Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256619 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155357 Dec 3, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Alex---The Jews reject Christian claims not because they reject God but because they reject the man as their Prophet/Messenger
HughBe--- I take it that by Jews you mean JUDAITES or members of Judaism. I know that this is what you mean because I am confident that that you are aware that there are many Jews who have REJECTED ALL gods.
How can a person know that they have not rejected God?
Hello HughBe, I was referring to those who adhere to the faith of Judaism as we know it today.

Yes, there may be Jews by race who reject God just like members of others races including Arabs who reject God.

Those who reject God do cause problems.

There may also be people who call themselves Jews by faith and still reject God.

I wish to remain neutral here because there are many who claim to be Muslims and behave like brutes.

Please correct me if I misunderstood your question.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#155358 Dec 3, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello HughBe, I was referring to those who adhere to the faith of Judaism as we know it today.
Yes, there may be Jews by race who reject God just like members of others races including Arabs who reject God.
Those who reject God do cause problems.
There may also be people who call themselves Jews by faith and still reject God.
I wish to remain neutral here because there are many who claim to be Muslims and behave like brutes.
Please correct me if I misunderstood your question.
Nothing is wrong with your answer, Alex. The fact is there are those who believe that they have NOT rejected God but in reality they have done so both in words and actions.

If a person does the things that they know are contrary to God's commandments and do what he wants to do then such a person has REJECTED God.

I have to go.

Eric

Sugar Grove, IL

#155359 Dec 3, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is Allah?
Your God and my God.
THe pure God who does not favour one race or tribe but all humans.
OK, deep breath. Inhale, exhale.

MUQ has posted the entire Gospel of Barnabas twice before. He is starting again. He complains when others cut and paste, but sees nothing wrong with taking up two panels with stuff he has posted twice before.

In the US for a long time the Summer was a time for TV re-runs. Since then, summer re-runs has been a colloquialism for repeating one self over and over. MUQ meets that hands down.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#155360 Dec 3, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no contradiction and please read my note again.
I read it and discarded it.
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you mean anthropopathic?
The lack of the last "h" in the word anthropopathic, makes you wonder if that is the word I was talking about? LOL
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your interpretation of it..and how do you assume Allah is that!
By the way, talking about asisine language, where you are the expert, don't you know that when you make a question you should end up with the question mark (?), and not with other punctuation marks?

By that term I meant to attribute human feelings to a god. If you reject the idea of an anthropomorphic god then by coherent reasoning you should reject the idea of an anthropopathic god as well.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#155361 Dec 3, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is wrong with your answer, Alex. The fact is there are those who believe that they have NOT rejected God but in reality they have done so both in words and actions.
If a person does the things that they know are contrary to God's commandments and do what he wants to do then such a person has REJECTED God.
I have to go.
One thing I would agree on is that Hughbe is in all likelihood an expert on rejection.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155362 Dec 3, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is wrong with your answer, Alex. The fact is there are those who believe that they have NOT rejected God but in reality they have done so both in words and actions.
If a person does the things that they know are contrary to God's commandments and do what he wants to do then such a person has REJECTED God.
I have to go.
If a person does things that he/she knows are contrary to his/her God's commandments and does what he/she wants to do then such a person has rejected his/her model of God.
There are many religions and many "gods" and therefore, rejection of some "gods" is not a bad thing.
Peace
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155363 Dec 3, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
I read it and discarded it.
<quoted text>
The lack of the last "h" in the word anthropopathic, makes you wonder if that is the word I was talking about? LOL
<quoted text>
By the way, talking about asisine language, where you are the expert, don't you know that when you make a question you should end up with the question mark (?), and not with other punctuation marks?
By that term I meant to attribute human feelings to a god. If you reject the idea of an anthropomorphic god then by coherent reasoning you should reject the idea of an anthropopathic god as well.
Good for you.
I am off to pray (or should I say bray for you to understand?)
more ?? and more !! and more ..
As I am not God I will only understand God in terms of my feelings my ability to comprehend logic, dimension, emotion and others, but that does not mean that the creator-God is restricted by those created qualities.
full stop.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155364 Dec 3, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, deep breath. Inhale, exhale.
MUQ has posted the entire Gospel of Barnabas twice before. He is starting again. He complains when others cut and paste, but sees nothing wrong with taking up two panels with stuff he has posted twice before.
In the US for a long time the Summer was a time for TV re-runs. Since then, summer re-runs has been a colloquialism for repeating one self over and over. MUQ meets that hands down.
I was not asking for an explanation of your witty "re-run" remark as I experience it in UK USA and Canada.
My poser was simple..
Who is Allah?
The ONLY God worthy of worship.
george whyte

London, UK

#155365 Dec 3, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>

That God will NEVER be tribal, racist, bigoted anti-gentile minigod or a human version of that minigod.
Therefore, Allah is the falseGod.
your allah says muslims are the best of manking
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155366 Dec 3, 2012
george whyte wrote:
<quoted text>your allah says muslims are the best of manking
man-king is not my God! That aside....
YES, Muslims ARE the Best.
For this purpose Jesus is a Muslim by definition!
Now go find out what "Muslim" means.
You can become a Muslim (ANY human being who submits to the Will of God in peace in search of peace) this instant.
But you cannot become a semitic Jew without blood transfusion and plastic surgery!!
george whyte

London, UK

#155367 Dec 3, 2012
lol who told you that..your jew hating immam

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#155368 Dec 3, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you.
I am off to pray (or should I say bray for you to understand?)
more ?? and more !! and more ..
Seen your qualities I'm not surprised tha you bray, or that you pray braying.

Again, learn how to use punctuation marks properly.
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
As I am not God I will only understand God in terms of my feelings my ability to comprehend logic, dimension, emotion and others, but that does not mean that the creator-God is restricted by those created qualities.
full stop.
The second mistake is that you understand what you call god by using your limits, which is a silly thing to say the least. At this point is better being ignorant about its existence than making things up.

The third mistake is that I wasn't talking about why do you conceive or understand god in terms of your feeling, logic, dimension but rather why the Quran describe the god you believe in as an athropopathic one?

So, let me ask you again, why do you believe in a god that your noble book describe it having human qualities?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155369 Dec 3, 2012
george whyte wrote:
lol who told you that..your jew hating immam
or Your jew hating sadhu?
or the Jew hating priest who knows that Jews killed his God according to Gospels?
Muslims are not worried about any of this nonsense.
Jews did NOT kill Jesus. simple...
you are a saddo who is unable to come clean about his own religion.
keep licking asses...thats what you are fit for.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155370 Dec 3, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Seen your qualities I'm not surprised tha you bray, or that you pray braying.
Again, learn how to use punctuation marks properly.
<quoted text>
The second mistake is that you understand what you call god by using your limits, which is a silly thing to say the least. At this point is better being ignorant about its existence than making things up.
The third mistake is that I wasn't talking about why do you conceive or understand god in terms of your feeling, logic, dimension but rather why the Quran describe the god you believe in as an athropopathic one?
So, let me ask you again, why do you believe in a god that your noble book describe it having human qualities?
First go away and learn some English.
Then you will understand these very simple concepts.
Can you describe the 7th dimension in human terms?
Try it!
Eric

Sugar Grove, IL

#155371 Dec 3, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not asking for an explanation of your witty "re-run" remark as I experience it in UK USA and Canada.
My poser was simple..
Who is Allah?
The ONLY God worthy of worship.
Then ask and not tack it on the rebuke of MUQ.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#155372 Dec 3, 2012
Allah – The Greatest Deceiver of them All
http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/allah_...

The Quran describes Allah as the best deceiver there is, a liar who is not above using the same evil and wicked schemes of his opponents.

For example, the Quran calls Allah a makr, in fact the best makr there is:

But they (the Jews) were deceptive, and Allah was deceptive, for Allah is the best of deceivers (Wamakaroo wamakara Allahu waAllahu khayru al-makireena)! S. 3:54; cf. 8:30

Other texts that identify Allah as a makr include:

Are they then secure from Allah's deception (makra Allahi)? None deemeth himself secure from Allah's deception (makra Allahi) save folk that perish. S. 7:99

So they schemed a scheme: and We schemed a scheme (Wamakaroo makran wamakarna makran), while they perceived not. S. 27:50

The word for deception/deceiver/scheme is makr. The lexical sources define the term as:

Miim-Kaf-Ra = To practice deceit or guile or circumvention, practice evasion or elusion, to plot, to exercise art or craft or cunning, act with policy, practice stratagem.
__________

Qur'an 4:157 clinches it:

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

That is, Allah DECEIVED everyone associated with the ALLEGED crucifiction of Jesus, including Mary, who had no idea that her son was still alive, somewhere.

He could have told her, but the Qur'an makes no mention of it, so IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#155373 Dec 3, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
First go away and learn some English.
Then you will understand these very simple concepts.
Can you describe the 7th dimension in human terms?
Try it!
There you go with Straw man fallacy.
Mahmood

Schomberg, Canada

#155374 Dec 3, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go with Straw man fallacy.
Dont waste your time with this Alexia guy. This convert quotes the Bible like a banshee but when it comes to the Koran, he is a complete dud. I doubt if he has ever read the Koran.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#155375 Dec 3, 2012
LOL!
10 th LIGHT HORSE WA

Australia

#155376 Dec 3, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
ANY CONTRADICTION?
Let's give a look to the quranic verses 2:62 and 4:150-151 to verify whether or not there is contradiction.
Quran 2:62
Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
Quran 4:150-151
Those who deny Allah and His messengers, and (those who) wish to separate Allah from His messengers, saying: "We believe in some but reject others": And (those who) wish to take a course midway,-
They are in truth (equally) unbelievers; and we have prepared for unbelievers a humiliating punishment.
If the above translations are correct we do read that in Quran 2:62 Christians and Jews, ect will have a good reward, paradise, whilst Quran 4:150-151 says that those who believe in some prophets and reject others will have a harsh punishment.
The reality is that Christians and Jews reject Muhammad's claim, that according to Quran, he's a prophet of god. That means they will have a bad punishment, as said in Quran 4:150-151 but Quran 2:61 says they will have a good reward, for the simple reason they are Christians and Jews.
The two verses are in obvious contradiction.
Bit of a contradiction about old Muhummad sticking it to Aeisha at 9 yrs old if you know what I mean

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Feb 28 guest 119
News Looking for a Pagan community in Kentucky? (Mar '12) Feb 27 Not a modern Chri... 15
News Man wins OK to wear goat horns in driver's lice... Feb 26 stalk this 19
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) Feb '17 Eagle 12 4,947
omens of dead animals (Aug '08) Feb '17 Nicole Orsak 117
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Feb '17 Kcreoke 2
News 'Everyone will be Muslim because of our stupidi... Jan '17 Rabbeen Al Jihad 20
More from around the web