Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,319)

Showing posts 146,361 - 146,380 of193,489
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You didnt try hard enough.
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&...
Israel has only 1 deep water port and it is small - so there is no place for a substantial naval base. But there are US soldiers all over the country both on leave and on special duty. I have seen them myself.
Plus there is hi tech exchange. Something that the other Arab countries are incapable of doing.
Dont underestimate US support for Israel. Most Americans, after viewing what the Arab spring has turned into, are MORE supportive, not less.
I did try but I don't see the bribery was part of the Camp David agreement. Nothing in there about money.

Just anchor half a kilometer offshore. I see no problem there. The soldiers are mostly off-duty and on leave for fun, Frijoles. That is the only place, where they can have fun in the region.

I do not believe that all American citizens are fully behind Israel. I know that well.

Frijoles, if we let loose 20-30 million rag-heads and towel-heads into Israel, wearing slippers only, IDF will be consumed. Trust me! lol!
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Lovely, indeed

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/25/world/middl...

Iranís President Spreads the Outrage in New York

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran stoked the anger of Israel, the United States, Syrian insurgents and gay rights advocates on Monday, using the first full day of his final visit to the United Nations as Iranís leader to assert that he has no fear of an Israeli attack on his countryís nuclear facilities, regards the Israelis as fleeting aberrations in Middle East history, is neutral in the Syria conflict and considers homosexuality an ugly crime.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I did try but I don't see the bribery was part of the Camp David agreement. Nothing in there about money.
Just anchor half a kilometer offshore. I see no problem there. The soldiers are mostly off-duty and on leave for fun, Frijoles. That is the only place, where they can have fun in the region.
I do not believe that all American citizens are fully behind Israel. I know that well.
Frijoles, if we let loose 20-30 million rag-heads and towel-heads into Israel, wearing slippers only, IDF will be consumed. Trust me! lol!
Incorrect on the public support. You are confusing the opinions of those who dont read the papers or listen to the news.

Unless you are from Detroit, or are from the far left/right, there is not a soul in the US who reads the media that believes Arabs are really allies, or that Israel is not an ally.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just about the third link down references it. From a left wing anti-Israel citation never the less. You can call it bribery. Here in the US we call it jobs.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither the US nor Israel has made it a standard diplomatic practice at EVERY International Forum to openly declare the elimination of the Iranian "entity" as a goal.
Iranians may be a lovely people, but they are loving the word to death.
enough said.
Yes, they do not declare openly but that is what's in their hearts. Wouldn't you call that bigotry?

Have you ever heard any Iranian minister talking about taking out Dimona? Of course, not. And here you have leaders of the Israeli regime talking about red lines and attacking Iran. How come you disregard, ignore and tolerate those belligerent statements?

Only the new generation from both sides, 80 years from now, will sit down and have peace, after two generations from each side have expired. I allowed the LORD's specified 40 years limit. ;)
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/arch...

U.S. aid to Egypt has historically been conditioned on Egypt meetings its obligations under the 1979 Camp David treaty, which ended three decades of intermittent war with Israel.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_mi...

Israel is the largest total recipient of direct economic and military assistance from the United States since World War II, and it was the largest annual recipient from 1976 to 2003.

Since the Iraq War began in 2003, Iraq has overtaken Israel as the largest annual recipient of U.S. aid.[4][5]

A major purchaser and user of U.S. military equipment, Israel is also involved in the joint development of military technology and regularly engages in joint military exercises involving United States and other forces.[2][3]

The relationship has deepened gradually over time, though, as Alan Dowty puts it, it was "not a simple linear process of growing cooperation, but rather a series of tendentious bargaining situations with different strategic and political components in each."[6]

During the Obama administration these relations reached new levels, with the two countries prepared to function in wartime as joint task forces.[7]
------

In other words, the US benefits directly because we produce the hardware and sell it to the Isrealis using our money. That is not going change much in the future - its too good of a deal for us. Jobs.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they do not declare openly but that is what's in their hearts. Wouldn't you call that bigotry?
Have you ever heard any Iranian minister talking about taking out Dimona? Of course, not. And here you have leaders of the Israeli regime talking about red lines and attacking Iran. How come you disregard, ignore and tolerate those belligerent statements?
Only the new generation from both sides, 80 years from now, will sit down and have peace, after two generations from each side have expired. I allowed the LORD's specified 40 years limit. ;)
Yes, the lovely people - salt of the earth - never hurt a soul outside their country

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_ea...

Elite Iranian unitís commander says his forces are in Syria

http://www.debka.com/article/22562/Three-Iran...

Three Iranian missile experts in Gaza from Lebanon after ceasefire

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
Lovely, indeed
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/25/world/middl...
Iranís President Spreads the Outrage in New York
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran stoked the anger of Israel, the United States, Syrian insurgents and gay rights advocates on Monday, using the first full day of his final visit to the United Nations as Iranís leader to assert that he has no fear of an Israeli attack on his countryís nuclear facilities, regards the Israelis as fleeting aberrations in Middle East history, is neutral in the Syria conflict and considers homosexuality an ugly crime.
Frijoles, you cannot expect the Iranian President to think and talk like an American or an American President. Not all Americans believe in gay rights and neither do all love gays and homosexuals. Christian Americans hate gays.

One man's meat is another man's poison!

It may appear as an outrage in New York, but there was no outrage in the whole world.

Of course, he has the right to say that Iran has no fear of Israel. Why should Iran fear Israel? What can Israel do to Iran? Pakistan does not care a damn about Israel and nobody fears Israel in Pakistan. Is that a requirement that every country should be scared of Israel, a tin pot country?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

BMZ

Its ok. I get it that you are Iranian and want to defend your people.

But there are just some facts that can not be spinned.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U nited_States_military_aid_to_I srael
Israel is the largest total recipient of direct economic and military assistance from the United States since World War II, and it was the largest annual recipient from 1976 to 2003.
Since the Iraq War began in 2003, Iraq has overtaken Israel as the largest annual recipient of U.S. aid.[4][5]
A major purchaser and user of U.S. military equipment, Israel is also involved in the joint development of military technology and regularly engages in joint military exercises involving United States and other forces.[2][3]
The relationship has deepened gradually over time, though, as Alan Dowty puts it, it was "not a simple linear process of growing cooperation, but rather a series of tendentious bargaining situations with different strategic and political components in each."[6]
During the Obama administration these relations reached new levels, with the two countries prepared to function in wartime as joint task forces.[7]
------
In other words, the US benefits directly because we produce the hardware and sell it to the Isrealis using our money. That is not going change much in the future - its too good of a deal for us. Jobs.
Where can I find that aid was a part of the treaty as mentioned by you? We know about the aid to israel.

The US has been in war time for the last four years under Obama. Right? So, where are the Israeli friends functioning as joint task forces in Afghanistan? How many IDF soldiers are helping the US in Afghansitan and laying down their lives for their American buddies?
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles, you cannot expect the Iranian President to think and talk like an American or an American President. Not all Americans believe in gay rights and neither do all love gays and homosexuals. Christian Americans hate gays.
One man's meat is another man's poison!
It may appear as an outrage in New York, but there was no outrage in the whole world.
Of course, he has the right to say that Iran has no fear of Israel. Why should Iran fear Israel? What can Israel do to Iran? Pakistan does not care a damn about Israel and nobody fears Israel in Pakistan. Is that a requirement that every country should be scared of Israel, a tin pot country?
No outrage in the whole world?

Western diplomats walk out of Ahmadinejad speech

http://www.france24.com/en/20110922-united-na...

Diplomats from dozens of Western nations walked out of the UN General Assembly hall Thursday as Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad delivered scathing attacks on the US and Western Europe.

The two U.S. diplomats, who specialize in the Middle East, were followed out of the chamber by diplomats from more than 30 countries. They included the 27 European Union members, Australia, New Zealand, Somalia, Liechtenstein, Monaco, San Marino and Macedonia, a U.N. diplomat said.....
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Where can I find that aid was a part of the treaty as mentioned by you? We know about the aid to israel.
The US has been in war time for the last four years under Obama. Right? So, where are the Israeli friends functioning as joint task forces in Afghanistan? How many IDF soldiers are helping the US in Afghansitan and laying down their lives for their American buddies?
Publically the Israelis want NO part of that conflict because the last thing anyone needs is another excuse for rabid jihadists to attack Israel.

Privately, the Israelis have been directly in support, including on the ground, with the Kurds, for many many years.

I would be shocked if the Isrealis didnt exchange intelligence with the Americans as well on a daily basis.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
It was part of the deal.

It might not been codified in the actual agreement, but every article states that it was part of the deal.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
BMZ
Its ok. I get it that you are Iranian and want to defend your people.
But there are just some facts that can not be spinned.
The General's son, who wrote the book, is an Israeli. Right? A spade must be called an spade. I do that but I do not see you do that.

You defend a brutal war-mongering regime and machine that terrorises her militarily weak neighbours.

And now that Iran has become a military might, it is not at all right with the US, Israel and a few others. The US can carry on with her hegemony over her puppets but no one is going to accept little Israel's hegemony in the region.

And trust me that Obama admin knows that it is a different world now.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
No outrage in the whole world?
Western diplomats walk out of Ahmadinejad speech
http://www.france24.com/en/20110922-united-na...
Diplomats from dozens of Western nations walked out of the UN General Assembly hall Thursday as Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad delivered scathing attacks on the US and Western Europe.
The two U.S. diplomats, who specialize in the Middle East, were followed out of the chamber by diplomats from more than 30 countries. They included the 27 European Union members, Australia, New Zealand, Somalia, Liechtenstein, Monaco, San Marino and Macedonia, a U.N. diplomat said.....
Frijoles,

Dozens? 30 is only two and a half dozen.

They could not bear listening to the truth. Walkout was an easy way out.

Western diplomats are not the whole world. After the walkout, how many were left? Six times more than the Wester diplomats. Right?

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
It was part of the deal.
It might not been codified in the actual agreement, but every article states that it was part of the deal.
No, Frijoles. You have not been able to prove that. The aid as you call it or bribery, as I call it, was never part f the peace agreement.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Publically the Israelis want NO part of that conflict because the last thing anyone needs is another excuse for rabid jihadists to attack Israel.

Privately, the Israelis have been directly in support, including on the ground, with the Kurds, for many many years.

I would be shocked if the Isrealis didnt exchange intelligence with the Americans as well on a daily basis.
Israel is herself a rabid Jihadist, Frijoles. Her soldiers are worse than Jihadis. They will shoot you first and later, if you are alive, will tell you not to throw stones. The entire bunch in the region is of the same stock.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

OK, Frijoles. It is good night from my side. have a nice day cherishing Israel.

I am enjoying these exchanges with you. Thanks for that.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---how DO you negotiate peace with an organization that exists solely to eradicate you?
Rabbi Israel Shimon wrote: "The Jewish serpent will show its hydraís heads everywhere, BLOCKING the way to a RELAZATION of international TENSIONS. We Jews will NOT ALLOW PEACE IN THE WORLD, however hard statesmen and peace advocates try to bring it about.
Ēó London Jewish Chronicle, March 3, 1939
HughBe--- Read with care. Personally I found the quote shocking.
It was so shocking that you asked the original poster for a link to the original document. You never got one. All links are to non-credible websites.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 146,361 - 146,380 of193,489
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Pagan/Wiccan Forum right now

Search the Pagan/Wiccan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Create A Potted Plant Altar 1 hr Drake_Burrwood 1
What is Ritual Sex? (Nov '11) 6 hr Ken Ra 71
Paganism still suffering from wounds inflicted ... 7 hr Ken Ra 4
Wiccan Threefold Law Is Overrated 7 hr Ken Ra 7
Woman Injured in Wiccan Ceremony (Jul '08) 7 hr Ken Ra 5
Ex-Disney Star Renounced Christianity and Becam... 9 hr Richie T 50
Celebrate Spring With an Egg in Your Cocktail Mon Jumper The Wise 1
•••
•••