Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256309 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#156310 Dec 18, 2012
Islam is a hateful organisation. You are killers of the innocents.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#156313 Dec 18, 2012
Alex, bmz, greetings and peace! May the Almighty God's blessings be upon you and your families as they were upon Noah and Abraham as the day of reckoning draws near! NQ
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#156314 Dec 18, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, all gospels contradict Qur'aan. Can't trust any of them.
Not only that but they also contradict each other. For example, the three synoptic gospels do not agree with anything that John says.
Please inform answering-islam.
HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO DO THIS?????????
http://contenderministries.org/discrepancies/...

It gives me the schitts, because for some reason I can only post one link at a time so I have to search anew when I go back to the search engine!!!!!!!!!!

WHY DO THEY CONTRADICT WHEN THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE EDITED????????
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#156315 Dec 18, 2012
a
GOSPEL OF BARNABAS IS A FN FAKE!!!!!!!!!!
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#156316 Dec 18, 2012
a
T CONTRADICTS THE QURAN!!!!!!!!!
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#156317 Dec 18, 2012
BARNABAS SAYS JESUS IS NOT THE MESSIAH:
page 121, chap. 96: Jesus says he is not the Messiah
page 123, chap. 97: Muhammad is claimed to be the Messiah
page 182, chap. 142: The Messiah is not of the seed of David or Isaac

THE QURAN CALLS JESUS 'CHRIST' WHICH MEANS MESSIAH!
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#156318 Dec 19, 2012
CONTRADICTIONS BETWEEN QURAN AND BARNABAS:

1) the Quran (2:29) says that the Heavens are seven in number,
while "Barnabas" gives the number as nine (178).

2) according to "Barnabas", man is endowed with a free will.
(164). On the contrary, man only does what Allah wills him
to do (Quran - 76:30, 37:96, 17:13, 10:99-100).

3) Adam was not the first man circumcised (23). Abraham was.

4) according to "Barnabas" (3), Mary brought forth her son without
pain. This is contradicted by the Quran (19:23).

5) the Quran follows the Mosaic law of "an eye for an eye, and a
tooth for a tooth", whereas "Barnabas" says "... ye shall not
overcome evil with evil, but rather with good" (81). "Woe unto
them that call for vengeance ..." (63). "... kiss the hand of
those who revile thee, and present gifts to those who persecute
thee and strike thee much" (64).

6) the Quran approves of poligamy. "Barnabas" does not tolerate
it (115).

7) the Quran approves of the teaching of abrogation. "Barnabas"
condemns it (38).

8) the Quran condemns eating pork but "Barnabas" says "that which
entereth into the man defileth not the man, but that which
cometh out of the man defileth the man" (32).

9) "Barnabas" totally ignores the existence of the prophet John
the Baptist (Yahya ibn Zakariyya).

10) according to "Barnabas", Jesus expressly denies that he is the
Messiah. In the Quran, the only Messiah is Jesus.

Still, "Barnabas" further compounds his confusion. For while
he has Jesus denying that He is the Messiah, yet, amazingly,
the first words of "Barnabas" following his introductory title,
read:

Barnabas, apostle of Jesus the Nazarene, called Christ ...

According to "Barnabas", then, Jesus is called Christ, but he
is not called Messiah. Despite his obvious familiarity with
the Bible, "Barnabas" does not know that Messiah (Hebrew) and
Christ (Greek) are identical in meaning.
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#156319 Dec 19, 2012
BARNABAS PAGE 5:
'The virgin was surrounded by a light exceeding bright and brought forth her son without pain.'

QURAN SURAH 19:23:
'And the pangs of childbirth drove her unto the trunk of the palm tree.'
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#156320 Dec 19, 2012
THE GOSPEL OF BARNABAS:
"that which entereth into the man defileth not the man, but that which cometh out of the man defileth the man" (32).
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#156323 Dec 19, 2012
MUQ wrote:
Can you give me the Name of that Muslim who "authored" this Gospel in 16th Century?
Do not just Babble, give me the name, will you?
Quran is the revealed word of Allah, because no Human was able to bring anything like Quran in past 1400 years.
If you want to be the first, come forward and bring something in Arabic language that is like Quran.
Do not Babble, do some work, will you?
If you had bothered to READ my earlier post, you'd have READ that the name given for the author of the Gospel of Barnabas is Mustafa of Aranda.
See: https://sites.google.com/site/christadelphian...

As for your test, "Quran is the revealed word of Allah, because no Human was able to bring anything like Quran in past 1400 years," that's like saying that Einstein's Special and General Theories of Relativity are the revealed word of YHWH, because no Human was able to bring anything like these Theories in all of Human history.

IOW, MUQ, your Quran Arabic test proves nothing about a divine source.

BTW, I wonder how many Muslims even know how to read Arabic?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#156324 Dec 19, 2012
El Morales wrote:
Good now let's hear about your real god, krishna?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#156325 Dec 19, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
Alex, bmz, greetings and peace! May the Almighty God's blessings be upon you and your families as they were upon Noah and Abraham as the day of reckoning draws near! NQ
Greetings to you NQ!!
It is lovely to hear from you. Thank you for your kind wishes.
May Almighty God's Peace and Blessings be upon you and your family.
All the best.
Alex
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#156326 Dec 19, 2012
jesus is wrote:
a
GOSPEL OF BARNABAS IS A FN FAKE!!!!!!!!!!
and Gospel of John comes from Jesus?
That Poor man has been dragged over broken glass by a bunch of liars who humiliate him by worshipping him instead of worshipping God.
Jesus NEVER claimed divinity.
Get real mr. ignorant person.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#156327 Dec 19, 2012
Makesure100 wrote:
Islam is a hateful organisation. You are killers of the innocents.
yep...bombing from air...murdering millions of women, elderly and children and then calling them terrorists. Taking their oil and minerals...yep ...very Muslim!

Utterly destroying enemies with NO mercy may be in the kkkkoran, kkkktorah but NOT in the Holy Quran!!!

Who says..the pagans of OTHER GODS must be UTTERLY DESTROYED as practised in the non-gentile terror state in the middle of palestine!!

They were kept under control in Europe until 1940's and now they are RUNNING WILD BACK TO THEIR MURDEROUS HABITS!!!

Exodus 22:20
He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be UTTERLY DESTROYED.

Exodus 23:24
You must not worship the gods of these nations or serve them in any way or imitate their evil practices. Instead, you must UTTERLY DESTROY THEM and SMASH their sacred pillars.

Deut 7:2
And when the LORD your God shall deliver them over to you; you shall strike them, and UTTERLY DESTROY THEM; you shall make no covenant with them, NOR SHOW MERCY unto them:

Deut 8:19
"But I assure you of this: If you ever forget the LORD your God and follow OTHER GODS, worshiping and bowing down to them, you will CERTAINLY BE DESTROYED.
Mahmood

Toronto, Canada

#156328 Dec 19, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
When your great, great, great, grand father lived on this earth? Have you any dates?
And why dates should be so important to any one but a historian?
And is it historians who make the world what it is?
This debate of History is for people who are only interested in idle discussion sitting on a couch or sofa. They do not want to DO any thing, just prolong the debate and keep on asking useless questions.
What great changes will happen to you, if you know the EXACT date of Birth of Jesus, Moses, Abraham and Noah?
Will it take you to moon?
My family tree dates back to the 18th CE, so I do have a good idea when my great great grandfather was born. Before that, I have no clue nor is it of any importance to me.

The reason I keep bringing up Moses, Abraham, Noah etc is because I want to know if they really existed or not. The problem is that there is no evidence that they existed and therefore adds doubts on the reality of the holy scriptures. The Koran writes a lot about Moses and yet none of you can prove if he ever lived. Research & Archeology seems to suggest otherwise. So when you guys say "Abraham did this..." and "Noah said that...." you are doing so out of faith and not evidence.

You fellows cannot even prove that the Koran we have today is verbatim the same Koran dictated by Mohammad. The answers you provide are based entirely on faith and untrustworthy Islamic traditions, not on evidence. You cannot even come up with a single copy of the Koran dating back from 610-710 AD. You dont know what happened to the orignal manuscripts of the Koran. The easy answer for you to give is that Koran was memorized and passed on from generation to generation. How would know what the first generation of Muslims memorized and how much? If everything was memorized, then why was the Koran written at all?

This Osmans burning of Korans is another tradition that is plausible but impossible to prove. How can you be sure that there are no interpolations in the Koran? How can you be sure that verses meant to be in the Koran are not there? How can you be sure that Koran is not the product of the Ummayyads who controlled the Islamic world until 750CE?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#156330 Dec 19, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you give me the Name of that Muslim who "authored" this Gospel in 16th Century?
Do not just Babble, give me the name, will you?
Quran is the revealed word of Allah, because no Human was able to bring anything like Quran in past 1400 years.
If you want to be the first, come forward and bring something in Arabic language that is like Quran.
Do not Babble, do some work, will you?
rabbee: oh come on, they did not even speak, arabic or english in the days of muhammed.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#156331 Dec 19, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
rabbee: oh come on! do you really think, G-D is going to listen to your blessings given to unrepented idolitors?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#156332 Dec 19, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
yep...bombing from air...murdering millions of women, elderly and children and then calling them terrorists. Taking their oil and minerals...yep ...very Muslim!
Utterly destroying enemies with NO mercy may be in the kkkkoran, kkkktorah but NOT in the Holy Quran!!!
Who says..the pagans of OTHER GODS must be UTTERLY DESTROYED as practised in the non-gentile terror state in the middle of palestine!!
They were kept under control in Europe until 1940's and now they are RUNNING WILD BACK TO THEIR MURDEROUS HABITS!!!
Exodus 22:20
He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be UTTERLY DESTROYED.
Exodus 23:24
You must not worship the gods of these nations or serve them in any way or imitate their evil practices. Instead, you must UTTERLY DESTROY THEM and SMASH their sacred pillars.
Deut 7:2
And when the LORD your God shall deliver them over to you; you shall strike them, and UTTERLY DESTROY THEM; you shall make no covenant with them, NOR SHOW MERCY unto them:
Deut 8:19
"But I assure you of this: If you ever forget the LORD your God and follow OTHER GODS, worshiping and bowing down to them, you will CERTAINLY BE DESTROYED.
rabbee: well there are about, 7billion terrorists on this planet. so how can you not, call each other terrorists? i think you need to quit assuming, there is an innocent person on this planet of all you idolitors.

Location hidden

#156333 Dec 19, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings to you NQ!!
It is lovely to hear from you. Thank you for your kind wishes.
May Almighty God's Peace and Blessings be upon you and your family.
All the best.
Alex
Thank you so much.

Location hidden

#156334 Dec 19, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: oh come on! do you really think, G-D is going to listen to your blessings given to unrepented idolitors?
I know God listens to me. Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Jul 18 John 4,952
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Jul 16 aunt jamama 53
Do you know where you will spend eternity? Jul 14 JacquelineDeane55 1
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Jul 8 Zipp 3
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul 7 unserve satan 8199 844
Midnight Man Madness Jun 30 just sayin 3
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) May '17 John 14,736
More from around the web