Who Is Allah?

There are 20 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155682 Dec 8, 2012
Buford wrote:
"You know why...you are deliberately referring to the Holy Quran as koran.
You are referring to Muslims as mohamamdans." ~ Alex1234567890akaWhackiestOfAl lPossibleMuslims
He's wrong. I know for a FACT that you refer to the Qur'an as the Koran, and to mohammadans as Mohammadans, but the Medicated One likes to rewrite history. It's his schtick.
hello anti-gentile christkiller bu(ttturdlick)ford!
Why don't you circumcise yourself again and read the Talmudic writings on Jesus?
Holy Quran is doing fine without you.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#155683 Dec 8, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That was precisely my point. So, it was wrong of you to say that people call Muslims, Mohammadans because they read or say Mohammadan in "'Mohammadan Rasool Allah".
It was the Midevil (Medieval) Christian world that started it and it was heavily used by the Christian polemicists of the last four centuries.
You already know my opinion about these so-called modern scholars, whom I consider half-baked. Hence, no comment on those junkies. Junkies can say whatever they like.
Just because you dont have a good word to say about any scholar, does not mean what they'v written is not true. Forget about old Christians writers, Chritian scholars are now coming out and challenging Christianity, can a Mohammadan scholar do the same about his own religion in Iran or Pakistan?

Critcal Christians regard writings of the Hebrew Bible and the NT as products of human authors who wrote them under the inspiration of the Spirit of God while you guys regard the Koran as the literal word of God and that is a problem. Critical research into the sources of the Koran & Hadith was discouraged and even banned in Islamic countries as result belief in the un-createdness and infallibility of the Koran triumphed over belief in its historicity.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155684 Dec 8, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Never work from memory. Should have been no. 3.
And don't give me that freudian slip bs.
yes dear "honest" person.
No 1 is your category!
You know No. 3 is the best.
Being one of your fellow non-gentile...will Freud get a ticket too?
Do you really think that readers are stupid?
We all know that the chaps in No. 1 will never allow others join it.
They slipped up by inventing Noahidism, a fourth class ticket to nowhere!!!!!!
Enjoy ring side seats with the other 143,999 members!!
But only 12000 from the tribe of Judah will be admitted I guess!
Why does the OT make Judah the biggest murderer in town?
Why does he wipe off all the 11 tribes out of 12?
Does he want all 144000 tickets?
When he realises that the tickets are for a different game with very hot oil and burning fire...it will be too late.
Yep..No. 3 is the BEST.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155685 Dec 8, 2012
Was Ruth a "convert of convenience "to give legitimacy to David?
Any takers?
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#155686 Dec 8, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
That was precisely my point. So, it was wrong of you to say that people call Muslims, Mohammadans because they read or say Mohammadan in "'Mohammadan Rasool Allah".
It was the Midevil (Medieval) Christian world that started it and it was heavily used by the Christian polemicists of the last four centuries.
You already know my opinion about these so-called modern scholars, whom I consider half-baked. Hence, no comment on those junkies. Junkies can say whatever they like.
I call my own relatives Mohammadans and they dont give a rats ass so why does it bother you so much? I told you, the Koran is Mohammad's manifesto to control the credulous minds of those camel dung cleaning Arabs and in the process people like you and I got engulfed due to no fault of our own. The only difference is that you'v stayed and I left.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155687 Dec 8, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
What I am suggesting is that Allah is Mohammad's alter ego and that is why I call you guys Mohammadans. If you read the Koran, Allah is just pawn in this whole grand scheme of Mohammad's. You guys see god as having tailored the Koran's different verses to the varying circumstances Mohammad would encounter. My assumption in contrast is that Mohammad himself was doing the tailoring - even if often unconsciously and even if convinced god was doing it.
Hello bu(ttturdlick)ford's alter ego!
If you read the OT, the god of judah is a pawn.
If you call us muhammadan we shall call you a monkey.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#155688 Dec 8, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Norman Stillman did not answer to your question. You said to him if Moses ever existed and he told you that from a theological point of view he DID all, and from a scientific viewpoint none of it is true, meaning anything it said he dd was false.
So he rejected what he (Moses) did but has not answered about his existence.
Well, he did shrug his shoulders and tell me that there was no Moses, the conversation just didn't end there. Its hard for me to explain over the internet.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#155689 Dec 8, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
Was Ruth a "convert of convenience "to give legitimacy to David?
Any takers?
Was Joseph's Egyptian wife a CONVERT?

Recall, she had TWO tribes of Israel, Manasseh and Ephraim. Yes these TWO TRIBES of Israel had an EGYTIAN mother.

This clearly exposes the LIES of man-made doctrine about mothers i.e. they determine if you are an Israelite. Wake-up, seed of Israel.

Oh Joseph's wife's father was a PAGAN priest. "daughter of Potipherah priest of On " So what would be his daughter?

Also, no converts here "And seest among the captives a beautiful woman, and hast a desire unto her, that thou wouldest have her to thy wife;

12 Then thou shalt bring her home to thine house, and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails;

13 And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.

14 And it shall be, if thou have no delight in her, then thou shalt let her go whither she will; but thou shalt not sell her at all for money, thou shalt not make merchandise of her, because thou hast humbled her."

Tell me, who would CONVERT under these conditions and in 30 days or ONE month? NOBODY!!! ONLY a DECEIVER and a LIAR would suggest otherwise.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#155690 Dec 8, 2012
bmz wrote:
@ Buford
Please read again, as i have added a new term for Christians:
Actually all the Patriarchs and Prophets/Messengers of God were illiterate fellows.
Try to whack and screw Jesus in the Philippines or the Maluku Islands, also known as the Moluccas, or in Africa or among the Egyptian Copts and see how the JESUSARIANS would go berserk and fly into murderous frenzies.
As for the Western Christians, it is perfectly all right for others to bash and screw Jesus in the West. It is fine with them.
By the way, God is a potent He in Christianity too, because God is the Father, not the Mother. Right?
In Islam, God is not the Father.
rabbee: well then i guess that makes, all these religions wrong including your's. more proof to me, that if the world teaches it. then it, is must be a lie. just more proof to me, that your're all the enemy of G-D.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#155691 Dec 8, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he did shrug his shoulders and tell me that there was no Moses, the conversation just didn't end there. Its hard for me to explain over the internet.
Personally I think it doesn't really matter who is to affirm something but rather the evidence(s) that a person brings to support its affermation.

Said this, there are no evidences to affirm Moses existed, as well as there are no evidences to affirm he never existed. So untill one person has no proof to affirm something, those who claim he didn'texist and those who claim he existed, can be putted at the same level.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#155692 Dec 8, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
hello anti-gentile christkiller bu(ttturdlick)ford!
Why don't you circumcise yourself again and read the Talmudic writings on Jesus?
Holy Quran is doing fine without you.
rabbee: well unfortunatly it seems to be doing fine, without G-D too.

as you claim your scriptres written by men, better than any other scriptures written by men. thus fitting, the description of: hypocrite. calling, your book of lies holy. does not make, it holy.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#155693 Dec 8, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Here's the thing, No Nails,
It's very bad manners to ever say to someone, "You will burn in hell" for the alleged sin of calling the MOHAMMADAN holy book the KORAN.
BUFORD TALKING ABOUT MANNERS?

Since when did you hear about the word "Manners", which even Jesus and the Jesusarians never had?
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#155694 Dec 8, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
I call my own relatives Mohammadans and they dont give a rats ass so why does it bother you so much? I told you, the Koran is Mohammad's manifesto to control the credulous minds of those camel dung cleaning Arabs and in the process people like you and I got engulfed due to no fault of our own. The only difference is that you'v stayed and I left.
You can call your relatives even bloody fools. I would not mind.

My point was that you were foolish enough to give an absurd reason for calling Muslims, Mohammadans.

You have accepted that you were wrong, so I have no problem. The word does not bother me.

However, I do pity the ignorant fools, who call Muslims, Mohammadans.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU, were never real Muslims.

I have already proved that by pointing out the blunder you made, when you wrote "Mohammadan Rasool Allah" and gave us the silly reason why Muslims were called Mohammadans.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#155695 Dec 8, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Para by para?
He doesn't address what we give...he addresses his own assumtpions.
He is a robot without stop, rethink, admit mistake, apologise buttons!
Good luck with mr. Stupido Colonic irrigator!!!
Salaams
lol!

Even if SC can address line by line, I would be glad to respond. The problem is that I can neither make a head nor a tail of his posts. He quarrels with his own self and confuses it.

Salaams
BMZ
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#155696 Dec 8, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well then i guess that makes, all these religions wrong including your's. more proof to me, that if the world teaches it. then it, is must be a lie. just more proof to me, that your're all the enemy of G-D.
Rabbee,

Please tell me what keeps on forcing to write G-d? Would God be angry and furious, if you wrote God?

You know jolly well that even God is no name. Right?
uhuh

Valencia, Spain

#155697 Dec 8, 2012
the Rambam codified in his Mishneh Torah that gentiles who follow the "Noahide laws" deserve a portion in the world-to-come
however in the same book he laid down another halacha,

"These do not have a portion at all, they are forever cut-off,
minim - those who accept that there is one God, but maintain that He has a body or form; those who maintain that He was not the sole First Being and Creator of universe; and those who worship other entity to serve as an intermediary between him and God (Christians are clearly referred to here)
koferim ba-Torah (kafir of Torah)- those who deny the oral Law, that is the interpretation of the written Torah, or question the authority of the sages who were its spokesmen; those who insist that the mitzvot in Torah have been replaced or nullified, such as the Muslims and Christians" (hilchot Teshuvah)

if Muslims and Christians do not have a portion in the world-to-come, then who are the Noahides, the "righteous gentiles"?
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#155698 Dec 8, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello bu(ttturdlick)ford's alter ego!
If you read the OT, the god of judah is a pawn.
If you call us muhammadan we shall call you a monkey.
I dont have time to read fiction, the Koran is enough.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#155699 Dec 8, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You can call your relatives even bloody fools. I would not mind.
My point was that you were foolish enough to give an absurd reason for calling Muslims, Mohammadans.
You have accepted that you were wrong, so I have no problem. The word does not bother me.
However, I do pity the ignorant fools, who call Muslims, Mohammadans.
PEOPLE LIKE YOU, were never real Muslims.
I have already proved that by pointing out the blunder you made, when you wrote "Mohammadan Rasool Allah" and gave us the silly reason why Muslims were called Mohammadans.
You are right, I was a once a Mohammadan but not a good one. By this I mean I would fast and pray occassionaly not frequently.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#155700 Dec 8, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You can call your relatives even bloody fools. I would not mind.
My point was that you were foolish enough to give an absurd reason for calling Muslims, Mohammadans.
You have accepted that you were wrong, so I have no problem. The word does not bother me.
However, I do pity the ignorant fools, who call Muslims, Mohammadans.
PEOPLE LIKE YOU, were never real Muslims.
I have already proved that by pointing out the blunder you made, when you wrote "Mohammadan Rasool Allah" and gave us the silly reason why Muslims were called Mohammadans.
Do you know that in 18th CE Europe, the scientific and philosophical revolution led to the cultural revolution of the Enlightenment, which finally also resulted in a political revolution. It was when traditional values of the church and theological institutions were largely rejected and mocked by the intellectual elite.

The leading figure of the French Enlightenment was Voltaire, philosopher and critic of the church. A large scale process of secularization and emancipation began which later spilled over to other places in Europe. Witch trials and the burning of witches was no longer the norm and the Bible became by far the most throughly invetigated book in world literature. Can a thing like this happen in an Islamic country? Absolutely not. Will there ever be a thorough investigation on the sources of the Koran? Absolutely not. Can anyone publicly challenge the authenticity of the Koran based on evidence? Absolutely not.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#155701 Dec 8, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
BUFORD TALKING ABOUT MANNERS?
Since when did you hear about the word "Manners", which even Jesus and the Jesusarians never had?
rabbee: manners according, to whose standard?

the bad manners of this, whole world against G-D. are not in any position, to determine what is good or bad manners. your all just bad manners, in opposition or agreement to each other.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Sat thetruth 14,656
Dreams Apr 28 ChannieB 1
Coincidence or some kind of sign? Apr 24 ChristySoy 1
No, Easter does NOT have pagan origins Apr 3 Skeptical 1
News Iowa woman to make history with nation's first ... Apr '15 cindy mccurry 1
Great News for Pagans (Feb '07) Mar '15 Gary Coaldigger 278
News In far-flung US territories, gay marriage hasn'... Mar '15 Belle Sexton 2
More from around the web