Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,614

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#155656 Dec 7, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well lets see, so far this time 68 + the previous 33 years = 101years that i know of personally. not counting any possible, very short visits, where i was not here to reside.
and i never even got a visit, from agents skulder, mulley or doggone.
I thought you were also Adam, the first man ever walked this planet...
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#155657 Dec 7, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, Mahmood
That is really silly and an absurd reasoning.
Were you really ever a Muslim before? If you were a Muslim, as you say, is that the way you read out the "shahadah"?
No Muslim ever reads or says or declares this way: "Mohammadan Rasool Allah". Crazy! You cracked me up!
Muslims will say: Muhammadur-Rasoolal-lah
The Midevil anti-Islam folks, I mean the Medieval Christian Crusaders and the folks of the modern Christianity started calling Muslims, Mohammadans because those ignorant fools thought of Muslims as his followers only.
The point is that your argument was wrong and you made it up. You shot your own foot!
I went to majalises, did matam, grieved for Hussain & his family, all for nothing. And you are right, it is actually Mohammad-ur-rasool allah. We also went one step further, we said "Ali an waliullah, wasi an rasool allah". I dont care what Christians called you, but you guys are Mohammadans. I say this because I firmly believe that Allah is Mohammads alter ego, at least in the Koranic sense. I guess I read the shahadah all wrong throught my life, but what does it matter now. As far as I am concerned, Islam is just another dessert cult.

I would advise you to read this wonderful book called "The Evolution of God" by Robert Wright. In it he says "And as for the business about Moses leading Hebrews out of bondage: There was no mass Exodus from Egypt writes Frinkelstein".

He then goes to say "But some biblical historians now doubt that Moses even existed, and virtually none now believe that the biblical accounts of Moses are reliable. These stories were written down centuries after the events they describe....."

I was once at a seminar in Toronto and the lecturer was Norman Stillman from the Univ of Oklahoma. I asked him if Moses ever existed and did he write the Torah. His answer to me was that from a theological perspective he did all of the above but if examined from a scientific perspective, none of it is true.

So you see brother bmz, stories about Khider, Moses, two horned one, Gog Magog, Jonah, Lot, She Camel, Ad & Thamud, Sodom & Gamorah, Uzair, dessert wondering for 40 years, armies drowning, sleeping for 300 years etc are excellent bedtime stories for children. Had my kids been younger, I would have relied on the Koran to keep them entertained.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#155658 Dec 7, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Having said that, you are a Moron who hasn't a clue about Christianity or Islam.
Oh sorry, you claim that you have married one of our white Christian women who is not interested in what 1300 million Catholics believe in, namely father/son/ghost trinity!
If you cannot respect my religion why should I respect you.
If I call you a monkey will you like it?
You can correct me and then I will not call you a monkey!
Similarly I am correcting you here:
I am a Muslim and not Muhammedan.
So address me properly.
My religious book is referred to as The Quran not koran/coran.
Until then you can keep posting from anti muslim sites posing as an ex muslim!
Rasool...is NOT God!
You must first go away and understand what Islam is!!
"Submission in peace to the Will of God (not of Muhammed)in pursuit of peace"
A Muslim is the person who submits in peace to the Will of God (not of Muhammed) in pursuit of peace"
A mohammdan is a derisory term and you know it -just like koran/coran is.
Is Muhammad or Muslim or a Muhammdan?
Are you suggesting that only Muhammed was a Muslim and all are muhammadan?
You really are a moron.
What I am suggesting is that Allah is Mohammad's alter ego and that is why I call you guys Mohammadans. If you read the Koran, Allah is just pawn in this whole grand scheme of Mohammad's. You guys see god as having tailored the Koran's different verses to the varying circumstances Mohammad would encounter. My assumption in contrast is that Mohammad himself was doing the tailoring - even if often unconsciously and even if convinced god was doing it.
Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#155659 Dec 7, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you that there was no Torah before 500BC? The people just did not come up with a book in a flash after 500 BC.
What makes you think that David may have existed? Did you find him mentioned elsewhere in History?
That is why I have told you many times that all the past events came through the generations of people, who were in the region. The subject of History and the historians arrived long, long after.
Same goes for archaeologists.
Go researach the Torah and find out for yourself. Oral tradition is not history and human memory is unrealiable and for this reason, the Koran is suspect as well. I doubt if Mohammad wrote the whole Koran.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#155660 Dec 7, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
Go researach the Torah and find out for yourself. Oral tradition is not history and human memory is unrealiable and for this reason, the Koran is suspect as well. I doubt if Mohammad wrote the whole Koran.
Mohammad, being ILLITERATE, as some Muslims believe, didn't write any of the KORAN. Rather, he dictated it while his devoted scribes, a.k.a., MOHAMMADANS, recorded what he said.

I should add that devout MOHAMMADANS believe that the KORAN is the pure and unadulterated word of Allah, as though Mohammad was simply a human radio tuned to Allah's frequency, he himself having no input into or veto power over what was "revealed" by Allah via Jibreel. This is why MOHAMMADANS fly into murderous frenzies whenever the KORAN is desecrated. It is as though Allah HIMSELF (yes, the masculine pronoun is preferred in Islam) has been harmed, and of course, all such insults to the Majesty MUST BE AVENGED BY THE SLAVES!!!@!@!!!@

Buford

Hurricane, WV

#155661 Dec 7, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
In case you missed it, according to Alex 123456789akaWhackyMuslim, "You will burn in hell."

Here's hoping that you have fire insurance.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#155662 Dec 7, 2012
"You know why...you are deliberately referring to the Holy Quran as koran.
You are referring to Muslims as mohamamdans." ~ Alex1234567890akaWhackiestOfAl lPossibleMuslims

He's wrong. I know for a FACT that you refer to the Qur'an as the Koran, and to mohammadans as Mohammadans, but the Medicated One likes to rewrite history. It's his schtick.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#155663 Dec 7, 2012
Meanwhile...

Senior al-Qaida leader killed in drone strike in Pakistan, jihadis, US officials say
http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/...

Excerpt:

The news was first announced on an al-Qaida web forum early Friday.“We celebrate to you the news of the martyrdom of the working scholar Shaykh Khalid al-Hussainan (Abu Zaid al-Kuwaiti) while eating his Suhoor (dawn time) meal, and we ask Allah to accept him in paradise," a post said.

Hurricane, WV

#155664 Dec 7, 2012
They didn't say the magic word.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#155665 Dec 7, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you want to turn around the point without face it.

If you think that if you were wrong the Jews would have pointed out this yet, then according to your logic I am not wrong as well, since none of them told am wrong. But aside this, I do remember in the past that they admitted YHVH is its name and in an occasion MAAT correct you giving me right. Now rabbee this is part by correcting you.

Is this what there is written? "You shall not take the name of the Lord, your God, in vain, for the Lord will not hold blameless anyone who takes His name in vain."

The question is the following, which name the god his lord does not want to be said/pronunced in vain?
May the good LORD shower more patience upon me, when dealing with you.

I wrote this:

"It is funny that you question and provide answers, which you fail to understand.
Wrong!

It wasn't said and it wasn't written : "Thou shall not take the name of the Lord."

It was said and it was written: "Thous shall not take the name of thy LORD in vain."

That means, one shall not take the name of the LORD in vain deeds, false oaths, false swearing, etc.

Moses was calling the LORD most of the time. If you read Jewish Scriptures, you will find instructions to remember the LORD and teach/preach/pray, etc., while sitting, standing and lying down.

When praying to the LORD was not forbidden, how could calling the name of the LORD fall in VAIN?
Do people pray to the LORD by spelling out a G, a hyphen and a D?

God is not the son of a man or a man to have a name. You can give beautiful names to God and there is no harm. Moses called God Almighty LORD, which is Adonai in Hebrew.

You are the one, who mentions it, so you should ask. If I were wrong, the members of Jewish faith would have certainly posted a note to correct me.

Where do you see G-d in here? "

Also, I had given you the links to Jewish sources, where God was spelled properly and you do not see any G-d there. Did you read at the two links which I gave you? Obviously not!

And now you write: " The question is the following, which name the god his lord does not want to be said/pronunced in vain?"

Is that what you understand by 'taking the name of the LORD in vain"?

Girls getting fucked, cry in ecstasy "Oh my God!" This is an example of calling the name of God in vain. Do you think God gave another name to be called in vain deeds?

One cannot tell his friend, "By God, I will take that girl to bed and fuck her!" This will be calling the name of God in vain.

A man deceives another by promising him in the name of God that he would help him in distress, swears upon God but does not keep that particular promise. That is an example of calling the name of God in vain.

Do you think God gave Moses another name for such activities? LMAO! You crack me up!

Why can't you understand?

Next time, please address my post para by para in separate short posts, as I do with Mahmood.

bmz

Singapore

#155666 Dec 7, 2012
Buford wrote:
Meanwhile...
Senior al-Qaida leader killed in drone strike in Pakistan, jihadis, US officials say
http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/...
Excerpt:
The news was first announced on an al-Qaida web forum early Friday.“We celebrate to you the news of the martyrdom of the working scholar Shaykh Khalid al-Hussainan (Abu Zaid al-Kuwaiti) while eating his Suhoor (dawn time) meal, and we ask Allah to accept him in paradise," a post said.
Thanks for the news. How many more Senior Al-Qaidah leaders are left? Why can't the US finish 'em all? That should be fast, so that people can live in peace and harmony, after the trouble-makers have left.

Disaster in Iraq, Disaster in Afghanistan and Disaster in Pakistan.

Please inform all the old hags at Capitol Hill to stop this useless war of terror, which is not wroking at all and has turned into a Disaster for the US.

Thanks

bmz

Singapore

#155667 Dec 7, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>In case you missed it, according to Alex 123456789akaWhackyMuslim, "You will burn in hell."
Here's hoping that you have fire insurance.
Fire insurance will not help. Brother Jesus agrees with eternal damnation. Does the Lake of Fire ring a bell?

So, how can you save ex-Mohammadan Mahmood? Do you think Christianity can save and provide fire insurance?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#155668 Dec 7, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you were also Adam, the first man ever walked this planet...
rabbee: The fist occurance of Adam, has already happened two days of G-D ago. and this is the end, of the sixth day again. and as you can see, i am still the pnly person here in TheTorah today. because all of you, are not here in it.

there are more than six billion of you, claiming to not be here in TheStory of Creation again. so i am the only one, here in IT. G-D does not recognize any of you, who claim your not here in TheTorah. G-D does not see, anyone not here in TheTorah as men. your all just a bunch, of talking critters.

you do not get credit as a man, just because talking critters errantly think they are men. calling yourself a man, does not make you a man in G-D'S EYES. a man is someone, who is here in TheStory of Creation THEY are giving again.

bmz

Singapore

#155669 Dec 7, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are right, it is actually Mohammad-ur-rasool allah.
That was precisely my point. So, it was wrong of you to say that people call Muslims, Mohammadans because they read or say Mohammadan in "'Mohammadan Rasool Allah".

It was the Midevil (Medieval) Christian world that started it and it was heavily used by the Christian polemicists of the last four centuries.

You already know my opinion about these so-called modern scholars, whom I consider half-baked. Hence, no comment on those junkies. Junkies can say whatever they like.

bmz

Singapore

#155670 Dec 8, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Mohammad, being ILLITERATE, as some Muslims believe, didn't write any of the KORAN. Rather, he dictated it while his devoted scribes, a.k.a., MOHAMMADANS, recorded what he said.
I should add that devout MOHAMMADANS believe that the KORAN is the pure and unadulterated word of Allah, as though Mohammad was simply a human radio tuned to Allah's frequency, he himself having no input into or veto power over what was "revealed" by Allah via Jibreel. This is why MOHAMMADANS fly into murderous frenzies whenever the KORAN is desecrated. It is as though Allah HIMSELF (yes, the masculine pronoun is preferred in Islam) has been harmed, and of course, all such insults to the Majesty MUST BE AVENGED BY THE SLAVES!!!@!@!!!@
Actually all the Patriarchs and Prophets/Messengers of God were illiterate fellows.

Try to whack and screw Jesus in the Philippines or the Maluku Islands, also known as the Moluccas, or in Africa or among the Egyptian Copts and see how they would go berserk and fly into murderous frenzies.

As for the Western Christians, it is perfectly all right for others to bash and screw Jesus in the West. It is fine with them.

By the way, God is a potent He in Christianity too, because God is the Father, not the Mother. Right?

In Islam, God is not the Father.

bmz

Singapore

#155671 Dec 8, 2012
@ Buford

Please read again, as i have added a new term for Christians:

Actually all the Patriarchs and Prophets/Messengers of God were illiterate fellows.

Try to whack and screw Jesus in the Philippines or the Maluku Islands, also known as the Moluccas, or in Africa or among the Egyptian Copts and see how the JESUSARIANS would go berserk and fly into murderous frenzies.

As for the Western Christians, it is perfectly all right for others to bash and screw Jesus in the West. It is fine with them.

By the way, God is a potent He in Christianity too, because God is the Father, not the Mother. Right?

In Islam, God is not the Father.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#155672 Dec 8, 2012
bmz wrote:
Fire insurance will not help. Brother Jesus agrees with eternal damnation. Does the Lake of Fire ring a bell?
So, how can you save ex-Mohammadan Mahmood? Do you think Christianity can save and provide fire insurance?
Here's the thing, No Nails,

It's very bad manners to ever say to someone, "You will burn in hell" for the alleged sin of calling the MOHAMMADAN holy book the KORAN.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#155673 Dec 8, 2012
bmz wrote:
That was precisely my point. So, it was wrong of you to say that people call Muslims, Mohammadans because they read or say Mohammadan in "'Mohammadan Rasool Allah".
It was the Midevil (Medieval) Christian world that started it and it was heavily used by the Christian polemicists of the last four centuries.
You already know my opinion about these so-called modern scholars, whom I consider half-baked. Hence, no comment on those junkies. Junkies can say whatever they like.
I call Muslims MOHAMMADANS for two main reasons:

1. Mohammad MUST be mentioned by name in the Muslim confession of faith, the Shahada, otherwise it isn't an authentic conversion or "reversion" to Islam. It strikes me as odd that the one religion on earth that most apoplectically declares that Allah has no partners has in fact made Mohammad Allah's indispensable partner on earth.

2. Muslims worship Mohammad -hailed as the *Perfect Man*. See: The Doctrine of the Perfect Man (Al-Insan al-Kamil) and its Significance Today
http://www.israinternational.com/the-perfect-... - when the records as compiled by the earliest MOHAMMADANS like Ibn Ishaq, Bukhari, Tabari, Muslim, et al., clearly show him to be a lying, thieving, rape enabling, sadist and murderer. The willingness of MOHAMMADANS to forgive the man his many glaring faults because he was serving "the cause of Allah" is nothing less than idolatry.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#155674 Dec 8, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
I was once at a seminar in Toronto and the lecturer was Norman Stillman from the Univ of Oklahoma. I asked him if Moses ever existed and did he write the Torah. His answer to me was that from a theological perspective he did all of the above but if examined from a scientific perspective, none of it is true.
I think Norman Stillman did not answer to your question. You said to him if Moses ever existed and he told you that from a theological point of view he DID all, and from a scientific viewpoint none of it is true, meaning anything it said he dd was false.

So he rejected what he (Moses) did but has not answered about his existence.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#155675 Dec 8, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the news. How many more Senior Al-Qaidah leaders are left? Why can't the US finish 'em all? That should be fast, so that people can live in peace and harmony, after the trouble-makers have left.
Disaster in Iraq, Disaster in Afghanistan and Disaster in Pakistan.
Please inform all the old hags at Capitol Hill to stop this useless war of terror, which is not wroking at all and has turned into a Disaster for the US.
Thanks
The US can't "finish 'em all" because Al-Qaidah takes its marching orders directly from the KORAN.

KORAN:2:216 "Jihad is ordained for you, though you dislike it. But it is possible that you dislike a thing which is good for you, and like a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knows, and you know not."

KORAN:33:22 "Among the Believers are men who have been true to their covenant with Allah and have gone out for Jihad. Some have completed their vow to extreme and have been martyred fighting and dying in His Cause, and some are waiting, prepared for death in battle."

KORAN:9:111 "Allah has purchased the believers, their lives and their goods. For them (in return) is the Garden (of Paradise). They fight in Allah's Cause, and they slay and are slain; they kill and are killed."

Bukhari:V1B2N25 "Allah's Apostle was asked,'What is the best deed?' He replied,'To believe in Allah and His Apostle Muhammad.' The questioner then asked,'What is the next best in goodness?' He replied,'To participate in Jihad, religious fighting in Allah's Cause.'"

You see, then, that the only way to "finish 'em all" is to redact all ayats from the KORAN that advocate jihad, which is another way of saying that Mohammad must be discredited as a prophet, but no MOHAMMADAN would ever abide this insult to his idol, no matter how "moderate" and "peaceable" he is. Isn't that so?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Storm Clan (Jun '07) 21 hr Terry Hiltibidal 3
Satanists Unveil Design for Statehouse Statue (Jan '14) Dec 22 thefinestallmoved... 18
torn sash Dec 21 Wanderinsoul 1
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Dec 10 God worships Sin ... 14,477
Student expelled for casting a spell (Jan '14) Nov '14 Stay6c 6
Is reincarnation real?? (Feb '11) Nov '14 holysupremacy 70
Looking to correspond with Pagan's Nov '14 GordonM 1
More from around the web