Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,363)

Showing posts 147,241 - 147,260 of193,556
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what Puin has to say about the Koran:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Thanks!

Gleanings:

The Sana texts are the oldest surviving remnants of the Qur'an, and they were composed 70 years after Mohammad's death.

Diacritical marks are absent, meaning that the words could mean up to 30 different things.

The text was overwritten, that is, the text CHANGED, suggesting that if Allah revealed the Qur'an verbatim, then those who CHANGED the text later were "rightly guided," or they GUESSED. My guess is that they guessed.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoyed reading that, MUQ.
The last line was very impressive.
Salaams
BMZ
Thank you brother for appreciation.

Salaam

MUQ
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right brother MUQ nor do the gospel prove that Jesus even existed.
Who can argue with an "expert".

You Give the Judgment and we bow our heads!
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-7
Chapter 13 The remarkable fear of Jesus and his prayer, and the wonderful comfort of the angel Gabriel.

Some days having passed, Jesus having in spirit perceived the desire of the priests, ascended the Mount of Olives to pray. And having passed the whole night in prayer, in the morning Jesus praying said:

'O Lord, I know that the scribes hate me, and the priests are minded to kill me, thy servant; therefore, Lord God almighty and merciful, in mercy hear the prayers of the servant, and save me from their snares, for thou art my salvation. Thou knowest, Lord, that I thy servant seek thee alone,

O Lord, and speak thy word; for thy word is truth, which endureth for ever.'

When Jesus had spoken these words, behold there came to him the angel Gabriel, saying:'Fear not, O Jesus, for a thousand thousand who dwell above the heaven guard thy garments, and thou shalt not die till everything be fulfilled, and the world shall be near its end.'Ö

Note: That is the Holy Spirit (Archangel Gabriel) thru which Jesus was strengthened (MUQ)

Chapter 14 After the fast of forty days, Jesus chooseth twelve apostles.

Jesus descended from the mount, and passed alone by night to the farther side of Jordan, and fasted forty days and forty nights, not eating anything day nor night, making continual supplication to the Lord for the salvation of his people to whom God had sent him.

And when the forty days were passed he was an hungered. Then appeared Satan unto him, and tempted him in many words, but Jesus drove him away by the power of words of God. Satan having departed, the angels came and ministered unto Jesus that whereof he had need.

Jesus, seeing that great was the multitude of them that returned to their heart for to walk in the law of God, went up into the mountain, and abode all night in prayer, and when day was come he descended from the mountain, and chose twelve, whom he called apostles, among whom is Judas, who was slain upon the cross.

Their names are:

1-Andrew and
2- Peter his brother, fishermen;
3- Barnabas, who wrote this,
4- with Matthew the publican, who sat at the receipt of custom;
5- John and
6- James, sons of Zebedee;
7- Thaddaeus and
8- Judas;
9- Bartholomew and
10- Philip;
11- James, and
12- Judas Iscariot the traitor.

To these he always revealed the divine secrets; but the Iscariot Judas he made his dispenser of that which was given in alms, but he stole the tenth part of everything.

Note: The List of 12 Disciples are different in each Gospel, I think they removed the name Barnabas and then each one put his own name (MUQ)
(Abridged)
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Chapter 13 The remarkable fear of Jesus and his prayer, and the wonderful comfort of the angel Gabriel.
Some days having passed, Jesus having in spirit perceived the desire of the priests, ascended the Mount of Olives to pray. And having passed the whole night in prayer, in the morning Jesus praying said:
'O Lord, I know that the scribes hate me, and the priests are minded to kill me, thy servant; therefore, Lord God almighty and merciful, in mercy hear the prayers of the servant, and save me from their snares, for thou art my salvation. Thou knowest, Lord, that I thy servant seek thee alone,
When Jesus had spoken these words, behold there came to him the angel Gabriel, saying:'Fear not, O Jesus, for a thousand thousand who dwell above the heaven guard thy garments, and thou shalt not die till everything be fulfilled, and the world shall be near its end.'Ö
Note: That is the Holy Spirit (Archangel Gabriel) thru which Jesus was strengthened (MUQ)
Jesus descended from the mount, and passed alone by night to the farther side of Jordan, and fasted forty days and forty nights, not eating anything day nor night, making continual supplication to the Lord for the salvation of his people to whom God had sent him.
And when the forty days were passed he was an hungered. Then appeared Satan unto him, and tempted him in many words, but Jesus drove him away by the power of words of God. Satan having departed, the angels came and ministered unto Jesus that whereof he had need.
Jesus, seeing that great was the multitude of them that returned to their heart for to walk in the law of God, went up into the mountain, and abode all night in prayer, and when day was come he descended from the mountain, and chose twelve, whom he called apostles, among whom is Judas, who was slain upon the cross.
Their names are:
1-Andrew and
5- John and
7- Thaddaeus and
8- Judas;
9- Bartholomew and
10- Philip;
11- James, and
To these he always revealed the divine secrets; but the Iscariot Judas he made his dispenser of that which was given in alms, but he stole the tenth part of everything.
Note: The List of 12 Disciples are different in each Gospel, I think they removed the name Barnabas and then each one put his own name (MUQ)
(Abridged)
The Gospel of barnabas is a 16th or 17th century forgery, not that you care about the truth.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
Their names are:
1-Andrew and
5- John and
7- Thaddaeus and
8- Judas;
9- Bartholomew and
10- Philip;
11- James, and
(Abridged)
Who recorded these words that Jesus allegedly uttered? Barnabas? Where is your proof?

Since: Dec 12

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

the known and established forgery of the gospel of barnaba

In Chapter 54, the Italian text mentions a denarius, which is made up of 60 minuti. These gold coins were used only in Spain under Khalif Abdul Malik (in 685 A.D.).

The Italian poet Dante lived about the time of the composition of the G.o.B.(1265-1321) and it is interesting to notice a number of quotations from Dante's works in the G.o.B. There are many and they can hardly be regarded as coincidences. The G.o.B. quotes Jesus as saying to Peter: "Know ye therefore, that hell is one, yet hath seven centres one below another. Hence, even as sin is of seven kinds, for as seven gates of hell has Satan generated it: So are seven punishments therein." (Chapter 135a). This is exactly what Dante says in Cantos V, VI, etc. of his "Inferno". Again "Barnabas" says that God, having created the human senses, condemned them "to hell and to intolerable snow and ice" (Chapter 106, which corresponds with Cantos XXVIII and III of the "Inferno").

In Chapters 91-92 we are told that Jesus and His disciples kept "the 40 days". The context clearly shows that this refers to the period of Lent before Easter, celebrated by the church, but from a very much later period than the days of the early church

In Chapter 82 mention is made of the "Years of the Jubilee, which now cometh every 100 years." The Year of Jubilee, according to the Old Testament, was every 50th year (after seven times seven years). The origin of this faulty information is as follows: In the year A.D. 1300 Pope Boniface the VIII instituted the Jubilee as a centenary event. Owing to its financial success, however, Pope Clement VI reversed Boniface's decision and celebrated the next Jubilee in 1350. This was thus the only time that the Year of Jubilee was intended as a centenary occasion - it never was in practice

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

According to the G.o.B. Jesus was born when Pilate was governor, but in fact he only became governor between A.D. 26 and 27

In Chapter 152 we are informed that soldiers were "rolled out of the temple as one rolleth casks of wood when they are washed to refill them with wine." Wooden barrels were invented 2000 years ago in Gaul but were not used in the East in New Testament times. Wine and other liquids were stored in skins.

These are only a few examples of the nonsense found in this 'gospel'

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
First it was 14th Century Forgery....then it became 15th Century Forgery...Now you say it is 16th or 17th Century Forgery....then you might say it was 18th Century Forgery or may be 19th Century Forgery.
Is that how you people "manufacture" forgeries?
Stick to one date or you might be declared as a forgerer !!
The first written edition was found in holland in 1709 but scholars estimate that it was written around 15th and 16th century

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
If by mess you mean the belief of Trinity ect, then if Muhammad was the comforter than since 700 AC there would have been no mess, or at least not that mess.

I think that the holy spirit was only with the apostales, and forever with them, that means once they died there is no responsibility for them, the holy spirit, whatever you like if the world goes astray from the original teaching. In other words the spirit didn't mislead anyone, let alone 600-700 years.
I have already said that John's gospel is simply hocus pocus. I do not believe in that Comforter or Helper or Advocate or Holy spirit mentioned in John.

I do not consider that Muhammad was the 'Comforter' mentioned in John and I do not consider that Jesus was the prophet mentioned in Deut 18:18 and by the mess, I mean Christianity.

The point is that after Jesus was gone, the Bishops and others started quarreling. This so-called Holy Spirit did not come to help any of them and did not clarify anything as John suggested.

We read that the men blabbered and babbled in different languages but we don't even know what they blabbered. What did they say?

So, my point is that there was no Holy Spirit that came to remind people about what Jesus taught.

If you read the gospels, Jesus was all the time talking about God. In his conversations and exchanges, there wasn't any mention of the alleged Holy Spirit. The founding fathers and the Church made it up.

The Holy Spirit is really a bogus character.

Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
First it was 14th Century Forgery....then it became 15th Century Forgery...Now you say it is 16th or 17th Century Forgery....then you might say it was 18th Century Forgery or may be 19th Century Forgery.
Islamotard,

I only know what wikepedia tells me. WHAT DO YOU KNOW?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already said that John's gospel is simply hocus pocus. I do not believe in that Comforter or Helper or Advocate or Holy spirit mentioned in John.
I do not consider that Muhammad was the 'Comforter' mentioned in John and I do not consider that Jesus was the prophet mentioned in Deut 18:18 and by the mess, I mean Christianity.
The point is that after Jesus was gone, the Bishops and others started quarreling. This so-called Holy Spirit did not come to help any of them and did not clarify anything as John suggested.
We read that the men blabbered and babbled in different languages but we don't even know what they blabbered. What did they say?
So, my point is that there was no Holy Spirit that came to remind people about what Jesus taught.
If you read the gospels, Jesus was all the time talking about God. In his conversations and exchanges, there wasn't any mention of the alleged Holy Spirit. The founding fathers and the Church made it up.
Ignorant Fool,

The truth of it is that you simply will not be taught.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Islamotard,
I only know what wikepedia tells me. WHAT DO YOU KNOW?
Buford,

Wikipedia is a pedia for ignorant fools like you. Start reading proper encylopedia.

Wikipedia is totally unreliable.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Buford wrote:
The truth of it is that you simply will not be taught.
That is correct because no ignorant fool can teach me the junk and stuff, which was written by other ignorant fools, such as the writer or writers of John, other gospels, letters, etc., of the New Testament.

If Jesus had completed his mission well, then there was no need for any Comforter or Advocate of Spirit to come and teach again.

John 14:26 shows that all his disciples and followers were totally dumb and ignorant fools, who understood nothing and someone else had to come and remind them.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
And in the 21st Century, we will be told that it was written by a Muslim. lol!

Forgeries back then, were rampant. That is why Paul, himself a wizard of forgery, wrote in Galatians 1:8, "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let that person be under Godís curse! "

Under that clause, the four writers of the gospels stand under God's Curse!

Salaams
BMZ

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
I really dont care what he is. I do know that he was invited to decipher the Sana manuscripts. But why are the Yemani authorities preventing the publication of the Sana manuscripts? What have they to worry about. I once spoke to a Russian professor of Islam and he told me that the Sana text is the same Koran we have today, only the chapters are not marked such as Cow, Elephant, Imran, Spoils of War etc.
Neither do I.

He was invited to restore the parchments. It was a restoration project, nothing else.

The Russian professor is right.

Puin can publish all the 15,000-30,000 pages that he has micro-filmed. Right? Who is stopping him? He is free to publish in the West. Right?

I have read quite a few pages on the internet easily, without even thinking of a diacritical mark.

I found nothing wrong. Puin is a bigot.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: if Ruach HaKodesh is bogus, then you have no basis for the quran. and denied the existance, of G-D and TheAngels and angels. and denied the existance, of any alleged holy person. as you have only accepted, the existance of the idoliterous suble talking critters. and have rejected, everything of G-D.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
And in the 21st Century, we will be told that it was written by a Muslim. lol!
Forgeries back then, were rampant. That is why Paul, himself a wizard of forgery, wrote in Galatians 1:8, "But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let that person be under Godís curse! "
Under that clause, the four writers of the gospels stand under God's Curse!
Salaams
BMZ
rabbee: then it also means, that muhammed and all muslems are cursed of G-D also according to that verse.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct because no ignorant fool can teach me the junk and stuff, which was written by other ignorant fools, such as the writer or writers of John, other gospels, letters, etc., of the New Testament.
If Jesus had completed his mission well, then there was no need for any Comforter or Advocate of Spirit to come and teach again.
John 14:26 shows that all his disciples and followers were totally dumb and ignorant fools, who understood nothing and someone else had to come and remind them.
rabbee: ps; according to TheTorah, TheComforter has never been a male spirit. and adam is still, in search of Her. and so apparently again, you have lied in this second coming of Adam just again. but i do not expect any of you idolitors, of other g-ds to want to understand.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: if Ruach HaKodesh is bogus, then you have no basis for the quran. and denied the existance, of G-D and TheAngels and angels. and denied the existance, of any alleged holy person. as you have only accepted, the existance of the idoliterous suble talking critters. and have rejected, everything of G-D.
rabbee: and obviously if you become seperated, from TheHolySpirit. then you must become, an unholy spirit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 147,241 - 147,260 of193,556
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Wiccan Atheists and Agnostics (Aug '13) 17 hr PINCH111 284
Paganism still suffering from wounds inflicted ... 17 hr PINCH111 5
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... 17 hr PINCH111 54
Wiccan Threefold Law Is Overrated 18 hr PINCH111 8
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) 18 hr PINCH111 72
Create A Potted Plant Altar Wed Drake_Burrwood 1
Woman Injured in Wiccan Ceremony (Jul '08) Wed Ken Ra 5
•••
•••