Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,318)

Showing posts 146,341 - 146,360 of193,504
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Under the current circumstances, Iran is the fuel for the fire.
No! It is Israel.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Negative example.

The USSR did not exist soley to eradicate the US - they also existed to develop a state, and did a fine job at that. Hamas has not. They exist soley to fight others. Their is nothing in their charter that addresses statehood,. Only jihad.

Furthermore, as loonie as Stalin and the later Communists were, ultimately they valued their own human life over all, as as such the Cold War never really developed into an actual conflict.
The problem with the Arabs is that their particular type of Islam, values martydom as an end. That is a problem. Interestingly enuf, I dont get the idea that the Iranians do this. But they are more than happy to get others to do their bidding.
The USSR did threaten to eradicate the US and her allies, who were all targets in red on their strike maps.

The rest is all politics. It is every simple, Frijoles. You crush people, they will stand up against you! they will not act as drama queens. You can see the rag-heads and towel-heads fighting the US and Nato.

Iran is doing nothing new. It is now doing what the US has been doing for decades.

The US is using Pakistan to do their bidding. Right? What is good for the American goose, should also be good for the Iranian gander.

HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The USSR did threaten to eradicate the US and her allies, who were all targets in red on their strike maps.
The rest is all politics. It is every simple, Frijoles. You crush people, they will stand up against you! they will not act as drama queens. You can see the rag-heads and towel-heads fighting the US and Nato.
Iran is doing nothing new. It is now doing what the US has been doing for decades.
The US is using Pakistan to do their bidding. Right? What is good for the American goose, should also be good for the Iranian gander.
BMZ---What is good for the American GOOSE, should also be good for the Iranian GANDER.

HughBe--- witty
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Eric and Frijoles,

bye-bye

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up the details of the Camp david accord. The answer is yes.

How is Israel an ally? Please tell me another country in the region that has allowed US soldiers onto to their land without quibbling? AFter the Arab Spring, this is ever the more obvious.
I went through all documents to search fro the bribery to Egypt and Israel but could not find anything mentioning or talking about money. I mean bribery.

Please provide a link and quote from it to show if the aid or bribery, had been mentioned.

Do the names Kuwait, Bahrain, UAE , Qatar and Oman ring a loud bell? These allies have provided bases and US personnel live there happily. They are there even after the Arab Spring. The US Fleets 'reside' in Bahrain. A huge US airbase 'resides' in Qatar. Just google and see.

Why can't Israel provide 'residences' for the US Fleets and Air Force, if it is a true friend and the greatest ally of the US?

It is all dirty politics, Frijoles.

Anyway, my point is that America is not going to let her sons and daughter for Israel any more. The post-Arab Spring region is different now.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
BMZ---What is good for the American GOOSE, should also be good for the Iranian GANDER.
HughBe--- witty
Thanks, HughBe

Glad you enjoyed that, HughBe.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

Post corrected:
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I went through all documents to search for the bribery to Egypt and Israel but could not find anything mentioning or talking about money. I mean bribery.

Please provide a link and quote from it to show if the aid or bribery, had been mentioned.

Do the names Kuwait, Bahrain, UAE , Qatar and Oman ring a loud bell? These allies have provided bases and US personnel live there happily. They are there even after the Arab Spring. The US Fleets 'reside' in Bahrain. A huge US airbase 'resides' in Qatar. Just google and see.

Why can't Israel provide 'residences' for the US Fleets and Air Force, if it is a true friend and the greatest ally of the US?

Anyway, my point is that America is not going to let her sons and daughters to die for Israel any more. The post-Arab Spring region is different now.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, HughBe
Glad you enjoyed that, HughBe.
When one calls a spade a spade it must be acknowledged and appreciated. So although America is male, functionally it is a female/ GOOSE. Their laws condone such functionality and indeed some claim that they are not functionally that way but their very STRONG advocacy and opposition to ALL who dare to hold a contrary position say otherwise.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

SeasideSoon wrote:
Some things never change..
Cardinal Rai recently said in Paris that he supports Hizbullah's war against Israel: "Only when the international community exerts pressure on Israel to vacate the occupied Lebanese territory and Israel allows Palestinians in Lebanon to return to their homes, can Hizbullah be asked to hand over its arms because they will no longer be needed". It is not clear from the Cardinal's remarks to which Lebanese territory he was referring, since Israel, in compliance with the UN, had withdrawn from its Lebanon buffer zone years earlier. Rai said his statements reflected the policy of the Vatican." Thou shalt not lie.
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Ar...
They may have been referring to the Golan, which in the minds of some of the Shiites is not Syrian but Lebanese. Which is entertaining because international law would say it was conquored territory from Syria.

Never a dull moment.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Iran is not! The main instigators of violence in the region, are the US, Israel and the Arab despots.
There is a Santa behind everyone. The US is the Santa behind Israel and the Arabs. China is the Santa behind North Korea and pakistan. Russia is the Santa for Syria and Iran is the Santa for Hizbullah and Hamas. That is perfectly normal. It is good to have more Santas.
If Iran had not been a Santa to Hamas and Hizbullah, Israel would have ruined them all in Ghaza and Lebanon. You just saw the brake applied hard by the US President. A brake so hard that Ehud Barak could not take it and has decided to quit politics.
I have already answered. Deal with them as America dealt with Russia, who wanted to eradicate the US and her allies.
I suppose we need more Iranian Santas to develop weapons that specifically target civilians. Cant wait until they develop a nuke.

BMZ I always thought better of you. I still do. But your defense of the Iranians, who by ALL accounts are the biggest instigator and reason for this conflict, is really morally thin. By any account.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
No! It is Israel.
Correct.

The development of the Iron Dome missile defense system CAUSED the Iranians to give the missiles to Hamas.

Alice in wonderland.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You still put some type of equivalency between the Soviets and the Jihadists. That is incorrect. The Soviets were sane, they valued life. Hence we never developed a nuclear conflict. The jihadists play by different rules.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I went through all documents to search fro the bribery to Egypt and Israel but could not find anything mentioning or talking about money. I mean bribery.
Anyway, my point is that America is not going to let her sons and daughter for Israel any more. The post-Arab Spring region is different now.
You didnt try hard enough.
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&...

Israel has only 1 deep water port and it is small - so there is no place for a substantial naval base. But there are US soldiers all over the country both on leave and on special duty. I have seen them myself.

Plus there is hi tech exchange. Something that the other Arab countries are incapable of doing.

Dont underestimate US support for Israel. Most Americans, after viewing what the Arab spring has turned into, are MORE supportive, not less.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---how DO you negotiate peace with an organization that exists solely to eradicate you?
Rabbi Israel Shimon wrote: "The Jewish serpent will show its hydra’s heads everywhere, BLOCKING the way to a RELAZATION of international TENSIONS. We Jews will NOT ALLOW PEACE IN THE WORLD, however hard statesmen and peace advocates try to bring it about.
”— London Jewish Chronicle, March 3, 1939
HughBe--- Read with care. Personally I found the quote shocking.
You probably should not play with us big boys then. It might be too much for your fine, sheltered nervous system.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---how DO you negotiate peace with an organization that exists solely to eradicate you?
A followup to that might be

"How can you DISCUSS religion with an ideologically committed Christian evangelical?"

Same conundrum

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose we need more Iranian Santas to develop weapons that specifically target civilians. Cant wait until they develop a nuke.

BMZ I always thought better of you. I still do. But your defense of the Iranians, who by ALL accounts are the biggest instigator and reason for this conflict, is really morally thin. By any account.
Frijoles,

Iranians are a lovely people. They are far, far better than our Arab brothers. Iran is a great country. Iran had been democratic when not a single Muslim nation was democratic. Who destroyed Iran's democracy? Who overthrew the government of democratically elected PM Mosaddeq of Iran in the early fifties?

The British and the Americans. Did you know this?

Pakistan has the nukes. Israel has nukes. So, why can't Iran have nukes?

Do you think a country like Israel, should be allowed to keep nukes? When it comes to barbarity, one can expect Israeli regimes to go berserk and use the nukes, if they get extremely frustrated.

Your answer will now be most likely: "Oh, Israel will never use it."

So, my answer will be: "Iran will also never use it."

Here is something interesting about Richard Armitage:

" According to President Musharraf, of Pakistan, shortly after 9/11, Armitage presented Pakistan with demands for assistance in the campaign against Al-Qaeda and the Taliban. The demands were non-negotiable. Should Pakistan accept, it would be considered a United States ally. Should it decline, Pakistan would be considered an enemy. According to Musharraf, Armitage further averred that, should Pakistan decline, the United States would bomb it 'back to the Stone Age.' Armitage denies having used those words."

Can the US anchor her fleets in the Arabian Sea and send Pakistan back to stone age now? The US cannot and that is why the US would not dare.

If Iran does not get the nukes, it can be easily sent back to the Stone Age by the US. I do not believe that Israel can harm Iran. In our past exchanges, I had told you that Israel is a narrow strip and has no field depth.

Iran must have nukes and I am sure they will get them. America and Israel are a threat to Iran's existence.

See, Frijoles! No one has dared make an Iraq or Afghanistan out of Iran. Israel is no match. That Israel is a military might, is absurd, sheer nonsense and a propaganda.

I believe Iran has already tamed Israel. It considers Israel an annoying bug or a mosquito.

I disagree. The culprits, who are responsible for the mess and instigation, are the US, the UK and Israel.

Please accept the facts.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
You still put some type of equivalency between the Soviets and the Jihadists. That is incorrect. The Soviets were sane, they valued life. Hence we never developed a nuclear conflict. The jihadists play by different rules.
Soviet valued life? You must be crazy to believe that. They have been far more barbaric than Israel.

Don't you know what they did in Afghanistan, and in Europe in the not-too-distant?

To me, even the Americans, the Israelis and soviets are Jihadists. Americans play double game in this conflict and they were never sincere in trying to get it solved. Period.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles,
Iranians are a lovely people. They are far, far better than our Arab brothers. Iran is a great country. Iran had been democratic when not a single Muslim nation was democratic. Who destroyed Iran's democracy? Who overthrew the government of democratically elected PM Mosaddeq of Iran in the early fifties?
The British and the Americans. Did you know this?
Pakistan has the nukes. Israel has nukes. So, why can't Iran have nukes?
Do you think a country like Israel, should be allowed to keep nukes? When it comes to barbarity, one can expect Israeli regimes to go berserk and use the nukes, if they get extremely frustrated.
Your answer will now be most likely: "Oh, Israel will never use it."
So, my answer will be: "Iran will also never use it."
Here is something interesting about Richard Armitage:
" According to President Musharraf, of Pakistan, shortly after 9/11, Armitage presented Pakistan with demands for assistance in the campaign against Al-Qaeda and the Taliban. The demands were non-negotiable. Should Pakistan accept, it would be considered a United States ally. Should it decline, Pakistan would be considered an enemy. According to Musharraf, Armitage further averred that, should Pakistan decline, the United States would bomb it 'back to the Stone Age.' Armitage denies having used those words."
Can the US anchor her fleets in the Arabian Sea and send Pakistan back to stone age now? The US cannot and that is why the US would not dare.
If Iran does not get the nukes, it can be easily sent back to the Stone Age by the US. I do not believe that Israel can harm Iran. In our past exchanges, I had told you that Israel is a narrow strip and has no field depth.
Iran must have nukes and I am sure they will get them. America and Israel are a threat to Iran's existence.
See, Frijoles! No one has dared make an Iraq or Afghanistan out of Iran. Israel is no match. That Israel is a military might, is absurd, sheer nonsense and a propaganda.
I believe Iran has already tamed Israel. It considers Israel an annoying bug or a mosquito.
I disagree. The culprits, who are responsible for the mess and instigation, are the US, the UK and Israel.
Please accept the facts.
Neither the US nor Israel has made it a standard diplomatic practice at EVERY International Forum to openly declare the elimination of the Iranian "entity" as a goal.

Iranians may be a lovely people, but they are loving the word to death.

enough said.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Soviet valued life? You must be crazy to believe that. They have been far more barbaric than Israel.
Don't you know what they did in Afghanistan, and in Europe in the not-too-distant?
To me, even the Americans, the Israelis and soviets are Jihadists. Americans play double game in this conflict and they were never sincere in trying to get it solved. Period.
Push came to shove, the soviet leaders valued life. As well as many of the mid level functionaries. That was why there was never any nuclear war. As far as internal war, of course they were nuts.

If the Jihadists would keep their jihad to themselves, it would not be a concern to us in the west.
Frijoles

Madison, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
And why did the soviets leave Afghanistan? Because they got beat. Thats my point. If they were jihadists, they would of stayed to the last man and died. The soviets may have been brutal, but they were not nuts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 146,341 - 146,360 of193,504
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••