Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256291 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Qadir mengal

Islamabad, Pakistan

#155318 Dec 2, 2012
QUESTIONS OF JOE ABOUT ISLAM
Who=Joe Honest questions to all Muslims...
Why do you continue following Islam? Why is it important for you to remain Muslim? What is your relationship to God? What is God's relationship to you? What is the outcome of your faith? How does a Muslim deal with sin? Finally, what is the nature of God?[Please describe Him]
Thank you
Who Mengal.
Dear Joe,
1- Because there is no other alternative but to obey the creator, whom we called Allah, as same is evident from His last message the holy Quran. The word Islam means one,s surrendering His will before the creator UN-conditionally and carry His ordains. Is in your Opinion the creator of this universe is not deserve to be obeyed? Or having no power or ability to fulfill his words or transmit it in to actions..
2-For two reasons, first He is the only power, creator, cherisher to be worshiped and It is His right, Second for our own benefit because that Power in his last Message clearly has mentioned that he who did not obey him he will deprive him in the next life from Paradise which He has prepared for those who obey Him and spent their life according to His teachings And further also sent him to Hell fire which He prepared for those who reject Him and not accept Him. Dear Joe, if this claim becomes true on tomorrow, and we human beings really would raise by this power or creator than please tell me who will be in Loss. so Why we spent un necessary a life or cling upon any ideology which having no hope of paradise or fear of Hell fire, Therefore best way being an intellectual is that we die on this idea or religion ,if that tomorrow not becomes true even than we get no any loss ,but if same becomes true than tell what happen with rejectors .they surely will be burnt in Hell fire.
Qadir mengal

Islamabad, Pakistan

#155319 Dec 2, 2012
3-We are no more than a slave or servant or a little creature and looking His mercy to forgive our fault or shortcomings, and on the day of judgment raise us with his those slaves or servants to whom He pleased and deserved them to enter in to Paradise. While to save us from those who earned His wrath in this world, and their abode will become Hell fire for ever.

Say [O Muhammad (SAW)]
"He is Allah,(The) One."

Allah the Self-Sufficient, Master.
Whom all creatures need,
(He neither eats nor drinks)

He begets not,
Nor was He begotten.

And there is none co-equal
Or comparable unto Him.

Say [O Mohammad (SAW)]
Invoke Allah or invoke the (most
Gracious) Rahman by whatever name
You invoke Him (It is the same),
For to Him belong the best names.

So as in chapter 7 verse 180 Quran says :

And (all) the Most beautiful
Names belong to Allah,
So call on Him by them.

In Chapter 59 verse 24 Quran Says

He is Allah, the creator,
The Inventor of all things,
The Bestowal of forms,
To Him belong best Names.

Holy Quran S.II - 255
Allah! There is no God
But He____ the living
The self-subsisting, Eternal.
No slumber can seize Him
Nor sleep. His are all things
In the heaven and on earth
Who is there can intercede
In His presence except.
As He permitted? He knowth
What (appeareth to His creatures As)
Before or after or behind them.
Nor shall they compass
Aught of His knowledge
Except as He willeth.
His throne doth extend,
Over the heavens
And the earth, and he feeleth
No fatigue in guarding
And preserving them
For he is the most High,
The supreme (in glory).

S-1, 1-15 Holy Quran
Praise be to Allah
The cherisher & sustainer of
The world;
Most Gracious, Most Merciful;
Master of the day of Judgment
Thee do we worship,
And thine aid we seek
Show us the straight-way;
The way of those on whom
Thou hast bestowed the grace,
Thou whose (portion)
Is not wrath;
And who go not astray.

Qadir mengal

Islamabad, Pakistan

#155320 Dec 2, 2012
4- Supreme success is that if lord almighty god make us success in the test of this world and include us in those, from whom He pleased and they carry His orders obeyed him as He ordained .than naturally enter us on the day of judgment in to Paradise or heaven where there will be no more any further toil and a believer will get every thing whatever he wishes. And rejecter will burn in hell fire for ever .

5-Sin is a sin and only way to repent before God that O God I had made mistake and did wrong with my self so Please God Allah the Almighty forgive me, So any one who sincerely repent and ask Allah to for give him Than Allah forgives him and make him deserve to enter in to paradise, So a sincere repent washes all the sin and than man includes one to whom Allah pleased and make them success. As such sin has no value if one really repents and asks Allah to forgive him.

6. 4-God is our Master and master of whole universe. He is one and only one, there is nothing like un to Him. This is our idea for Him, read.

7- Please read the para 4 with following,

Holy Quran S.II - 255
Allah! There is no God
But He____ the living
The self-subsisting, Eternal.
No slumber can seize Him
Nor sleep. His are all things
In the heaven and on earth
Who is there can intercede
In His presence except.
As He permitted? He knowth
What (appeareth to His creatures As)
Before or after or behind them.
Nor shall they compass
Aught of His knowledge
Except as He willeth.
His throne doth extend,
Over the heavens
And the earth, and he feeleth
No fatigue in guarding
And preserving them
For he is the most High,
The supreme (in glory).

Holy Quran S. 24 -35
Allah is the light
Of the heavens and earth.
The parable of His light
Is as if there were a niche
And with in it a lamp!
The lamp enclosed in glass;
The glass as it were
A brilliant star;
Lit from a blessed tree
An olive, neither of the east
Nor of the west.
Whose oil is well nigh
Luminous,
Though fire scarce touched it;
Light upon light !
Allah doth guide
Whom He will
To His light
Allah doth set for the parables
For men: and Allah
Doth no all things.

Please these are brief answers of your Questions.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#155321 Dec 2, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I think only those visitors, who eat a lot of garlic, might visit. Looks like Italian visitors may tour the area.
rabbee: well yeah! only because garlic eaters, are working for the vampires. to eliminate, all the garlic.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#155322 Dec 2, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Salaams, bro...
They get AID from America but do they give AIDS to Arabs?
The former is true and the latter is unlikely but subject to the degree of success of Tel Aviv Gay Pride event- the next is on 7 June 2013!
http://www.gaytlvguide.com/component/content/...
Wow...is this why Moshe and their "god" wanted a "separate holey" land established for the "chosen holey" ones?lol...
Another covert back-door operation eh!
rabbee: sorry that is not true, the ysralee government just finished giving 10 million to the palestinean government. not to mention other aids and services like water, electricity, and health care.

when all the arabs supply is, more ammunition. as even the rockets fired into ysrael, don't just threaten jews. when their rockets, don't care whether you are arab, jew*, tourist, women or children.

if arabs were to curtail, their violent opposition to the existance of jews in Ysrael. i contend, their would be peace. but i do not see that, happening for any length of time.

and america has given more uncontested land to the jews*, to live on than the greedy arabs ever have. when all the arabs have done, is to steal their land, and confiscate their posessions. as they have chased, the majority of jew* out of their muslem countries.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#155323 Dec 2, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
oh right..!
You saw god?
what did your "god" look like?
was he in white with white beard or was he naked attached to a pole?
why did he visit you?
was he bored?
why did he not visit the pope?
he told you that today's version of torah, written by some clever people to give themselves titles, lands and medals, was correct?
i think you had a visitation from lucifer.
take care
rabbee: it was not like, i was trying to see G-D. when THEY/BOTH came to see me. and how do you describe TheBeing of LIGHT, that is BOTH MALE/FEMALE. with see through glowing clothes of light, that you cannot see Their naked Body through.

and it tells you in TheWritten Torah that G-D always comes to visit with me, at always this very same time here in ThisStoy of Creation. as it does not say in TheTorah, that G-D comes to visit with the pope or anyone else either.

and your sarchasm at G-D, is most indignified. and todays version, is no different, than the last time with me and your grandmoher. so it is still, the same old story again. so their is no, different version here. all you denouncing G-D, here in TheStory of creation again made sure to that.

this is the near end, of the sixth day again. did you really expect, G-D to not keep HIS Word or Promise here in ThisStory of Creation again? all you talking critters, have already proved your not interested in G-D, in ThisStory of Creation. and you are proving this right now.

and if fact, i did not start growing a beard. untill after the second visit with HIM. which is also described, in TheTorah. even if my beard and hair is not quite, nice as what G-D has. but i do my best to, try and look like HIM now. which is much harder to do, without me and the woman in OneUnique Body like G-D IS.

so there is nothing unusual going on, here in TheVery Same Story of Creation again. exactly like all the other times, G-D has always given This Same Story of Creation. with all of you and your grandmother, still again following the most subtle beast of the fields. and TheHisSon adam, the only one following G-D, here and now in TheTorah Happening.

with adam the only male person here in TheTorah, with all about seven billion of you nobodies here in IT agains. because you all, have rejected TheOnly Story of PhysicalCreation G-D is going to give forever and always. as you all and your grandmother, have trashed yourselves out of being here in IT again.

so i know you all, cannot accept atually being here in ThisStory from G-D. because this is all the world, has previously ever done. so your critter mo, has not changed. no different than the three to four million other times, G-D has given this exact same Story of Creation with Noach, HisFamily the 144,000 critters, Avraham and Sarah, To Adam and on to adam and his mate again. then round back, to Noach all over again.
Mahmood

Schomberg, Canada

#155324 Dec 2, 2012
Qadir mengal wrote:
QUESTIONS OF JOE ABOUT ISLAM
Who=Joe Honest questions to all Muslims...
Why do you continue following Islam? Why is it important for you to remain Muslim? What is your relationship to God? What is God's relationship to you? What is the outcome of your faith? How does a Muslim deal with sin? Finally, what is the nature of God?[Please describe Him]
Thank you
Who Mengal.
Dear Joe,
1- life or cling upon any ideology which having no hope of paradise or fear of Hell fire, Therefore best way being an intellectual is that we die on this idea or religion ,if that tomorrow not becomes true even than we get no any loss ,but if same becomes true than tell what happen with rejectors .they surely will be burnt in Hell fire.
Why do these verses contradict each other? If Koran happens to be the perfect word of "God", there should be no contradictions. One verse tells us that people of the book have nothing to worry while the other says they will burn in hell.

2:62 - Lo! Those who believe (in that which is revealed unto thee, Muhammad), and those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans - whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear
come upon them neither shall they grieve.

Contradicts:

4:150-151 - Lo! those who disbelieve in Allah and His messengers, and seek to make distinction between Allah and His messengers, and say: We believe in some and disbelieve in others, and seek to choose a way in between; Such are disbelievers in truth; and for disbelievers We prepare a shameful doom.

Before answering, keep in mind that those Islamic scholars who I have talked to mask the contradiction claiming 2:62 implies those Christians and Jews before the advent of Mohammad which is nothing more than guess work.

Looking forward to your response.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#155325 Dec 2, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, let's look at that.
The Jews who came in the 1940's BOUGHT their property, just like the Muslims in Britain.
Just as the Arabs did recently, the Israelis sought statehood from the UN and received it.
In 1948 the Arabs were given 2/3 of the protectorate when the British left to govern and the Jews 1/3 to govern. Arabs living in Israel received citizenship and still enjoy it.
The Arabs wanted more. They started a war. They told the Arab population of the former protectorate to leave for theirown protection. The Arabs didn't win. They refused to negotiate boundaries, peace and the repatriation of their people--even though the Israelis offered to negotiate all 3.
The Arab leaders were the ones who therefore made them live in the camps because they wouldn't negotiate peace.
Now the Arab leaders are seeking boundaries that are way less than the ones they had in 1948. Their people suffer. Lives have been lost that did not have to be lost.
rabbee: the only thing wrong with your posts. is that the land awarded to the alleged as jews*. is not even close to 1/3 of the land under the brittish protectorate. it's not even a third, of the size of syria alone.

and as per agreement with king theisel, the trans-jordan area was to be given to the alleged as palestineans. leaving the entire west bank to the alleged as jews*. but we know how well, that worked out too.

arab leaders convinced, the alleged as palestineans not to move. while jordan stole, the trans-jordan area for their own. well so much for arab, brotherly love. like all that, in syria today.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#155326 Dec 2, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do these verses contradict each other? If Koran happens to be the perfect word of "God", there should be no contradictions. One verse tells us that people of the book have nothing to worry while the other says they will burn in hell.
2:62 - Lo! Those who believe (in that which is revealed unto thee, Muhammad), and those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans - whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear
come upon them neither shall they grieve.
Contradicts:
4:150-151 - Lo! those who disbelieve in Allah and His messengers, and seek to make distinction between Allah and His messengers, and say: We believe in some and disbelieve in others, and seek to choose a way in between; Such are disbelievers in truth; and for disbelievers We prepare a shameful doom.
Before answering, keep in mind that those Islamic scholars who I have talked to mask the contradiction claiming 2:62 implies those Christians and Jews before the advent of Mohammad which is nothing more than guess work.
Looking forward to your response.
I look forward to this repeat post, which has been answered before, again in the future. Good night.
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#155327 Dec 2, 2012
Eric wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1f80pNyoL6AXX
Gay, Muslim, and British
You dont think that could be a source of AIDs to Palestine, do you?

Of course not - must be an Israeli plot
Frijoles

Litchfield, CT

#155328 Dec 2, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Utter rubbish and you know it!
Non-gentile land of terror in the middle of palestine is a result of lies and theft.
Germany wanted more land using same excuse that the terror state of non-gentile uses now!!
Have Germans still got all the land they took over?
We got rid of them from occupied lands.
Can you not learn a lesson from it?
I have NO problem with the Jews who came to England to make a living and those who were fleeing from German oppression.
They are British now, most of them work hard and good luck to them.
To compare the statusd of British non-gentile with the non-gentile thieves of Palestine is very cheap Eric.
Well, Eric has History to back himself up

You have nothing.

And by the way - to add to Erics account - In 1948 Palestine was legally administered by the British who essentially won it from the Ottoman. They decided they wanted out and went to the UN to grant it statehood.

That is very different from the legal status of Palestine now. The occupied territories are not Palestinian, they are actually Jordanian conquests now conquested by Israel. Remember pre67?(probably not as you are too young). It was JORDANIAN.

The upshot of all of this is that a state is not decided by the UN. All they can do is recognize one ONCE the parties FIRST agree to it. That is way, at the end of the day, the vote last week was meaningless.
10th LIGHT HORSE

Australia

#155329 Dec 2, 2012
If Allah is God he didn't let a 53 yr old man marry a 9 year old girl let me tel you
Mahmood

Schomberg, Canada

#155330 Dec 2, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I look forward to this repeat post, which has been answered before, again in the future. Good night.
Thats right. Dont bother trying because you and I have discussed this before and the contradiction was never solved. So let Qadir it a shot.
Chuks Ezike Karen

UK

#155331 Dec 2, 2012
Allah is a pagan god of the muslims, a pre-islamic arabic deity
Truthsayer777

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#155332 Dec 2, 2012
www.scribd.com/doc/31322017/Salvation ...
The One & Only True God!
MUQ

Qatif, Saudi Arabia

#155333 Dec 2, 2012
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas- Part-0 (Introduction)

We have seen the real value and real status of most books of OT and NT. It is very clear that most of the books included in the Bible are not written by the authors whose names appear on the Title Page. These names are only symbolic and the books cannot be traced to the original people of that name.

We have also seen that very few of these books can be claimed to be written thru Revelation or inspiration. Each of the books have suffered during transmission and copying to a lesser or larger extent.

Now coming to the Gospels, it is clear that none of the Gospel writer was a disciple of Jesus, nor has written as an eyewitness account. It is clear that Jesus did not write himself anything during his short ministry, nor asked any of his disciples to write any thing during his life time.

After Jesus left the earth, many people wrote their memoirs which they called as Gospels. There are records of more than seventy such Gospels, out of which Church selected four (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) as canonical and rejected others as Apocrypha. What was the criterion used by Church for this selection has not been listed.

In our times, one such Gospel has come into light, which is known as Gospel of Barnabas. This Gospel is very different from the Canonical Gospels and hits at the very root of Modern Day Pauline Christianity. I will put excerpts from this Bible for interest of our readers.

Before I start my posting, I would like to say a few words about its author and about this Gospel.

A. Who was Barnabas: To any reader of Book of Acts, the word Barnabas is no stranger. In the first 15 Chapter of the books of Acts, there will hardly be a chapter where his name does not appear. As per book of Acts, his name was Joseph and he was a Levite, he sold all his worldly belongings and put the money at the feet of Disciples. They named him Barnabas, which means Son of Well Wishing.

B. Status of Barnabas: He was very prominent figure in early Church. In fact he was the one who introduced St. Paul to the Disciples. It was due to influence of Barnabas that Paul could get the confidence of Disciples. He and Paul were companions till Chapter 15 of Book of Acts, after which Barnabas separates from Paul and his further life is blocked out form Acts and from NT. Nor only Barnabas, Peter and all other Disciples all disappear from Acts after Chapter 15 (more details on Ch. 15 later on- MUQ)

C. Was Barnabas one of the Chosen 12 Disciples:

Barnabas Claims that he was Chosen by Jesus himself amongst the 12 Disciples, though his name does not appear in the Four Gospels. When we look at the list of 12 Disciples in the four Gospels, we find a strange thing. The list of 12 Chosen disciples is not the same in all four Gospels!! There is one unique name in each of the Gospels. It seems the name of Barnabas was removed and then each writer wrote one name by his own logic, that is why there is discrepancy.(Contd.)
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#155334 Dec 2, 2012
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas- Part-0 (Introduction)(Contd.)

D. Why Barnabas and Paul Separated?: Is it not strange that Paul and Barnabas who are always together till chapter 15 of Acts develop such a difference that they separate from each other for ever. Then the reason given in the book of Acts is so trivial, that it does not seem feasible that two close friends would separate from each other for ever over such an issue.

The real reason is not what is stated in the book of Acts, it was the differences in their perception of Christianity which caused this separation. The real reason was of Jewish and Gentile Christians.

E. Counsel of Jerusalem: Jesus preached mainly to Jews and all his chosen disciples were Jews. After jesus left, his disciples continued his mission amongst Jews. But a new convert to Christianity Saul (later called Paul) took his mission to Non Jews against the wishes of Jesus and his apostles. When large number of Non Jews started to enter the new faith, it caused friction with the Jewish Christians.

These Jewish Christians insisted that New Converts have to obey all laws of Moses also including circumcision. Paul opposed this view tooth and nail, since his new teachings were totally against laws of Moses.

To solve the problem a council was held in Jerusalem, in which Paul and his party won a major concession from the Jewish group. It seems after this “Victory” Paul intensified his attack on Torah and laws of Moses, and that is what caused the tiff between Paul and Barnabas and all the Chosen disciples of Jesus.

That is why we found that Peter, Barnabas and most of disciples disappear from the Acts after Ch. 15.

It is not so unreasonable to believe that Barnabas would have written his own Gospel to put his side of the story.

F. Accusation against Gospel of Barnabas: The Church is strictly against this Gospel from the very beginning. This Gospel is mentioned amongst the list of Books which were banned for all Christians. When we go thru the Gospel, we can see, why Church is so much against this Bible.

The Writer seems to have a very deep knowledge of OT books and often carries out long discussions, based on OT books and quotations, Such style cannot be copied by any Muslim.(Contd.)
Eric

Sugar Grove, IL

#155335 Dec 2, 2012
It must be summer. The reruns are starting.
bmz

Location hidden

#155336 Dec 2, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats right. Dont bother trying because you and I have discussed this before and the contradiction was never solved. So let Qadir it a shot.
I have already done that. There is no contradiction as the topics discussed are different matters and you keep on failing to understand that.
bmz

Location hidden

#155337 Dec 2, 2012
Truthsayer777 wrote:
www.scribd.com/doc/31322017/Sa lvation...
The One & Only True God!
From your link:

"CONDITION #4: Call upon the Lord."

Who is this Lord in above? The LORD God Almighty or Jesus?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pagan/Wiccan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loner wiccan Oct 1 birdy 2
ecoven on Facebook. secret group free classes a... (Apr '14) Sep 25 de_sheets 3
News Speaking of religion: Pagans stir a fuss in Beebe (Jun '14) Sep '17 dirt reynolds 121
News Harrogate mother says foster families are relig... (Nov '15) Sep '17 ABBB 54
the 7 great clans (Jun '07) Sep '17 blessed 479
Rev. Mirado Crow (Sep '13) Aug '17 Nobody you know 14
News Woman Explains Why She Kept 100 Dead Cats in He... (Jun '10) Aug '17 Trump Rules Zippy 6
More from around the web