 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov 15 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov 12 GordonM 1
drawing with pen Nov 11 scribbles 1
Shadow Energy / Shadow Magic (Feb '08) Nov 11 scribbles 25

Pagan/Wiccan People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE