Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 254067 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#156176 Dec 16, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>I see no good reason to submit to Mohammad/Allah, actually.
Go far away from us. Allah is a terrorist, radical, killing deity. We are at war with Allah.....all Americans want this scum, devil dead and gone. Bengazhi is the latest example of his dirty deeds.
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#156177 Dec 16, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Great Scholar,
If you find something wrong in a wikipedia entry, you can always correct it.
That is HOW you "manufacture" the truth!!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#156178 Dec 16, 2012
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-8
Chapter 15 Miracle wrought by Jesus at the marriage, turning the water into wine.

When the feast of tabernacles was nigh, a certain rich man invited Jesus with his disciples and his mother to a marriage. Jesus therefore went, and as they were feasting the wine ran short. His mother accosted Jesus, saying:'They have no wine.' Jesus answered:'What is that to me, mother mine?'

His mother commanded the servants that whatever Jesus should command them they should obey. There were there six vessels for water according to the custom of Israel to purify themselves for prayer. Jesus said:'Fill these vessels with water.' The servants did so. Jesus said unto them:'In the name of God, give to drink unto them that are feasting.'….

Then his disciples believed on him, and many returned to their heart, saying:'Praised be God, who hath mercy upon Israel, and visiteth the house of Judah with love, and blessed be his holy name.'

Note: This is same as what is mentioned in John, but Jesus is respectful to Mary in Barnabas (MUQ).

Chapter 16 Wonderful teaching giving by Jesus to his apostles concerning conversion from the evil life.

One day Jesus called together his disciples and went up on to the mountain, and when he had sat down there his disciples came near unto him; and he opened his mouth and taught them, saying:…

'No man can in any wise serve two masters that are at enmity one with the other: for if the one shall love you, the other will hate you.…

'Verily, blessed are they that mourn this earthly life, for they shall be comforted.

'Blessed are the poor who truly hate the delights of the world, for they shall abound in the delights of the kingdom of God.

'Verily, blessed are they that eat at the table of God, for the angels shall minister unto them.

'Ye are journeying as pilgrims. Doth the pilgrim encumber himself with palaces and fields and other earthly matters upon the way? Assuredly not: but he beareth things light and prized for their usefulness and convenience upon the road.

'Weigh not down your hearts with earthly desires, saying: "Who shall clothe us?" or "Who shall give us to eat?" But behold the flowers and the trees, with the birds, which God our Lord clotheth and nourisheth with greater glory than all the glory of Solomon.

'Tell me, I pray you, if ye should give your money into the bank to a publican, and he should give unto you tenfold and twentyfold, would ye not give to such a man everything that ye had? But I say unto you, verily, that whatsoever ye shall give and shall forsake for love of God, ye receive it back an hundred-fold, and life everlasting. See then how much ye ought to be content to serve God.

Note: These sayings of Jesus are confirmed in other Gospels also (MUQ)

(Abridged)

Since: Dec 12

London, UK

#156179 Dec 16, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
So that is "how" you catch forgeries?
The Spanish text was a "Translation" of some other manuscript. Try to locate that Manuscript.
When Translating, people do add things that are "commonly used" in their countries at the time of translation (so that people might understand it). This might fix the date of Translation, but not the date of Manuscript from which it was translated.
So use your brains and try to dig out the Manuscript of Gospel of Barnabas!!
If any Muslims would have written it, it would have been "widely circulated" amongst Muslims of that time. But the beauty is "No Muslim knew about this Gospel until it came out by coincidence".
So a "Muslim" wrote a false Gospel, and then put it Christian Church and every one forgot about it, till it was discovered centuries later by some one else.
No one "knows" the same of writer, a really "shy character" who is afraid to face people!!
Might be a good Hollywood film plot!!
a holliwood film plot would be better researched and woul never write a historical blooper that Jesus was born during the time when Pilates was governor of palestine!
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#156180 Dec 16, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
... because you're a hopeless case! therefore you are doomed to burn in hell with Mahmood. lol
Thus saith the LORD!

Take your meds.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#156181 Dec 16, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That is HOW you "manufacture" the truth!!
While you eagerly present someone else's "manufactured" truth, Islamotard.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#156182 Dec 16, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
By why target a mosque? Are you insinuating that people might use a Mosque for warfare?
I don't think they targeted the mosque. That too, was a collateral damage.

I did not insinuate that.
bmz

Singapore

#156183 Dec 16, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
... because you're a hopeless case! therefore you are doomed to burn in hell with Mahmood. lol
Brother Jesus agrees with you.
yesyyesyes

Edensor Park, Australia

#156184 Dec 16, 2012
allah is that guy, you know at the kabaa where the pagan quresh tribe had 360 gods , one of them being the moon god, mohammad got rid of them all except the moon god , but kept all the cermonies, kissing black stone, throwing rocks at the wall , circling the kabaa etc, so yeah he was a pagan moon god with three daughters who muhammad said you should worship, then took it back, then he got possessed by a witch, they he flew on a donkey, then he got poisoned by a JEWISH WOMAN, mohammad knew all the prophets where jewish , so he wanted an arabic one , so he made up allah and himself a made up prophet with no prophesies, no miracles and no witness" so yeah this is where allah came from
bmz

Singapore

#156188 Dec 17, 2012
yesyyesyes wrote:
allah is that guy, you know at the kabaa where the pagan quresh tribe had 360 gods , one of them being the moon god, mohammad got rid of them all except the moon god , but kept all the cermonies, kissing black stone, throwing rocks at the wall , circling the kabaa etc, so yeah he was a pagan moon god with three daughters who muhammad said you should worship, then took it back, then he got possessed by a witch, they he flew on a donkey, then he got poisoned by a JEWISH WOMAN, mohammad knew all the prophets where jewish , so he wanted an arabic one , so he made up allah and himself a made up prophet with no prophesies, no miracles and no witness" so yeah this is where allah came from
The pagan Arabs did not worship sun, moon and stars, ignorant fool. They worshipped idols made of stone, wood, etc.

Of course, Muhammad did not show miracles. Another fellow, before him, showed miracles, failed and flopped. What good came out of those useless miracles?
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#156190 Dec 17, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The pagan Arabs did not worship sun, moon and stars, ignorant fool. They worshipped idols made of stone, wood, etc.
Of course, Muhammad did not show miracles. Another fellow, before him, showed miracles, failed and flopped. What good came out of those useless miracles?
http://alisina.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/11...
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#156191 Dec 17, 2012
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#156192 Dec 17, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither he nor his alter ego aka allah were capable of miracles. All this twaddle about miracles are figments of human imagination - all bull$shit, they never happened and meant for people with credulous and feeble minds.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#156193 Dec 17, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
If Mahmood believed in heaven and hell, he wouldn't be talking the way he does. This is bull$hit about hell is meant for gullible people like yourself and bmz because you guys are shit scared of hellfire. Some idiot somewhere down the line has brainwashed you into believing in hell and talked you into accepting that children storybook aka Koran. Might as well believe in Harry Potter.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#156194 Dec 17, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Thus saith the LORD!
Take your meds.
Besides those two comments, can you give us an idea of yur present religion dean non-gentile bu(tteredbuttturdlick)ford!
george whyte

London, UK

#156195 Dec 17, 2012
lol this is where Alex123 aka WM is hiding
bmz

Singapore

#156196 Dec 17, 2012
jesus is wrote:
Ali Sina is another bloody ignorant fool, a scumbag and a megalomaniac. The man is suffering from severe PD (Personality Disorder).
bmz

Singapore

#156197 Dec 17, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither he nor his alter ego aka allah were capable of miracles. All this twaddle about miracles are figments of human imagination - all bull$shit, they never happened and meant for people with credulous and feeble minds.
You just wrote a bullshit again like a true internet junkie, Mahmood.
bmz

Singapore

#156198 Dec 17, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
If Mahmood believed in heaven and hell, he wouldn't be talking the way he does. This is bull$hit about hell is meant for gullible people like yourself and bmz because you guys are shit scared of hellfire. Some idiot somewhere down the line has brainwashed you into believing in hell and talked you into accepting that children storybook aka Koran. Might as well believe in Harry Potter.
Harry Potter is children's story book, also raed and enjoyed by grown up kids like you! That was very foolish of you.

Another internet junkie's remark!

What makes you say that I am shit scared of hell? Only drama queens like you, are shit scared of hell.

If I go to hell, I will be punished for any wrong, which I may have done. Finally, I expect to be let out.

So, what is the big deal?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#156200 Dec 17, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Brother Jesus agrees with you.
lol...thanks brother...but they have one get out clause...
They can pluck their eyes out, cut their hands off...chop off their heads and enter the kingdom as recommended by BJ!!!
You thought "sharia" was bad, but BJ wants full scale chopping..
According to BJ, to stare at a woman lustfully, means naughtiness that requires eyes to be plucked out. and any naughty behaviour in private thinking of that woman means hands to be chopped off...he did not specifically mention the other offending organ to be chopped off!
poor bu(utteredbuttturdlick)ford is in for it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Remembering a Christian and a Jew who traced an... 42 min Eric 17
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) 1 hr Eagle 12 808
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 3 hr Patrick 4,838
Anyone still at this forum Aug 23 Sarah Good 1
When do you know if you are truly Wiccan? (Nov '07) Aug 11 Tekmoses 137
Convert me from Agnostic to Atheist Jul '16 ATHEOI 2
Astrology and Paganism Jun '16 Wolf 1
More from around the web