Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 230284 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#156081 Dec 15, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I read that. If you know who added, then tell me. As I said, it was done for the convenience of others.
Sana manuscripts were scraps and stuff and it was and still is common practice to bury torn and tattered pages of Qur'aan. There is no such thing as Sana Qur'aan. Puin never had a complete "Sana Qur'aan".
I have already told you that the ignorant fool finally admitted that it was only the writing style that mattered.
Read history, deliberate and think what appears to make sense and what does not.
I have read it too that Hajjaj added diacritical marks, but then again it is one of the many Islamic traditions that is not to be trusted. There are many unanswered questions concerning the Koran which makes my suspecion even stronger because I have been conducting some research. How did the Koran orignate? Where did it come from, and when did it first appear? How was it first written? In what kind of language was it written? How was it transmitted from one generation to another especially in its early years? How and by whom was it codified? These questions need to be answered but it seems no has any answers. The whole damn thing is shroudded in mystrey.

Islam is forced to be constantly on the attack because it cannot defend itself. Islam cannot withstand objective scrutiny of its holy scripture and history. The idea that the Koran is the word of god is totally unsupported. Mohamadan scholars are more intent on creating history than examining it. We dont even know if there was a prototype of the Koran from which it was derived. It could be that the Koran was pieced together with disparate materials. The very word "Quran" is derived from Syriac qeryana "recitation, liturgy".

If Puin is an ass&ole, why have the Yemani authorities prevented further research of those manuscripts?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#156082 Dec 15, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read it too that Hajjaj added diacritical marks, but then again it is one of the many Islamic traditions that is not to be trusted. There are many unanswered questions concerning the Koran which makes my suspecion even stronger because I have been conducting some research. How did the Koran orignate? Where did it come from, and when did it first appear? How was it first written? In what kind of language was it written? How was it transmitted from one generation to another especially in its early years? How and by whom was it codified? These questions need to be answered but it seems no has any answers. The whole damn thing is shroudded in mystrey.
Islam is forced to be constantly on the attack because it cannot defend itself. Islam cannot withstand objective scrutiny of its holy scripture and history. The idea that the Koran is the word of god is totally unsupported. Mohamadan scholars are more intent on creating history than examining it. We dont even know if there was a prototype of the Koran from which it was derived. It could be that the Koran was pieced together with disparate materials. The very word "Quran" is derived from Syriac qeryana "recitation, liturgy".
If Puin is an ass&ole, why have the Yemani authorities prevented further research of those manuscripts?
Hello,

There is no question of an if. Puin is an asshole. Do you even know that the ignorant fool is not a scholar of Qur'aan?

He is said to be an expert in Islamic calligraphy and in paleography and that is no great scholarship.

As for your silly line. "The very word "Quran" is derived from Syriac qeryana "recitation, liturgy".", every knowledgeable and well-read person knows that Hebrew, Aramaic and Arabic evolved from the same language and have many words in common.

I commend you on writing like a true internet junkie.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#156083 Dec 15, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm...you and bmz the Qur'aan Scholar disagree about John 14:26. In his book that makes you an "ignorant fool," if not an apostate.
I enjoyed reading MUQ's great line, which only an ignorant fool would not be able to understand and appreciate.

Read that gem of a line again:

"It was a "shock of a life time" when the Comforter came into Arabia in 7th Century CE!!"

I reject all the hocus pocus written by many Johns in John's gospel. There is nothing redeeming in John.

I have already said that if the alleged Holy Spirit had really come and taught what Jesus taught, there would have been no mess over a period of 700 years. And Jesus' teachings would have been the same.

Do you think this so-called holy Spirit taught that God was triune and that Jesus was God? Were those absurdities taught by Jesus?

So, the mother of all questions is: What was this thing known as the Holy Spirit doing over
600-700 years? Misleading people?
uhuh

Sevilla, Spain

#156084 Dec 15, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you can spend some time here: http://www.bprc.org/topics/fulfill.html , and play name substitution.
lol those vague "prophecies of Jesus" require a lot of wishful thinking and imagination for them to even remotely apply to Jesus
I'm talking about prophecies that explicitly mentioned their names - Yeshua/Yehoshua, Machmad/Achmad

of course if there existed such clear-cut prophecies they would not have been recorded down (and the prophet summarily executed)
uhuh

Sevilla, Spain

#156085 Dec 15, 2012
"Only the prophecies which were deemed necessary was written down; those which did not were not written" (Megillah 14a)

"When the Torah was forgotten, Ezra came from Babylon and restored it. It was again forgotten and Hillel ha-zaken came and restored it. Then yet again it was forgotten and R.Hiyya came and restored it" (Sukkah 20a)
uhuh

Sevilla, Spain

#156086 Dec 15, 2012
long before the acronym "TaNaKh" was in use, the scripture was called "Miqra" (e.g. Exo 12:16)

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#156087 Dec 15, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Many things in the Old Scriptures were not corrupted like saying God is one and you shall worship none but Him!!
Deut. 18:18 was a "harmless passage" in which there was no need to "modify or corrupt".
Jews thought it "just like hundreds of other prophesies in the Bible"..... Christians "thought" that it refers to Jesus 100 %, only when our prophet came 600 years ago, then the "real worth" of that prophesy was seen.
By that time, it was not feasible to modify the scriptures, because Muslim scholars did not know about this prophesy, till after many centuries had passed.
The same was with the "comforter" prophesy in Gospel of John. The Christian world was "confident" that Issue of Comforter was solved for ever when they "inserted" "Comforter , which is the Holy Spirit" into that Gospel.
It was a "shock of a life time" when the Comforter came into Arabia in 7th Century CE!!
If you ever dared to read Deut 18:18 you would have known yet that Muhammad had nothing to do with it. The same thing goes for the conforter's account.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#156088 Dec 15, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already said that if the alleged Holy Spirit had really come and taught what Jesus taught, there would have been no mess over a period of 700 years.
If by mess you mean the belief of Trinity ect, then if Muhammad was the comforter than since 700 AC there would have been no mess, or at least not that mess.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text> Jesus' teachings would have been the same.
Do you think this so-called holy Spirit taught that God was triune and that Jesus was God? Were those absurdities taught by Jesus?
So, the mother of all questions is: What was this thing known as the Holy Spirit doing over
I think that the holy spirit was only with the apostales, and forever with them, that means once they died there is no responsibility for them, the holy spirit, whatever you like if the world goes astray from the original teaching. In other words the spirit didn't mislead anyone, let alone 600-700 years.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#156089 Dec 15, 2012
bmz wrote:
I have already said that if the alleged Holy Spirit had really come and taught what Jesus taught, there would have been no mess over a period of 700 years. And Jesus' teachings would have been the same.
Ignorant Fool,

The "alleged Holy Spirit" was leading the Church into all truth, and reminding the Church of everything that Jesus taught. It took some time to get it all worked out doctrinally.

The one who created a bloody mess by misleading people over the period of the last 1300 years or so was none other than that ignorant fool of a "prophet" of yours, a.k.a., MUQ's and Imam Daoudi's "Holy Spirit and/or Comforter."
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#156090 Dec 15, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not go to the "extreme" by saying that "Not a single word in that Gospel was spoken by Jesus" (unless of course you mean that Jesus spoke Aramaic and the Gospel was written in Greek, then this charge shall stick to all four Gospels equally)...
But this Gospel was written in allegorical language and the writers puts "his own words" into the mouth of Jesus.
But nevertheless it does record some sayings of Jesus, we should check it with other three Gospels and decide which words were "probably spoken" by Jesus.
We should not reject 100 % of this Gospel and should not accept 100 % of it either, the same as we do for other three Gospels as well!!
You are right brother MUQ nor do the gospel prove that Jesus even existed.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#156091 Dec 15, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello,
There is no question of an if. Puin is an asshole. Do you even know that the ignorant fool is not a scholar of Qur'aan?
He is said to be an expert in Islamic calligraphy and in paleography and that is no great scholarship.
As for your silly line. "The very word "Quran" is derived from Syriac qeryana "recitation, liturgy".", every knowledgeable and well-read person knows that Hebrew, Aramaic and Arabic evolved from the same language and have many words in common.
I really dont care what he is. I do know that he was invited to decipher the Sana manuscripts. But why are the Yemani authorities preventing the publication of the Sana manuscripts? What have they to worry about. I once spoke to a Russian professor of Islam and he told me that the Sana text is the same Koran we have today, only the chapters are not marked such as Cow, Elephant, Imran, Spoils of War etc.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#156092 Dec 15, 2012
uhuh wrote:
lol those vague "prophecies of Jesus" require a lot of wishful thinking and imagination for them to even remotely apply to Jesus
I'm talking about prophecies that explicitly mentioned their names - Yeshua/Yehoshua, Machmad/Achmad
of course if there existed such clear-cut prophecies they would not have been recorded down (and the prophet summarily executed)
Some of the more "vague prophecies of Jesus," as you put it, are as follows:

The Messiah must...Prophecy...Fulfillment by Jesus

Be born in Bethlehem Micah 5:2 Matthew 2:1; Luke 2:4-7
Be adored by great persons Psalms 72:10-11 Matthew 2:1-11
Be annointed with the Spirit of God Isaiah 11:2, 61:1 Matthew 3:16; John 3:34; Acts 10:38
Be hated without cause Isaiah 49:7; Psalms 69:4 John 15:24-25
Be undesired and rejected by His own people Isaiah 53:2, 63:3; Psalms 69:8 Mark 6:3; Luke 9:58; John 1:11,
Be plotted against by Jews and Gentiles together Psalms 2:1-2 Acts 4:27
Be betrayed by a friend Psalms 41:9, 55:12-24 Matthew 26:21-25, 47-50; John 13:18-21; Acts 1:16-18
Be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver Zechariah 11:12 Matthew 26:16
Have his price given for a potter’s field Zechariah 11:13 Matthew 27:7
Be forsaken by His disciples Zechariah 13:7 Matthew 26:31, 56
Be struck on the cheek Micah 5:1 Matthew 27:30
Be spat on Isaiah 50:6 Matthew 26:67, 27:30
Be mocked Psalms 22:7-8 Matthew 27:31, 39-44
Be beaten Isaiah 50:6 Matthew 26:67, 27:26, 30
Be thirsty during His execution Psalms 22:15 John 19:28
Be given vinegar to quench that thirst Psalms 69:21 Matthew 27:34
Be considered a transgressor Isaiah 53:12 Matthew 27:38
Be buried with the rich when dead Isaiah 53:9 Matthew 27:57-60
Be sought after by Gentiles as well as Jews Isaiah 11:10, 42:1 Acts 10:45
Be accepted by the Gentiles Isaiah 11:10, 42:1-4, 49:1-12 Matthew 12:21; Acts 10:45; Romans 15:9-12
I've thought that anyone with a knowledge of prophecies related to the Jewish Messiah could CREATE a fictional character and name him Joshua (or Jesus) that met each and every Messiah specific prophetic test. On the other hand, if Joshua/Jesus WASN'T invented but in fact lived when the Gospel record says that he did and also met the specific prophetic tests as mentioned above (and more), then what would you say to that?
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#156093 Dec 15, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello,
This is what Puin has to say about the Koran:

Buford

Hurricane, WV

#156094 Dec 15, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what Puin has to say about the Koran:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =iNdvsLh128QXX
Thanks!

Gleanings:

The Sana texts are the oldest surviving remnants of the Qur'an, and they were composed 70 years after Mohammad's death.

Diacritical marks are absent, meaning that the words could mean up to 30 different things.

The text was overwritten, that is, the text CHANGED, suggesting that if Allah revealed the Qur'an verbatim, then those who CHANGED the text later were "rightly guided," or they GUESSED. My guess is that they guessed.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#156099 Dec 15, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoyed reading that, MUQ.
The last line was very impressive.
Salaams
BMZ
Thank you brother for appreciation.

Salaam

MUQ
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#156100 Dec 15, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right brother MUQ nor do the gospel prove that Jesus even existed.
Who can argue with an "expert".

You Give the Judgment and we bow our heads!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#156103 Dec 15, 2012
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-7
Chapter 13 The remarkable fear of Jesus and his prayer, and the wonderful comfort of the angel Gabriel.

Some days having passed, Jesus having in spirit perceived the desire of the priests, ascended the Mount of Olives to pray. And having passed the whole night in prayer, in the morning Jesus praying said:

'O Lord, I know that the scribes hate me, and the priests are minded to kill me, thy servant; therefore, Lord God almighty and merciful, in mercy hear the prayers of the servant, and save me from their snares, for thou art my salvation. Thou knowest, Lord, that I thy servant seek thee alone,

O Lord, and speak thy word; for thy word is truth, which endureth for ever.'

When Jesus had spoken these words, behold there came to him the angel Gabriel, saying:'Fear not, O Jesus, for a thousand thousand who dwell above the heaven guard thy garments, and thou shalt not die till everything be fulfilled, and the world shall be near its end.'…

Note: That is the Holy Spirit (Archangel Gabriel) thru which Jesus was strengthened (MUQ)

Chapter 14 After the fast of forty days, Jesus chooseth twelve apostles.

Jesus descended from the mount, and passed alone by night to the farther side of Jordan, and fasted forty days and forty nights, not eating anything day nor night, making continual supplication to the Lord for the salvation of his people to whom God had sent him.

And when the forty days were passed he was an hungered. Then appeared Satan unto him, and tempted him in many words, but Jesus drove him away by the power of words of God. Satan having departed, the angels came and ministered unto Jesus that whereof he had need.

Jesus, seeing that great was the multitude of them that returned to their heart for to walk in the law of God, went up into the mountain, and abode all night in prayer, and when day was come he descended from the mountain, and chose twelve, whom he called apostles, among whom is Judas, who was slain upon the cross.

Their names are:

1-Andrew and
2- Peter his brother, fishermen;
3- Barnabas, who wrote this,
4- with Matthew the publican, who sat at the receipt of custom;
5- John and
6- James, sons of Zebedee;
7- Thaddaeus and
8- Judas;
9- Bartholomew and
10- Philip;
11- James, and
12- Judas Iscariot the traitor.

To these he always revealed the divine secrets; but the Iscariot Judas he made his dispenser of that which was given in alms, but he stole the tenth part of everything.

Note: The List of 12 Disciples are different in each Gospel, I think they removed the name Barnabas and then each one put his own name (MUQ)
(Abridged)
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#156109 Dec 15, 2012
MUQ wrote:
Chapter 13 The remarkable fear of Jesus and his prayer, and the wonderful comfort of the angel Gabriel.
Some days having passed, Jesus having in spirit perceived the desire of the priests, ascended the Mount of Olives to pray. And having passed the whole night in prayer, in the morning Jesus praying said:
'O Lord, I know that the scribes hate me, and the priests are minded to kill me, thy servant; therefore, Lord God almighty and merciful, in mercy hear the prayers of the servant, and save me from their snares, for thou art my salvation. Thou knowest, Lord, that I thy servant seek thee alone,
When Jesus had spoken these words, behold there came to him the angel Gabriel, saying:'Fear not, O Jesus, for a thousand thousand who dwell above the heaven guard thy garments, and thou shalt not die till everything be fulfilled, and the world shall be near its end.'…
Note: That is the Holy Spirit (Archangel Gabriel) thru which Jesus was strengthened (MUQ)
Jesus descended from the mount, and passed alone by night to the farther side of Jordan, and fasted forty days and forty nights, not eating anything day nor night, making continual supplication to the Lord for the salvation of his people to whom God had sent him.
And when the forty days were passed he was an hungered. Then appeared Satan unto him, and tempted him in many words, but Jesus drove him away by the power of words of God. Satan having departed, the angels came and ministered unto Jesus that whereof he had need.
Jesus, seeing that great was the multitude of them that returned to their heart for to walk in the law of God, went up into the mountain, and abode all night in prayer, and when day was come he descended from the mountain, and chose twelve, whom he called apostles, among whom is Judas, who was slain upon the cross.
Their names are:
1-Andrew and
5- John and
7- Thaddaeus and
8- Judas;
9- Bartholomew and
10- Philip;
11- James, and
To these he always revealed the divine secrets; but the Iscariot Judas he made his dispenser of that which was given in alms, but he stole the tenth part of everything.
Note: The List of 12 Disciples are different in each Gospel, I think they removed the name Barnabas and then each one put his own name (MUQ)
(Abridged)
The Gospel of barnabas is a 16th or 17th century forgery, not that you care about the truth.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#156110 Dec 15, 2012
MUQ wrote:
Their names are:
1-Andrew and
5- John and
7- Thaddaeus and
8- Judas;
9- Bartholomew and
10- Philip;
11- James, and
(Abridged)
Who recorded these words that Jesus allegedly uttered? Barnabas? Where is your proof?

Since: Dec 12

UK

#156114 Dec 15, 2012
the known and established forgery of the gospel of barnaba

In Chapter 54, the Italian text mentions a denarius, which is made up of 60 minuti. These gold coins were used only in Spain under Khalif Abdul Malik (in 685 A.D.).

The Italian poet Dante lived about the time of the composition of the G.o.B.(1265-1321) and it is interesting to notice a number of quotations from Dante's works in the G.o.B. There are many and they can hardly be regarded as coincidences. The G.o.B. quotes Jesus as saying to Peter: "Know ye therefore, that hell is one, yet hath seven centres one below another. Hence, even as sin is of seven kinds, for as seven gates of hell has Satan generated it: So are seven punishments therein." (Chapter 135a). This is exactly what Dante says in Cantos V, VI, etc. of his "Inferno". Again "Barnabas" says that God, having created the human senses, condemned them "to hell and to intolerable snow and ice" (Chapter 106, which corresponds with Cantos XXVIII and III of the "Inferno").

In Chapters 91-92 we are told that Jesus and His disciples kept "the 40 days". The context clearly shows that this refers to the period of Lent before Easter, celebrated by the church, but from a very much later period than the days of the early church

In Chapter 82 mention is made of the "Years of the Jubilee, which now cometh every 100 years." The Year of Jubilee, according to the Old Testament, was every 50th year (after seven times seven years). The origin of this faulty information is as follows: In the year A.D. 1300 Pope Boniface the VIII instituted the Jubilee as a centenary event. Owing to its financial success, however, Pope Clement VI reversed Boniface's decision and celebrated the next Jubilee in 1350. This was thus the only time that the Year of Jubilee was intended as a centenary occasion - it never was in practice

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... 1 hr Shizle 46
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 6 hr Reason Personified 14,712
Doris w/ Spells4free Tue Redd 1
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Aug 19 Dude 12
News Nigeria: Religion, morality and politics Aug 12 jinxi 1
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Jul '15 skylar 108
Shadows and sounds Jul '15 Dizy 1
More from around the web